Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm allergic to Marmite!

2 posters

Go down

I'm allergic to Marmite!  Empty I'm allergic to Marmite!

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 2 Aug - 10:24

When I accompanied someone recently to see a neurologist, I discovered that my strange visual disturbances were known as "silent migraines." That's when you get the visual disturbances, but no headache.

This was quite serendipitous since I had recently gone from having one or two of these a year to having them almost every day. On Googling this phenomenon, I discovered that lots of people seemed to have them due to reactions to certain foods and three foods came up a lot: coffee, chocolate and Marmite. I decided to list these three in the order in which I would least mind losing them from my diet. So, it was Marmite, chocolate and coffee in that order. Coincidentally, I had started eating Marmite on toast every day after a long spell without it. So, I cut out the Marmite and no more silent migraine!

Thank goodness I can keep my chocolate and coffee!!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
I'm allergic to Marmite!  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100I'm allergic to Marmite!  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

I'm allergic to Marmite!  Empty Re: I'm allergic to Marmite!

Post  Guest Sat 2 Aug - 10:28

I have never heard of that one, but thank goodness you found out!
My son is allergic to tomatoes, my friend is allergic to pineapple (so no sweet-and-sour in our house!) and I am allergic to crab and okra! How can you be allergic to okra! I haven't ever eaten it, I can't even touch it. My hands and fingers come up in a terrible scratchy rash.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 2 Aug - 10:36

Iris wrote:I have never heard of that one, but thank goodness you found out!
My son is allergic to tomatoes, my friend is allergic to pineapple (so no sweet-and-sour in our house!) and I am allergic to crab and okra!  How can you be allergic to okra!  I haven't ever eaten it, I can't even touch it. My hands and fingers come up in a terrible scratchy rash.

Amazing luck, Iris. I was just sitting there accompanying the client and the neurologist was describing different forms of migraine. I had always wondered if what I had been experiencing could be called migraine and this was the explanation I needed, purely by chance.

My three-year-old grandson is allergic to pineapple and nuts and has to have an EpiPen in his bag when he goes anywhere. Two assistants at his nursery have been trained to use it.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
I'm allergic to Marmite!  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100I'm allergic to Marmite!  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Sun 3 Aug - 20:27

Anna you are lucky that you were able to work that out so quickly and keep your chocolate and coffee.

Iris, tomatoes are in amongst the 'nightshade' family.I think i am allergic to something but just cant work it out.

This is an interesting article...

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=george&dbid=62
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum