Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Ukraine crisis....it is looking very serious now

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ukraine crisis....it is looking very serious now

Post  Panda on Sun 13 Apr - 13:43

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/04/13/world/europe/ukraine-crisis/index.html?hpt=hp_t1


Will Obama or the EU send forces?


http://edition.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/world/2014/04/11/ukraine-donetsk-power-struggle-paton-walsh-pkg.cnn.html

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Ukraine crisis....it is looking very serious now

Post  Panda on Sun 13 Apr - 16:19

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/ukraine/10763320/Ukrainian-forces-launch-anti-terrorist-operation-in-Slaviansk.html


Putin is suggesting it is nothing to do with him , it is Russians living in Ukraine demanding a referendum.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Ukraine crisis....it is looking very serious now

Post  malena stool on Sun 13 Apr - 16:28

Panda wrote:http://edition.cnn.com/2014/04/13/world/europe/ukraine-crisis/index.html?hpt=hp_t1


Will Obama or the EU send forces?


http://edition.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/world/2014/04/11/ukraine-donetsk-power-struggle-paton-walsh-pkg.cnn.html
I wouldn't think we'd send any forces Panda... There wouldn't be enough troops left to change the guard at Buck' Palace after the decimation caused by Osborne' chase to cut MoD budgets.

malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13385
Location : Spare room above the kitchen
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Ukraine crisis....it is looking very serious now

Post  Panda on Sun 13 Apr - 16:45

malena stool wrote:
Panda wrote:http://edition.cnn.com/2014/04/13/world/europe/ukraine-crisis/index.html?hpt=hp_t1


Will Obama or the EU send forces?


http://edition.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/world/2014/04/11/ukraine-donetsk-power-struggle-paton-walsh-pkg.cnn.html
I wouldn't think we'd send any forces Panda... There wouldn't be enough troops left to change the guard at Buck' Palace after the decimation caused by Osborne' chase to cut MoD budgets.

Hi malena, I don't think we will either ...unless the EU sends some and demands we do as well. Have you noticed , the EU have still not developed a Defense System if attacked? Neither have they got involved in any invasions . Our strongest Allies have always been the Commonwealth and USA , the Countries furthest away from us.

A Russian is denying Putin is behind this crisis says the last thing he wants is to occupy an impoverished Country like Ukraine. He says there should be no Election in May until it is known what these Rebels want. I would have thought a straight "do you want to be a seperate independent Country or do you want to be governed by Russia?

Oh, goodness me, just announced, the acting President of Ukraine has just said he is setting up a task force to deal with the latest invasion and is adamant Putin has had his hand in it.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Ukraine crisis....it is looking very serious now

Post  malena stool on Sun 13 Apr - 18:10

Whoever is behind it we should stay out of it, it has nothing to do with us. We're just coming out of years of being embroiled in a Middle Eastern conflict that was never going to succeed. Even now they kill and maim each other despite the fact that their 'dictatorial regimes' have been supressed. We and our coalition allies, have suffered thousands of casualties, killed, physically wounded or mentally scarred for no reason other than to make money for armaments industrialists and spineless politicians.

Editted to add, this in no way belittles the courage and professionalsim of our and our coalition allie's troops.

malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13385
Location : Spare room above the kitchen
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Ukraine crisis....it is looking very serious now

Post  Panda on Mon 14 Apr - 6:26

The former Ambassador to Ukraine has just given his opinion and says Russia is trying to destabilise the Country by stoking the fire in the Russian speaking areas of Ukraine. The sanctions to be imposed by the West must be severe but those European Countries which buy Russian gas will be reluctant to act.


http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-27016021

The deadline has just expired for the Russians to leave Ukraine . Police in Ukraine are saying they will not fire on the Russian speaking protesters occupying building in these areas and people outside have made human shields to stop the Police or military entering the buildings.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Ukraine crisis....it is looking very serious now

Post  Panda on Mon 14 Apr - 15:09

A meeting in the US between a Minister from Ukraine and US Foreign Secretary says U.S. will guarantee $1 billion loan and continue support. the Ukraine Minister thanks him and says he also has support from the IMF and EU.

The date has passed for the Russians to leave Ukraine but the fighting hasn't stopped, a former Ambassador says Russia cannot get away with pleading ignorance about what is going on.

The UN is suggesting sending peace keepers to Ukraine, but Putin has a veto and he will vote NO.

The situation in Ukraine has escalated and now 10 Cities are involved.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Ukraine crisis....it is looking very serious now

Post  Panda on Mon 14 Apr - 15:24

http://news.sky.com/story/1241968/ukraine-leader-calls-for-un-peacekeeper-help

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Ukraine crisis....it is looking very serious now

Post  Panda on Mon 14 Apr - 16:24

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/ukraine/10765540/Ukraine-crisis-Russia-orchestrating-destabilisation-of-eastern-regions.html


http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/ukraine/10764868/Russia-and-US-trade-accusations-amid-growing-Ukraine-violence.html

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Ukraine crisis....it is looking very serious now

Post  kitti on Mon 14 Apr - 16:44

I shouldn't worry about it, Russia won't have anyone to fight against soon........there all over here.

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Ukraine crisis....it is looking very serious now

Post  Panda on Mon 14 Apr - 16:59

kitti wrote:I shouldn't worry about it, Russia won't have anyone to fight against soon........there all over here.

Russia has to be stopped kitti or otherwise it will think it can take over any Country. The Ukraine IS a seperate Country, but does have Russians living there and this is what Putin is feeding off . The Russian population is small in comparison to the rest of the Country and what do these Russians hope to gain ? Russia, is still a poor Country and will not want to get involved in the Financial needs of the whole of the Ukraine , whereas the USA, IMF and some European Countries will lend money to kickstart their economy. The Rouble and Share Price of Russia has fallen today , exactly what Russia doesn't need.

The Oligarks over here might soon disappear , the US is bringing in new sanctions which will affect the rich and maybe Britain will follow suit.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Ukraine crisis....it is looking very serious now

Post  Panda on Tue 15 Apr - 7:11

http://news.sky.com/story/1242640/obama-to-putin-get-separatists-to-give-up-guns

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Ukraine crisis....it is looking very serious now

Post  malena stool on Tue 15 Apr - 8:49

Panda wrote:
kitti wrote:I shouldn't worry about it, Russia won't have anyone to fight against soon........there all over here.

Russia has to be stopped kitti or otherwise it will think it can take over any Country. The Ukraine IS a seperate Country, but does have Russians living there and this is what Putin is feeding off . The Russian population is small in comparison to the rest of the Country and what do these Russians hope to gain ? Russia, is still a poor Country and will not want to get involved in the Financial needs of the whole of the Ukraine , whereas the USA, IMF and some European Countries will lend money to kickstart their economy. The Rouble and Share Price of Russia has fallen today , exactly what Russia doesn't need.

The Oligarks over here might soon disappear , the US is bringing in new sanctions which will affect the rich and maybe Britain will follow suit.

Quote
"the US is bringing in new sanctions which will affect the rich and maybe Britain will follow suit."
Unquote.

Britain, (Osborne) bring in sanctions that will impact on the rich? .... Never in a million years......

malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13385
Location : Spare room above the kitchen
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Ukraine crisis....it is looking very serious now

Post  Panda on Tue 15 Apr - 9:16

malena stool wrote:
Panda wrote:
kitti wrote:I shouldn't worry about it, Russia won't have anyone to fight against soon........there all over here.

Russia has to be stopped kitti or otherwise it will think it can take over any Country. The Ukraine IS a seperate Country, but does have Russians living there and this is what Putin is feeding off . The Russian population is small in comparison to the rest of the Country and what do these Russians hope to gain ? Russia, is still a poor Country and will not want to get involved in the Financial needs of the whole of the Ukraine , whereas the USA, IMF and some European Countries will lend money to kickstart their economy. The Rouble and Share Price of Russia has fallen today , exactly what Russia doesn't need.

The Oligarks over here might soon disappear , the US is bringing in new sanctions which will affect the rich and maybe Britain will follow suit.

Quote
"the US is bringing in new sanctions which will affect the rich and maybe Britain will follow suit."
Unquote.



Britain, (Osborne) bring in sanctions that will impact on the rich? .... Never in a million years......


morning malena, do you remember the time Osborne was seen somewhere in Europe having a meeting on the yacht of a Russian ???? The thing is , neither he nor Cameron come from poor Families , David Davies, a one time contender for the PM's job was not born into wealth and I think he would have made a better PM

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Ukraine crisis....it is looking very serious now

Post  malena stool on Tue 15 Apr - 10:12

Panda wrote:
malena stool wrote:
Panda wrote:
kitti wrote:I shouldn't worry about it, Russia won't have anyone to fight against soon........there all over here.

Russia has to be stopped kitti or otherwise it will think it can take over any Country. The Ukraine IS a seperate Country, but does have Russians living there and this is what Putin is feeding off . The Russian population is small in comparison to the rest of the Country and what do these Russians hope to gain ? Russia, is still a poor Country and will not want to get involved in the Financial needs of the whole of the Ukraine , whereas the USA, IMF and some European Countries will lend money to kickstart their economy. The Rouble and Share Price of Russia has fallen today , exactly what Russia doesn't need.

The Oligarks over here might soon disappear , the US is bringing in new sanctions which will affect the rich and maybe Britain will follow suit.

Quote
"the US is bringing in new sanctions which will affect the rich and maybe Britain will follow suit."
Unquote.



Britain, (Osborne) bring in sanctions that will impact on the rich? .... Never in a million years......


morning malena, do you remember the time Osborne was seen somewhere in Europe having a meeting on the yacht of a Russian ???? The thing is , neither he nor Cameron come from poor Families , David Davies, a one time contender for the PM's job was not born into wealth and I think he would have made a better PM
Morning Panda.

I think this is what you are referring to...
George Osborne denies soliciting donation from Russian billionaire
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2008/oct/21/conservatives-partyfunding.

David Davies may well have made a more in touch PM because of his background, but Cameron was more popular with the tory faithful, perhaps because of his EU policies.

malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13385
Location : Spare room above the kitchen
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Ukraine crisis....it is looking very serious now

Post  Panda on Tue 15 Apr - 11:03

That's the one malena, thanks.......just clicked on the link and it comes up "cannot show page", but at least you were able to confirm it happened.

Rumour has it he would like to be PM and if Cameron is forced by the Backbenchers to stand down because he will lose them the election Osborne is
waiting in the wings.



Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Ukraine crisis....it is looking very serious now

Post  malena stool on Tue 15 Apr - 11:10

Panda wrote:That's the one malena, thanks.......just clicked on the link and it comes up "cannot show page", but at least you were able to confirm it happened.

Rumour has it he would like to be PM and if Cameron is forced by the Backbenchers to stand down because he will lose them the election Osborne is
waiting in the wings.


Another simpering rich child with no spine and a personality bypass... that's all the country needs.

malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13385
Location : Spare room above the kitchen
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Ukraine crisis....it is looking very serious now

Post  Panda on Tue 15 Apr - 11:49

I messed things up by the footnote of my post mentioning Osbourne , sorry. back on topic.


Latest news is that the Russian speakiing seperatists in Kramatorsk have abandoned the Police Station , this after a phone conversation between Putin and Obama, which suggests Putin was behind the plot to destabilize Ukraine. Elections in Ukraine are next month and if the population overwhelmingly vote to remain independent there is nothing the pro-Russian seperatists can do. The is a report that some pro-seperatists have surrendered voluntarily.


Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Ukraine crisis....it is looking very serious now

Post  Panda on Tue 15 Apr - 12:48

There is a meeting at the end of the week with Heads of State to discuss the crisis and it appears the pro Russians who took over the Police Station are backing off , as are some tanks. Nobody wants a Civil War in Ukraine and Putin will face tough questioning from the other Leaders.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Ukraine crisis....it is looking very serious now

Post  Panda on Wed 16 Apr - 17:09

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/ukraine/10770606/Ukraine-stand-off-protesters-block-path-of-tanks-in-Donetsk-region.html

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Ukraine crisis....it is looking very serious now

Post  Panda on Thu 17 Apr - 7:24

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/ukraine/10771708/Ukraine-and-Russia-to-begin-crisis-talks.html

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Ukraine separatists killed ahead of talks

Post  Panda on Thu 17 Apr - 7:53

http://news.sky.com/story/1244074/ukraine-separatists-killed-ahead-of-talks

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Evidence of Russian Provocateur in Ukraine

Post  Panda on Thu 17 Apr - 8:14

http://edition.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/bestoftv/2014/04/17/pkg-damon-russian-provocateur.cnn.html

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Russia and West reach surprise deal

Post  Panda on Fri 18 Apr - 8:27

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/ukraine/10774084/Russia-and-West-reach-surprise-deal-on-Ukraine-crisis.html

This is never going to work ....Putin has got what he wanted, concessions for the Russian speaking states, no chance of the Ukraine being able to join the EU ( probably a good thing the way things are going in EU Countries) no wonder the Russians are so good at chess.!!

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Ukraine Separatists

Post  Panda on Fri 18 Apr - 19:37

http://news.sky.com/story/1244998/ukraine-separatists-stay-put-despite-deal stay put despite deal

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Ukraine crisis....it is looking very serious now

Post  Sponsored content Today at 18:25


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum