Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Realism or racism

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Realism or racism

Post  Claudia79 on Fri 30 May - 23:16

One funny thing about the Spanish when on holiday is that it's common to see them having lunch at 3 or 4 pm and having dinner at 11 pm. I really hope they have big breakfasts.

Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7004
Age : 37
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Realism or racism

Post  Claudia79 on Fri 30 May - 23:34

Generalisations and humour:








Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7004
Age : 37
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Realism or racism

Post  katertaif on Sat 31 May - 10:17

Claudia79 wrote:I am a Portuguese citizen living in Portugal but born in Germany by parents who had been to Angola (my mum) and Holland (my dad) before. A large part of my family has been in Africa for a very long time. In Germany I was raised in contact with more nationalities than I can count so I was able to understand, very early on, that the world is made up of many colours, races, languages, traditions, religions, etc and that is what people do that matters not anything else.
One small example of what ignorance can be: if I based my opinion of British people on what I can observe with my own eyes here then I would have to say they are loud, heavy drinkers and don't care for their kids well enough. That's, in fact, what many people working in the tourism industry (ignorantly) believe. That would, however, be a very ignorant, very narrow minded, very xenophobic conclusion to make because they are no such thing and I know it. But only because I am interested enough to want to know it.

I honestly see no purpose in continuing this, as on the one hand you contradict yourself, while changing the goal posts as I counter each point you make. Over the years, on this and other forums, I have changed, or modified my opinions based on clear reasoned argument. That I feel is just not possible in your case, at least not on this. At no stage have I said that racism is a correct, or desirable emotion, only that it is not based on intelligence or reason, then again anti racism is exactly the same. I have also said and I stand by there are racists in all societies.

I have my opinions, based in most cases on hard experience, you have your beliefs, I suggest we leave it at that while we can still part on speaking terms.


Last edited by katertaif on Sat 31 May - 10:39; edited 1 time in total

katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1283
Age : 72
Location : West Midlands
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2014-02-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Realism or racism

Post  katertaif on Sat 31 May - 10:30

Claudia79 wrote:
katertaif wrote:Sorry Claudia, I don't see it. I never mentioned Hitler. At least you agree that racism has nothing to do with intelligence.

No, I don't. Racist people are, in my opinion, very stupid people. Intelligence is not only a matter of IQ although I never met a racist with particular high IQ numbers. Racists are generally very ignorant of the world and they think the planet is their backyard which is why they fear what is different and that fear is on the basis of their stupid prejudice.You never mentioned Hitler but you stated that racism is a feeling, something I couldn't disagree with the most because that's underplaying its importance as feelings don't hurt anyone except maybe those who feel them. If racism is a feeling than I suppose anti-Semitism must be too so we could describe Hitler as an emotional guy.

IQ does actually stand for Intelligence Quotient. That you have never met an intelligent racist doesn't mean there are none such. I believe your responses are emotionally based rather than reason. Of course racism is wrong that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It is not racist however not to want to see ones country taken over, and transformed into the kind of society immigrants want it to be They are supposed to have left their motherlands to escape the very things they are bringing to Britain. Honour killing for example. FGM belief in witchcraft, to name but three, there are many others, and that is not to mention the freeloaders, and bogus asylum seekers. It is wrong for anyone to hate based on colour or creed, but it is understandable, however reprehensible.

katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1283
Age : 72
Location : West Midlands
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2014-02-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Realism or racism

Post  Claudia79 on Sat 31 May - 11:30

katertaif wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
katertaif wrote:Sorry Claudia, I don't see it. I never mentioned Hitler. At least you agree that racism has nothing to do with intelligence.

No, I don't. Racist people are, in my opinion, very stupid people. Intelligence is not only a matter of IQ although I never met a racist with particular high IQ numbers. Racists are generally very ignorant of the world and they think the planet is their backyard which is why they fear what is different and that fear is on the basis of their stupid prejudice.You never mentioned Hitler but you stated that racism is a feeling, something I couldn't disagree with the most because that's underplaying its importance as feelings don't hurt anyone except maybe those who feel them. If racism is a feeling than I suppose anti-Semitism must be too so we could describe Hitler as an emotional guy.

IQ does actually stand for Intelligence Quotient. That you have never met an intelligent racist doesn't mean there are none such. I believe your responses are emotionally based rather than reason. Of course racism is wrong that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It is not racist however not to want to see ones country taken over, and transformed into the kind of society immigrants want it to be They are supposed to have left their motherlands to escape the very things they are bringing to Britain. Honour killing for example. FGM belief in witchcraft, to name but three, there are many others, and that is not to mention the freeloaders, and bogus asylum seekers. It is wrong for anyone to hate based on colour or creed, but it is understandable, however reprehensible.

And that is the difference between you and me in a nutshell.
As for stopping while we are still on speaking terms, do you have a tendency to stop talking to people because they have different opinions? Five years before I was born people had no right to have opinions in my country. People died and were tortured so other people could have opinions. It's called democracy and freedom. But you are right, in a way. It's useless.
P.S: other countries are able to deal with immigrants (including millions of Muslims) and asylum seekers in a balanced way. I was born in one of them. Maybe there are a few things to be learned from other experiences.

Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7004
Age : 37
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Realism or racism

Post  katertaif on Sat 31 May - 11:48

Now you are being plain silly. I said what I said about this subject and this subject only. I noticed that your responses were getting more and more acrimonious. Look back over them, and you will see that.

I see no reason to get into such debate, although at any time in the future, I will be more than happy to cross swords with you, or even support you, if I agree. As I have said, I can (and have) responded to reasoned debate. On this subject at least that is not possible with you.

katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1283
Age : 72
Location : West Midlands
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2014-02-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Realism or racism

Post  Claudia79 on Sat 31 May - 12:07

katertaif wrote:Now you are being plain silly. I said what I said about this subject and this subject only. I noticed that your responses were getting more and more acrimonious. Look back over them, and you will see that.

I see no reason to get into such debate, although at any time in the future, I will be more than happy to cross swords with you, or even support you, if I agree. As I have said, I can (and have) responded to reasoned debate. On this subject at least that is not possible with you.

It's your opinion. I also have mine but I will keep it to myself. Let's just say that I haven't called you anything unlike you.
Interesting that there are no comments on the fact that other countries are able to deal with what you complain about in yours, in a balanced way. I don't need anyone's support, Katerfait, thank you. And I doubt we'll agree or disagree on other matters as your presence on this forum (created to discuss MM and other missing children) seems to be exclusively to discuss immigrants and muslims.

Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7004
Age : 37
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Realism or racism

Post  katertaif on Sat 31 May - 12:15

I was told by my sponsor, that other subjects were allowed and encouraged on this forum. If I am in error there, there are quite a few like me.

katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1283
Age : 72
Location : West Midlands
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2014-02-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Realism or racism

Post  kitti on Sat 31 May - 12:25

My father is or was an Irish Immigrant....he was born in Ireland and applied for a British passport and got it.



My father was a staunch Irish catholic ...


Every day he did nothing but moan about the English and what they did to him and his fellow country man.


He didn't mind coming to this country but didn't like 'us'.


He was very strict but never hit us.


He didn't or wouldn't put his name on my birth certificate whereas he did my brothers.


He was such a strict catholic that he wouldn't divorce his wife, not my mother but his WIFE.


Every time a British soldier was killed he would always come out with the same remark...'that's nothing to what THEY did to us'.


So you see, anyone that comes to this country should stop whinging about it or leave , they don't mind using our NHS, you only have to go to Kings and the dental department, they come over here for the day on the pretence off a 'day out' and use Kings to get FREE dental care and then go back home, I've seen it...they get it free because it's a teaching hospital.

Winge over.



kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Realism or racism

Post  kitti on Sat 31 May - 12:26

katertaif wrote:I was told by my sponsor, that other subjects were allowed and encouraged on this forum. If I am in error there, there are quite a few like me.


You can discuss what you like on here, it's suppose to be a FREE forum...off course with restrictions .

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Realism or racism

Post  Claudia79 on Sat 31 May - 12:55

katertaif wrote:I was told by my sponsor, that other subjects were allowed and encouraged on this forum. If I am in error there, there are quite a few like me.

Of course they are. But it is weird to join a forum about a missing child and never discuss it. It would be like joining a forum about cars and only discuss the weather. Doesn't make sense.

Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7004
Age : 37
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Realism or racism

Post  katertaif on Sat 31 May - 13:08

I'm afraid it is you not making sense Claudia. One post tells me it is a forum created for Madeleine McCann and other missing children, than when I challenge that, you claim we are of course allowed to discuss anything (as you say within reason) and that anything else would be silly. Now I do seriously suggest to you that we leave it there. I cannot hold any reasonable debate with you just as I cannot knit fog.

katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1283
Age : 72
Location : West Midlands
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2014-02-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Realism or racism

Post  Claudia79 on Sat 31 May - 13:17

katertaif wrote:I'm afraid it is you not making sense Claudia. One post tells me it is a forum created for Madeleine McCann and other missing children, than when I challenge that, you claim we are of course allowed to discuss anything (as you say within reason) and that anything else would be silly. Now I do seriously suggest to you that we leave it there. I cannot hold any reasonable debate with you just as I cannot knit fog.

Sorry, you seem to be missing the point. Repeatedly. This forum was created to discuss the Madeleine case and other missing children cases. Of course posters who joined, especially after 7 (seven) years, feel the need to discuss other things. And they do. And they do it well. But to be honest, you are the only poster I can think of who joined MM (Missing Madeleine) without any intention to discuss anything relating to MM. In fact, no intention to discuss anything at all besides Muslims and immigrants. Point being, if you think MM is a forum created to discuss Muslims and immigrants, it isn't. And I hope that's clear.
And you don't have to tell me you're unable to be reasonable. That's clear too. The end.

Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7004
Age : 37
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Realism or racism

Post  katertaif on Sat 31 May - 13:34

You are correct in that I had no intention of discussing MM when I joined. For the rest that is not what you initially said. As for being unreasonable, it appears that you have a cum laude degree in that.

As for discussing that poor child, I cannot discuss it because I simple do not know enough about it. Beyond what the media has said, much of that being sensationalism. My wife has a friend whose son was once treated by her father, but I hardly think that qualifies me to say what happened. I do of course have my own beliefs, but they may be completely erroneous, and so I prefer to keep them to myself.


katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1283
Age : 72
Location : West Midlands
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2014-02-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Realism or racism

Post  Claudia79 on Sat 31 May - 13:42

katertaif wrote:You are correct in that I had no intention of discussing MM when I joined. For the rest that is not what you initially said. As for being unreasonable, it appears that you have a cum laude degree in that.

As for discussing that poor child, I cannot discuss it because I simple do not know enough about it. Beyond what the media has said, much of that being sensationalism. My wife has a friend whose son was once treated by her father, but I hardly think that qualifies me to say what happened. I do of course have my own beliefs, but they may be completely erroneous, and áso I prefer to keep them to myself.


áá

Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7004
Age : 37
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Realism or racism

Post  Sponsored content Today at 16:31


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum