Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

First time as tragedy - The Blacksmith Bureau - mccannfiles

View previous topic View next topic Go down

First time as tragedy - The Blacksmith Bureau - mccannfiles

Post  interested on Sat 29 Mar - 17:40

Just read "First time as tragedy" by The Blacksmith Bureau at www.mccannfiles.com (scroll down under Latest News).

I know many don't appreciate all of Blacksmith's articles but, with nothing "new" in the papers, in my opinion this is worthy of a read.

interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2422
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: First time as tragedy - The Blacksmith Bureau - mccannfiles

Post  tanszi on Sat 29 Mar - 20:31

thanks for posting this interested. I know he has his detractors but I always look to see what he has to say. a worthy posting imo.

tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3098
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: First time as tragedy - The Blacksmith Bureau - mccannfiles

Post  wjk on Sat 29 Mar - 21:28

http://blacksmithbureau.blogspot.co.uk/

wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7812
Age : 51
Location : Manchester
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: First time as tragedy - The Blacksmith Bureau - mccannfiles

Post  Panda on Sun 30 Mar - 19:11

First time as tragedy..., 28 March 2014

First time as tragedy... The Blacksmith Bureau

Friday, 28 March 2014 at 18:28

All of us must have experienced situations when our innocence might have been under question. We at the Bureau, including Sharples, who's been round the block more times than an old Swansea hooker, certainly have. Whether long ago as unfairly punished schoolchildren, as accident prone adolescents, in traffic incidents defending our own blamelessness or as neutral witnesses of street crime, we know what it's like to be innocent.

What steadies us, both now and then, is our solid memory of what actually happened: we hang onto it like a lifebelt, an amulet or the inviolate memory of someone we loved. We go over it, time and again, in private re-appraisal and, while we can accept that others might have grounds for a viewpoint of their own, our memories are simply not negotiable: they are part of us. Whether our troubles result from accident or trivial misunderstanding, or whether we are undergoing a genuine ordeal, the memory sustains us: it is ours alone, beyond the reach of others.

Of course it is the McCann story that prompts these thoughts and, in particular, the new perspective that the abduction of Bundlestein by policemen unknown has created. Yet what we see now beyond any reasonable doubt is the absence of real memory in the McCanns' claims. Instead of falling back on the fixed and invariant bedrock of what they saw or felt Kate & Gerry McCann have done the opposite. Their police statements about the disappearance are not pure eyewitness statements at all but partially built with materials provided by others. Unlike ours their "memories" are not fixed but can be changed and shaded at will. Their story of the loss of their child is a flexible dramatization, not a fixed recollection of experience.

In the Light of Bundlestein...

Look, once again, at their drama.
Scene One – Gone! The shouted discovery of an apartment following a recent break-in, almost certainly between 9.35 and 10PM.

Scene Two – Tracked! The place of the abduction is a set capable of change, not an unchanging vision called up from memory. Now the scenery, the curtains, doors and windows are lit differently to accept a new abductor, Bundlestein, at a different time. By the second round of statements the interval 9.35-10PM has become almost empty of event and observation while 9.00-9.35PM is as busy as Waterloo station.

Scene Three – Innocent! Money-no-object professionals are brought in to help the pair after Ribeiro's reviewers expose the weaknesses and incompatibilities of the work-in-progress on September 6 2007. Once a turkey always a turkey but an expensive re-write patches some of the most glaring flaws with the final version being previewed both on the BBC, in Panorama, and the MS press, in Beyond the Smears.
Let's pause and make it quite clear what we're alleging. We aren't saying that this is all a carefully written invention by the Tapas 9, a fictitious tale from a group meeting called after they'd donned Freemasons' aprons and put Madeleine McCann in a cook-pot or whatever the latest cesspit theory is. To us, that's just another conspiracy theory in which everyone plays their allotted role to perfection and evil triumphs. No, we're asserting rather less ambitiously but a good deal more realistically that Kate and Gerry McCann have demonstrated such flexibility in their supposedly bedrock description of their child's disappearance that genuine recollection has to be excluded.

Consider our opening paragraphs and that "...lifebelt...amulet or the inviolate memory of someone we loved". Do you see the McCanns falling back on their memories? Where is the stoic repetition that we expect, brief, vivid and, above all, helplessly unchanging? The simple statement, full face to the PJ officers, to the libel trial judges, to us via the cameras, "look, there is nothing to change, nothing to negotiate, nothing to re-remember, this is all there will ever be until the day we die"?

The Record

Now, unlike Ribeiro and his men in 2007, we know with absolute certainty – from pages 205/6 of Madeleine – that the McCanns have a different, and troublesome, attitude to the truth to the rest of us; forget the personalities though, crucial as they are, and look at the documentary record.

Kate McCann's "lifebelt" is what she saw immediately after entering the apartment and described to the police: a clear line of sight from a couple of feet in through the wide-open bedroom door to the window. It is strictly impossible for such a vision to change into Kate McCann's final version in Madeleine, page 71, however sophist you are, however much you claim poor translations, indirect speech, blah, blah. It is impossible for both versions to be true. Whatever Kate McCann is describing on page 71 it cannot be her memory of events.

So much for the bedrock evidence of the only person to see the apartment as "the abductor left it". But remember again our primary target here is not her claims themselves, untruthful as they clearly are, but her history of "amending" – and thus destroying – "memories", something she shares with her husband: it is the process of updating that destroys them, not any particular update.

For Scene Two, the process is at work again, this time in Gerry's hands. In just one sentence, given to the Portuguese police on May 10 2007, he proves that the bedrock "evidence" he originally offered for forced intrusion, expanded upon to their relatives during the night of May 3/4, was not based on truth or memory.

"The deponent," goes the police record, describing what Gerry McCann was now saying about his first statement, "had had the wrong idea that Mathew had seen the bedroom shutters closed when he was there at 21.30 and therefore he thought the disappearance would have taken place between 21.30 and 22.00, but now he is fully convinced that the abduction took place during the period of time between his check at 21.05 and Mathew's visit at 21.30."

There is little to add to this virtual suicide note. Gerry McCann's crucial evidence was an idea based on the statements of others, not a memory. A "wrong idea" which he is here changing to a "right idea", Dr Bundlestein. Now Bundlestein is dead that idea has become another "wrong idea", hasn't it? So when will the idea change again? Eyewitness evidence, McCann style.

...and Ends as Farce

And so to Scene Three, the final phase of the process of altering "memory". Scene Three, completed at the end of 2007, remains the more or less final word on the case by the couple, a completed defence document that was too difficult and, in one or two areas, far too dangerous for them to approach, let alone modify, but had to be left in place in case of, ahem, possible future events. Even the famous Rothley meeting didn't dare go near it: whatever was on the agenda didn't include getting their stories straight – an impossibility anyway – as the 2008 rogatory interviews, in particular that of David Payne, demonstrate.

But the production of Scene Three, made under the threat of possible extradition, turned a child tragedy into low farce. The "memories" of both leading characters have become infinitely malleable, able now to accommodate not just Bundlestein but a five month late addition to the cast, the only male since Adam not to remember what an unclothed woman was wearing when he met her, the owlish Dr Payne, who'd circled his finger round the patio doors to such dramatic effect before being written out of the script and then, just before the arguido interviews, written all the way back in again.

This frightened, panicky stuff has gone beyond the reach of rational analysis. Think again of how we began above with talk of real things like innocence, loved ones and truth, the things we know and share. And then think of this horrible pair who debase the words themselves with their wriggling and their lies which make a mockery of real feelings and real memory and soil the memory of a child who died. No, only farce can reach them.

Farce is based on people doing absurd things at high speed in a serious, but ultimately meaningless, manner – fat window salesmen announcing they're going to brainwash a nation, for example – while doors whizz open and shut, comic policemen jump up and down and stock characters charge around humiliating themselves: Oscar Wilde's character in The Importance of Being Earnest was a baby found in a handbag while Oldfield goes one better and somehow mislays one in a tiny bedroom before shouting "everything normal" and adding that he can't tell the difference between darkness and light. A leading lady, M/S Tanner, appears in an onstage Panorama to make an emotional speech describing her intensely close relations with a Dr Bundlestein who doesn't exist while a Dr O' Brien covers his eyes like the Family Guy dog and hides in the corner for ever.

Where's Uranus Clarence?

The climax, both of the farce and the process, comes when a steroid-ridden clown called Clarence bounces onto the stage, lets his baggy trousers fall around his coarse, common boots and tells us, straight-faced, all about the Urinary Recollections of Gerry McCann and his memory, sensation, awareness, knowledge, certainty, pantomime willy in hand, of a hidden abductor behind the famous bedroom door.
Red Nosed Actor: He remembered it?

Bloated Steroid Ridden Clown Wearing Huge Polka-Dot Knickers: No, I didn't say he remembered it, ha-ha.

Red Nosed Actor: [shouts in Johnny Depp English accent] He must have imagined it then!

Fat Clown With Pink Hair & Warts: No, he didn't imagine it, ha-ha. He is now sure that he was there, which is completely different.

Aristotle: Then how did he know it? By what process?

Father Jack: That would be an ecumenical question.

Has-Been Clown With Piggie Eyes And Mounting Sense Of Fear: He hasn't changed his story!
Member Of The Audience: Just like your knickers!

[Prolonged laughter and applause]

Dead-Voiced, Blank-Eyed Lady Macbeth: [whines] We know Dr Bundlestein is alive. We just know.

Audience jeers, curtain falls, stops, billows, all stage doors slam, curtain falls again.
The curtain does indeed appear to be falling.

==================================

I gotta do everything around here   The McCanns have been invisible the last few weeks , in the absence of a new Trial date , I still maintain they settled out of Court which is why Amaral looks good. Redwoods vain attempt to blame everyone else for Madeleine's disappearance will not convince
anyone and I think the investigation will soon be closed. Whether OPORTO's report leads to anything remains to be seen.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: First time as tragedy - The Blacksmith Bureau - mccannfiles

Post  MaryB on Sun 30 Mar - 20:39

I too wouldn't be surprised if there had been an out of court settlement. Seems a bit strange that absolutely nothing has been heard about the next trial date.

MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Re: First time as tragedy - The Blacksmith Bureau - mccannfiles

Post  tanszi on Sun 30 Mar - 21:16

I am quite sure that if there had been an out of court settlement one of our Portuguese posters would advise us when they hear it direct from the horses mouth.

tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3098
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: First time as tragedy - The Blacksmith Bureau - mccannfiles

Post  Panda on Sun 30 Mar - 21:20

MaryB wrote:I too wouldn't be surprised if there had been an out of court settlement.  Seems a bit strange that absolutely nothing has been heard about the next trial date.  

Hi MaryB that's over another two months with no Trial date set and to me it makes sense. It explains why Amaral looks well , because he has his E1 million back plus whatever damages and court costs he asked for. The McCanns probably knew their case was weak because they had tried to come to a settlement with Amaral but he rightly turned them down . They also knew Redwood was ineffectual and with the Press printing all these suspects Redwood provided the investigation has become a laughing stock.

We shall see.  

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: First time as tragedy - The Blacksmith Bureau - mccannfiles

Post  Panda on Sun 30 Mar - 21:28

tanszi wrote:I am quite sure that if there had been an out of court settlement one of our Portuguese posters would advise us when they hear it direct from the horses mouth.

tanzi until the Libel case is officially closed none of the participants is allowed to discuss it, the Judge I  presume announces the outcome and must have a reason for not doing so, could be because of the Oporto report, the SY investigation , but it is nobody's business really except the Judge and the two participants since there is no jury. Can you explain why a Trial date set for 7th Jan was cancelled and not another date arranged by now. It was meant to be the closing session. How many times have you heard the expression "out of Court settlement".

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: First time as tragedy - The Blacksmith Bureau - mccannfiles

Post  T4two on Sun 30 Mar - 22:18

I would be extremely surprised if there has been an out of court settlement since it has always been Dr Amaral's expressed intention to have this matter dealt with in court. He has gone through so much to get this far and neither he nor his co-defendants have any reason whatsoever to settle out of court.

T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Age : 68
Location : Germany/England
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Re: First time as tragedy - The Blacksmith Bureau - mccannfiles

Post  tanszi on Sun 30 Mar - 23:18

Panda I cannot explain because I am not party to the Judges thoughts or decisions. However I am sure there are lots of cases which take a similar or longer time to be final, in the UK and elsewhere.

tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3098
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: First time as tragedy - The Blacksmith Bureau - mccannfiles

Post  Panda on Mon 31 Mar - 3:01

tanszi wrote:Panda I cannot explain because I am not party to the Judges thoughts or decisions.  However I am sure there are lots of cases which take a similar or longer time to be final, in the UK and elsewhere.

It's surprising for all of us tanzi, especially when the 7th January was supposed to be the closing statement . All I am saying is , that's almost 3 months ago and no explanation or date planned, The fact that Amaral appeared on TV to give his opinion and looked so well suggests there has been an out of Court settlement and neither Party is obliged to publicise it. Time will tell she says hopefully  

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: First time as tragedy - The Blacksmith Bureau - mccannfiles

Post  Panda on Mon 31 Mar - 3:09

T4two wrote:I would be extremely surprised if there has been an out of court settlement since it has always been Dr Amaral's expressed intention to have this matter dealt with in court. He has gone through so much to get this far and neither he nor his co-defendants have any reason whatsoever to settle out of court.  

Maybe that was his intention T4two, but he was broke, 3 witnesses of his never showed up or were cancelled on the last day, the McCanns realised they might not win the case so asked again for a settlement and this time Amaral accepted , along with TV 1 and the Publisher was it?

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: First time as tragedy - The Blacksmith Bureau - mccannfiles

Post  T4two on Mon 31 Mar - 7:09

Panda wrote:
T4two wrote:I would be extremely surprised if there has been an out of court settlement since it has always been Dr Amaral's expressed intention to have this matter dealt with in court. He has gone through so much to get this far and neither he nor his co-defendants have any reason whatsoever to settle out of court.  

Maybe that was his intention T4two, but he was broke, 3 witnesses of his never showed up or were cancelled on the last day, the McCanns realised they might not win the case so asked again for a settlement and this time Amaral accepted , along with TV 1 and the Publisher was it?

IMO an unlikely scenario Panda; given that delaying tactics in order to try to break Amaral are all the McCs have ever had and this has been going on for years - why would he break now? IMO you underestimate his fortitude as the McCs, their lawyers and advisors, the UK media, UK police and UK politiical class have all done.

T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Age : 68
Location : Germany/England
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Re: First time as tragedy - The Blacksmith Bureau - mccannfiles

Post  Panda on Mon 31 Mar - 8:53

T4two wrote:
Panda wrote:
T4two wrote:I would be extremely surprised if there has been an out of court settlement since it has always been Dr Amaral's expressed intention to have this matter dealt with in court. He has gone through so much to get this far and neither he nor his co-defendants have any reason whatsoever to settle out of court.  

Maybe that was his intention T4two, but he was broke, 3 witnesses of his never showed up or were cancelled on the last day, the McCanns realised they might not win the case so asked again for a settlement and this time Amaral accepted , along with TV 1 and the Publisher was it?

