Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adversarial Politics

2 posters

Go down

Adversarial Politics Empty Adversarial Politics

Post  katertaif Sun 8 Jun - 10:33

We know that to a degree, even a large degree, politics is adversarial. The opposition parties find fault with the ruling party, so they can in turn plug their own answers to this or that problem.

This kind of politics has now descended - in Britain at least into almost pure farce. The government of the day can do nothing right, while the opposition can do nothing wrong. All parties having an enormous blind spot when it comes to themselves. It is I believe this kind of stupidity that has brought this country down to: approaching third world status.

Taking this latest thing about extremism in at least some of our schools. The extremism has been forgotten about in the tit for tat, yes you did, no I didn't. Yah boo sucks to you put forward by all of them. They should, between them be sorting it out, along with so many other things, rather than this childish squabbling.

They say the report was made in 2010, and Yvette Cooper made much of that this morning. Yes I fully agree, they have had three, getting on for four years, and have apparently done little or nothing, but wait a second. If the problem was well enough established to be reported in 2010 it must have been happening before then. In 2010 labour were coming to the end of 13 years of misrule, while the tories were just starting their period of misrule.

So both major parties are to some degree responsible and the way out of it is to work out what to do, and then we'll worry about to what degree each of them is responsible and can they stay in their jobs.

To indulge in petty points scoring will allow the extremists to continue as normal. Damage has already been caused and all parties should combine to minimise that damage, and make sure it doesn't happen again.
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1296
Warning :
Adversarial Politics Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Adversarial Politics Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2014-02-24

Back to top Go down

Adversarial Politics Empty Re: Adversarial Politics

Post  malena stool Sun 8 Jun - 22:36

Good evening katertaif,
That suggestion, which while being a giant step in the right direction is based on the premise of both major parties actually giving a toss about the shattered economy and its effects on the electorate who, once again are bailing out the country and repaying through increased taxation, the debts incurred by arrogantly selfish, incompetent, sticky fingered ministers of the crown and corrupt abusive practices of our bankers.

The tragedy of our splintered education system which, perhaps was not the greatest in the world, ensured all children received the same basic education and in the main the system worked, opening up opportunities of advancement to countless citizens whose latent skills would otherwise have been lost to the nation.

Now, the system revolves around faith. Segregating children on religious grounds should have no place in our society. It is a retrograde step and will encourage isolationism.
We are told we are now a multicultural society, we always have been and it worked better then than it ever does now. I lived among and went to school with Athiests, Roman Catholics, Jewish children, Church of England and Chapel. There were children from Poland, Latvia, Italy and all corners of the UK and we all got along and took the same lessons except RI.

We did it back then, why can't they do this now?

Last edited by malena stool on Mon 9 Jun - 8:54; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typos)
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :
Adversarial Politics Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Adversarial Politics Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  katertaif Mon 9 Jun - 7:32

Good morning malena stool

I would agree with you if it were possible to eliminate the so called faith schools, which successive governments in their blind folly have allowed to flourish in deference to our old friend Islam. If they ever get what they want, and all the signs are that it is only a matter of time I wonder how pluralistic, and multicultural our society will be then?

I agree fully that our educational system may not have been the best, it was at least competent. Now it is as you say splintered. A result of the governments policies in forever tinkering, ignoring completely the maxim "if it 'aint broke don't fix it". Education should; IMHO have been like the Bank of England with a permanent governor not reliant on political empire building. Now it is too late. Too many pressure groups would not allow it.

We also have the results of the pressure group STOPP, (Society of Teachers Opposed to Physical Punishment. They themselves took discipline out of the classroom and now we have the fourth generation of parents who themselves knew no discipline, while Gove bleats on about showing respect for the teachers.

Politics in Britain has largely been responsible for; if not ruining at least causing great damage to the country. Apparently it is too difficult for any of them to admit the ruling government has the odd good idea (they certainly have some good odd ones)

I agree that there isn't one of them in Westminster who gives a toss about the country and what they are doing to it. I'm all right Jacques seems to be the mantra now.

katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1296
Warning :

Registration date : 2014-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down