Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The World Cup..(England wont Win)

+6
malena stool
AnnaEsse
kitti
wantthetruth
tigger
Claudia79
10 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The World Cup..(England wont Win) Empty The World Cup..(England wont Win)

Post  Lioned Tue 13 May - 15:15

Roy has named his squad to win the World Cup and here it is...............

The squad

Goalkeepers: Joe Hart (Manchester City), Ben Foster (West Bromwich Albion), Fraser Forster (Celtic).

Defenders: Leighton Baines (Everton), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Phil Jagielka (England), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Phil Jones (Manchester United), Luke Shaw (Southampton), Chris Smalling (Manchester United).

Midfielders: Ross Barkley (Everton), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Adam Lallana (Southampton), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), James Milner (Manchester City), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), Raheem Sterling (Liverpool), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal).

Attackers: Rickie Lambert (Southampton), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool), Daniel Welbeck (Manchester United).

Standby: John Ruddy (Norwich City), Jon Flanagan (Liverpool), John Stones (Everton), Michael Carrick (Manchester United), Tom Cleverley (Manchester United), Andy Carroll (West Ham United), Jermain Defoe (Toronto FC).

Read more at http://www.thefa.com/news/england/2014/may/england-world-cup-squad-2014-confirmed#hYzd36mduFp0Y7af.99

Roy believes England can win the World Cup and i have to agree with him.

I am a bit worried about the defence and Rooneys nocturnal activities but with a fair wind and a copious amount of luck and some practice taking penalties we should win it !

It seems that the Government dont agree,however,as they asked the Home office for some advice regarding the late opening of pubs !

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/10827547/World-Cup-2014-England-will-lose-official-Government-report-predicts.html

I am going to stick my neck out and say England will win the World Cup.

The early signs are good as the last time Austria won the eurovision song contest was in 1966.

The World Cup..(England wont Win) 944533

Last edited by Lioned on Thu 19 Jun - 22:08; edited 1 time in total
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :
The World Cup..(England wont Win) Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The World Cup..(England wont Win) Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

The World Cup..(England wont Win) Empty Re: The World Cup..(England wont Win)

Post  Lioned Tue 13 May - 15:23

The games kick off on the 12th June with the Hosts Brazil taking on Croatia.

Englands first game will be on the Saturday 14th kicking off at 23.00 against the dodgy Italians.

So it will be up the pub late that night.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/fixtures

I will be having an official hoisting of the flag up outside my house probably on the Wednesday and a garden party on the Saturday afternoon.

The World Cup..(England wont Win) 873702 
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :
The World Cup..(England wont Win) Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The World Cup..(England wont Win) Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

The World Cup..(England wont Win) Empty Cristiano Ronaldo to be ruled out !

Post  Lioned Tue 13 May - 15:59

In the 'Group of Death'  Germany,Portugal,Ghana and USA will fight it out,but will it be a fair fight as Ghana have a secret weapon............

http://www.nairaland.com/1596680/ghanaian-witch-doctor-vows-rule

I would imagine in due course (Once England have been knocked out and we have to find something else to talk about) we will have a competition for the best looking player and the ugliest player and being Brazil we will have to have some Samba dancers.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 14 May - 15:08

i shall be watching the first couple weeks while slumming it in egypt.  The World Cup..(England wont Win) 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Wed 14 May - 16:37

Marky wrote:i shall be watching the first couple weeks while slumming it in egypt.  The World Cup..(England wont Win) 25346

Best watch out for them Camels you might catch something !  The World Cup..(England wont Win) 944533 
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Wed 14 May - 16:39

I am going to stick my neck out and say England will win the World Cup.

The early signs are good as the last time Austria won the eurovision song contest was in 1966.

The World Cup..(England wont Win) 944533 

[/quote]
Unquote

Do we have any bearded ladies named in the side Lioned?  The World Cup..(England wont Win) 25346 
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  wantthetruth Wed 14 May - 16:44

I'm not optimistic about our first match, but otherwise, I think we may do OK this time......... The World Cup..(England wont Win) 25346 
wantthetruth
wantthetruth
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 934
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Wed 14 May - 16:50

I dont think there are any bearded ladies ms,may need to check Rooneys hotel room nearer the time !  The World Cup..(England wont Win) 25346 
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Wed 14 May - 16:58

I had Rooney in mind when I posted the comment........ The World Cup..(England wont Win) 294124 
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Wed 14 May - 16:58

wantthetruth wrote:I'm not optimistic about our first match, but otherwise, I think we may do OK this time......... The World Cup..(England wont Win) 25346 

We have to be optimistic at least until the kick off !

I know others may think i am mad but it is all about having a decent squad of players,which we have,and a good management team to keep the players fit and playing with confidence and belief,that remains to be seen as i havn't really been over impressed with Roy over the last few friendlies.

There are better squads of players in the likes of Germany,Spain,Argentina and just maybe Brazil who will start the favourites.

It is about getting off to a good start and hoping Roy gets the right blend of youth and experience playing.

I'm going to have a tenner on England at 33-1 just for a bit of fun.

Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wantthetruth Wed 14 May - 17:07

Lioned wrote:
wantthetruth wrote:I'm not optimistic about our first match, but otherwise, I think we may do OK this time......... The World Cup..(England wont Win) 25346 

We have to be optimistic at least until the kick off !

I know others may think i am mad but it is all about having a decent squad of players,which we have,and a good management team to keep the players fit and playing with confidence and belief,that remains to be seen as i havn't really been over impressed with Roy over the last few friendlies.

There are better squads of players in the likes of Germany,Spain,Argentina and just maybe Brazil who will start the favourites.

It is about getting off to a good start and hoping Roy gets the right blend of youth and experience playing.

I'm going to have a tenner on England at 33-1 just for a bit of fun.

I want to be optimistic, and I am albeit quietly so!

I'm surrounded by the flags of Switzerland, Italy, Germany and France, although I WILL be hanging out my trusty England flag!
wantthetruth
wantthetruth
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 934
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Wed 14 May - 19:17

It is not often we get the chance to fly the flag and be 'hopeful'.

And its a good excuse to have a party.  The World Cup..(England wont Win) 944533 

Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Wed 14 May - 19:18

Well, after the shite of our domestic season, I'm looking forward to an exciting world cup! COME ON ENGLAND!! The World Cup..(England wont Win) 849426 
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Wed 14 May - 19:48

Believe ........

We will win.

Do not tread on any cracks in the pavement for the next few weeks.Wear your favourite knickers and turn around three times every time you put the deadlock on.

The World Cup..(England wont Win) 25346 
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 14 May - 20:21

Lioned wrote:
Marky wrote:i shall be watching the first couple weeks while slumming it in egypt.  The World Cup..(England wont Win) 25346

Best watch out for them Camels you might catch something  !      The World Cup..(England wont Win) 944533 

The World Cup..(England wont Win) 294124 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Wed 14 May - 20:39

Lioned wrote:

Best watch out for them Camels you might catch something !  The World Cup..(England wont Win) 944533 

He's meeting up with antonneli ...lol..she's fond off camels...
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Thu 15 May - 14:03

Camels give ne the hump.......
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Thu 15 May - 16:02

Would Antonelli be riding naked through the streets of Cairo ? That would give us all the ump !
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Thu 15 May - 16:28

Lioned wrote:Would Antonelli be riding naked through the streets of Cairo ? That would give us all the ump !
For his money, I think I would!  The World Cup..(England wont Win) 25346 
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Thu 22 May - 18:31

Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Thu 22 May - 21:43

World Cup News...

Last thing a manager wants is his best player injured just before the big tournament so news that Louis Suarez is injured and needs an operation has not gone down well in Uruguay....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/10850229/Luis-Suarez-injury-prompts-Uruguay-fans-to-issue-death-threats-to-Newcastles-Paul-Dummett.html

Its not a game its a matter of life and death.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Thu 29 May - 14:40

You would think there would be at least a little National pride leading up to this event,but as usual the English are very good at putting ourselves down with the cheap papers reporting ridiculous stories of naked players and poisoned food.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/world-cup-nation/10856683/World-Cup-2014-Get-the-lowdown-on-all-32-teams-with-the-best-of-our-World-Cup-Nation.html
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

The World Cup..(England wont Win) Empty Prof Steven Hawkin calculates England can win...

Post  Lioned Thu 29 May - 16:44

Though his calculations regarding 'how best to score a penalty' are probably wrong.........

http://mashable.com/2014/05/28/stephen-hawking-world-cup/

With regards to the penalty situation it has been proven statistically that the best way to score a penalty is to whack it hard as you can straight down the middle as the keeper invariably commits himself to going left or right.However,as most clubs and their goalkeeping coaches keep records on every other teams penalty taking preferences you will only get away with this once without introducing some variations.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Sat 31 May - 21:03

Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Tue 10 Jun - 20:31

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/27679577

Seems Argentina are the pundits favourites followed by Brazil and maybe Spain.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next