Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another book

+6
weissnicht
wantthetruth
James
pennylane
malena stool
fred
10 posters

Go down

Another book Empty Another book

Post  fred Sat 26 Jul - 9:04

fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :
Another book Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Another book Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Another book Empty Re: Another book

Post  pennylane Sat 26 Jul - 9:53

fred wrote:http://patbrownprofiling.blogspot.pt/2014/07/why-i-knew-anthony-summers-book-on.html

First I've heard of it, but bet Pat is correct.

Oh for sure Fred. Pat Brown is spot on again, and can spot a con a mile off!
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sat 26 Jul - 10:41

I expect the McCanns will be getting their tuppenceworth from the next proposed chapter of 'find the body and prove we killed her'....
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Sat 26 Jul - 10:48

The last line of the Amazon blurb on this book says it all:

Speculation that the McCanns played a role in their daughter's fate, the authors demonstrate, is unfounded.

Suffice it to say that it won't be found anywhere on my bookshelves.

Seven years ago I decided once and for all that if I was forced to live in a world where all the clocks strike thirteen and lies are constantly peddled as truth, then I was damn well going to have my say too.
(Long live the internet).

A book is a product like any other in any shop. If you don't like the product, don't buy it.
Hit them where it hurts the most - in their bank accounts.

I've not been a fan of PB's blogs of late, but it's a savage irony that this pro-McCann book will be available through Amazon - yes folks the very same Amazon which banned PB's book from sale on their site on direct orders from the McCanns. They bent over for the dodgy parents without a whimper.
That's why I'll never be a customer of Amazon either.
Boycott. Boycott. Boycott. It's the only language the McCann sycophants with products for sale will understand.
I've been doing it for seven years - I've saved a fair few quid and I can hold my head up high.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Sat 26 Jul - 12:04

"Speculation that the McCanns played a role in their daughter's fate, the authors demonstrate, is unfounded."

EQUALLY:

Speculation that the McCanns did NOT play a role in their daughter's fate, the authors should demonstrate, is also unfounded.
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Sat 26 Jul - 12:12

jeanmonroe wrote:"Speculation that the McCanns played a role in their daughter's fate, the authors demonstrate, is unfounded."

EQUALLY:

Speculation that the McCanns did NOT play a role in their daughter's fate, the authors should demonstrate, is also unfounded.

just like to add a bit more home truth.....

Speculation that the disgraced parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, did NOT play a role in their daughter's fate, the authors should demonstrate, is also unfounded.
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  James Sat 26 Jul - 16:00

Will all the royalties from this book be donated to the Fund?!!!!!
James
James
Reg Member
Reg Member

Male
Number of posts : 155
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 26 Jul - 16:10

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Summers

He has certainly dealt with some other big stories before though I've never heard of him until now.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  James Sat 26 Jul - 18:15

The Amazon blurb states that the authors have:

read the Portuguese police files
conducted in depth interviews (Pat Brown believes 3 McCanns co-operated but is not sure who)
carried out independent research

yet the blurb also states that the belief that the parents were involved with madeleine's fate is 'unfounded' - if they had just read the police files how could such experienced authors come to that conclusion?

Perhaps the Drs McCann did agree to a detailed interview but an experienced author would have to interview others to get a balanced perspective. The authors surely should also have spoken to Sr Amaral, Pat Brown, Tony Bennett to name but a few. And interviews with the Tapas friends might have helped.
James
James
Reg Member
Reg Member

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Sat 26 Jul - 19:04

Spot on, James.
If the book is as independent and objective as its description on Amazon, then it ain't worth cat litter.

I await the reviews in September to see who else. in terms of primary sources, has cooperated (apart from three assorted McCanns).
And also to see how secondary source material has been utilised - non-discriminatory or cherry-picked?
Will Martin Grime's work with the dogs be mentioned? Or Mark Harrison's recommendations? Or those of Lee Rainbow? These are just a few on my checklist. I'm not holding my breath ......
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  James Sat 26 Jul - 19:16

almostgothic wrote:Spot on, James.
If the book is as independent and objective as its description on Amazon, then it ain't worth cat litter.

I await the reviews in September to see who else. in terms of primary sources, has cooperated (apart from three assorted McCanns).
And also to see how secondary source material has been utilised - non-discriminatory or cherry-picked?
Will Martin Grime's work with the dogs be mentioned? Or Mark Harrison's recommendations? Or those of Lee Rainbow? These are just a few on my checklist. I'm not holding my breath ......

yes your point about secondary source material is interesting. Pat brown was asked for permission to use some quotes but worried that the quotes could be selectively used; she couldn't understand why the authors did not want an interview. The report by the accountant on the Fund would be relevant secondary source material but I suspect the authors have not even read it. I hope I am wrong.

Pat says the authors have interviewed 2 or 3 McCanns. Well it can't have been Sean and Amelie (age 2 in May 2007) so it must have been Kate, Gerry, John or Philomena. Or are there more McCanns? But as only Kate and gerry were there at the time Madeleine vanished, interviews with Gerry's siblings are surely of limited relevance?
James
James
Reg Member
Reg Member

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 26 Jul - 19:42

Interviews with relatives who weren't there doesn't seem of great use, I must admit - not of course that you'd get the truth from those who were.

There are two other sisters, Trisha and Jackie (the latter appears to be the sensible one of the family and has kept out of the whole mess) and Gerry's mother Eileen.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Another book Empty Book blurbs

Post  James Sun 27 Jul - 10:33

I've been thinking about the blurb on the Summers book.

The blurb on any book is to get a potential reader so interested they buy the book. The blurb does not give away the ending, it may hint strongly at the ending, but it doesn't give it because this removes the main reason to buy.

Now the blurb for the Summers book categorically states that the authors found that the suspicions regarding parental involvement were unfounded. This potentially loses the publishers many many sales. It particularly loses sales from those who have followed the case and read the police files because it appears that the authors were not independent. I mean, how could the authors who were not there and who have (apparently) not spoken to key people like Sr Amaral who believe the parents were involved, categorically state that the parents had no involvement especially given the mountain of evidence indicating otherwise like the dogs, statement discrepancies, setting up the Fund so soon, not co-operating with the police etc

What will reviewers in the media make of this book? As its unlikely any reviewer would have the background knowledge to review it properly, I'm not hopeful of objective reviews.

But I suppose we can all post our own reviews on Amazon, assuming Amazon won't censor them!
James
James
Reg Member
Reg Member

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 27 Jul - 11:16

Yes, it certainly doesn't make me want to read it!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Sun 27 Jul - 12:02

Imagine an Agatha Christie book being previewed today and announcing that the butler didn't do it!

It is such an extraordinary thing to say by those who presumably want the book to sell.
This is leading me to suspect that this book wasn't meant for the likes of us anyway.
Which in turn makes me think that it is for those who haven't studied the case in any depth and rely on the MSM for their opinions.
But then one has to ask 'why?' Is this just another attempt to sway the court of public opinion - or at least keep the waverers 'on side'? A deliberate PR exercise?
Oh hell, my conspiracy hat has just floated off the hatstand and landed on my head.
The Lisbon damages trial, as we heard recently, will not resume until, at the very least, September.
The book launch will take place in ... err ... September.
Begone hat, begone!

Maybe I'm still naive enough to want to believe that a book results from an author's inspiration, creativity and honest toil. Even if I don't believe in that author's conclusions.
I don't want to believe that it didn't begin with a tabula rasa but (heaven forfend) a preconceived stance cooked up in a back room in an office somewhere for the vicarious benefit of others.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wantthetruth Sun 27 Jul - 12:09

Definitely on the 'avoid' list.
wantthetruth
wantthetruth
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 934
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  weissnicht Mon 28 Jul - 10:23

James wrote:Will all the royalties from this book be donated to the Fund?!!!!!
hmm...if not. mccanns and their supporters should be livid by now. Usually UK papers are SCREAMING 'k8 and gerry are furious on this new money making book' and their cult would be all over twitter doing the same.
....or........is this book an exception? If so...why  Another book 738116 
weissnicht
weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 851
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Mon 28 Jul - 11:23

One thing is for sure - if there has been McCann family involvement in this book, that would not have happened unless they were certain that its conclusions were favourable to THEM.

It seems that as well as PB, other prominent dissenters have been contacted too.
This JH thread is an interesting read:

http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t10107-looking-for-madeleine-by-anthony-summers-and-robbyn-swan-my-response-to-their-enquiries

And what is really interesting is that, in Robbyn Swan's correspondence requesting info from TB, at no point does she mention that she had been co-authoring a book with her husband about the McCann case, merely describing herself as 'a journalist'.
Make of that what you will ......
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Mon 28 Jul - 15:26

almostgothic wrote:One thing is for sure - if there has been McCann family involvement in this book, that would not have happened unless they were certain that its conclusions were favourable to THEM.

It seems that as well as PB, other prominent dissenters have been contacted too.
This JH thread is an interesting read:

http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t10107-looking-for-madeleine-by-anthony-summers-and-robbyn-swan-my-response-to-their-enquiries

And what is really interesting is that, in Robbyn Swan's correspondence requesting info from TB, at no point does she mention that she had been co-authoring a book with her husband about the McCann case, merely describing herself as 'a journalist'.

requesting info from TB, PB.

Seriously?

Two journos, engrossed in MM 'mystery' hadn't heard of McCannfiles and Pamalam?

Just four months ago, they didn't KNOW, when the 'story' has been 'running' 7 YEARS!

Oh please!

Entrapment?

Last edited by jeanmonroe on Mon 28 Jul - 15:57; edited 1 time in total
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Mon 28 Jul - 15:42

PB was told by AS, when asking for permission to use some of her quotes, that they would be put into his book.
TB, when RS corresponded with him, was never even told that there was going to be a book.

ETA - RS's list of questions to TB seem to be mostly about HIM.

Hmm ...

Last edited by almostgothic on Tue 29 Jul - 7:54; edited 1 time in total
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Mon 28 Jul - 16:11

'bewk' info from McCann 'sauces'?

"so, Auntie Phil, what did you 'find' when you went out desperately searching fo your darling wee, abducted,  niece, Madeleine in PDL?"

"Who fookin teld ya i went 'searching'? I had a few weeks by the pool, and freebie dinners at the OC, but i dinna do nae searching. Kate would not give me her laptop, otherwise i would have done a quick online search for wee Madeleine. They, Gerry and Kate, KNOW where she is and who she's with, like i said in my youtube video."

"Searching? Who you fookin trying to kid?
"Put me down for a three week, all expenses paid, 'family search' in DisneyWorld, Florida, if there's a sighting THERE, ok?"

"Are you nae gonna eat that family size pork pie?"
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Mon 28 Jul - 19:18

Thanks to "jeanmonroe" for bringing us Auntie Phil's comments (LOL) I wonder how the authors will handle the 48 questions that Kate refused to answer when she was questioned about Madeleine's disappearance. I don't want to hear that her refusal was based on her lawyer's advice.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Mon 4 Aug - 16:41

"Looking for Madeleine" is being described as the "first independent objective account" written after interviewing McCann family members, hardly "independent" sources of information. It will definitely not be on my Christmas wish list; I'll stick with Mr. Amaral's book which is based on the official files of the investigation into Madeleine's disappearance. The mystery remains unsolved; how can the authors of this latest book claim it is an "objective" account while relying on information from family members who know that Madeleine and the twins were left alone night after night by two doctors whose careers and reputations were at stake should it be discovered that they were responsible for her "disappearance".
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Mon 4 Aug - 18:13

This appeared on Twitter today:

Summers & Swan @summersandswan  ·  13h
Our new book, Looking for Madeleine, isn't yet out. Hope all those #mccann interested will actually read it before they make up their minds.

Most people's minds are already made up.
Because of this:

"Speculation that the McCanns played a role in their daughter's fate, the authors demonstrate, is unfounded."

And the fact that it would not be published in an English language version without 100% Team McCann approval. The publishers must know they are not going to be sued over this one.

But hey, if you need a clincher, here it is:

deborah butler @IWILLNOTGOAWAY  ·  9h
@PORTUGALONLINE @PinkChimp3265 @summersandswan Note @mitch_1uk - #mccann spokesperson follows them

Pink Chimp ‏@PinkChimp3265 9h
@IWILLNOTGOAWAY @PORTUGALONLINE @summersandswan @mitch_1uk Oh what a giveaway! #mccann #tickled_Pink

Quite ......
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Mon 4 Aug - 18:45

I hope I'm wrong, but this book can be filed away with the other really truthful book written by Kate McCann. Two truthful books in the fiction section. A waste of trees and paper, IMO.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content