Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Much Power do the McCanns Have? - Pat Brown

+2
wjk
frencheuropean
6 posters

Go down

How Much Power do the McCanns Have?  - Pat Brown Empty How Much Power do the McCanns Have? - Pat Brown

Post  interested Sun 25 May - 16:42

Pat Brown's latest is actucally entitled: "How Much Power do YOU have? How Much Power do the McCanns Have? Take the Test!" and is available at patbrownprofiling.blogspot.com
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :
How Much Power do the McCanns Have?  - Pat Brown Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100How Much Power do the McCanns Have?  - Pat Brown Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

How Much Power do the McCanns Have?  - Pat Brown Empty Re: How Much Power do the McCanns Have? - Pat Brown

Post  frencheuropean Sun 25 May - 17:30

Merci interested. http://patbrownprofiling.blogspot.fr/

Sunday, May 25, 2014

How Much Power do YOU Have? How Much Power do the McCanns Have? Take the Test!

After my last few posts questioning the validity of the Scotland Yard "review" into the McCann case, a number of people have responded with two issues: one, that the McCanns don't have that much power, and, two, we the people, have a great deal of power which means it would be ridiculous, with all the outrage about Madeleine not receiving justice, that Scotland Yard would try to dupe the citizens of the UK and the people of the world with a whitewash of the case. I say the McCanns have tremendous power and we have little to none.

Let's start with the McCanns: I cannot think of ONE case of a missing child in the world where so many huge names and politicians have stepped up to the plate to protect them from a police investigation. Yes, I have seen small examples of probably guilty parents of missing children getting some media attention (Baby Lisa's parents got a nice kiss-their-butt program by Dr. Phil, but, then again, Dr. Phil is an ethically challenged TV host who is all about ratings) but that is about it. However, when the McCanns made phone calls, people came running from high places to give them assistance. And they have continued to make phone calls and get assistance in the most incredibly huge ways.

Now, here is a test for us to take to prove both the power of the McCanns and our own power. As you are sitting here, tweeting with #McCann and commenting on McCann Facebook groups. close your computer and pick up your phone. Who are you calling about this case? Hmm.....uh.....yeah....no one. While the McCanns have dozens of numbers to call, numbers to people with power, you've got no one. Even I don't have too many useful numbers to call (a few TV producers who are not going to put me on to talk about the case just because I called; it doesn't work that way in TV unless I really had some scoop) and I can call my agent (I already did that because  Gonçalo and I want write an english language book together on the McCann case: we couldn't get an American publisher to touch it as of yet due to lawsuit issues). Okay, so I have little influence; you probably have none. Every parent of a missing child I can think of to date - pretty much none. The McCanns - unprecedented and off-the-charts ability to get support for their cause.

So, if you think the public - and our online blogging, tweeting, and Facebooking - is going to sway Scotland Yard into doing the right thing, you are sadly mistaken. Why even the media almost always blocks comments about the case and unlike early media, I am no longer allowed to speak on the case on television. Someone is controlling the message....and it isn't us. If the McCanns ever going to go down, it will be because the political winds have changed and someone more powerful than them and their allies has changed the rules of the game.

Criminal Profiler Pat Brown

May 25, 2014
frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1203
Warning :
How Much Power do the McCanns Have?  - Pat Brown Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100How Much Power do the McCanns Have?  - Pat Brown Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

How Much Power do the McCanns Have?  - Pat Brown Empty Re: How Much Power do the McCanns Have? - Pat Brown

Post  wjk Sun 25 May - 17:44

"I am no longer allowed to speak on the case on television".

Well, I didn't know that!
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Sun 25 May - 18:59

Merci to "frencheuropian" for posting Pat's latest comments.

Alarming isn't it. Pat is not "allowed" to speak about the case on TV and as she says, "Someone is controlling the message....and it isn't us."
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sun 25 May - 19:15

interested wrote:Merci to "frencheuropian" for posting Pat's latest comments.

Alarming isn't it.  Pat is not "allowed" to speak about the case on TV and as she says, "Someone is controlling the message....and it isn't us."
WHO AND WHY?
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Sun 25 May - 19:46

Was it "dumb luck & survival instinct" on the night of 3rd May 2007 or great advice that they were given?

I often wonder what would have happened if the press/British consul didn't appear on 4th.
Molly
Molly

Number of posts : 30
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Sat 31 May - 16:02

Its not so much about power, its about ideas and motivation and the advancement of the Internet and social media. Shame Ben Needham's family did not have the Internet and social media back then, for it was not as common and accessible. For that reason their efforts did not gain the same amount of interest and support.

Stephen Sutton is another example. I don't know how he managed to do what he did either.

And yet other people stricken tragically have tried to make a difference to their cause and not had the same impact as young Stephen.

He had big ideas, but he did not know anyone influential at his tender age of 19. He had to do it all by himself. He just made an appeal through social media with his brilliant bucket list and the whole thing took off. And then he had pop stars, comedians and politicians all joining in and supporting his cause.

That is all the McCanns did. Its not rocket science really. They knew a couple of well connected people and those well connected people knew other well connected people and it snowballed in a matter of days. If some of those well connected people in the snowball have used their power to stop others talking on TV, they certainly can't stop them talking on the Internet. They have tried mind, but they can't succeed. If they close one site down another springs up. And the Internet reaches a far larger audience. I wouldn't worry if the media block comments, somebody on the Internet ensures that those comments are copy and pasted before they are whooshed.

If the McCanns themselves personally had power I doubt this would have gone on for 7 long years.
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down