Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Scotland Yard to be investigated?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Scotland Yard to be investigated?

Post  Panda on Fri 14 Feb - 17:17


We know that Scotland Yard simultaniously took on all these investigations about well known Actors etc , investigating the McCann Case , etc but at the rate the cases are being found in favour of the Celebrities, how much longer before the Press turns on SY???? The higher echelons of the Force are a disgrace for the way they went about this salivating of Celebrities without due care to the evidence. I remember being criticised here for suggesting a 15 yr old should have been mature enough to say NO, not go back for more.


SY is in serious trouble for this witchhunt and their reputation around the World has been damaged. How long before Redwood is given his marching orders and the Investigation closed? How many more possible leads will be chased up? How many more letters submitted to the Portugese Government?

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard to be investigated?

Post  tanszi on Fri 14 Feb - 17:19

i disagree with you entirely Panda. in the event that several independent allegations are made against anyone be they man in the street, celebrities, politicians etc, they need to be investigated and if it is deemed appropriate. charged and tried. jimo

tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3098
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard to be investigated?

Post  Panda on Fri 14 Feb - 17:38

tanszi wrote:i disagree with you entirely Panda.  in the event that several independent allegations are made against anyone be they man in the street, celebrities, politicians etc, they need to be investigated and if it is deemed appropriate. charged and tried. jimo

Everyone is entitled to their opinion tanszi ......."they need to be investigated.".........., wasn't it more a witchhunt rather than a proper investigation?

Oddly enough I was on the bus one day when all these investigations were being made and two women sitting in front of me were commenting. I joined in and we all agreed that pedophelia was common in our day but we would have told the perpertrator to "b***er off"as one of the Women succinctly put it. Also told our parents, who would have told the Police and the matter would have been sorted then, not wait many years.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard to be investigated?

Post  tanszi on Fri 14 Feb - 18:04

i ve put my point across Panda, as you have yours, we must agree to disagree.

tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3098
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard to be investigated?

Post  Lioned on Fri 14 Feb - 18:22

It is the CPS who decide if there is sufficient evidence to prosecute.

All historic allegations need to be investigated.

Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Age : 107
Location : Down South
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard to be investigated?

Post  dazedandconfused on Fri 14 Feb - 20:32

Lioned wrote:It is the CPS who decide if there is sufficient evidence to prosecute.

All historic allegations need to be investigated.

They surely do and the sad thing is that now these "celebs" are found not guilty, no one will dare to come forward to complain. Hope it doesn't make the powers that be sweep Elm Guest House under the carpet, serious investigation needed and although the accusations are historic, they do need to listen to some of the poor young souls involved in that abuse.

dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard to be investigated?

Post  Panda on Sat 15 Feb - 6:37

I can see Scotland Yard being sued by these Celebrities. SY must have been leaking all this information to the Press .
To be fair these Families have been through the cosh and have every reason to be bitter.

SY need to be fumigated and an investigation into why these Celebrities were considered guilty enough to be charged.

I hope they use the same zeal to get justice for all those young lads who were in Homes used and abused by Pedophiles but had no one to help them.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard to be investigated?

Post  wantthetruth on Sat 15 Feb - 6:53

Panda wrote:

Oddly enough I was on the bus one day when all these investigations were being made and two women sitting in front of me were commenting. I joined in and we all agreed that pedophelia was common in our day but we would have told the perpertrator to "b***er off"as one of the Women succinctly put it. Also told our parents, who would have told the Police and the matter would have been sorted then, not wait many years.

Victim blaming, again.

Disgusting, shocking, ignorant and offensive.

wantthetruth
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 934
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard to be investigated?

Post  Panda on Sat 15 Feb - 7:02

wantthetruth wrote:
Panda wrote:

Oddly enough I was on the bus one day when all these investigations were being made and two women sitting in front of me were commenting. I joined in and we all agreed that pedophelia was common in our day but we would have told the perpertrator to "b***er off"as one of the Women succinctly put it. Also told our parents, who would have told the Police and the matter would have been sorted then, not wait many years.

Victim blaming, again.

Disgusting, shocking, ignorant and offensive.


Not quite sure what you mean by that wantthetruth, would you care to elaborate.?

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard to be investigated?

Post  wantthetruth on Sat 15 Feb - 7:09

Panda wrote:
wantthetruth wrote:
Panda wrote:

Oddly enough I was on the bus one day when all these investigations were being made and two women sitting in front of me were commenting. I joined in and we all agreed that pedophelia was common in our day but we would have told the perpertrator to "b***er off"as one of the Women succinctly put it. Also told our parents, who would have told the Police and the matter would have been sorted then, not wait many years.

Victim blaming, again.

Disgusting, shocking, ignorant and offensive.


Not quite sure what you mean by that wantthetruth, would you care to elaborate.?

I've told you before that your level of ignorance actually staggers me.  You make the above statement, on a forum where other regular posters have admitted (at great personal pain) that they were abused and were unable to report it.
If you can't work out for yourself what's offensive about that then then I may just start to pity you.  But then, I have empathy.

wantthetruth
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 934
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard to be investigated?

Post  Panda on Sat 15 Feb - 7:18

wantthetruth wrote:
Panda wrote:
wantthetruth wrote:
Panda wrote:

Oddly enough I was on the bus one day when all these investigations were being made and two women sitting in front of me were commenting. I joined in and we all agreed that pedophelia was common in our day but we would have told the perpertrator to "b***er off"as one of the Women succinctly put it. Also told our parents, who would have told the Police and the matter would have been sorted then, not wait many years.

Victim blaming, again.

Disgusting, shocking, ignorant and offensive.


Not quite sure what you mean by that wantthetruth, would you care to elaborate.?

I've told you before that your level of ignorance actually staggers me.  You make the above statement, on a forum where other regular posters have admitted (at great personal pain) that they were abused and were unable to report it.
If you can't work out for yourself what's offensive about that then then I may just start to pity you.  But then, I have empathy.

I suggest you go back to bed and get out the other side later on, your manners may improve wantthetruth

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard to be investigated?

Post  kitti on Sat 15 Feb - 8:03

I think what panda is trying to say is ......there was where I lived in the library near me an obvious 'perv', all us kids knew he was 'pervy, he must off known we knew he was 'pervy' but KNOWONE did anything about him.



I used to go to the library on my own, we were told to keep away from him, did the police know about him, couldn't tell you, he never did anything to us but we all knew.



I used to work for the ministry off defence when I left school and believe me, i loved working there but I wasn't allowed to go the a certain persons office on my own, i was 16, they all knew what he was like, so papers were delivered sometimes by me BUT with a bodyguard ....he was known for his not very nice sexual comments and his wondering hands and it was accepted...and he also liked young girls and me being 16 looking MUCH younger spurred him on.....he sent me a present once......well two actually, underwear...it made me cringe....I suppose he must off been in his 50's.

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard to be investigated?

Post  Panda on Sat 15 Feb - 8:34

Thanks kitti for trying to explain, but in all the time i have been a Member of MM I have never seen such a vitriolic post and hope the Mods have a word with wantthetruth.

As you say, Pedophilia was rife , sometimes charges were made but for the most part youngsters were not stupid and could look after themselves. We were also taught by our Parents not to talk to strange Men etc. My Sister , aged then about 10 was playing in the Woods with her Friends and this guy came up to them and chatted, saying he was going to buy them all an icecream after a game of hide and seek . He caught hold of my Sister's hand and told the others to go off into the Woods while he and my Sister hid. However, the children weren't stupid , they ran off, then ran back and when he saw them he ran off on his own. One of the girls told their Parents who called the Police, who inturn took statements from the girls. Turned out the guy was a fugitive from the Army, and the girls identified him. Needless to say my Sister got a rollicking from my Parents for not telling them at the time.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard to be investigated?

Post  dazedandconfused on Sat 15 Feb - 8:37

Some of these youngsters have been scarred for life and I personally don't care how long ago things happened, they still need justice but as our country is ruled by the corrupt and perverted they aren't likely to get it. The company William Roache kept and there's photographic evidence to prove it, just doesn't make him seem whiter than white to me, same with DLT.

dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard to be investigated?

Post  Panda on Sat 15 Feb - 9:11

dazedandconfused wrote:Some of these youngsters have been scarred for life and I personally don't care how long ago things happened, they still need justice but as our country is ruled by the corrupt and perverted they aren't likely to get it.  The company William Roache kept and there's photographic evidence to prove it, just doesn't make him seem whiter than white to me, same with DLT.  
 
I agree but there are also others who jumped on the bandwagon . If the local Police  was made aware at the time , did they investigate? The children in Homes had no one to help them, but other children had their Family, Police, School Counsellors  etc all there to protect them .
 
I accept that some children abused felt too embarassed or ashamed to tell anyone and that is sad .

This post is really about Scotland Yard because all the other issues have been dealt with on other posts, I would like to know what you think about Scotland Yard, will they be sued, will the Government demand an investigation on why these people were not arrested earlier. The cost of this exercise is enormous, apart from the McCann case and the compteence of SY must surely be questioned.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard to be investigated?

Post  marxman on Sat 15 Feb - 12:27

All Police services throughout the world have an obligation to everyone
who finds the courage no matter how long it has festered and tormented
that individual, to prosecute a crime if a crime has been reported and
determined to have a realistic chance of providing closure to the victim
and justice for both victim and society.
Most sex crimes concerning the targeting of underage and vulnerable
people, by its very nature, contain many reasons why such crimes go
and grow unchallenged or reported for many years because they are
inflicted by the upper echelons upon the silent and suffering bottom of
society. Justice delayed is justice denied.
All crimes of a sexual nature should be prosecuted, No matter who the
suspect may be or the length of time elapsed for a victim to gather the
crying courage and a change in circumstance to seek justice. This is
not done lightly, safeguards for victim and accused must be in place.
What is the alternative?

marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Location : In the dog house
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard to be investigated?

Post  tanszi on Sat 15 Feb - 12:34

I totally support wantthetruth and dazed and confused posts.  Lets not condemn the victims, we don't know or understand what they have encountered or the consequences of those acts regardless of whether they happened yesterday or years ago.

Panda you brought in the issue of those who made the complaints, and was one that I responded to so this is not only about whether SY would be sued. and why would they, the CPS brought the prosecution.

tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3098
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard to be investigated?

Post  Panda on Sat 15 Feb - 12:51

tanzi , the CPS might have brought the prosecution but it was SY who , under the various 'operations' did the investigating by going back to the Files of the various cases and presumably determining cases they considered strong enough to prosecute.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard to be investigated?

Post  kitti on Sat 15 Feb - 12:59

I don't believe Le Veil is innocent....celebs can buy good lawyers .....Knox is out off pocket 2m......the first 1m was to get her off.....and tp appeal ....the second 1m she earned from her book is to get her off the second time....she lost and I thank god for the Italian Prosecutors who weren't going to let it go and believed she was guilty, and they were right.



The dj is bankrupt but he's free.




The prosecutors in all these cases have said their was mire than enough evidence to convict.....they didn't pick the jurors did they.


Casey Anthony ....more then enough evidence to convict for murder.....the jurors hadn't got a clue about 'circumstantial' evidence and thought you needed 'witnesses to a murder' to convict....there you go.



I really do not think people like me or you have the knowledge to become jurors....it should be police officers, barristers etc that should be....that's my opinion because I have sat on enough cases to realise some people just hadn't got a clue and shouldn't be there.

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard to be investigated?

Post  Panda on Sat 15 Feb - 13:10

kitti wrote:I don't believe Le Veil is innocent....celebs can buy good lawyers .....Knox is out off pocket 2m......the first 1m was to get her off.....and tp appeal ....the second 1m she earned from her book is to get her off the second time....she lost and I thank god for  the Italian Prosecutors who weren't going to let it go and believed she was guilty, and they were right.



The dj is bankrupt but he's free.




The prosecutors in all these cases have said their was mire than enough evidence to convict.....they didn't pick the jurors did they.


Casey Anthony ....more then enough evidence to convict for murder.....the jurors hadn't got a clue about 'circumstantial' evidence and thought you needed 'witnesses to a murder' to convict....there you go.



I really do not think people like me or you have the knowledge to become jurors....it should be police officers, barristers etc that should be....that's my opinion because I have sat on enough cases to realise some people just hadn't got a clue and shouldn't be there.

I agree with you kitti, Joe Public is hardly equipped to act as Jurors , yet if you remember the Jurors in the case of April, even without a body had no hesitation in finding the guy guilty. Yes, money can buy innocence, and it must be said that these cases were old, obviously no action taken then so why now? Money played a big part in this because Women were coming forward who had never brought charges before.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard to be investigated?

Post  wantthetruth on Sat 15 Feb - 17:19

tanszi wrote:I totally support wantthetruth and dazed and confused posts.  Lets not condemn the victims, we don't know or understand what they have encountered or the consequences of those acts regardless of whether they happened yesterday or years ago.

Panda you brought in the issue of those who made the complaints, and was one that I responded to so this is not only about whether SY would be sued.  and why would they, the CPS brought the prosecution.

Thanks Tanszi.

I have not said anything to Panda on this thread that I haven't said to her before.  I find her repeated comments that victims of abuse should tell their abusers 'where to go', and report abuse immediately, extremely offensive and ill informed. I make no apology for that.

I'm just glad that the police do take these allegations seriously.  Sure, it's hard to secure a conviction after so long but it doesn't mean that victims should feel the need to suffer in silence or not come forward at all. I agree with Kitti that those with money can pay for their freedom, quite literally, by procuring expensive lawyers.

Despite this, I applaud all those who are brave enough to speak out.  It must be torture for them.

wantthetruth
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 934
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard to be investigated?

Post  almostgothic on Sat 15 Feb - 18:30

An offence is still an offence, no matter how much time has elapsed.

There are many different reasons why abuse is not reported right away.
It's always useful to walk a mile in each individual victim's shoes before passing judgement.

almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Location : Lost in the barrio
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard to be investigated?

Post  Panda on Sat 15 Feb - 18:55

All this SY activity only really got underway because of the Jimmy Saville expose which horrified the Nation. I think under circumstances like this, Jurors are allowed to seek advice on areas they don't understand.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard to be investigated?

Post  tanszi on Sat 15 Feb - 20:44

in any trial jurors are allowed to seek advice and question to clarify something which concerns them.

tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3098
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard to be investigated?

Post  quickfingers on Mon 17 Feb - 5:56

I don't think SY investigated all of these celebrities. William Roache was in Manchester. Also it is the CPS who decide if there is enough evidence to prosecute not the police. I think any crime needs investigating and trying how ever long ago.

quickfingers
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 659
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard to be investigated?

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:59


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum