Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Portugal Press 25th Feb.....New tensions in inquiry

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Portugal Press 25th Feb.....New tensions in inquiry

Post  Panda on Sun 2 Mar - 8:16

New tensions in long-running Madeleine inquiry Portugal Resident

Posted by PORTUGAL PRESS on February 25, 2014


Madeleine McCann

Relations between the Polícia Judiciária (PJ) and Metropolitan Police forces, both of them investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, are once again at a delicate stage.

According to Correio da Manhã newspaper, "the relationship between the British police and the PJ began to become tense when Scotland Yard sent its third letter of request, at a time when work on the second had still not been completed".

Feeling pressured, the PJ have been further ruffled by remarks in the British press by the McCanns, who say they are "frustrated" by the lack of cooperation between the two forces and wish they "would start working together".

This story, published last weekend, comes just days after the Daily Mail carried a report on Scotland Yard boss Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe talking to BBC Radio 5 Live about the fact that his officers "have the names of suspects" that they want to interview, but are waiting for the say-so of the PJ before they can do this.

"We have sent three letters of request for international assistance to the Portuguese judiciary, because that is the way their system works," he told presenter Nicky Campbell, admitting that the Met has "lines of inquiry which are different to the Portuguese Police's and we are working with them to try and resolve that. We are making some progress."

Correio da Manhã suggests the progress is tempered. Writing under the headline "McCanns want to give orders to the PJ", the paper claims that it "knows that many of the steps requested" by the Met, "among them interviews, searches and bank account analysis, cannot be authorised by the prosecutor for the Public Ministry".

It confirms: "The Porto PJ, which leads the investigation reopened in Portugal, is following a different line to that that the parents of the missing child would like" - thus the parents' frustration that the investigation is "not going as it should".

The Met's latest theories appear to be centred on three former workers at the complex in Praia da Luz from which Madeleine disappeared on May 3, 2007.

Meanwhile, tongue-in-cheek Newsbiscuit online service remarked last week that there had been a dearth of "Missing Madeleine" stories on the front page of the Daily Express recently - but this has not stopped the Daily Mail from its regular updates.

Newsbiscuit carries a quote from what it calls "an Express spokesman": "We've got a bet on about how long we can keep a story going with no news content in it whatsoever, and we'll be damned if it's going to fall before seven years is up".

The seventh anniversary of Madeleine McCann's disappearance from a holiday apartment in Praia da Luz is just over two months away.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Portugal Press 25th Feb.....New tensions in inquiry

Post  Panda on Sun 2 Mar - 8:26

I highlighted in red because the Portugese did, in the early days, make a request for 6 months of Bank Statements . The then Home Secretary said six months was too intrusive. Those Statements have conveniently been destroyed now by the Bank I presume who only hold statements for 6 or 7 years.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Portugal Press 25th Feb.....New tensions in inquiry

Post  pennylane on Sun 2 Mar - 11:30

Panda wrote:I highlighted in red because the Portugese did, in the early days, make a request for 6 months of Bank Statements . The then Home Secretary said six months was too intrusive. Those Statements have conveniently been destroyed now by the Bank I presume who only hold statements for 6 or 7 years.

If there was nothing to hide therein, they would not have been refused (imo).

pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5351
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Portugal Press 25th Feb.....New tensions in inquiry

Post  Panda on Sun 2 Mar - 11:36

pennylane wrote:
Panda wrote:I highlighted in red because the Portugese did, in the early days, make a request for 6 months of Bank Statements . The then Home Secretary said six months was too intrusive. Those Statements have conveniently been destroyed now by the Bank I presume who only hold statements for 6 or 7 years.

If there was nothing to hide therein, they would not have been refused (imo).

Morning Pennylane, another example of cover-up. With it being the Portugese police you would think the British would be only too pleased to help, I wonder if they asked the McCanns permission and were refused?

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Portugal Press 25th Feb.....New tensions in inquiry

Post  pennylane on Sun 2 Mar - 11:41

Panda wrote:
pennylane wrote:
Panda wrote:I highlighted in red because the Portugese did, in the early days, make a request for 6 months of Bank Statements . The then Home Secretary said six months was too intrusive. Those Statements have conveniently been destroyed now by the Bank I presume who only hold statements for 6 or 7 years.

If there was nothing to hide therein, they would not have been refused (imo).

Morning Pennylane, another example of cover-up. With it being the Portugese police you would think the British would be only too pleased to help, I wonder if they asked the McCanns permission and were refused?

Morning Panda   

I tend to think their finances held information that would be scandalous to the NHS or similar?  I think it was the government that didn't want them released to the PJ.


Last edited by pennylane on Sun 2 Mar - 11:48; edited 1 time in total

pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5351
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Portugal Press 25th Feb.....New tensions in inquiry

Post  Panda on Sun 2 Mar - 11:48

pennylane wrote:
Panda wrote:
pennylane wrote:
Panda wrote:I highlighted in red because the Portugese did, in the early days, make a request for 6 months of Bank Statements . The then Home Secretary said six months was too intrusive. Those Statements have conveniently been destroyed now by the Bank I presume who only hold statements for 6 or 7 years.

If there was nothing to hide therein, they would not have been refused (imo).

