Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Violent husband jailed for murder

Go down

Violent husband jailed for murder Empty Violent husband jailed for murder

Post  Guest Sat 7 Mar - 16:16

A cheating husband who had repeatedly attacked his wife has been jailed for life for murdering her.

Malik Mannan, 36, must serve at least 17 years for stabbing Sabina Akhtar, 26, through the heart at their home in Longsight, Manchester.

Mannan also attacked his mistress, with whom he had two children.

The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) has apologised for not charging him for breaching orders to stay away from Mrs Akhtar.

Mrs Akhtar's uncle said his niece would still be alive if her husband had been charged after being arrested for a second time.

The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) has said it will apologise to Mrs Akhtar's family, because it was wrong not to charge Mannan earlier.

The couple had an arranged marriage in Bangladesh in 2003.

When a pregnant Mrs Akhtar joined her husband in England, she found out about his mistress.

The court was told Mannan was violent towards both women.

Prosecutor Paul Reid QC said Mrs Akhtar contacted police two months before her death and told them her husband had assaulted her 25 times.

He would squeeze her windpipe when they were arguing and made at least three threats to kill her.

'I will slaughter you'

In July last year he told her to prepare for her final hour by reading passages from the Koran and said: "I am going to get a knife and when I return I am going to slaughter you."

After Mannan's final attack on 11 September he made arrangements to flee to Bangladesh, but was arrested the next day.

Mr Justice Maddison told Mannan that his wife lived in fear of him.

He said: "In her final days she was not only terrified of you but specifically terrified that she would die at your hands, as indeed she did."

The judge said Mrs Akhtar's discovery of her husband's double life had contributed to a volatile and unpredictable relationship.

Senior Investigating Officer Dave Hickey of Greater Manchester Police (GMP) said Mannan's attack on his wife was "an example of domestic abuse at its most horrific".

'Simply negligence'

Mrs Akhtar's uncle, Reaz Talukder, speaking outside court, said: "Sabina was loved very dearly by all of her family members and friends.

"She was a brave woman and was devoted to her only son who is now under foster carers.

"Sabina's parents blamed the Crown Prosecution Service for their wrong decision not to charge Malik Mannan at an earlier stage.

"This was simply negligence."

The Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) said that in light of the CPS apology, it would not pursue an investigation into Greater Manchester Police's handling of the matter.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Violent husband jailed for murder Empty Re: Violent husband jailed for murder

Post  Guest Sat 7 Mar - 16:18

Violent husband jailed for murder _45539451_mannan_226
Malik Mannan repeatedly breached his bail conditions

Violent husband jailed for murder _45017877_sabina226
Sabina Akhtar was stabbed through the heart by her husband

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/manchester/7928019.stm
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  pm Sat 7 Mar - 16:27

i hope somone on jail be violent with him ...daily

i know is not a good thing to say and wish but that´s what these kind of people need

RIP lady, you are now free of that monster
pm
pm
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4300
Location : Cave of the MOUNTAIN OF THE 3RD WORLD - PORTUGAL - St Gerald i am sending your goats to you again
Warning :
Violent husband jailed for murder Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Violent husband jailed for murder Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 7 Mar - 17:52

What a bastard! Let's hope someone squeezes his windpipe.

RIP Sabrina x
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 8 Mar - 19:43

eddie wrote:What a bastard! Let's hope someone squeezes his windpipe.

RIP Sabrina x

They should bring back the death penalty for cases like these Violent husband jailed for murder 816281
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down