Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sky News Report

+29
tanszi
LJC
jeanmonroe
wjk
almostgothic
pennylane
MaryB
Karen
jassi
cass
kitti
T4two
weissnicht
mossman
Lioned
malena stool
chrissie
fred
Roasted Arizona
jinvta
kathybelle
Ireland
wantthetruth
Angelina
Oldartform
welshy
AnnaEsse
comperedna
interested
33 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Sky News Report - Page 2 Empty Re: Sky News Report

Post  Panda Tue 6 May - 16:53

welshy wrote:Sky News Report - Page 2 306321 I was listening to brunty on the news and he thinks one of the areas will be a piece of wasteland on the way to the beach following the route of the smith sighting.  This I think is the same area Mr amaral wanted searched.  Also listened to ex met chief super and he said more would become apparent over the next few days. That any evidence found would be given to the PJ. He said there will some unhappy holiday makers that will not like the disturbance .  sounded like things will happen sooner rather than later.

Hi Welshy, I think that Met Officer is jumping the gun.The population of Portugal have had a hard time financially and are now one of the Poorest in the EU and their Tourist trade affected. Does he think the PortugeseMinistry will say , "don't worry about Tourism in PDL. the McCanns come first."

It would be a tragedy if one of these areas produce Madeleine's body and this expenditure by both Countries could have stopped years ago.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Sky News Report - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Sky News Report - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 6 May - 17:05

comperedna wrote:It sounds hopeful sure enough, but there is quite a lot of skepticism about... along the lines of that the Yard have to justify their continuation with the case (and they have jolly well come to a full stop with all the idiotic 101 'suspects). This digging evidently was given permission for by the Attorney Generals office... it says elsewhere. What is going on? I hope it is NOT 'not a lot'.

Hi comparedna,

We don't know when this tip off was given to the Portugese Police had it not been ignored the case could have been solved by now. along with a lot of money expended by both Countries.I think what is significant is the wasteland near the Apartment and another further down, both very close to 5a.

Gerry was the last person to see Madeleine alive , he could have found Madeleine dead at 9pm, hid her body in the tennis bag in a wardrobe.The Police weren't called untill 10.50pm or thereabouts, plenty of time for Gerry to take the body out of 5a and wait until others were searching and sneak off with the bag to hide it.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :
Sky News Report - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Sky News Report - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Tue 6 May - 17:10

i think it needs to be considered that there would have been no further searches due to political interference.  justice takes the time it takes, and if it takes years as it has in some cases then so be it.  Many have been resolved by advances in technology others by a fluke, or determined policemen.  Panda I had my doubt as soon as I knew the children were alone and also for me it was always the dogs.  why have the McCs kept on I don't even think its a double bluff.  they know that people don't believe them, they want to control everything to do with this case and what gets into the UK public domain.  let face it had it not been for the Portuguese posters we would not know as much as we do.  the release of the PJ files did a lot of damage to the McCs imo and they just want their reputation back.  how on earth they think that can happen after allegedly leaving 3 children under 4 alone in a dark, foreign apartment beggars belief. jimo

Panda it may not have been a tip off. as I understand from other posters these areas are the ones Dr Goncalo Amaral wanted searched but it didn't happen because he was removed from the case. perhaps someone is really looking at it and is saying ok lets look at these. who knows? we don't and no one is saying.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  wantthetruth Tue 6 May - 17:18

Nobody has mentioned a 'tip off' anywhere as far as I can see.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-27300312

Interesting from the BBC.............
wantthetruth
wantthetruth
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 934
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Tue 6 May - 17:21

wantthetruth wrote:Nobody has mentioned a 'tip off' anywhere as far as I can see.

Mr Rowley sais he has discussed the case with his opposite number in Portugal and highlighted the "high levels of interest" that activity would generate in the British media.

But he said Portuguese police do not provide the media with updates on current investigations.

He adds that "activity will cease" if police in Britain provide information or reporters "cause any disruption to their work in Portugal".

Oh well, that's that...given the track record of our press!!    Goodness knows how many reporters/cameras they will send.
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2933
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Tue 6 May - 17:23

excellent it has been said that Mark Rowley has asked editors not to speculate as the Portuguese have said they will stop investigation if the UK police report any information or reporters cause disruption.  They have been told!

ETA :You beat me to it. yes lets wait and see what our wonderful police and media do. lets hope there aren't too many sources about.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Tue 6 May - 17:25

Panda wrote:
jassi wrote:There is such a thing as a double bluff.

Dangerous game jassi, especially as they had so much going for them, Gerry would have been on a good Salary, Kate could have earned more by working longer hours once the children were in School. They had 3 children they wanted so much that Kate had invitro to conceive , yet proved their negligence by not checking on them often enough , strange eh???

They've shown their complete lack of care and their irresponsible neglectful behaviour by actually leaving them alone. Even after addmitting on TV that Madeleine had cried for them, they went out and did it again....

malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  wantthetruth Tue 6 May - 17:26

Angelina wrote:
wantthetruth wrote:Nobody has mentioned a 'tip off' anywhere as far as I can see.

Mr Rowley sais he has discussed the case with his opposite number in Portugal and highlighted the "high levels of interest" that activity would generate in the British media.

But he said Portuguese police do not provide the media with updates on current investigations.

He adds that "activity will cease" if police in Britain provide information or reporters "cause any disruption to their work in Portugal".

Oh well, that's that...given the track record of our press!!    Goodness knows how many reporters/cameras they will send.

