Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man had wife's body for 10 weeks

Go down

Man had wife's body for 10 weeks Empty Man had wife's body for 10 weeks

Post  Guest Wed 25 Feb - 6:34

A man lived with his wife's dead body in their Hampshire house for more than 10 weeks before contacting police, an inquest heard.

David Pyatt, 59, tried to kill himself several times after making the discovery at their home in Bramble Walk, Lymington, on 4 September 2008.

His attempts failed and he said he had then "gone to bed for five weeks".

He said he eventually "recuperated" and called police who discovered 54-year-old Yvonne Pyatt's body on 17 November.

He told the police operator his wife had killed herself and added: "Really for four or five weeks after that I stayed with her and now I have recuperated a bit and I need to sort it out."

Electric cable

The hearing at Southampton heard that the house was "spotless" when officers arrived and Mr Pyatt told them he had been vacuuming and had cleaned his wife's body.

Mr Pyatt was arrested by police and questioned for two days on suspicion of aiding a suicide.

He told officers he tried to kill himself by throwing an electric cable into a bath and by hanging himself, but failed.

Mr and Mrs Pyatt moved to Lymington six years ago and were living off their savings, but after a few years the money ran out and Mrs Pyatt became depressed.

On 4 September she hanged herself with a washing line from the doorframe of an upstairs bedroom.

Officers discovered a note signed by them both, which hinted that there had been a suicide pact between the couple.

It read: "Sorry about the mess we are leaving but we did not have any choice."

But Det Sgt Rob Spall said Mr Pyatt claimed he had signed the letter later.

"From his account his intention was to kill himself after she died but he did not carry that through," Det Sgt Spall said.

He explained that Mr Pyatt had no significant mental health issues which had caused him to live with his wife's body and there had not been any foul play.

Det Sgt Spall said: "There is no sinister motive to it.

"Mr Pyatt lost almost everything with his wife's death and that perhaps led him not to want to let go of her, to lose the body."

Recording a verdict of suicide, Southampton coroner Keith Wiseman said the circumstances of the death were unusual.

He said: "He had clearly just frozen into inactivity when his wife's death occurred through the shock of what happened.

"It must have been a quite extraordinary experience and one difficult to recover from."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/hampshire/7908635.stm
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Man had wife's body for 10 weeks Empty Re: Man had wife's body for 10 weeks

Post  Guest Wed 25 Feb - 20:24

This is so sad but I wonder what went through his head every night. Its kinda weird really.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 26 Feb - 10:42

[quote="SharonS"]This is so sad but I wonder what went through his head every night. Its kinda weird really.[/quote

Thats what i was thinking, surely no one in sound of mind would of done this.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down