Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Date for libel trial to resume

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Date for libel trial to resume

Post  kitti on Thu 12 Jun - 19:19

"We are further encouraged that despite the intensive searches, NO TRACE OF MADELEINE HAS BEEN FOUND and this reinforces our belief that she could still be alive," they said in a statement.



Why have sky highlighted the bit I have put in caps


And what a weird thing to say.

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Date for libel trial to resume

Post  kitti on Thu 12 Jun - 19:20

He WILL win I have no doubt About that.


Let's face it, if the mccanns had it in the bag they would not be attending.


There Desperate.

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Date for libel trial to resume

Post  kitti on Thu 12 Jun - 19:22

Bet Kate McCann will have onions sewn into Her dress.

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Date for libel trial to resume

Post  tanszi on Thu 12 Jun - 19:33

who told the poisonous lies about the jimmied shutter.

tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3096
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Date for libel trial to resume

Post  Karen on Thu 12 Jun - 20:57

Just on facebook - with thanks to Siobahn



Siobhan Feely so asked question on #mccann twitter.. they are not allowed give prepared written statements...mmmm #popcorn

Karen
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 635
Location : The Netherlands
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Date for libel trial to resume

Post  wjk on Thu 12 Jun - 21:18

Can the Judge ask them anything during their 'emotional' statements?
To kind of clarify something if she's not sure.

wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7812
Age : 51
Location : Manchester
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Date for libel trial to resume

Post  Guest on Thu 12 Jun - 23:27

Karen wrote:With special thanks to haroldd2 Jill Havern site   

According to this article published less than an hour ago on the Mirror's website, the McCanns are going to appear in court next week in the libel case.

Apparently "The couple won the latest round in their long legal battle to silence ex-police chief Goncalo Amaral - who claims they were responsible for Madeleine's death." (Their demand for £1million is only mentioned much further on.)

Moreover, "The pair will describe how the cruel and malicious lies from Amaral have caused them unnecessary grief and hampered the search for Madeleine."

You wouldn't be able to say that in a British newspaper if the libel case were in England.

And it gets more ridiculous. "They have both been granted permission to give emotional statements in a Lisbon court on Monday." (Really?)

"Kate, 46, and Gerry, 45, learned they will be allowed to speak in court shortly after they told of their renewed hope that their daughter could still be alive."

So it is looking as if the latest dig effort may have been to help with their PR. Either that or they will feel the strong arm of the law when they go to Portugal. I dearly hope it's the latter but think that's unlikely.

"A source close to the McCanns said: 'Finally it looks like drawing to a close and they are hopeful they can win the case.'"

"'They both want to see an end to it. The poisonous lies said against Kate and Gerry have caused them great distress and have hindered the search for Madeleine.'"

"'It will be the final stage of the trial and there is not expected to be any cross examination.'"

So the man they've taken to court and are demanding £1million from won't get, or won't want, a chance to test their personal evidence against him? And nor will the judge? Really?

"Kate and Gerry have applied to give declarations, the court has now agreed and they have been asked to be present in person on Monday."

"They will describe the impact that Mr Amaral's comments have had on them and the wider family."

"The judge will listen, assess it and retire to consider a verdict. It is the final stage of the court procedure but judgement will be reserved."

If this isn't taking the hiss then I don't know what is. "The pair"? Isn't that the expression used by papers to describe miscreants?   "Cruel and malicious lies" seems to be laying it on a bit thick. "Emotional statements", now we are left in no doubt that we are dealing with a couple of drama queens. "Wider family"? This trial has a bigger cast than Ben Hur. Honestly, the more rubbish they come out with, the more the judge is going to wonder, just who the hell ARE this pair of lunatics? Hopefully she'll tell them to go and get a couple of Snickers bars because they've turned into a right pair of divas, and looking every bit as ridiculous as Joan Collins in the locker room.   

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Date for libel trial to resume

Post  Guest on Thu 12 Jun - 23:32

Karen wrote:Just on facebook - with thanks to Siobahn



Siobhan Feely so asked question on #mccann twitter.. they are not allowed give prepared written statements...mmmm #popcorn

Isn't that because statements have to be spontaneous? Remember that Monitor Mickey wasn't allowed to read his specially prepared notes written in nice green ink, because the Judge said pre-prepared statements weren't allowed, it has to be spontaneous testimony so it can't be rehearsed. Presumably that's because spontaneous answers tend to be more honest. "The pair" are up shit creek then, in a Court without a script, and the most delicious thing about it is they've done it to themselves through their own greed.      

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Date for libel trial to resume

Post  interested on Thu 12 Jun - 23:45

Will the emotional statements include how Madeleine's disappearance put a damper on their love life?

I am confident Mr. Amaral will prevail. How can details of the official investigation hinder the search? I am looking forward to reading how the U.K. press cover Mr. Amaral's victory over these two evil people.

interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2391
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Date for libel trial to resume

Post  jeanmonroe on Thu 12 Jun - 23:45

wjk wrote:Can the Judge ask them anything during their 'emotional' statements?
To kind of clarify something if she's not sure.

YES.

jeanmonroe
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 996
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Date for libel trial to resume

Post  duncanmac on Fri 13 Jun - 9:43

There will be nothing spontaneous about their statements.
They will have been rehearsing it for months, well coached by the way by the pink one.
No different than a manager rehearsing a presentation, and we all know GM loves his flip chart.

duncanmac
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 594
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Date for libel trial to resume

Post  chrissie on Fri 13 Jun - 10:41

kitti wrote:Bet Kate McCann will have onions sewn into Her dress.

  

chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3279
Age : 55
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Date for libel trial to resume

Post  kathybelle on Fri 13 Jun - 10:51

duncanmac wrote:There will be nothing spontaneous about their statements.
They will have been rehearsing it for months, well coached by the way by the pink one.
No different than a manager rehearsing a presentation, and we all know GM loves his flip chart.

  

kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Age : 70
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Date for libel trial to resume

Post  kathybelle on Fri 13 Jun - 10:52

Iris wrote:
Karen wrote:Just on facebook - with thanks to Siobahn



Siobhan Feely so asked question on #mccann twitter.. they are not allowed give prepared written statements...mmmm #popcorn

Isn't that because statements have to be spontaneous?  Remember that Monitor Mickey wasn't allowed to read his specially prepared notes written in nice green ink, because the Judge said pre-prepared statements weren't allowed, it has to be spontaneous testimony so it can't be rehearsed.  Presumably that's because spontaneous answers tend to be more honest.   "The pair" are up shit creek then, in a Court without a script, and the most delicious thing about it is they've done it to themselves through their own greed.      

   

kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Age : 70
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Date for libel trial to resume

Post  kathybelle on Fri 13 Jun - 10:52

Iris wrote:
Karen wrote:With special thanks to haroldd2 Jill Havern site   

According to this article published less than an hour ago on the Mirror's website, the McCanns are going to appear in court next week in the libel case.

Apparently "The couple won the latest round in their long legal battle to silence ex-police chief Goncalo Amaral - who claims they were responsible for Madeleine's death." (Their demand for £1million is only mentioned much further on.)

Moreover, "The pair will describe how the cruel and malicious lies from Amaral have caused them unnecessary grief and hampered the search for Madeleine."

You wouldn't be able to say that in a British newspaper if the libel case were in England.

And it gets more ridiculous. "They have both been granted permission to give emotional statements in a Lisbon court on Monday." (Really?)

"Kate, 46, and Gerry, 45, learned they will be allowed to speak in court shortly after they told of their renewed hope that their daughter could still be alive."

So it is looking as if the latest dig effort may have been to help with their PR. Either that or they will feel the strong arm of the law when they go to Portugal. I dearly hope it's the latter but think that's unlikely.

"A source close to the McCanns said: 'Finally it looks like drawing to a close and they are hopeful they can win the case.'"

"'They both want to see an end to it. The poisonous lies said against Kate and Gerry have caused them great distress and have hindered the search for Madeleine.'"

"'It will be the final stage of the trial and there is not expected to be any cross examination.'"

So the man they've taken to court and are demanding £1million from won't get, or won't want, a chance to test their personal evidence against him? And nor will the judge? Really?

"Kate and Gerry have applied to give declarations, the court has now agreed and they have been asked to be present in person on Monday."

"They will describe the impact that Mr Amaral's comments have had on them and the wider family."

"The judge will listen, assess it and retire to consider a verdict. It is the final stage of the court procedure but judgement will be reserved."

If this isn't taking the hiss then I don't know what is.  "The pair"?  Isn't that the expression used by papers to describe miscreants?   "Cruel and malicious lies" seems to be laying it on a bit thick.  "Emotional statements", now we are left in no doubt that we are dealing with a couple of drama queens.  "Wider family"?  This trial has a bigger cast than Ben Hur.  Honestly, the more rubbish they come out with, the more the judge is going to wonder, just who the hell ARE this pair of lunatics?  Hopefully she'll tell them to go and get a couple of Snickers bars because they've turned into a right pair of divas, and looking every bit as ridiculous as Joan Collins in the locker room.   

   

kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Age : 70
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Date for libel trial to resume

Post  kathybelle on Fri 13 Jun - 10:54

Panda wrote:
Ward of Court: Decision issued by Judge in Libel Trial

1 Jun 2014






Judge rules that Kate and Gerry McCann do not possess the authority to sue Gonçalo Amaral in their daughter’s name.


The judge at the Civil Court of Lisbon who is trying the ‘libel’ case which Kate and Gerry McCann have filed against Gonçalo Amaral and 3 other parties has issued a decision concerning the matter of Madeleine McCann being a Ward of Court.

On the 3rd of January 2014, Gonçalo Amaral had argued before the Lisbon Court that Madeleine’s parents do not possess the necessary power to represent their daughter in this action, since the child had been made a Ward of Court in the United Kingdom.

The judge decided that Mr Amaral should present a certificate of the relevant British judicial ruling. That certificate was delivered to the Court on the 2nd of May, after a lengthy, expensive process.

The judge then had to decide whether or not Madeleine’s parents were entitled to represent their daughter in this lawsuit. In the judge’s recent ruling, it is mentioned that “within the 'Wardship', the High Court holds ultimate responsibility over the child, but it does not suppress or annul the exercise of the parental responsibilities”. The High Court takes control over “the most important decisions for the life” of the child. The judge further considers that “the decision to file a judicial action in the name of the child” is a decision “of the magnitude that is demanded for the agreement or consent of the court”.

The judge’s ruling further notes that the matters that have been brought before the High Court that holds the Wardship have been matters of an “eminently judiciary nature, like the revelation of confidential information and documents, that are related to the child’s disappearance and were in the possession of the local police”.  

The text continues with the consideration that because Madeleine was made a Ward of the Court on the 2nd of April of 2008, her parents did not possess, in 2009, “the necessary capacity of representation of their daughter to file the present action without the authorization from the British court”.

Nevertheless, the judge has decided that the final court session, which will include a statement from Gerald McCann and the presentation of closing arguments from all sides, should take place regardless of the matter of the Wardship.

After that hearing is completed, the proceedings will be suspended for 30 days. During that period, Madeleine’s parents “shall arrange for the collection and documentation in the records of the British Court’s authorization for the bringing of this action on behalf of the minor Madeleine McCann”. If they fail to do so, the defendants will be “acquitted of the proceedings concerning the requests that have been formulated on behalf of the latter”.

The judge has proposed the date of 16th June for the final session, but each of the lawyers involved have the possibility of declining said date and suggesting alternative dates.

==================================

There is no mention of her deducting any part of the E1.2 million claimed , no doubt that will be made in Court when it resumes on 16th June

Thanks Panda    


Last edited by kathybelle on Fri 13 Jun - 11:32; edited 1 time in total

kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Age : 70
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Date for libel trial to resume

Post  chrissie on Fri 13 Jun - 10:55

 

chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3279
Age : 55
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Date for libel trial to resume

Post  kathybelle on Fri 13 Jun - 10:57

Karen wrote:With special thanks to haroldd2 Jill Havern site   

According to this article published less than an hour ago on the Mirror's website, the McCanns are going to appear in court next week in the libel case.

Apparently "The couple won the latest round in their long legal battle to silence ex-police chief Goncalo Amaral - who claims they were responsible for Madeleine's death." (Their demand for £1million is only mentioned much further on.)

Moreover, "The pair will describe how the cruel and malicious lies from Amaral have caused them unnecessary grief and hampered the search for Madeleine."

You wouldn't be able to say that in a British newspaper if the libel case were in England.

And it gets more ridiculous. "They have both been granted permission to give emotional statements in a Lisbon court on Monday." (Really?)

"Kate, 46, and Gerry, 45, learned they will be allowed to speak in court shortly after they told of their renewed hope that their daughter could still be alive."

So it is looking as if the latest dig effort may have been to help with their PR. Either that or they will feel the strong arm of the law when they go to Portugal. I dearly hope it's the latter but think that's unlikely.

"A source close to the McCanns said: 'Finally it looks like drawing to a close and they are hopeful they can win the case.'"

"'They both want to see an end to it. The poisonous lies said against Kate and Gerry have caused them great distress and have hindered the search for Madeleine.'"

"'It will be the final stage of the trial and there is not expected to be any cross examination.'"

So the man they've taken to court and are demanding £1million from won't get, or won't want, a chance to test their personal evidence against him? And nor will the judge? Really?

"Kate and Gerry have applied to give declarations, the court has now agreed and they have been asked to be present in person on Monday."

"They will describe the impact that Mr Amaral's comments have had on them and the wider family."

"The judge will listen, assess it and retire to consider a verdict. It is the final stage of the court procedure but judgement will be reserved."

Thank you for posting a copy of haroldd2's post Karen.  

kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Age : 70
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Date for libel trial to resume

Post  Sponsored content Today at 18:15


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum