Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

STATEMENT BY JUDGE IN THE LIBEL TRIAL! READ NOW!!!

+20
wantthetruth
frencheuropean
kathybelle
duncanmac
kitti
almostgothic
Chris
jeanmonroe
LJC
fuzeta
dutchclogs
Ireland
mossman
MaryB
malena stool
whatsupdoc
Karen
interested
AnnaEsse
Lioned
24 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

STATEMENT BY JUDGE IN THE LIBEL TRIAL! READ NOW!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: STATEMENT BY JUDGE IN THE LIBEL TRIAL! READ NOW!!!

Post  Panda Wed 4 Jun - 15:59

[quote="Iris"]It will be very interesting to see what Justice Mrs Hogg does next.[/quote

I posted on here an Article from mccannfiles dated 1st June which says the Judge has reduced the McCann claim by £500,000 since they cannot claim for
Madeleine , so the twins would be awarded £350,000 each. If this is the case the McCanns will be furious. STATEMENT BY JUDGE IN THE LIBEL TRIAL! READ NOW!!! - Page 3 25346 
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
STATEMENT BY JUDGE IN THE LIBEL TRIAL! READ NOW!!! - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100STATEMENT BY JUDGE IN THE LIBEL TRIAL! READ NOW!!! - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

STATEMENT BY JUDGE IN THE LIBEL TRIAL! READ NOW!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: STATEMENT BY JUDGE IN THE LIBEL TRIAL! READ NOW!!!

Post  tanszi Wed 4 Jun - 16:08

im sorry I don't understand Panda, why would the twins be awarded that amount.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :
STATEMENT BY JUDGE IN THE LIBEL TRIAL! READ NOW!!! - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100STATEMENT BY JUDGE IN THE LIBEL TRIAL! READ NOW!!! - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 4 Jun - 16:39

tanszi wrote:im sorry I don't understand Panda, why would the twins be awarded that amount.

Hi tanzi, the original claim was for E1.2 million which was sequestered from Amaral very early on and I hope has been earning interest over the last couple of years. This sum was for the children , I don't think the Parents claimed for themselves, but how can the children have suffered because of Amaral's book when it was printed in Portugese? Did the twins have to have psychiatric treatment through seeing their Sister's photograph splashed over the front page all the time?

If the Judge has ruled on the award and reduced the sum , it would be £375,000 each for them. I am just guessing , but if the McCanns wanted to sue for themselves, they would have to provide Medical Evidence of their trauma ,I don't think they can because Gerry went back to work a couple of months after they left PDL and Kate wrote a book.!!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 4 Jun - 16:42

Panda wrote:
tanszi wrote:im sorry I don't understand Panda, why would the twins be awarded that amount.

Hi tanzi, the original claim was for E1.2 million which was sequestered from Amaral very early on and I hope has been earning interest over the last couple of years. This sum was for the children , I don't think the Parents claimed for themselves, but how can the children have suffered because of Amaral's book when it was printed in Portugese? Did the twins have to have psychiatric treatment through seeing their Sister's photograph splashed over the front page all the time?

If the Judge has ruled on the award and reduced the sum , it would be £375,000 each for them. I am just guessing , but if the McCanns wanted to sue for themselves, they would have to provide Medical Evidence of their trauma ,I don't think they can because Gerry went back to work a couple of months after they left PDL and Kate wrote a book.!!!

No it wouldn't, Duarte said she was asking for €250,000 per person and there were 5 of them. So the twins would get €250,000 each, not £375,000.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 4 Jun - 16:59

Iris wrote:
Panda wrote:

No it wouldn't, Duarte said she was asking for €250,000 per person and there were 5 of them.  So the twins would get €250,000 each, not £375,000.

I don't remember seeing that Iris, but I doubt very much that the Parents would get it without having to produce Medical evidence, if it were true the judge could only take £250,000 , not the £500,000 she has set aside
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 4 Jun - 17:02

Isabel Duarte [at Palácio de Justiça, in Lisbon]: The expectations are that the trial is done as fast as possible... what is in question are the personality rights of Kate.. of Gerry.. of Madeleine.. of Sean and of.. ah.. Amelie, breached by the book that we are going to judge here. It's an action for compensation and, and, other decisions surrounding the book... Aaaand as lawyers use to say, I hope that justice is done. [smiles and laughs]

Journalist in situ: In that action for compensation exactly what does the McCann couple ask?

Isabel Duarte: They ask for a compensation in money.

Journalist: How much?

Isabel Duarte: 250 thousand euros for each of the persons involved, they are five.
On this very forum, and lots of other places too.
https://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net/t24458-a-sort-of-open-letter-to-mrs-duarte-opinion-joana-morais
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 4 Jun - 17:11

Iris wrote:

Isabel Duarte [at Palácio de Justiça, in Lisbon]: The expectations are that the trial is done as fast as possible... what is in question are the personality rights of Kate.. of Gerry.. of Madeleine.. of Sean and of.. ah.. Amelie, breached by the book that we are going to judge here. It's an action for compensation and, and, other decisions surrounding the book... Aaaand as lawyers use to say, I hope that justice is done. [smiles and laughs]

Journalist in situ: In that action for compensation exactly what does the McCann couple ask?

Isabel Duarte: They ask for a compensation in money.

Journalist: How much?

Isabel Duarte: 250 thousand euros for each of the persons involved, they are five.
On this very forum, and lots of other places too.
https://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net/t24458-a-sort-of-open-letter-to-mrs-duarte-opinion-joana-morais

Thanks Iris, well we all know Duarte is flamboyant to say the least and probably said that because she had not studied the claim which was probably prepared by Carter Ruck .
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Wed 4 Jun - 19:06

No, the claim includes the parents, Panda.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Wed 4 Jun - 19:09

The claim has included the parents from day one.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum