Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Kate... conspicuous by her absence

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kate... conspicuous by her absence

Post  flower on Sun 25 May - 23:25

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2638708/Faces-Britains-lost-children-Missing-People-launches-The-Big-Tweet-campaign.html

And no mention of Kate McCann does anyone else find this strange?......................

flower
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 678
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate... conspicuous by her absence

Post  tanszi on Sun 25 May - 23:45

No I don't find it strange at all. what I found strange, and many others did judging by the outcry, was that she was ever chosen.

Gosh how many parents would have liked one tenth of the media attention to find their missing child, or police investigations keeping their child in the limelight for so long, or a media consultant to help them maximise appeals, or a special fund from the Home Secretary for their child's investigation. Where the bl88dy hell is Cameron. he should be putting special teams together for each of the missing children, not just the one who disappeared because her parents say they left all their children alone in a dark, locked or unlocked apartment in a foreign country, whilst they went on the lash with friends. Perhaps finally someone has decided that their actions are not conducive to responsible parenting. jimo

tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3096
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  interested on Mon 26 May - 1:16

I think it is odd that the "Ambassador" wasn't mentioned. Odd too that I haven't seen a picture of her at the unveiling of the billboard at King Cross station a few days ago.

interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2392
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 on Mon 26 May - 7:26

I also found it odd that the McCann's were not mentioned in that article It was the first thing that crossed my mind when reading it.

Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3380
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic on Mon 26 May - 9:35

One only has to go back a few days to recall the Wales Online Facebook page which gave the account of the billboard unveiling by KM and Coral Jones. The ensuing comments (about 166 IIRC) were 99% against the McCanns and reacted negatively to the news that Mrs Jones was somehow roped in for this public appearance with Madam Ambassador. The vast majority of the commenter's names were not familiar to McCann watchers and therefore served as an independent barometer of public opinion.

Now let's play 'What Happened Next?'
No prizes - the whole damn page was whooshed out of existence.
And that deletion is as telling as the comments themselves.

So to come back to the question at the beginning of the thread - maybe, just maybe, someone is FINALLY coming round to the idea that KM isn't such a good marketing ploy after all.
To coin a phrase.

almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda on Mon 26 May - 9:41

Madeleine's face us shown further down the page , so I suppose Kate was left out because the topic was Missing Children and the Organisers didn't want her to be the main attraction .  

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon 26 May - 9:52

Panda wrote:Madeleine's face us shown further down the page , so I suppose Kate was left out because the topic was Missing Children and the Organisers didn't want her to be the main attraction .  
Yes, that sickening 18-month-old-Maddie picture that turns my stomach every time I see it. It's no help as to what she looks like now, and no help even as to what she looked like when she actually went missing. Somebody used the phrase on twitter, "sheer commercial exploitation" and that's absolutely right.

Back to top Go down

Post  flower on Mon 26 May - 10:46

almostgothic: "So to come back to the question at the beginning of the thread - maybe, just maybe, someone is FINALLY coming round to the idea that KM isn't such a good marketing ploy after all.
To coin a phrase."

This is my thought too.................. I do so hope so............

flower
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 678
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda on Mon 26 May - 11:05

Iris wrote:
Panda wrote:Madeleine's face us shown further down the page , so I suppose Kate was left out because the topic was Missing Children and the Organisers didn't want her to be the main attraction .  
Yes, that sickening 18-month-old-Maddie picture that turns my stomach every time I see it.  It's no help as to what she looks like now, and no help even as to what she looked like when she actually went missing.  Somebody used the phrase on twitter, "sheer commercial exploitation" and that's absolutely right.

The McCanns probably thought that by raising money for Missing children they would receive VIP treatment . I don't know how much the artist impression of what Madeleine would look like at aged 7 , but it proved a waste of money because it has seldom been used , it's the red velvet dress that is favoured.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Back to top Go down

Post  blossom45 on Mon 26 May - 11:17

good morning all....
i was as surprised as everyone else at the omission of ms mccann at this event,
but my feeling is,that as the disappearance of madeliene happened out side the uk...
maybe it wasn't so relevant as "home grown" disappearances...just a thought!

blossom45
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 922
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda on Mon 26 May - 11:38

blossom45 wrote: good morning all....
i was as surprised as everyone else at the omission of ms mccann at this event,
but my feeling is,that as the disappearance of madeliene happened out side the uk...
maybe it wasn't so relevant as "home grown" disappearances...just a thought!

Morning blossom45, nice to see you posting again   

I think we said that because it is for missing children , none of the parents would be shown because after all , the children are the main consideration, .

Come to think of it, I ddn't look to see if Ben Needham was listed.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Back to top Go down

Post  jinvta on Mon 26 May - 22:32

The few comments that are posted are hardly supportive of the McCanns:

Paul, Liverpool, 1 day ago
How can 140,000 youngsters go missing every year in a small regulated country like this? And why aren't out "leaders" in Westminster dealing with it?

IAmNoWhere, SomeWhereOverThere, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
Why do we only hear of select missing individuals...mainly White female middle class? I am not begrudging the focus given on any missing person but there seems to be a disparity on which cases are latched upon by the media. Many young girls/women go missing from poorer backgrounds but we don't hear about it...is it because their lives are deemed less worthy? What about the young men?

Imogen, Truro, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
If these numbers are correct we need a national emergency declared. Not a big tweet organised by a registered charity. Where is the government lead on this. Where?

JackA, Notts, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
I thought the only child who had ever gone missing was Madeline McCann? My mistake.

null, 1 day ago
Last year only 2 were found - is this not proof that more publicity is needed! We only know the name of one of these missing children!

GARY_JG, Nottingham, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
Yet only the McCann case seems to get top coverage.

Christopher, Washington, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
DM should have this on top of their page and I hope you promote to help find these kids.

Wilson, Manchester, 1 day ago
Makes you wonder where they are all going.

Savannah x, somewhere_out_there, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
140,000 far too many kids to go missing. Twitter is a fantastic platform to try to find these kids. I hope they are all found safe & well.

anne, sheffield, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
1400 go missing but our great police force can only look for ONE.............How much is it now I know call me Dave said they could have £3million but I understand it has now reached £5million All those grieving parents

jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1065
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  weissnicht on Tue 27 May - 7:06

I read in twitter that some children are listed more than once...on Missing People page. Haven't checked myself.

weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 810
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman on Tue 27 May - 9:09

Do they define what missing actually means ? Missing as in three years old, left alone, cadaver scent, missing ? Or missing as in eighteen, ran off to London to make a living and no longer in contact with perhaps abusive family members ?

Sometimes people do not want to be found. Sometimes returning them to where they came from is more dangerous for them.

140,000 is bigger than the population of my whole town. According to Missing People a village like mines gets whooshed every year. Wow.

mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue 27 May - 9:53

weissnicht wrote:I read in twitter that some children are listed more than once...on Missing People page. Haven't checked myself.
I know of at least 6 who are not "missing" at all, but are with their "other" parent.
I think any figures coming from this Missing People database would have to be taken with a whole box of Saxo salt.

Back to top Go down

Post  weissnicht on Tue 27 May - 13:05

Iris wrote:
weissnicht wrote:I read in twitter that some children are listed more than once...on Missing People page. Haven't checked myself.
I know of at least 6 who are not "missing" at all, but are with their "other" parent.
I think any figures coming from this Missing People database would have to be taken with a whole box of Saxo salt.
Oh...Thanks. So ..it's even bigger hoax, to make money.. to get reasonable salaries, as I thought.

weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 810
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned on Tue 27 May - 14:59

Talking of 'missing people'.

I see from their last accounts,up to 31st March 2013,that they generated a net income of around £2.0 mill.

Their staff costs where £1.7 mill. As usual i could not find the salary of individuals,someone who's cleverer than me might have a go.

That leaves around £300,000 for other costs and then i wonder whats left for Charity ?

That seems a disproportionately large amount of their income going to look after staff salaries.

Not much left for looking for missing people really.

Thats Charity for you.

Last edited by Lioned on Tue 27 May - 15:00; edited 1 time in total

Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8553
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe on Tue 27 May - 15:00

weissnicht wrote:
Iris wrote:
Oh...Thanks. So ..it's even bigger hoax, to make money.. to get reasonable salaries, as I thought.

The only thing that goes 'missing' at Missing People is the 'donations' from 'duped' fundraisers, imo.!

Straight into 'salaries, pensions and staffing 'costs'

Their last accounts showed £1.710,751 (2013) 'went' on these 'costs'!

The '£20,000 raised' at Missing People Clapham Common 'run' (with G&K&RO in), will pay just one THIRD of the CEO's 'salary' at Missing People.

Good for the 'staff' at Missing People, innit?

Not so good for the 'missing' kids!

jeanmonroe
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 996
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  jassi on Tue 27 May - 15:02

jeanmonroe wrote:
weissnicht wrote:
Iris wrote:

The only thing that goes 'missing' at Missing People is the 'donations' from 'duped' fundraisers, imo.!

Straight into 'salaries, pensions and staffing 'costs'

Their last accounts showed £1.710,751 (2013) 'went' on these 'costs'!

The '£20,000 raised' at Missing People Clapham Common 'run' (with G&K&RO in), will pay just one THIRD of the CEO's 'salary' at Missing People.

Good for the 'staff' at Missing People, innit?

Not so good for the 'missing' kids!

It always seems the way with larger charities.

jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 911
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 11:15

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down