Morning Pennylane, another example of cover-up. With it being the Portugese police you would think the British would be only too pleased to help, I wonder if they asked the McCanns permission and were refused?

I tend to think their finances held information that would be scandalous to the NHS?

Those Statements must have had some incriminating information , my guess is transfers from the Fund Bank account to their own Accounts. I don't think anything to do with the NHS would have interested the Portugese. In fact I wonder what the Portugese were looking for, it had to be something to do with Madeleine's disappearance surely?

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Portugal Press 25th Feb.....New tensions in inquiry

Post  pennylane on Sun 2 Mar - 12:06

Panda wrote:
pennylane wrote:
Panda wrote:
pennylane wrote:
Panda wrote:I highlighted in red because the Portugese did, in the early days, make a request for 6 months of Bank Statements . The then Home Secretary said six months was too intrusive. Those Statements have conveniently been destroyed now by the Bank I presume who only hold statements for 6 or 7 years.

If there was nothing to hide therein, they would not have been refused (imo).

Morning Pennylane, another example of cover-up. With it being the Portugese police you would think the British would be only too pleased to help, I wonder if they asked the McCanns permission and were refused?

Morning Panda   

I tend to think their finances held information that would be scandalous to the NHS?

Those Statements must have had some incriminating information , my guess is transfers from the Fund Bank account to their own Accounts. I don't think anything to do with the NHS would have interested the Portugese.  In fact I wonder what the Portugese were looking for, it had to be something to do with Madeleine's disappearance surely?

The Fund wasn't the government's problem so I don't think information would be refused on that basis. I agree, the Portuguese aren't interested in the shenanigans within the NHS, but the British government wouldn't want their dirty laundry aired, especially in a foreign court.

A missing child case always begins with the family and those close to them being scrutinized, and background checks are a part of that process.  This information (financial/medical) is normally quickly assessed in order to move the case along.  The government's stance reeks to high heaven!

pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5351
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Portugal Press 25th Feb.....New tensions in inquiry

Post  Panda on Sun 2 Mar - 12:37

Pennylane, it might have been to check how wealthy the McCanns were , there was talk of them being broke . When you think of it, this is maybe the reason the Bank Accounts would be useful. If they showed a marked improvement in their Finances , courtesy of the Fund, the McCanns conned Joe public , confident that Madeleine would never be found. This would also explain why Detectives experienced in finding missing children would never be employed.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Portugal Press 25th Feb.....New tensions in inquiry

Post  Guest on Sun 2 Mar - 13:34

Kate's very keen to tell us that Maddie's PJ's were from "Marks and Spencer" and that she "extravagantly" bought Maddie's holiday outfit from "Gap" and "Monsoon". It reminds me of my ex-neighbours who were bankrupt and having their house repossessed, but the wife still insisted on getting everything from Next. Shopping in Primark or New Look was beneath her dignity. Me, I've no money worries but love charity shops. I do believe the McCanns were in dire financial straits, and also in complete denial. Kate's green stripy top, for example, is George at Asda. I have exactly the same one, but in a much bigger size cuz I have bigger boobs   

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Portugal Press 25th Feb.....New tensions in inquiry

Post  Panda on Sun 2 Mar - 14:06

Iris wrote:Kate's very keen to tell us that Maddie's PJ's were from "Marks and Spencer" and that she "extravagantly" bought Maddie's holiday outfit from "Gap" and "Monsoon".  It reminds me of my ex-neighbours who were bankrupt and having their house repossessed, but the wife still insisted on getting everything from Next.  Shopping in Primark or New Look was beneath her dignity.  Me, I've no money worries but love charity shops.  I do believe the McCanns were in dire financial straits, and also in complete denial.  Kate's green stripy top, for example, is George at Asda.  I have exactly the same one, but in a much bigger size cuz I have bigger boobs   


MEOW Iris. LOL I will never understand why no one in Government was willing to investigate the Accounts, they had people providing enough information , even if Gerry was being groomed to be a Labour MP and probably knew stuff about the Party (I read he was a fundraiser) none of the other Parties or Press come to that , was willing to investigate the one area that would prove fraud., Madeleine was a British Citizen too remember. The McCanns changed their Account from Northern Rock to HSBC, I think it was their Mortgage...now why would they do that?

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Portugal Press 25th Feb.....New tensions in inquiry

Post  jeanmonroe on Sun 2 Mar - 16:03

I have exactly the same one, but in a much bigger size cuz I have bigger boobs
---------------------------------

So does this lady!

NAJOVA CHEKAYA (Aerobics Instructor/Quiz Organiser)
Najova Chekaya is the aerobics teacher running the quiz. She was invited over to the McCann table by Mr McCann himself when the game ended at 9.30. She stayed for half an hour.

'our' Kate would have been PLEASED...............................NOT!

jeanmonroe
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 996
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Portugal Press 25th Feb.....New tensions in inquiry

Post  Panda on Sun 2 Mar - 18:48

I remember that jeanmonroe, bet Kate was miffed. I wonder what Gerry did to upset her the night she slept in the Children's bedroom.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Portugal Press 25th Feb.....New tensions in inquiry

Post  Sponsored content Today at 22:02


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum