Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Outrage over 'vile' dinner party card game that mocks Madeleine and Hillsborough

+15
almostgothic
Panda
kitti
chrissie
wjk
kathybelle
mara thon
AnnaEsse
jinvta
tanszi
fred
wantthetruth
margaret
Justiceforallkids
Annabel
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Outrage over 'vile' dinner party card game that mocks Madeleine and Hillsborough  - Page 2 Empty Re: Outrage over 'vile' dinner party card game that mocks Madeleine and Hillsborough

Post  chrissie Mon 19 May - 16:34

I wouldn't want to read any of the cards.
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :
Outrage over 'vile' dinner party card game that mocks Madeleine and Hillsborough  - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Outrage over 'vile' dinner party card game that mocks Madeleine and Hillsborough  - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Outrage over 'vile' dinner party card game that mocks Madeleine and Hillsborough  - Page 2 Empty Re: Outrage over 'vile' dinner party card game that mocks Madeleine and Hillsborough

Post  kitti Mon 19 May - 16:54

There are three people that I find deplorable .

Kate McCann
Gerry McCann
Michael Wright.

Clarence Mitchell doesn't know Madeleine, has never met her so i leave him out off the equation , he gets paid to lie and cover up for the Mccanns, it's his job.

Kate Mccann gave birth to Madeleine, she has sullied Madeleines memory at every money making opportunity and prevented Madeleine from having a decent burial where her brother and sister can mourn her and learn to accept she isn't coming back....instead the twins live in eternal purgatory never knowing if she's coming back or not ...that's a living hell for them...I can't forgive Kate McCann for that.

Gerry McCann is a control freak who loved Madeleine when it suited him.

Michael wright knows what happened and is little lap dog....trying to control the internet, he's a sneak , mind control that hasn't worked, he isn't even good at that because we are still here

Shame on them all.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :
Outrage over 'vile' dinner party card game that mocks Madeleine and Hillsborough  - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Outrage over 'vile' dinner party card game that mocks Madeleine and Hillsborough  - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 19 May - 17:17

From what I can gather, the card doesn't say ANYTHING about Madeleine McCann. It literally just says the words "Madeleine McCann".

The bad taste part comes from putting the question together with the most inappropriate answer. Loads of other household names get targeted too.

Outrage over 'vile' dinner party card game that mocks Madeleine and Hillsborough  - Page 2 Tumblr_mto2ewK0JK1rkhb00o1_1280.jpg?

The game is not tasteless in itself, it's how people put the answers together that make it tasteless and unfortunately the McCanns and Clarence cannot stop people thinking, or making bad jokes. Although the fact that they have now advertised these cards all over the papers, and probably increased their sales no end, is a pretty bad joke in itself. Let's face it, I knew nothing about them until this morning and now I have Googled it and found out about it. How many others have done that and then decided to buy it?

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 19 May - 17:28

Iris wrote:From what I can gather, the card doesn't say ANYTHING about Madeleine McCann.  It literally just says the words "Madeleine McCann".  

The bad taste part comes from putting the question together with the most inappropriate answer.  Loads of other household names get targeted too.  

Outrage over 'vile' dinner party card game that mocks Madeleine and Hillsborough  - Page 2 Tumblr_mto2ewK0JK1rkhb00o1_1280.jpg?

The game is not tasteless in itself, it's how people put the answers together that make it tasteless and unfortunately the McCanns and Clarence cannot stop people thinking, or making bad jokes.  Although the fact that they have now advertised these cards all over the papers, and probably increased their sales no end, is a pretty bad joke in itself.  Let's face it, I knew nothing about them until this morning and now I have Googled it and found out about it.  How many others have done that and then decided to buy it?

Thanks Iris, so Clarence yet again has kept Madeleine in the news., He does earn his money..can you imagine him as an MP????
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 19 May - 17:29

The Cards Against Humanity people are probably pretty chuffed with his efforts today, as well.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Mon 19 May - 18:11

Iris is spot on with the description of the game.
It appears to be the latest in a tradition of phrasal template-type games such as Consequences and Mad Libs. (And boy, did I ever have some wicked fun with those).

What really interests me is how, when there is an absence of (real or fake) news, these peripheral stories emerge.
Like the person who just happened to freeze-frame a camera shot at a football match and made an absurd assumption about it.
Like yesterday's run, which screams out 'look at us, doing our bit for charidee!' And of course being photographed (and linked by association with) Mr Lawrence, who is currently in the news and who evokes our sympathy.
And now this convenient and timely faux outrage over a game.

Well Clarence, I'm not about to get my voluminous knickers in a knot over that one.
Crass it may be, but games don't hurt people. People hurt people.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 19 May - 19:26

Read the comments under the article. Nobody's biting.  Outrage over 'vile' dinner party card game that mocks Madeleine and Hillsborough  - Page 2 294124 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Mon 19 May - 20:26

That's refreshing.

In the areas of culture, media and entertainment of all kinds I tend to err on the side of libertarianism.
In the end the general public will decide on the success or otherwise of this game and whether they wish to play it in the privacy of their own homes. And that's how it should be.

I remember the Mary Whitehouse days where we were told what was bad for us and what should be banned.
One got the impression that she and others of that ilk were actively seeking out stuff to be offended by.

McCann media monitoring is no different  - apart from the lack of winged glasses and clenched hair.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Mon 19 May - 22:01

kathybelle wrote:As far as I am concerned, the McCanns are viler than the vile people who play this crass card game. Not only are the McCanns responsible, for whatever happened to Madeleine, they sullied the memory of Madeleine, when they used her as a cash cow, to raise money for themselves their family, their dodgy detectives and Clarence Mitchell.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the McCanns are not good enough, to share accommodation, with sewer rats. I despise the McCanns and anyone who sees fit to support them in any way they can.   Outrage over 'vile' dinner party card game that mocks Madeleine and Hillsborough  - Page 2 157799 

Its very interesting some of the people who have supported them, spoken out in their favour, helped them, donated money, associated with them etc.

Simon Cowell, Ray Wyre, Nick Ross, Esther Rantzen, Blair Brown etc., some common links

(Kathy when you have a mo could you contact me or Frances, many thanks)    Outrage over 'vile' dinner party card game that mocks Madeleine and Hillsborough  - Page 2 25346
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Mon 19 May - 22:44

This is not a new game.It has been out for some years.It may be there is a new UK version as it originates in the US.

'After six months of development, Cards Against Humanity officially released in May 2011. A month later, it was announced that Cards Against Humanity was the number-one game on Amazon.com. Since its release, CAH has gradually become more popular and has resulted in a rise of sales throughout the years. It is speculated that Cards Against Humanity has amassed $12 million in profit and that the PDF file has been downloaded 1.5 million times'.

The mccanns will want royalties.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 20 May - 0:17

Right. I have borrowed this game from my neighbours teenager. It is, as expected, a piece of white card with "Madeleine McCann" written on it. There are also catds for Ghandi, Stalin and David Beckham. Load of faux outrage about nothing
And it's only because of the mccanns that poor wee Maddie is infamous enough to be on a card anyway.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  dutchclogs Tue 20 May - 5:34

Lioned wrote:This is not a new game.It has been out for some years.It may be there is a new UK  version as it originates in the US.

'After six months of development, Cards Against Humanity officially released in May 2011. A month later, it was announced that Cards Against Humanity was the number-one game on Amazon.com. Since its release, CAH has gradually become more popular and has resulted in a rise of sales throughout the years. It is speculated that Cards Against Humanity has amassed $12 million in profit and that the PDF file has been downloaded 1.5 million times'.

The mccanns will want royalties.

I was just thinking what is upseting McCann's really .you have nailed on the head Lioned OF COURSE IT"S THE  Outrage over 'vile' dinner party card game that mocks Madeleine and Hillsborough  - Page 2 182123 Outrage over 'vile' dinner party card game that mocks Madeleine and Hillsborough  - Page 2 182123 Outrage over 'vile' dinner party card game that mocks Madeleine and Hillsborough  - Page 2 182123 Outrage over 'vile' dinner party card game that mocks Madeleine and Hillsborough  - Page 2 182123 Outrage over 'vile' dinner party card game that mocks Madeleine and Hillsborough  - Page 2 182123 Outrage over 'vile' dinner party card game that mocks Madeleine and Hillsborough  - Page 2 182123 Outrage over 'vile' dinner party card game that mocks Madeleine and Hillsborough  - Page 2 182123 :money:THE GREEDY GITS  Outrage over 'vile' dinner party card game that mocks Madeleine and Hillsborough  - Page 2 157799
dutchclogs
dutchclogs
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1062
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  weissnicht Tue 20 May - 6:48

Lioned " It is speculated that Cards Against Humanity has amassed $12 million in profit and that the PDF file has been downloaded 1.5 million times'.

The mccanns will want royalties."

But of course they will. They are sort of money, still PR and lots of lawyers and courts to pay. mcs will sue. No doubt.  Outrage over 'vile' dinner party card game that mocks Madeleine and Hillsborough  - Page 2 182123 
weissnicht
weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 851
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2