IMO an unlikely scenario Panda; given that delaying tactics in order to try to break Amaral are all the McCs have ever had and this has been going on for years - why would he break now? IMO you underestimate his fortitude as the McCs, their lawyers and advisors, the UK media, UK police and UK politiical class have all done.  

Well T4two, there has to be a reason why the 7th January date was not officially cancelled and a new date given . A case doesn't stop dead in mid air like this one for no valid reason , you may be right but that's my opinion , we will just have to see what happens next.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: First time as tragedy - The Blacksmith Bureau - mccannfiles

Post  T4two on Mon 31 Mar - 9:07

Panda wrote:
T4two wrote:
Panda wrote:
T4two wrote:I would be extremely surprised if there has been an out of court settlement since it has always been Dr Amaral's expressed intention to have this matter dealt with in court. He has gone through so much to get this far and neither he nor his co-defendants have any reason whatsoever to settle out of court.  

Maybe that was his intention T4two, but he was broke, 3 witnesses of his never showed up or were cancelled on the last day, the McCanns realised they might not win the case so asked again for a settlement and this time Amaral accepted , along with TV 1 and the Publisher was it?

IMO an unlikely scenario Panda; given that delaying tactics in order to try to break Amaral are all the McCs have ever had and this has been going on for years - why would he break now? IMO you underestimate his fortitude as the McCs, their lawyers and advisors, the UK media, UK police and UK politiical class have all done.  

Well T4two, there has to be a reason why the 7th January date was not officially cancelled and a new date given . A case doesn't stop dead in mid air like this one for no valid reason , you may be right but that's my opinion , we will just have to see what happens next.

Why don't you ask somebody in Portugal if this is indeed so unusual?

T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Age : 68
Location : Germany/England
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Re: First time as tragedy - The Blacksmith Bureau - mccannfiles

Post  Panda on Mon 31 Mar - 9:25

T4two wrote:
Panda wrote:
T4two wrote:
Panda wrote:
T4two wrote:I would be extremely surprised if there has been an out of court settlement since it has always been Dr Amaral's expressed intention to have this matter dealt with in court. He has gone through so much to get this far and neither he nor his co-defendants have any reason whatsoever to settle out of court.  

Maybe that was his intention T4two, but he was broke, 3 witnesses of his never showed up or were cancelled on the last day, the McCanns realised they might not win the case so asked again for a settlement and this time Amaral accepted , along with TV 1 and the Publisher was it?

IMO an unlikely scenario Panda; given that delaying tactics in order to try to break Amaral are all the McCs have ever had and this has been going on for years - why would he break now? IMO you underestimate his fortitude as the McCs, their lawyers and advisors, the UK media, UK police and UK politiical class have all done.  

Well T4two, there has to be a reason why the 7th January date was not officially cancelled and a new date given . A case doesn't stop dead in mid air like this one for no valid reason , you may be right but that's my opinion , we will just have to see what happens next.

Why don't you ask somebody in Portugal if this is indeed so unusual?

If it is true and has not been published it's probably because the McCanns stipulated that the deal could not be made public , the Press would have a field day. I don't know any Portugese Lawyers    I do remember thinking a while ago when Amaral won his defense against that Mad Lawyer regarding the Cipriani case yet had to pay the Court costs that it was strange.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: First time as tragedy - The Blacksmith Bureau - mccannfiles

Post  T4two on Mon 31 Mar - 9:40

Panda wrote:
T4two wrote:
Panda wrote:
T4two wrote:
Panda wrote:

Maybe that was his intention T4two, but he was broke, 3 witnesses of his never showed up or were cancelled on the last day, the McCanns realised they might not win the case so asked again for a settlement and this time Amaral accepted , along with TV 1 and the Publisher was it?

IMO an unlikely scenario Panda; given that delaying tactics in order to try to break Amaral are all the McCs have ever had and this has been going on for years - why would he break now? IMO you underestimate his fortitude as the McCs, their lawyers and advisors, the UK media, UK police and UK politiical class have all done.  

Well T4two, there has to be a reason why the 7th January date was not officially cancelled and a new date given . A case doesn't stop dead in mid air like this one for no valid reason , you may be right but that's my opinion , we will just have to see what happens next.

Why don't you ask somebody in Portugal if this is indeed so unusual?

If it is true and has not been published it's probably because the McCanns stipulated that the deal could not be made public , the Press would have a field day.  I don't know any Portugese Lawyers    I do remember thinking a while ago when Amaral won his defense against that Mad Lawyer regarding the Cipriani case yet had  to pay the Court costs  that it was strange.

Perhaps Claudia could comment on this speculation...

T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Age : 68
Location : Germany/England
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Re: First time as tragedy - The Blacksmith Bureau - mccannfiles

Post  kitti on Mon 31 Mar - 10:01

Mr Amaral sell his soul to the devil....I don't think so!!

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: First time as tragedy - The Blacksmith Bureau - mccannfiles

Post  wjk on Mon 31 Mar - 12:32

I don't think there is any way Snr Amaral would give in to the MCc's at this stage.
Why would he? He's come this far and imo has won this case. He will see this out until the end.


wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7812
Age : 51
Location : Manchester
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: First time as tragedy - The Blacksmith Bureau - mccannfiles

Post  Claudia79 on Mon 31 Mar - 14:20

T4two wrote:
Panda wrote:
T4two wrote:
Panda wrote:
T4two wrote:
Panda wrote:

Maybe that was his intention T4two, but he was broke, 3 witnesses of his never showed up or were cancelled on the last day, the McCanns realised they might not win the case so asked again for a settlement and this time Amaral accepted , along with TV 1 and the Publisher was it?

IMO an unlikely scenario Panda; given that delaying tactics in order to try to break Amaral are all the McCs have ever had and this has been going on for years - why would he break now? IMO you underestimate his fortitude as the McCs, their lawyers and advisors, the UK media, UK police and UK politiical class have all done.  

Well T4two, there has to be a reason why the 7th January date was not officially cancelled and a new date given . A case doesn't stop dead in mid air like this one for no valid reason , you may be right but that's my opinion , we will just have to see what happens next.

Why don't you ask somebody in Portugal if this is indeed so unusual?

If it is true and has not been published it's probably because the McCanns stipulated that the deal could not be made public , the Press would have a field day.  I don't know any Portugese Lawyers    I do remember thinking a while ago when Amaral won his defense against that Mad Lawyer regarding the Cipriani case yet had  to pay the Court costs  that it was strange.

Perhaps Claudia could comment on this speculation...

Again? There's a limit to the number of times I can repeat myself before I ban my own username!   

Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7004
Age : 37
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: First time as tragedy - The Blacksmith Bureau - mccannfiles

Post  Guest on Mon 31 Mar - 15:11

T4two wrote:I would be extremely surprised if there has been an out of court settlement since it has always been Dr Amaral's expressed intention to have this matter dealt with in court. He has gone through so much to get this far and neither he nor his co-defendants have any reason whatsoever to settle out of court.  

So would I, because unlike a certain money-grubbing pair of lying scroats, Dr Amaral is a gentleman and it's not just about the money for him. He wants his reputation and honour restored, and that would never happen with an out-of-court settlement. It's purely because of Portuguese secrecy laws that our gutter press are reduced to printing fabricated rubbish; does that not tell you something? And the Judge doesn't look as though she'll be easily influenced by pink fairy stories in the media, especially after the PJ asked the press to stop printing them. She's taking her time to make sure her decision is 100% correct with no loopholes or comeback clauses, IMHO.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: First time as tragedy - The Blacksmith Bureau - mccannfiles

Post  Sponsored content Today at 11:30


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum