Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The World Cup..(England wont Win)

+6
malena stool
AnnaEsse
kitti
wantthetruth
tigger
Claudia79
10 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The World Cup..(England wont Win) - Page 3 Empty Re: The World Cup..(England wont Win)

Post  wjk Mon 16 Jun - 22:25

I really wish the Iran-Nigeria had been the late match.
I'd like to watch tonights late match but its past my bedtime :-(
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :
The World Cup..(England wont Win) - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The World Cup..(England wont Win) - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

The World Cup..(England wont Win) - Page 3 Empty Re: The World Cup..(England wont Win)

Post  Claudia79 Mon 16 Jun - 22:31

Lioned wrote:As i am half German i should be pleased but there is just something i dont like about their monotonous efficiency.  

Its almost greedy !      The World Cup..(England wont Win) - Page 3 25346 

It's cruel. And I hope they don't win it although I was born there and I like the Germans. Today Portugal was particularly unlucky and the referee didn't help...
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :
The World Cup..(England wont Win) - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The World Cup..(England wont Win) - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Tue 17 Jun - 19:26

Big game tonight..

Brazil v Mexico.

This should be a good game and i fancy Mexico to make things difficult for Brazil.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 17 Jun - 21:21

Lioned wrote:Big game tonight..

Brazil v Mexico.  

This should be a good game and i fancy Mexico to make things difficult for Brazil.

No it bloody isn't, it was BELGIUM versus Algeria!

Vertonghen gave us all a bloody fright there, that was NOT in the script, and I thought for a mo that Kompany was going to rip his head off! Either that or make him eat all the shaving foam.
Very happy that Fellaini pulled it all back together again. I think I'm in love.

The World Cup..(England wont Win) - Page 3 800px-Marouane_Fellaini_vs_USA

Roll on Sunday when we will hopefully put up a better performance against Russia. Having said that, Algeria deserve some credit, they are the best of all the African teams.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Tue 17 Jun - 21:25

Sorry i thought there was a war in Belgium and maybe they couldn't come.  The World Cup..(England wont Win) - Page 3 25346 

We also have Russia v North Korea for the night owls.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Tue 17 Jun - 21:30

I think Fellaini is great.He would win the best hair competition.

I noticed that all the Brazil players looked very smart hair wise.

Have to say it is great to see players singing their National Anthems with a passion.

I doubt Rooney knows the words to God Save the Queen !

I would rather watch the WI sing Jerusalem.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 17 Jun - 21:31

Lioned wrote:Sorry i thought there was a war in Belgium and maybe they couldn't come.    The World Cup..(England wont Win) - Page 3 25346   

We also have Russia v North Korea for the night owls.

Might be worth staying up just to clock the competition  The World Cup..(England wont Win) - Page 3 52433 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 17 Jun - 21:36

Lioned wrote:I think Fellaini is great.He would win the best hair competition.

I noticed that all the Brazil players looked very smart hair wise.

Have to say it is great to see players singing their National Anthems with a passion.

I doubt Rooney knows the words to God Save the Queen !

I would rather watch the WI sing Jerusalem.

I would love to run my hands through Fellaini's head hair. It reminds me of DC Danny Glaze in The Bill.
Belgians are very proud of the national anthem, we always put our right hands on our heart when we sing it. The words are very inspiring,
O dear Belgium, O holy land of our fathers -
Our soul and our hearts are devoted to you!
With blood to spill for you, O fatherland!
We swear with one cry - You shall live!
It was written by some young actors while sitting in a café at the time of the Belgian Independence Revolution (1830).
I think it's the only national anthem that has three official versions, all slightly different - in Flemish, French and German.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 17 Jun - 21:38

Heads up. Mexico just wasted a perfectly good direct free kick and then 10 seconds later Brazil missed a sitter at the other end! Still 0-0  The World Cup..(England wont Win) - Page 3 49091 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Tue 17 Jun - 21:49

1 min to go! 0-0
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Tue 17 Jun - 22:02

I like the look of Mexico.Shame England cant show that spirit.

Great performance from the goalkeeper.

Brazil will get better but they need to sort out their names !

They got Fred and Jo and Victor and Bernard and Hulk and Oscar and William !

Hmm,  Victor and Oscar.   The World Cup..(England wont Win) - Page 3 303636
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 17 Jun - 22:04

Brazil look gutted  The World Cup..(England wont Win) - Page 3 389741 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Tue 17 Jun - 22:32

I'm going to try stop up for the Russia game v South Korea.Good chance for the dignitaries in the crowd to compare notes on their nuclear capabilities ?
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Tue 17 Jun - 23:13

That was a great game between Brazil and Mexico.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Wed 18 Jun - 21:59

Another shock result!
Spain 0-2 Chile
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Wed 18 Jun - 22:00

Oh dear the favourites go out already...

Spain 0-2 Chile

Very good performance from Chile

Earlier it was Holland 3-2 Australia. Real shame the Aussies get no reward for playing so well in both their games so far,and the brilliant Tim Cahill still showing his quality.

Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Wed 18 Jun - 23:13

With the build up to the big game tomorrow night just how important is an England win to the economy ?

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/world-cup-2014/384410/England-in-clash-with-Uruguay-for-World-Cup-couldf-boost-economy-by-400m

Not sure how they work that out as i shall still be buying lots of beer after England's woeful performance if Rooney plays tomorrow night.

One advantage of having duel Nationality is one of your teams is bound to do well if you are half German.

Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 19 Jun - 9:20

Lioned wrote:Oh dear the favourites go out already...

Spain 0-2 Chile

Earlier it was Holland 3-2 Australia.  Real shame the Aussies get no reward for playing so well in both their games so far,and the brilliant Tim Cahill still showing his quality.

The Spain manager was so embarrassed that he tried to get on the Chile bus at the end, it was on Breakfast news this morning  The World Cup..(England wont Win) - Page 3 23324 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Thu 19 Jun - 12:55

The World Cup..(England wont Win) - Page 3 23324 The World Cup..(England wont Win) - Page 3 613255 
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Thu 19 Jun - 14:01

Iris wrote:
Lioned wrote:Oh dear the favourites go out already...

Spain 0-2 Chile

Earlier it was Holland 3-2 Australia.  Real shame the Aussies get no reward for playing so well in both their games so far,and the brilliant Tim Cahill still showing his quality.

The Spain manager was so embarrassed that he tried to get on the Chile bus at the end, it was on Breakfast news this morning  The World Cup..(England wont Win) - Page 3 23324 
He's perhaps afraid the new Spanish King will have him shot.... The World Cup..(England wont Win) - Page 3 25346 
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Thu 19 Jun - 14:02

I do hope Roy gets the team right tonight.Suarez is bound to score so England will probably need o get three to win.

I will not predict a score incase i jinx it !      The World Cup..(England wont Win) - Page 3 944533
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Thu 19 Jun - 14:48

Lioned wrote:I do hope Roy gets the team right tonight.Suarez is bound to score so England will probably need o get three to win.

I will not predict a score incase i jinx it !      The World Cup..(England wont Win) - Page 3 944533
Amen to that, Lioned.  The World Cup..(England wont Win) - Page 3 944533 
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Thu 19 Jun - 14:58

Gerrard warns of exit agony
19th June 2014, 07:38am

Uruguay v England To Score in 90mins: Steven Gerrard 4/1

Steven Gerrard: Ready for vital clash with Uruguay

http://sportinglife.aol.co.uk/football/news/article/22882/9354116/steven-gerrard-speaks-ahead-of-england-s-clash-with-uruguay?icid=maing-grid7%7Cuk-ws-bb%7Cdl4%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D272885

Steven Gerrard has warned his England team-mates they are likely to be in for a long and miserable summer if they do not beat Uruguay on Thursday.

Gerrard, along with vice-captain Frank Lampard and manager Roy Hodgson, addressed the squad at their hotel 24 hours after the 2-1 defeat to Italy and the message from the skipper was clear.

The midfielder told the 22 attentive faces in the audience that they, for the most part, played well in Manaus, but he also reminded them that they are now on the brink of World Cup elimination.

If England lose against Uruguay, only a highly unlikely set of circumstances will allow them to progress, while a draw would leave the Three Lions needing a favour from Italy in the final group game.

"It was important for them to realise what is at stake and how important this game is," the England captain said.

"We have got a must-win scenario.

"It wasn't a message to scare any of the lads but a wake-up call to everyone in the room - the staff and the players."

Gerrard was the perfect man to deliver that message.

After all, he knows better than anyone in the squad what it is like to go home from a major tournament early.

The list of premature exits in Gerrard's international career is as long as it is disappointing. In Euro 2000, he was part of Kevin Keegan's squad that failed to make it out of their group. He then experienced heartbreaking back-to-back penalty shoot-out defeats in 2004 and 2006.

And his last two tournaments have ended in disappointing second-round exits.

"It could be a terrible long, frustrating summer if we don't get it right on Thursday," the Liverpool midfielder said.

"There is no hiding place for a player when you go out of a tournament.

"It can be tough as a player and it can take an awful long time to get over it.

"I have been there. I know what that feeling is about and that is the feeling that I don't want come Friday morning.

"We need everyone focused and right on it on Thursday, otherwise it will be a terrible, long summer."

Gerrard may have been hypothesising a doomsday scenario in his speech, but there is no suggestion he does not believe his team-mates can get the job done in Sao Paulo.

Gerrard sat back in his deep midfield role and marvelled at what he saw at times on Saturday. The skipper was enthused by the performances of Daniel Sturridge, Raheem Sterling and Danny Welbeck.

And he expects the same attacking mentality from them again in Sao Paulo on Thursday.

"I know what is going to happen going forward," Gerrard said.

"That is a gimme with the attacking talent we have got in this group.

"We have belief and confidence from our attacking play against Italy, and I believe will cause our next two opponents endless problems."

But there are reservations about England's defence.

Antonio Candreva gave Leighton Baines the run-around in the jungle, Glen Johnson has looked suspect at times while Gary Cahill and Phil Jagielka will have to up their game to shackle Uruguay's forwards too.

Gerrard added: "For me the key in this game is how we defend because Uruguay's strengths are in their front players: (Edinson) Cavani, (Luis) Suarez, (Diego) Forlan, and (Gaston) Ramirez.

"They are the key players who can hurt this England team.

"It is no good us being really good going forward on the break if we can't defend properly."

Having played alongside Suarez for the last three years, Gerrard knows how much damage the forward can do.

Suarez has been texting Gerrard in the run-up to the game - nothing but "banter", the Liverpool skipper insists.

But there will be no bonhomie between the pair on Thursday evening.

"If I walk past him in the tunnel I will say hello and shake his hand but at that moment I am not really looking for friends or team-mates," Gerrard said.

"He knows that once that whistle blows there is no friendship at all between me and Luis Suarez for 90 minutes."
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Thu 19 Jun - 17:05

Todays big game is Columbia v Ivory Coast.

Just kicked off should be an exciting game between two teams who have started well

Think theres another game on later.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wantthetruth Thu 19 Jun - 17:33

Lioned wrote:Todays big game is Columbia v Ivory Coast.

Just kicked off should be an exciting game between two teams who have started well

Think theres another game on later.

I'm not sure if I dare watch, but we're going to the pub so at least I can drown my sorrows if it all goes horribly wrong.

I felt so sorry for Spain last night!
wantthetruth
wantthetruth
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 934
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next