They are also more than aware of how much a certain person will be trying his best to spin, spin, spin this story. All this confirms my belief that they must be pretty sure of what they're doing. They know the furor it will cause.

And the timing. This has been in the pipeline for months, I'm sure.
wantthetruth
wantthetruth
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 934
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Tue 6 May - 18:15

Let's hope once and for all that this latest 'development' will lead to something being discovered as to what has happened to Madeleine. All this spin about burglars and imminent arrests was really annoying me and it's being going on for months. I wonder if they are looking for clothing or other clues that's what I think could be likely. Strange that they have said no reporting from police and media. But Sky have still got their man out there in spite of this.

I wonder if anything came of some of the Crimewatch stuff. Like the two men seen arguing. I thought that was quite significant if anyone remembers this. I wonder if they have come forward or been identified. Or even Smithman himself.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 6 May - 18:18

I think using the word 'evidence' is for the twins sake.

Not very nice seeing the word 'body' And it referring to your sister.

That and there scared to get sued

I still think it's the PJ that have instigated this search and SY have hijacked it.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 6 May - 18:22

malena stool wrote:
Panda wrote:
jassi wrote:There is such a thing as a double bluff.

Dangerous game jassi, especially as they had so much going for them, Gerry would have been on a good Salary, Kate could have earned more by working longer hours once the children were in School. They had 3 children they wanted so much that Kate had invitro to conceive , yet proved their negligence by not checking on them often enough , strange eh???

They've shown their complete lack of care and their irresponsible neglectful behaviour by actually leaving them alone. Even after addmitting on TV that Madeleine had cried for them, they went out and did it again....

Yeah malena, that really makes you wonder....although wasn't it said that the Holiday for the McCanns was meant to be to patch up their marriage?

What kills me is the way Kate joins all these charities about children yet couldn't look after her own. Sky News Report - Page 2 25346 
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 6 May - 19:07

Just announced by Brunt that only one area has been given the O.K. to be investigated is one by the Ocean Club, how far away is that from 5a?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  welshy Tue 6 May - 19:33

Sky News Report - Page 2 306321 panda, if you look on daily mail website they are showing the waste area that they will search. Sorry can't do links on this little pad. X
welshy
welshy
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 395
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 6 May - 19:37

welshy wrote:Sky News Report - Page 2 306321 panda,  if you look on daily mail website they are showing the waste area that they will search. Sorry can't do links on this little pad. X

Sky News Report - Page 2 Article-2621343-1D9EA91500000578-350_964x390
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  welshy Tue 6 May - 19:43

Sky News Report - Page 2 306321  thanks Anna x
welshy
welshy
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 6 May - 19:46

Thanks AnnaEsse, so where is the Ocean Club welshy?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Tue 6 May - 19:59

So do you think that smelly bin man took a dead body out of 5a and carefully dug a grave across the road where no one will find it for 7 years !
I dont think he would have had time to catch up with the bin lorry unless they work very slowly over there.

Our bin men are so quick its like watching lines disappear into the distance.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  welshy Tue 6 May - 20:11

Sky News Report - Page 2 306321 
Panda wrote:Thanks AnnaEsse, so where is the Ocean Club welshy?

Sky News Report - Page 2 306321 sorry panda I'm confused?x
welshy
welshy
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Tue 6 May - 20:18

Would an Abductor take a dead body out of a flat and go 50 yards up the road to bury it ?

I dont think so.

If all this is true then SY are no longer looking for an 'Abductor' !
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Tue 6 May - 20:23

Lioned wrote:Would an Abductor take a dead body out of a flat and go 50 yards up the road to bury it ?

I dont think so.

Exactly.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Tue 6 May - 20:28

This is the confusing thing about this particular Mark Warner resort, it isn't actually 'resort' as such. It is a series of Ocean Club pools/restaurants........ apartments etc situated in a real village. local people/tourists stay live/holiday in the village. The places owned by OC are in gated áreas, ie the Tapas área, which has a pool, tennis courts etc. is in PDL and you go through a small reception área and show your OC member card to be able to enter these places. Some of the apartments are owned (like apt 5a is) by people who rent them to the OC. So in fact there is no "Ocean Club" are as such.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 6 May - 20:29

wjk wrote:
Lioned wrote:Would an Abductor take a dead body out of a flat and go 50 yards up the road to bury it ?

I dont think so.

Exactly.

Which makes me think it was OPORTO who found this, not SY and the only reason SY are involved is because Britain have the equipment . Sky News Report - Page 2 294124 
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 6 May - 20:29

Has anyone heard anything from Dr Amaral regarding this latest development?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Tue 6 May - 20:32

And if 'Andy' is using the dogs then it would be hard for him to ignore previous 'dog' reports wouldnt it !
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 6 May - 20:34

fred wrote:

This is the confusing thing about this particular Mark Warner resort, it isn't actually 'resort' as such.  It is a series of Ocean Club pools/restaurants........ apartments etc situated in a real village.  local people/tourists stay  live/holiday in the village.  The places owned by OC are in gated áreas, ie the Tapas área, which has a pool, tennis courts etc. is in PDL and you go through a small reception área and show your OC member card to be able to enter these places.  Some of the apartments are owned (like apt 5a is) by people who rent them to the OC.  So in fact there is no "Ocean Club" are as such.

Thanks fred.......originally there were 3 sites according to Brunt , then this was changed to one , since Brunt is in Pria de Louche I think his version is probably true ,all we can do is wait and see, .
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next