Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now it is suggested the rest of Britain should be able be able to vote on the Scottish Referendum

3 posters

Go down

Now it is suggested the rest of Britain should be able be able to vote on the Scottish Referendum  Empty Now it is suggested the rest of Britain should be able be able to vote on the Scottish Referendum

Post  Panda Thu 27 Feb - 10:11

Should the rest of Britain have a vote on Scottish Independence?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-26353297

I don't think so, we are 4 seperate Countries. It looks as if the knives are out for Salmond and the Standard Bank is joining the queue.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Now it is suggested the rest of Britain should be able be able to vote on the Scottish Referendum  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Now it is suggested the rest of Britain should be able be able to vote on the Scottish Referendum  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Now it is suggested the rest of Britain should be able be able to vote on the Scottish Referendum  Empty Re: Now it is suggested the rest of Britain should be able be able to vote on the Scottish Referendum

Post  Guest Thu 27 Feb - 11:04

It just goes to show how keen the rest of the UK are to hang on to us. Funny, that, as we're always being told how much we're subsidised by England and what an economic burden we are. Yet we've got scaremongering MP s threatening that we'll all have to drive on the right. Keep it up, boys. You're helping the Yes vote no end.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Now it is suggested the rest of Britain should be able be able to vote on the Scottish Referendum  Empty Re: Now it is suggested the rest of Britain should be able be able to vote on the Scottish Referendum

Post  Panda Thu 27 Feb - 11:50

Iris wrote:It just goes to show how keen the rest of the UK are to hang on to us.   Funny,  that,  as we're always being told how much we're subsidised by England and what an economic burden we are.  Yet we've got scaremongering MP s threatening that we'll all have to drive on the right.    Keep it up,  boys.   You're helping the Yes vote no end.

I think it's quite disgraceful that Cameron, Carney, Barossa and Standard Life have joined forces to try to stop this breakaway. Let's hope the people of Scotland are not taken in by these threats. Iris, why is Salmond so keen to keep the Pound? They have already got Scottish notes and the biggest asset, OIL.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :
Now it is suggested the rest of Britain should be able be able to vote on the Scottish Referendum  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Now it is suggested the rest of Britain should be able be able to vote on the Scottish Referendum  Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Wed 5 Mar - 20:26

I for one believe that if the majority of the good people of Scotland want to break away from the UK and become completely independent of England then I hope that they get their wish. I do not think for a minute that it is serious that we in England will have a vote on it. That is nonsense
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sat 8 Mar - 10:17

Panda wrote:
Iris wrote:It just goes to show how keen the rest of the UK are to hang on to us.   Funny,  that,  as we're always being told how much we're subsidised by England and what an economic burden we are.  Yet we've got scaremongering MP s threatening that we'll all have to drive on the right.    Keep it up,  boys.   You're helping the Yes vote no end.

I think it's quite disgraceful that Cameron, Carney, Barossa and Standard Life have joined forces to try to stop this breakaway. Let's hope the people of Scotland are not taken in by these threats. Iris, why is Salmond so keen to keep the Pound? They have already got Scottish notes and the biggest asset, OIL.

Good morning Panda,
You are correct to a point Panda, OUR oil does go ashore in Scotland, but our oil and the assets which take from the oilfields and deliver it to the refineries are British or multinational owned, built and paid for by UK pounds with foreign investment, not Scottish. Salmond claims it as his by right, this is not so.
I think it would be a disaster for Scotland and the UK as a whole if Scotland breaks away but we here in England should, in my opinion have no say in what they might or might not wish to do.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 8 Mar - 10:51

Morning malena, I did post on this thread , but can't find it now, a map of Scotland showing the ratio of oil greater than the U.K. .

This article I found throws some light on matters and Scotland does provide customers with Oil through a Company called Scottishoil.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-20042070
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sat 8 Mar - 11:13

Hi, Panda. I've copied the map from the item.
The propose area which Salmond is claimig as Scottish oil seems to include Norwegian coastal waters, almost up to the polar ice cap and Belfast shipyards... He seems to be just a little delusional. The area is at a guess 10 times the size of Scotland itself...

Is he a relative of Putin?

photo _63654786_oilmap_zps86c64aa2.gif
The shaded blue area is the part of the UK continental shelf which the
Scottish government believes it should control
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Sat 8 Mar - 18:24

It certainly looks a little adventurous! I also think that it would be a bad thing for Scotland to break away from the UK. However if that is what the people of Scotland want? We will see.
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sat 8 Mar - 18:53

Panda wrote:Morning malena, I did post on this thread , but can't find it now, a map of Scotland showing the ratio of oil greater than the U.K. .

This article I found throws some light on matters and Scotland does provide customers with Oil through a Company called Scottishoil.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-20042070

Hi Panda, I'm led to believe maybe wrongly, that many companies buy their oil from the same refineries, much as our 'Internal Market' of gas suppliers buy their 'product' from the same source.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down