Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luisa Rodrigues, Widow Of Dead Suspect Euclides Lopes Monteiro Insists He Is Innocent

2 posters

Go down

Luisa Rodrigues, Widow Of Dead Suspect Euclides Lopes Monteiro Insists He Is Innocent  Empty Luisa Rodrigues, Widow Of Dead Suspect Euclides Lopes Monteiro Insists He Is Innocent

Post  Annabel Mon 17 Feb - 10:21

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/02/17/madeleine-mccann-news-luisa-rodrigues-widow-dead-suspect-euclides-lopes-monteiro-innocent_n_4801461.html

Subscribe
Follow:
Euclides Lopes Monteiro, Gerry McCann, Kate McCann, Luisa Rodrigues, Madeleine McCann, Scotland Yard, Crime, Portugal, Praia-Del-Luz, UK NEWS, UK News

The widow of a man named as a suspect in the Madeleine McCann case has revealed how she was grilled by police – a full four years after his death.

Luisa Rodrigues was interviewed by Portuguese officers after mobile phone records allegedly placed her late husband Euclides Lopes Monteiro at the scene of Madeleine's disappearance.

While she admitted to the Mirror that Monteiro had served timed for burglary and had struggled with heroin and cocaine addictions, she insists he had nothing to do with what happened to the little girl.

madeleine mccann
Madeleine McCann has been missing since 2007

She said: “I know Euclides didn’t take Madeleine. He came out of prison a changed man. He had made an honest life for himself and was a good and caring father and companion.

“If I thought he had anything to do with Madeleine’s disappearance I would have been the first to turn him in.

“I wouldn’t have been able to live with myself for keeping something like that secret. I know he is innocent.”

Monteiro was fired from the Ocean Club holiday complex in Praia de Luz where the McCanns were staying when Madeleine disappeared in May 2007, Portuguese paper Correio da Manha reported.

There was speculation the 40-year-old may have been looking for revenge after losing his job.

It was also reported that he was not on the list of employees given to police during the initial investigation because he was not working at the resort when the toddler went missing.

Monteiro died in a tractor accident in 2009. Last year Madeleine's parents Kate and Gerry McCann said they were aware of the reports about Monteiro, but described them as "pure speculation."

Rodrigues added: “I know in my heart he is innocent. It’s very easy to blame someone who can’t defend themselves any more.

“My husband was no angel but he would never be capable of committing such a terrible crime.”

Last month it was confirmed the Portuguese Attorney General had received a formal International Letter of Request from British detectives investigating the incident.

It is believed officers from the Met want to locate and question three burglars - who are reportedly known associates of Monteiro - operating in the area after mobile records revealed they made an unusually high number of phone calls to each other shortly after the little girl disappeared.

The Portuguese police attached no significance to the earlier incident, but one theory is that the burglars may have panicked after waking Madeleine by mistake and decided to take her with them, the Daily Mail writes.

Madeleine, who was then nearly four, disappeared from her family's holiday apartment in Portugal's Algarve on May 3 2007, as her parents dined at a nearby tapas restaurant with friends.
Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :
 Luisa Rodrigues, Widow Of Dead Suspect Euclides Lopes Monteiro Insists He Is Innocent  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100 Luisa Rodrigues, Widow Of Dead Suspect Euclides Lopes Monteiro Insists He Is Innocent  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Luisa Rodrigues, Widow Of Dead Suspect Euclides Lopes Monteiro Insists He Is Innocent  Empty Re: Luisa Rodrigues, Widow Of Dead Suspect Euclides Lopes Monteiro Insists He Is Innocent

Post  tanszi Mon 17 Feb - 12:37

Comments aren't being accepted on Huffington. the Mail is the few there say something like convenient to blame a dead man, comments very negative.. I expect MW will read this and get his gang of supporters to put some positive comments in there.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :
 Luisa Rodrigues, Widow Of Dead Suspect Euclides Lopes Monteiro Insists He Is Innocent  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100 Luisa Rodrigues, Widow Of Dead Suspect Euclides Lopes Monteiro Insists He Is Innocent  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down