Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Sky Reporter outside Court gives update

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Sky Reporter outside Court gives update

Post  Panda on Mon 16 Jun - 13:06

Gerry McCann said: "Today is a blatant and cynical attempt to wear us down.

"The hearing has been cancelled once again at Mr Amaral's request. This is the fourth time that this has happened and we've travelled to Portugal."

Is this true? I don't remember this being the 4th time.!!!

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Sky Reporter outside Court gives update

Post  almostgothic on Mon 16 Jun - 13:15

kitti wrote:
KM has just said on TV  'everytime we come here we have to make arrangements for someone to look after the kids'
Oh my.
That's the kind of industrial strength irony that could only come from someone who doesn't understand irony.

almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Location : Lost in the barrio
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Sky Reporter outside Court gives update

Post  weissnicht on Mon 16 Jun - 13:17

mccann are spouting bigger smellier shite than ever. Bloody unreal.

weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 810
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Sky Reporter outside Court gives update

Post  weissnicht on Mon 16 Jun - 13:19

Panda wrote:Gerry McCann said: "Today is a blatant and cynical attempt to wear us down.

"The hearing has been cancelled once again at Mr Amaral's request. This is the fourth time that this has happened and we've travelled to Portugal."

Is this true? I don't remember this being the 4th time.!!!
mccann themself have postponed it many times and wanted to postpone it this time until September. They are spiting shite. They are so full of hate, it's scary.


Last edited by weissnicht on Mon 16 Jun - 13:21; edited 1 time in total

weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 810
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Sky Reporter outside Court gives update

Post  almostgothic on Mon 16 Jun - 13:20

Chris wrote:
kitti wrote:
KM has just said on TV  'everytime we come here we have to make arrangements for someone to look after the kids'




They could off flown out early this morning and flown out late afternoon.


Instead they come in two days earlier for a freebie....

It is a disgrace that Mr Amaral should engage in this legal action and force the parents to attend a court in Portugal ..... Oh wait a minute....

Quite!
THEY chose to play football on his pitch. THEY have given him home advantage!

almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Location : Lost in the barrio
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Sky Reporter outside Court gives update

Post  dutchclogs on Mon 16 Jun - 13:21

wjk wrote:Sky news reporting the McCanns looking distressed sat in the corridor!    GOOD!

GOOD I like them feeling distressed,and to gerry and kate   

dutchclogs
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1062
Age : 61
Location : Scotland/Nertherlands
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Sky Reporter outside Court gives update

Post  almostgothic on Mon 16 Jun - 13:23

Roasted Arizona wrote:Ha ha love it at the end ...Gerry says 'we're not speaking to Mr Amaral' and walks off like a petulant child   

Did he do one of these?  ----->   

almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Location : Lost in the barrio
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Sky Reporter outside Court gives update

Post  Panda on Mon 16 Jun - 13:30

Hot off the Press sky News Reporter outside the Courthouse.

1. Amaral sacked his Legal team ....was this a stalling tactic?

2. New Hearings planned for 8th and possibly 10th July.

3. Amaral has written a second book...." English something.....could this be the reason today's hearing is cancelled, to give time for the book to be sold while there is no restriction ?

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Sky Reporter outside Court gives update

Post  wjk on Mon 16 Jun - 13:36

Panda wrote:Hot off the Press sky News Reporter outside the Courthouse.

1. Amaral sacked his Legal team ....was this a stalling tactic?

2. New Hearings planned for 8th and possibly 10th July.

3. Amaral has written a second book...." English something.....could this be the reason today's hearing is cancelled, to give time for the book to be sold while there is no restriction ?

The English Gag. Its been for a while now.

wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7812
Age : 51
Location : Manchester
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Sky Reporter outside Court gives update

Post  fred on Mon 16 Jun - 13:40

wjk wrote:
Panda wrote:Hot off the Press sky News Reporter outside the Courthouse.

1. Amaral sacked his Legal team ....was this a stalling tactic?

2. New Hearings planned for 8th and possibly 10th July.

3. Amaral has written a second book...." English something.....could this be the reason today's hearing is cancelled, to give time for the book to be sold while there is no restriction ?

The English Gag. Its been for a while now.

2009 was the first publication.

fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4824
Location : Dining in my back garden
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Sky Reporter outside Court gives update

Post  Panda on Mon 16 Jun - 13:44

wjk wrote:
Panda wrote:Hot off the Press sky News Reporter outside the Courthouse.

1. Amaral sacked his Legal team ....was this a stalling tactic?

2. New Hearings planned for 8th and possibly 10th July.

3. Amaral has written a second book...." English something.....could this be the reason today's hearing is cancelled, to give time for the book to be sold while there is no restriction ?

The English Gag. Its been for a while now.

Thanks wjk, is it available in English?

I wonder why he sacked his Legal Team at the last minute ? He's not going to win friends and influence people in the Portugese Legal system, another case could have been heard today.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Sky Reporter outside Court gives update

Post  Claudia79 on Mon 16 Jun - 13:48

Awww, so the McCanns are pissed off? What a shame!   

Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7004
Age : 37
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Sky Reporter outside Court gives update

Post  LJC on Mon 16 Jun - 13:53

I think the Courts get used to things like this - it probably happens more than we all realise.

It will only be the McCanns who are upset.

If the Judge was upset the Judge would have made comments in that regard, or ordered the case go ahead in Mr Amaral's absence and/or without him having legal representation. I think those were the options available to the Judge.

However, the Judge has ordered a date re-fix to 8th July with McCanns reading out their impact statements on 10th July.




LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Sky Reporter outside Court gives update

Post  mossman on Mon 16 Jun - 13:57

Were the other defendants and their lawyers in court today ?

mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Sky Reporter outside Court gives update

Post  Panda on Mon 16 Jun - 13:59

fred wrote:
wjk wrote:
Panda wrote:Hot off the Press sky News Reporter outside the Courthouse.

1. Amaral sacked his Legal team ....was this a stalling tactic?

2. New Hearings planned for 8th and possibly 10th July.

3. Amaral has written a second book...." English something.....could this be the reason today's hearing is cancelled, to give time for the book to be sold while there is no restriction ?

The English Gag. Its been for a while now.

2009 was the first publication.

Thanks fred, well I suspect sales have dried up after all this time.  

I do wonder what the real reason is for cancelling the hearing today. Another case could have been heard today and this last minute cancellation , if just to put one over on the McCanns is very childish, not just the Judge , but the Court Assistants would have been in the building by then. The only thing I can think is that having 3 weeks delay , he is waiting to see if SY use that time to continue to dig . If they don't , the recent dig could be seen as evidence by SY that she is not dead which the McCanns were quick to adopt.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Sky Reporter outside Court gives update

Post  jassi on Mon 16 Jun - 14:04

Panda wrote:
fred wrote:
wjk wrote:
Panda wrote:Hot off the Press sky News Reporter outside the Courthouse.

1. Amaral sacked his Legal team ....was this a stalling tactic?

2. New Hearings planned for 8th and possibly 10th July.

3. Amaral has written a second book...." English something.....could this be the reason today's hearing is cancelled, to give time for the book to be sold while there is no restriction ?

The English Gag. Its been for a while now.

2009 was the first publication.

Thanks fred, well I suspect sales have dried up after all this time.  

I do wonder what the real reason is for cancelling the hearing today. Another case  could have been heard today and this last minute cancellation , if just to put one over on the McCanns is very childish, not just the Judge , but the Court Assistants would have been in the building by then. The only thing I can think is that having 3 weeks delay , he is waiting to see if SY use that time to continue to dig . If they don't , the recent dig could  be seen as evidence by SY that  she is not dead which the McCanns were quick to adopt.

Which, of course, it isn't. All they have demonstrated is that her body is not where they have looked.

jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 911
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Sky Reporter outside Court gives update

Post  Panda on Mon 16 Jun - 14:05

mossman wrote:Were the other defendants and their lawyers in court today ?

I don't know mossman,but remember on the last day of the hearing 3 witnesses for Amaral did not show up or were cancelled by him. Had they done so , maybe the case could have been closed sooner. Amaral doesn't seem very organised does he, considering E1.2 million is at stake.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Sky Reporter outside Court gives update

Post  LJC on Mon 16 Jun - 14:08

mossman wrote:Were the other defendants and their lawyers in court today ?

Good question. No idea really. I thought it was only to do with the book but yes its to do with other media individuals as well who broadcast programmes based on the book presumably. I have only heard it was Mr Amaral who didn't show up for Court today, having sacked his legal team early this morning.

Panda, for another case to be heard in place of this case would require weeks of notice I would think.

LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Sky Reporter outside Court gives update

Post  mossman on Mon 16 Jun - 14:18

Witnesses not being available is par for the course in law courts. They are merely witnesses who have other things in life to get on with. It's usual to ensure they are available for the first scheduled date, but if those dates change then leeway is given. One witness was on his honeymoon for example, I don't think he should be expected to cancel that.

Personally, no I don't think he is disorganised. I have no idea what is going on but I believe he is an honest, open individal who would not have taken this course if action without very, very good reason.

The McCanns can say what they want but it will not change the question before the court - did his book harm the search and cause 1m euros with of distress to the McCanns. The judge will deal with anything she considers delay tactics etc as an aside, but distress today because Amaral fired his lawyer will have to be the subject of their next lawsuit.

It's time Gerry and Kate realised Portugal does not revolve aroun them. Judging by todays speech, it might just be starting to dawn on them.


mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Sky Reporter outside Court gives update

Post  Panda on Mon 16 Jun - 14:21

jassi wrote:
Panda wrote:
fred wrote:
wjk wrote:
Panda wrote:Hot off the Press sky News Reporter outside the Courthouse.

1. Amaral sacked his Legal team ....was this a stalling tactic?

2. New Hearings planned for 8th and possibly 10th July.

3. Amaral has written a second book...." English something.....could this be the reason today's hearing is cancelled, to give time for the book to be sold while there is no restriction ?

The English Gag. Its been for a while now.

2009 was the first publication.

Thanks fred, well I suspect sales have dried up after all this time.  

I do wonder what the real reason is for cancelling the hearing today. Another case  could have been heard today and this last minute cancellation , if just to put one over on the McCanns is very childish, not just the Judge , but the Court Assistants would have been in the building by then. The only thing I can think is that having 3 weeks delay , he is waiting to see if SY use that time to continue to dig . If they don't , the recent dig could  be seen as evidence by SY that  she is not dead which the McCanns were quick to adopt.

Which, of course, it isn't. All they have demonstrated is that her body is not where they have looked.

Hi jassi it has taken 5 years to process this case..... Bl***y ridiculous. If as the McCanns say, it has been postponed 4 times ,

1. When a Judge gave the both Parties a few months to try to reach agreement out of Court.

2. when the case first started and the Judge had to take time off because her child was ill.

3. When Amaral had to get written evidence that Madeleine was still a Ward of Court.

4. When the 17th January hearing was cancelled without a reason given, but whether 3 Witnesses for Amaral never showed for what reason I don't know.

All a very laid back approach by the Portugese wouldn't you say??  

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Sky Reporter outside Court gives update

Post  Panda on Mon 16 Jun - 14:25

LJC wrote:
mossman wrote:Were the other defendants and their lawyers in court today ?

Good question.  No idea really.  I thought it was only to do with the book but yes its to do with other media individuals as well who broadcast programmes based on the book presumably.  I have only heard it was Mr Amaral who didn't show up for Court today, having sacked his legal team early this morning.

Panda, for another case to be heard in place of this case would require weeks of notice I would think.  

Yes, I realise that now, all the more reason for everyone involved to ensure the case will run smoothly.

mossman, where i live , if you don't show up as a Witness and cannot provide evidence as to why, or cancel as early as possible before the Trial, you are fined.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Sky Reporter outside Court gives update

Post  Ireland on Mon 16 Jun - 14:38

Panda wrote:
mossman wrote:“@parapono: the #mccann are still sitting on their bench in the hall. Gerry is waving with a stack of papers, must be hot or nervous. Learned it b heart”

Amaral has a lot of trouble with Lawyers, this is his 3rd I believe.!!!! Duarte has pointed out, quite justifiably, that the McCanns  have spent a lot of time and money and that the Trial should go on, I think it will.

Why has Goncalo's arrangements agitated you so much, and whose side are you on?

"Duarte has pointed out, quite justifiably, that the McCanns have spent a lot of time and money" what is justifiable about the McCann's spending monies from lying and cheating, and after all not one penny from their money was ever used.

Ireland
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 141
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Sky Reporter outside Court gives update

Post  Panda on Mon 16 Jun - 14:49

Ireland wrote:
Panda wrote:
mossman wrote:“@parapono: the #mccann are still sitting on their bench in the hall. Gerry is waving with a stack of papers, must be hot or nervous. Learned it b heart”

Amaral has a lot of trouble with Lawyers, this is his 3rd I believe.!!!! Duarte has pointed out, quite justifiably, that the McCanns  have spent a lot of time and money and that the Trial should go on, I think it will.

Why has Goncalo's arrangements agitated you so much, and whose side are you on?

"Duarte has pointed out, quite justifiably, that the McCanns have spent a lot of time and money"  what is justifiable about the McCann's spending monies from lying and cheating, and after all not one penny from their money was ever used.

Sorry Ireland,I don't share the Forum's love affair with Amaral . He too has made a fortune from Madeleine , was sacked from his job, yet you all think he is some kind of Crusader.That is my opinion to which I am entitled and I don't want to have to defend myself here.

As for the McCanns, I agree and have worked to try to get Justice for Madeleine , but seem to be the only one who actually does anything.


Last edited by Panda on Mon 16 Jun - 14:54; edited 1 time in total

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Sky Reporter outside Court gives update

Post  Ireland on Mon 16 Jun - 14:51

Of course the McCann's are paragons of virtue, never having made a penny from Madeleine. I know who I would chose.

Ireland
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 141
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Sky Reporter outside Court gives update

Post  Panda on Mon 16 Jun - 14:56

Ireland wrote:Of course the McCann's are paragons of virtue, never having made a penny from Madeleine. I know who I would chose.

Did I suggest that?....I don't think so.!!

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Sky Reporter outside Court gives update

Post  Sponsored content Today at 13:16


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum