Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

STATEMENT BY JUDGE IN THE LIBEL TRIAL! READ NOW!!!

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: STATEMENT BY JUDGE IN THE LIBEL TRIAL! READ NOW!!!

Post  Panda on Wed 4 Jun - 15:59

[quote="Iris"]It will be very interesting to see what Justice Mrs Hogg does next.[/quote


I posted on here an Article from mccannfiles dated 1st June which says the Judge has reduced the McCann claim by £500,000 since they cannot claim for
Madeleine , so the twins would be awarded £350,000 each. If this is the case the McCanns will be furious.  

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: STATEMENT BY JUDGE IN THE LIBEL TRIAL! READ NOW!!!

Post  tanszi on Wed 4 Jun - 16:08

im sorry I don't understand Panda, why would the twins be awarded that amount.

tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3096
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: STATEMENT BY JUDGE IN THE LIBEL TRIAL! READ NOW!!!

Post  Panda on Wed 4 Jun - 16:39

tanszi wrote:im sorry I don't understand Panda, why would the twins be awarded that amount.

Hi tanzi, the original claim was for E1.2 million which was sequestered from Amaral very early on and I hope has been earning interest over the last couple of years. This sum was for the children , I don't think the Parents claimed for themselves, but how can the children have suffered because of Amaral's book when it was printed in Portugese? Did the twins have to have psychiatric treatment through seeing their Sister's photograph splashed over the front page all the time?

If the Judge has ruled on the award and reduced the sum , it would be £375,000 each for them. I am just guessing , but if the McCanns wanted to sue for themselves, they would have to provide Medical Evidence of their trauma ,I don't think they can because Gerry went back to work a couple of months after they left PDL and Kate wrote a book.!!!

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: STATEMENT BY JUDGE IN THE LIBEL TRIAL! READ NOW!!!

Post  Guest on Wed 4 Jun - 16:42

Panda wrote:
tanszi wrote:im sorry I don't understand Panda, why would the twins be awarded that amount.

Hi tanzi, the original claim was for E1.2 million which was sequestered from Amaral very early on and I hope has been earning interest over the last couple of years. This sum was for the children , I don't think the Parents claimed for themselves, but how can the children have suffered because of Amaral's book when it was printed in Portugese? Did the twins have to have psychiatric treatment through seeing their Sister's photograph splashed over the front page all the time?

If the Judge has ruled on the award and reduced the sum , it would be £375,000 each for them. I am just guessing , but if the McCanns wanted to sue for themselves, they would have to provide Medical Evidence of their trauma ,I don't think they can because Gerry went back to work a couple of months after they left PDL and Kate wrote a book.!!!

No it wouldn't, Duarte said she was asking for €250,000 per person and there were 5 of them. So the twins would get €250,000 each, not £375,000.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: STATEMENT BY JUDGE IN THE LIBEL TRIAL! READ NOW!!!

Post  Panda on Wed 4 Jun - 16:59

Iris wrote:
Panda wrote:
tanszi wrote:im sorry I don't understand Panda, why would the twins be awarded that amount.

Hi tanzi, the original claim was for E1.2 million which was sequestered from Amaral very early on and I hope has been earning interest over the last couple of years. This sum was for the children , I don't think the Parents claimed for themselves, but how can the children have suffered because of Amaral's book when it was printed in Portugese? Did the twins have to have psychiatric treatment through seeing their Sister's photograph splashed over the front page all the time?

If the Judge has ruled on the award and reduced the sum , it would be £375,000 each for them. I am just guessing , but if the McCanns wanted to sue for themselves, they would have to provide Medical Evidence of their trauma ,I don't think they can because Gerry went back to work a couple of months after they left PDL and Kate wrote a book.!!!

No it wouldn't, Duarte said she was asking for €250,000 per person and there were 5 of them.  So the twins would get €250,000 each, not £375,000.

I don't remember seeing that Iris, but I doubt very much that the Parents would get it without having to produce Medical evidence, if it were true the judge could only take £250,000 , not the £500,000 she has set aside

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: STATEMENT BY JUDGE IN THE LIBEL TRIAL! READ NOW!!!

Post  Guest on Wed 4 Jun - 17:02


Isabel Duarte [at Palácio de Justiça, in Lisbon]: The expectations are that the trial is done as fast as possible... what is in question are the personality rights of Kate.. of Gerry.. of Madeleine.. of Sean and of.. ah.. Amelie, breached by the book that we are going to judge here. It's an action for compensation and, and, other decisions surrounding the book... Aaaand as lawyers use to say, I hope that justice is done. [smiles and laughs]

Journalist in situ: In that action for compensation exactly what does the McCann couple ask?

Isabel Duarte: They ask for a compensation in money.

Journalist: How much?

Isabel Duarte: 250 thousand euros for each of the persons involved, they are five.
On this very forum, and lots of other places too.
http://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net/t24458-a-sort-of-open-letter-to-mrs-duarte-opinion-joana-morais

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: STATEMENT BY JUDGE IN THE LIBEL TRIAL! READ NOW!!!

Post  Panda on Wed 4 Jun - 17:11

Iris wrote:

Isabel Duarte [at Palácio de Justiça, in Lisbon]: The expectations are that the trial is done as fast as possible... what is in question are the personality rights of Kate.. of Gerry.. of Madeleine.. of Sean and of.. ah.. Amelie, breached by the book that we are going to judge here. It's an action for compensation and, and, other decisions surrounding the book... Aaaand as lawyers use to say, I hope that justice is done. [smiles and laughs]

Journalist in situ: In that action for compensation exactly what does the McCann couple ask?

Isabel Duarte: They ask for a compensation in money.

Journalist: How much?

Isabel Duarte: 250 thousand euros for each of the persons involved, they are five.
On this very forum, and lots of other places too.
http://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net/t24458-a-sort-of-open-letter-to-mrs-duarte-opinion-joana-morais

Thanks Iris, well we all know Duarte is flamboyant to say the least and probably said that because she had not studied the claim which was probably prepared by Carter Ruck .

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: STATEMENT BY JUDGE IN THE LIBEL TRIAL! READ NOW!!!

Post  wjk on Wed 4 Jun - 19:06

No, the claim includes the parents, Panda.

wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7812
Age : 51
Location : Manchester
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: STATEMENT BY JUDGE IN THE LIBEL TRIAL! READ NOW!!!

Post  Claudia79 on Wed 4 Jun - 19:09

The claim has included the parents from day one.

Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7004
Age : 37
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: STATEMENT BY JUDGE IN THE LIBEL TRIAL! READ NOW!!!

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:59


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum