Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

The Queen's speech

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Queen's speech

Post  katertaif on Wed 4 Jun - 8:50

The so called recall bill was dangled in front of us in 2010. Designed as a vote winner, it was then conveniently (as are most of their pre election promises) quietly shelved. No doubt Labour connived at that, since it isn't in any of their interests to have a rogue MP stripped of the title, and forced to face a by election. In the face of UKIP success in the council elections and Europe, a rethink is needed. Their vote fodder can't be relied on any more. Bringing it up again in the Queen's speech may just be another cynical ploy to get voters back I hope not, because it is the one thing that would keep them relatively honest. They steal money from us and usually don't even pay it all back. Losing a comfortable job however is a different matter. they all claim how hard it is, and how long the hours are, and how little they are paid. They are all desperate to hang on to their seats though, and when a new candidate is needed there are certainly enough applicants.

katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1283
Age : 72
Location : West Midlands
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2014-02-24

Back to top Go down

Re: The Queen's speech

Post  malena stool on Thu 5 Jun - 21:34

Given that a working man/woman with a blemished character is a pariah as far as most employers are concerned, why should our 'Honourable Members' receive any different treatment?

These MPs as public figures should be seen to be setting the standard for patriotism, honesty and trust, yet all we read of or see in our media is our elected representatives stooping lower than the dross of society; selling the nation's assets to foreign businessmen, stealing from the public purse, lying and cheating as would common criminals, importuning themselves in public toilets or even worse acts of deviancy.

We plebs have to live within the law or suffer the consequences of breaking it. Why not the drunkards and addicts who we elect and pay to act on our behalf?

malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13362
Location : Spare room above the kitchen
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: The Queen's speech

Post  Lioned on Thu 5 Jun - 21:50

The queen wants to go digging for gas under my garden !

Well i know the Queen dont write these things but never the less would i go digging in the Palace gardens ? I dont think so.God only knows what secrets you would find there.

Prince Charles might get a bit worried you never know if some of Savilles 'mementoes' got buried in there.Didnt they find some bodies somewhere else ?

What a Fracking liberty.

Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Age : 107
Location : Down South
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Re: The Queen's speech

Post  katertaif on Fri 6 Jun - 8:06

malena stool wrote:Given that a working man/woman with a blemished character is a pariah as far as most employers are concerned, why should our 'Honourable Members' receive any different treatment?

These MPs as public figures should be seen to be setting the standard for patriotism, honesty and trust, yet all we read of or see in our media is our elected representatives stooping lower than the dross of society; selling the nation's assets to foreign businessmen, stealing from the public purse, lying and cheating as would common criminals, importuning themselves in public toilets or even worse acts of deviancy.  

We plebs have to live within the law or suffer the consequences of breaking it. Why not the drunkards and addicts who we elect and pay to act on our behalf?

I could not agree with you more my friend. I see the promise made in the run up to the 2010 elections regarding recall of MP's has now been so watered down, it is all but meaningless. No doubt it will resonate with some. Once again they have made sure that it is almost impossible to bring them to book, and meanwhile they continue to make free with our money. All in the name of a democracy that just doesn't exist.

In the wake of the expenses scandal some were actually jailed, but many more escaped just punishment and I don't think offhand there was one who was made to pay back all they had stolen, and of course that was not the end of it. They continue to plunder the public purse, and generally bring parliament into disrepute. Maria Miller being the latest example of bare faced theft. Not content with flipping homes as if she was playing ludo she took us for, in excess of £45 grand, and was asked to pay back about £5 grand. What would happen if one of us stole that kind of money. Prison certainly, followed as you say by difficulty getting a job.

I would suggest that as in the days of CB radio, they stop using their own names and give themselves "handles" or noms de Guerre. Bluebeard, Bloody Morgan, Captain Teach, Anne Bonney, Mary Reed spring immediately to mind.

katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1283
Age : 72
Location : West Midlands
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2014-02-24

Back to top Go down

Re: The Queen's speech

Post  malena stool on Fri 6 Jun - 9:35

katertaif wrote:
malena stool wrote:Given that a working man/woman with a blemished character is a pariah as far as most employers are concerned, why should our 'Honourable Members' receive any different treatment?

These MPs as public figures should be seen to be setting the standard for patriotism, honesty and trust, yet all we read of or see in our media is our elected representatives stooping lower than the dross of society; selling the nation's assets to foreign businessmen, stealing from the public purse, lying and cheating as would common criminals, importuning themselves in public toilets or even worse acts of deviancy.  

We plebs have to live within the law or suffer the consequences of breaking it. Why not the drunkards and addicts who we elect and pay to act on our behalf?

I could not agree with you more my  friend. I see the promise made in the run up to the 2010 elections regarding recall of MP's has now been so watered down, it is all but meaningless. No doubt it will resonate with some. Once again they have made sure that it is almost impossible to bring them to book, and meanwhile they continue to make free with our money. All in the name of a democracy that just doesn't exist.

In the wake of the expenses scandal some were actually jailed, but many more escaped just punishment and I don't think offhand there was one who was made to pay back all they had stolen, and of course that was not the end of it. They continue to plunder the public purse, and generally bring parliament into disrepute. Maria Miller being the latest example of bare faced theft. Not content with flipping homes as if she was playing ludo she took us for, in excess of £45 grand, and was asked to pay back about £5 grand. What would happen if one of us stole that kind of money. Prison certainly, followed as you say by difficulty getting a job.

I would suggest that as in the days of CB radio, they stop using their own names and give themselves "handles" or noms de Guerre. Bluebeard, Bloody Morgan, Captain Teach, Anne Bonney, Mary Reed  spring immediately to mind.
   Good suggestion katertaif, perhaps in the privacy and comfort of their our homes, (homes we have bought and paid for) these spineless illigitemates who live off the backs of real politicians from earlier times, use the same aliases as we plebs have awarded them... Camoron, Millipede, Bliar, Bully Boy Brown...ect.

malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13362
Location : Spare room above the kitchen
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: The Queen's speech

Post  katertaif on Fri 6 Jun - 10:30

They would do even better, being more descriptive of their habits. Pirates at least were usually courageous. You must admit though there is a kind of poetic quality about it all. just as we think (in our plebeian way) that British politicians could sink no lower they prove that they most certainly can. Then again we think they are dull and unimaginative in their recognition of the problems the country faces and dull unimaginative, and ineffectual in dealing with them.

Instead we should look at the imagination, even brilliance they bring to their expenses claims. If only they channelled a small portion of that into representing us,, we would still be the greatest nation on Earth.

After all, when was the last time anyone on this forum went out and got someone else to buy them a 50" plasma TV.

katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1283
Age : 72
Location : West Midlands
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2014-02-24

Back to top Go down

Re: The Queen's speech

Post  katertaif on Fri 6 Jun - 11:04

Lioned wrote:The queen wants to go digging for gas under my garden !

Well i know the Queen dont write these things but never the less would i go digging in the Palace gardens ? I dont think so.God only knows what secrets you would find there.

Prince Charles might get a bit worried you never know if some of Savilles 'mementoes' got buried in there.Didnt they find some bodies somewhere else ?

What a Fracking liberty.    

As I understand it this fracking is as yet an unproved technology. Granted it seems on the face of it to be a good source of oil and gas. If you take something out of the ground, you inevitably leave a hole. The weight of earth and rock above that may (I don't know in this instance) leave the possibility of a sinkhole.

Digging wherever they like as the government (assuming you can call them a government) seems to have given them a blank cheque to do may cause more problems than it solves. Apart from, as you say, being a liberty.

katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1283
Age : 72
Location : West Midlands
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2014-02-24

Back to top Go down

Re: The Queen's speech

Post  malena stool on Fri 6 Jun - 15:16

When we become 'self sufficient' in fuel again as we were supposed to after North Sea Gas and Oil were first discovered, will the prices of our petrol/diesel and gas come down, as they were supposed to when we had our own oil coming ashore?

If not, any guesses what reasons will be given this time round.

malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13362
Location : Spare room above the kitchen
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: The Queen's speech

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:37


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum