Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More Twitter rumours or is it about to happen?

+14
jinvta
LJC
kathybelle
interested
tanszi
wjk
pennylane
matthew
chrissie
welshy
weissnicht
Lioned
jeanmonroe
fred
18 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

More Twitter rumours or is it about to happen? - Page 2 Empty Re: More Twitter rumours or is it about to happen?

Post  kitti Wed 30 Apr - 21:14

But the book Injunction INCLUDED Madeleine on the writs ..

Kate Marie Healey McCann,
Gerald Patrick McCann,
Madeleine Beth McCann,
Sean Michael McCann and
Amelie Eve McCann

Have filed an unspecified injunction against:

Goncalo de Sousa Amaral,
Guerra e Paz, Editores, SA
VC - Valentim de Carvalho - Filmes, Audiovisuais, SA and

THAT is wrong surely...
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :
More Twitter rumours or is it about to happen? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100More Twitter rumours or is it about to happen? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

More Twitter rumours or is it about to happen? - Page 2 Empty Re: More Twitter rumours or is it about to happen?

Post  Guest Wed 30 Apr - 21:17

Do we know for certain that it is the WOC issue that has delayed the trial? Could it be anything else, for example the hair samples that were being retested.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Wed 30 Apr - 21:22

kitti wrote:But the book Injunction INCLUDED Madeleine on the writs ..

Kate Marie Healey McCann,
Gerald Patrick McCann,
Madeleine Beth McCann,
Sean Michael McCann and
Amelie Eve McCann

Have filed an unspecified injunction against:

Goncalo de Sousa Amaral,
Guerra e Paz, Editores, SA
VC - Valentim de Carvalho - Filmes, Audiovisuais, SA and

THAT is wrong surely...
Yes, that is wrong, imo, she is not on the writ now, I am positive of that.
Although, I do remember Duarte saying, as she was going into the court, they were claiming for 5 of them or something similar. Anyone else remember that?
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :
More Twitter rumours or is it about to happen? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100More Twitter rumours or is it about to happen? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 30 Apr - 21:23

Iris wrote:Do we know for certain that it is the WOC issue that has delayed the trial?   Could it be anything else,  for example the hair samples that were being retested.

I understood the samples were destroyed by the British forensics because "the Portugese never asked for their return". Not long after the FSS was sold to an American Company.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 30 Apr - 21:26

There are hair samples currently being tested in a lab in Belgium, I have been told.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Wed 30 Apr - 21:38

kitti wrote:
Their lawyer Isabel Duarte is expected to set out the case - on behalf of Mrs McCann, her husband Gerry and their twins Sean and Amelie, now eight - at Lisbon's civil court..Madeleines name is not on it.

Isabel Duarte [at Palácio de Justiça, in Lisbon]: The expectations are that the trial is done as fast as possible... what is in question are the personality RIGHTS of Kate.. of Gerry.. OF MADELEINE.. of Sean and of.. ah.. Amelie, breached by the book that we are going to judge here. It's an action for compensation and, and, other decisions surrounding the book... And as lawyers use to say, I hope that justice is done. [smiles and laughs]

Journalist in situ: In that action for compensation exactly what does the McCann couple ask?

Isabel Duarte: They ASK for a compensation in money.

Journalist: How much?

Isabel Duarte: 250 thousand euros for EACH of THE PERSONS INVOLVED, THEY ARE FIVE.

Last edited by jeanmonroe on Wed 30 Apr - 21:41; edited 1 time in total
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  weissnicht Wed 30 Apr - 21:41

kitti wrote:
Their lawyer Isabel Duarte is expected to set out the case - on behalf of Mrs McCann, her husband Gerry and their twins Sean and Amelie, now eight - at Lisbon's civil court..Madeleines name is not on it.
It was there when they filed the for the 'libel', they removed it later. It was there, and she was ward of court at the time the court case started.
weissnicht
weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 851
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Wed 30 Apr - 21:46

weissnicht wrote:
kitti wrote:
It was there when they filed the for the 'libel', they removed it later. It was there, and she was ward of court at the time the court case started.

Madeleine's name WAS 'involved' on 12.09.2013, the first actual day of libel 'case'
-----------------------------------------------------------
Isabel Duarte outside the Palácio de Justiça, in Lisbon: (12/09/2013.)

Journalist in situ: In that action for compensation exactly what does the McCann couple ask?

Isabel Duarte: They ASK for a compensation in money.

Journalist: How much?

Isabel Duarte: 250 thousand euros for EACH of THE PERSONS INVOLVED, THEY ARE FIVE.

Last edited by jeanmonroe on Wed 30 Apr - 21:51; edited 1 time in total
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  weissnicht Wed 30 Apr - 21:49

First writ: 5 people incl Mddie suing Amaral
later Maddie was removed.

weissnicht
weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 30 Apr - 22:01

Iris wrote:There are hair samples currently being tested in a lab in Belgium, I have been told.

I remember the Portugese forensics sent samples to Spain, but thought all the samples had either been tested or discarded. In any case i don't see how this is relevant to the case, to recap on the charges the McCanns made against Amaral

1. That his Book suggesting Madeleine died in 5a hindered the search for her.

2, That his book affected the health of the parents of Madeleine and the twins.

Considering the book is not published in English how could any of them read it to get upset by it????

Would the McCanns have to provide Medical evidence proving they suffered ?

The only thing I can think of is the date that Madeleine was made a Ward of Court, eg if it was July/August 2007 officially she cannot be presumed dead until July/ August 2014.....although i don't understand how this is relevant to the case.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 30 Apr - 22:16

So Justice Hogg assumed the innocence of the McCanns , I still don't understand how this is relevant to the case against Amaral.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Wed 30 Apr - 22:21

So he hasnt settled out of court then ?
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 30 Apr - 22:42

For starters, Isobel Duarte says £250,000 Euros each for 3 children and their parents, yet only £1 million was sequestered. I have never heard of parents being able to claim for such young children, the twins were too young to know what was really going on , how could it be said they suffered. ?? I am surprised the Judge is accepting it without Medical Evidence .
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  matthew Wed 30 Apr - 23:50

Samples were returned back to Portugal
matthew
matthew
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 967
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  weissnicht Thu 1 May - 7:56

Panda wrote:So Justice Hogg assumed the innocence of the McCanns , I still don't understand how this is relevant to the case against Amaral.
I think because mccanns are not Maddies legal guardians..
they probably have no right to add her name in a writ to sue Amaral, only with court order....
and because of the WoC status, they have no right to demand money in her name, as they are not guardians.
mccann gave up their rights when they made Maddie Ward of Court.
weissnicht
weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 1 May - 8:31

weissnicht wrote:
Panda wrote:So Justice Hogg assumed the innocence of the McCanns , I still don't understand how this is relevant to the case against Amaral.
they probably have no right to add her name in a writ to sue Amaral, only with court order....
and because of the WoC status, they have no right to demand money in her name, as they are not guardians.

Morning weissnicht, yes , I realise that but since the 7th January was meant to be the closure , why wasn't the question of Madeleine's name being on the suit brought up before by the Defendent, Amaral. He knew when the EU 1 million was sequestered that it was for 4 people, as did the McCanns.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  weissnicht Thu 1 May - 9:11

Panda wrote:
weissnicht wrote:

Morning weissnicht, yes , I realise that but since the 7th January was meant to be the closure , why wasn't the question of Madeleine's  name being on the suit  brought up before by the Defendent, Amaral. He knew when the EU 1 million was sequestered that it was for 4 people, as did the McCanns.
I don't know. Maybe the publisher, who is part of the lawsuit, didn't know about it.
weissnicht
weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 1 May - 9:18

weissnicht wrote:
Panda wrote:
weissnicht wrote:

Morning weissnicht, yes , I realise that but since the 7th January was meant to be the closure , why wasn't the question of Madeleine's  name being on the suit  brought up before by the Defendent, Amaral. He knew when the EU 1 million was sequestered that it was for 4 people, as did the McCanns.
I don't know. Maybe the publisher, who is part of the lawsuit, didn't know about it.

Has there ever been anything straightforward about this case???? More Twitter rumours or is it about to happen? - Page 2 294124 
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Thu 1 May - 12:07

Panda wrote:For starters, Isobel Duarte says £250,000 Euros each for 3 children and their parents, yet only £1 million was sequestered. I have never heard of parents being able to claim for such young children, the twins were too young to know what was really going on , how could it be said they suffered. ?? I am surprised the Judge is accepting it without Medical Evidence .
Accepted what? She hasn't made any decision as yet.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Thu 1 May - 12:09

wjk wrote:
Panda wrote:For starters, Isobel Duarte says £250,000 Euros each for 3 children and their parents, yet only £1 million was sequestered. I have never heard of parents being able to claim for such young children, the twins were too young to know what was really going on , how could it be said they suffered. ?? I am surprised the Judge is accepting it without Medical Evidence .

Yes, the decision is still awaited.
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  welshy Thu 1 May - 13:22

More Twitter rumours or is it about to happen? - Page 2 306321  well Kate has just said on sky news interview that kids handle these situations better than adults. The children are great and are not traumatised or upset in any way. Talking about the twins. I hope Mr amaral is watching these interviews .x
welshy
welshy
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 395
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 1 May - 13:26

wjk wrote:

Hi wjk, so Duarte is talking out of turn. Wouldn't you think the Judge would have called for the Medical records then before the closing date of 7th January?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Thu 1 May - 13:37

welshy wrote:More Twitter rumours or is it about to happen? - Page 2 306321  well Kate has just said on sky news interview that kids handle these situations better than adults. The children are great and are not traumatised or upset in any way. Talking about the twins. I hope Mr amaral is watching these interviews .x

Thanks welshy! Sounds like she's put her foot in it!
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  matthew Thu 1 May - 13:49

chrissie wrote:
welshy wrote:More Twitter rumours or is it about to happen? - Page 2 306321  well Kate has just said on sky news interview that kids handle these situations better than adults. The children are great and are not traumatised or upset in any way. Talking about the twins. I hope Mr amaral is watching these interviews .x

500K down already...now to whoosh all those happy photos
matthew
matthew
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 967
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Thu 1 May - 13:49

chrissie wrote:

Ah yes, the McFoot in the McMouth again.  I believe Dr Amaral has massive grounds to sue the ganga pants off the lying pair, and I really hope he does!
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next