Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Prime Minister is accused of politicising police

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Prime Minister is accused of politicising police

Post  weissnicht on Fri 21 Feb - 7:55

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1386822/Prime-Minister-David-Cameron-accused-politicising-police-meddling-Madeleine-McCann-investigation.html

"A spokesman denied Mr Cameron was ‘dancing to a media agenda’."

                                    


weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 816
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Prime Minister is accused of politicising police

Post  Panda on Fri 21 Feb - 8:45

Downing Street said the Prime Minister had intervened because of the exceptional circumstances of the case. A spokesman denied Mr Cameron was ‘dancing to a media agenda’.
It added that the request to the Met, made via Home Secretary Theresa May, was just that, and not an order.'

'exceptional circumstances' my ****, he was gullible enough to be taken in by Brooks and the McCanns publishing that letter in the Sun. Theresa May just wanted a scope, Cameron over-rode her.

Cameron tries to be all things to all people , his Governance is poor and I doubt he will win the Conservatives the next Election.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Prime Minister is accused of politicising police

Post  almostgothic on Fri 21 Feb - 10:11

Taking a historical perspective, Cameron has done nothing new or shocking.
Politics and policing have always been in the same bed. Whether they should be, in an ideal world, is of course another matter.
They are under the governance of the state, the Home Office, the party in power.
How can the police not be politicised in a political system?
How can they not be used by any powerful PR-driven politician with his/her eye on the main chance?

almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Location : Lost in the barrio
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Prime Minister is accused of politicising police

Post  Panda on Fri 21 Feb - 10:49

almostgothic wrote:Taking a historical perspective, Cameron has done nothing new or shocking.
Politics and policing have always been in the same bed. Whether they should be, in an ideal world, is of course another matter.
They are under the governance of the state, the Home Office, the party in power.
How can the police not be politicised in a political system?
How can they not be used by any powerful PR-driven politician with his/her eye on the main chance?


I agree with you and think Blair has been responsible for the deterioration in our legal system to a great extent. His 13 year Governance was corrupt and i hope one day a true account of this will be written. No wonder they call him Teflon Tony.!

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Prime Minister is accused of politicising police

Post  whatsupdoc on Fri 21 Feb - 11:08

Quote from Mail Online:-

Labour last night distanced itself from Lord Harris’s comments. Shadow home secretary Yvette Cooper said the party ‘fully backs Kate and Gerry McCann’s request for information in Madeleine’s case to be reviewed’.


I hope there are plenty of choices on the Ballot Paper next year.

whatsupdoc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 774
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-09-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Prime Minister is accused of politicising police

Post  weissnicht on Fri 21 Feb - 11:33

whatsupdoc wrote:Quote from Mail Online:-

Labour last night distanced itself from Lord Harris’s comments. Shadow home secretary Yvette Cooper said the party ‘fully backs Kate and Gerry McCann’s request for information in Madeleine’s case to be reviewed’.


I hope there are plenty of choices on the Ballot Paper next year.
I was just thinking...I'm happy I don't have to vote in UK. There is nobody to vote for..   

weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 816
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Prime Minister is accused of politicising police

Post  weissnicht on Fri 21 Feb - 11:33

Panda wrote:Downing Street said the Prime Minister had intervened because of the exceptional circumstances of the case. A spokesman denied Mr Cameron was ‘dancing to a media agenda’.
It added that the request to the Met, made via Home Secretary Theresa May, was just that, and not an order.'

'exceptional circumstances' my ****, he was gullible enough to be taken in by Brooks and the McCanns publishing that letter in the Sun. Theresa May just wanted a scope, Cameron over-rode her.

Cameron tries to be all things to all people , his Governance is poor and I doubt he will win the Conservatives the next Election.
Yep   

weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 816
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Prime Minister is accused of politicising police

Post  Guest on Fri 21 Feb - 11:36

This article is from 2011!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Prime Minister is accused of politicising police

Post  weissnicht on Fri 21 Feb - 13:36

Iris wrote:This article is from 2011!
Oh..soooorrryyyyy......but never the less, nothing has changed. Cameron thought it was a look idea to be played by Brooks.

weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 816
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Prime Minister is accused of politicising police

Post  Guest on Fri 21 Feb - 16:08

weissnicht wrote:
Iris wrote:This article is from 2011!
Oh..soooorrryyyyy......but never the less, nothing has changed. Cameron thought it was a look idea to be played by Brooks.
Exactly Weiss, if anything it makes it worse!   

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Prime Minister is accused of politicising police

Post  Panda on Fri 21 Feb - 16:42

At the moment where i live, there are local Elections going on. Gone are the days when the Candidate knocked your door to speak to you about his aims. Today , it is leaflets through the Letterbox........will the General Election be the same???

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Prime Minister is accused of politicising police

Post  widowan on Sun 23 Feb - 23:24

almostgothic wrote:Taking a historical perspective, Cameron has done nothing new or shocking.
Politics and policing have always been in the same bed. Whether they should be, in an ideal world, is of course another matter.
They are under the governance of the state, the Home Office, the party in power.
How can the police not be politicised in a political system?
How can they not be used by any powerful PR-driven politician with his/her eye on the main chance?

I think the press are more using the PR driven politician, than the other way.

Cameron has so little to gain by being involved with this however it turns out - the press, that's another matter.

It was the press who pressed him to reopen this investigation threatening to put his name on the front pages if he refused - with the letter to Home Secretary or whatever it was. The press is making millions from this - and many many readers who can then be picking up the paper to also read the coverage and editorials on the politicians, giving them even more power.

Remember, It was the Sun wot won it!

MM story gives them power over the pols and the polls.

I think Cameron would love to run from this and handing it off to the Met is one way to do that; now it's not him who hasn't stepped up, it's the Met who failed.

So much to be won or lost with the party in power, a story that gets readership and captures hearts and minds of the readers isn't far away when it comes to leading them down any other path they wish to tread. All of which are more important than how this one story pans out.

All good for McCanns as long as they keep madeleine's tale in the papers 0 if they are innocent I suppose they believe people will continue to look for her rather than simply feasting like vultures on the stories that agree with their own beliefs - the EU is a bad idea, xenophobia is warranted as foreigners are scary, etc. if McCanns are found wanting in the innocence dept the media still get all the goodies - it's a win/win for them.

widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3378
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Prime Minister is accused of politicising police

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:04


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum