Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UK donations to Gaza reach £4,5 million in less than 24 hours

+3
joyce1938
AnnaEsse
wantthetruth
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

UK donations to Gaza reach £4,5 million in less than 24 hours Empty UK donations to Gaza reach £4,5 million in less than 24 hours

Post  Panda Sat 9 Aug - 13:34

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28715052

Also, the UK Government is sending a team of NHS experts.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
UK donations to Gaza reach £4,5 million in less than 24 hours Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100UK donations to Gaza reach £4,5 million in less than 24 hours Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

UK donations to Gaza reach £4,5 million in less than 24 hours Empty Re: UK donations to Gaza reach £4,5 million in less than 24 hours

Post  Guest Sat 9 Aug - 13:53

Excellent, that should purchase quite a few Kassam and Grad rockets to shoot at innocent Israelis, now the ceasefire is over.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

UK donations to Gaza reach £4,5 million in less than 24 hours Empty Re: UK donations to Gaza reach £4,5 million in less than 24 hours

Post  Guest Sat 9 Aug - 13:55

I do hope these NHS experts aren't going to be based in one of the hospitals that Hamas is using for it's headquarters.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  wantthetruth Sat 9 Aug - 13:57

It's heartwarming to see how people are giving generously to help the innocents caught up in this dreadful conflict. I saw the appeal last night and was in tears.
wantthetruth
wantthetruth
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 934
Warning :
UK donations to Gaza reach £4,5 million in less than 24 hours Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100UK donations to Gaza reach £4,5 million in less than 24 hours Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 9 Aug - 14:53

Yes wantthetruth , who can not but feel for the People in Gaza, they are virtually living in rubble. The Government is having food and water dropped from aircraft. Politics don't enter into this, it is humanity which the British have always shown ..
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 9 Aug - 14:56

Iris wrote:I do hope these NHS experts aren't going to be based in one of the hospitals that Hamas is using for it's headquarters.

I'm just hoping that if the NHS people are based in one of those hospitals, that Hamas will move out so that the money donated can be used to treat the sick and injured.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 9 Aug - 15:01

Gaza is already one of the most bankrolled places on the surface of this planet. I really do fail to see how chucking even more money at it will help. I do agree that practical help, like medical personnel, may be of use, provided they are allowed to actually do their jobs and not be intimidated or threatened by Hamas forces, as has happened in the past.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 9 Aug - 15:26

Iris wrote:Gaza is already one of the most bankrolled places on the surface of this planet.  I really do fail to see how chucking even more money at it will help.  I do agree that practical help, like medical personnel, may be of use, provided they are allowed to actually do their jobs and not be intimidated or threatened by Hamas forces, as has happened in the past.

Yes, with all the money that gets poured into Gaza from various sources, I find it quite amazing that they ran out of basic medical supplies so quickly.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sat 9 Aug - 15:56

AnnaEsse wrote:
Iris wrote:Gaza is already one of the most bankrolled places on the surface of this planet.  I really do fail to see how chucking even more money at it will help.  I do agree that practical help, like medical personnel, may be of use, provided they are allowed to actually do their jobs and not be intimidated or threatened by Hamas forces, as has happened in the past.

Yes, with all the money that gets poured into Gaza from various sources, I find it quite amazing that they ran out of basic medical supplies so quickly.
If it comes to a choice between food for the masses and ordnance to fire off at Israel?.... We know the answer to that...
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

UK donations to Gaza reach £4,5 million in less than 24 hours Empty A massive rally in London

Post  Panda Sat 9 Aug - 16:35

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28715052

It's heartwarmg to see how the population is showing it's generosity and concern about what is going on in Gaza, Nursing staff and doctors are being sent to help the wounded.

I just watched an interview with an Israeli Official and he was asked some really searching questions , like "why is Israel not interested in a meeting , only a temporary cease fire" and the best one was when he tried to explain how the rockets being rained in Israel made a meeting impossible . The question asked was "How does that really affect you because you have the Dome " enough said . There are two sides to every
story .

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 9 Aug - 16:48

Would he prefer them to switch the Dome off then, just to even things out a bit?  It's okay to keep firing rockets because they have protection?  Even though it doesn't always work?  What about the tunnels and suicide bombers and nutters driving JCBs?  What kind of an imbecilic question was that, from somebody who should know A LOT better?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sat 9 Aug - 16:56

Why is Israel wrong to spend money on protecting its people?
The other side of the question should be: Why does Hamas spend donated millions of £ and $ on rockets and tunnels instead of food, medicine and improving the lives of the people they purport to represent?
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Sat 9 Aug - 17:22

Panda wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28715052

It's heartwarmg to see how the population  is showing it's generosity and concern about what is going on in Gaza, Nursing staff and doctors are being sent to help the wounded.

I just watched an interview with an Israeli Official and he was asked some really searching questions , like "why is Israel not interested in a meeting , only a temporary cease fire" and the best one was when he tried to explain how the rockets being rained in Israel made a  meeting impossible . The question asked was "How does that really affect you because you have the Dome " enough said . There are two sides to every
story .

I saw that interview, Paula Middlehurst from Sky was the one asking the questions. She asked if he thought it was an asymmetrical war as Israel had the dome and his (Mark Regev) answer was, "when rockets come over, sirens go off and Israelis have to go to shelters and why should they have to live like that. Hamas are terrorists and that is what they are doing to Israelis, terrorizing them. We will take care of our population".
Well said, that man. Pity Hamas don't spend all their money on their own population instead of rockets to fire at innocent Israelis!

wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 9 Aug - 17:34

This £4.5 million will be poured into Gaza and won't make one iota of difference. I've no doubt that people think they are genuinely helping, but it is a futile gesture and will help nobody. Might as well just pour the money down a big black hole. Because nothing fundamental will change.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 10 Aug - 8:46

Your'e right Iris, nothing will change as long as Israel refuses to talk about opening the trade route for Gaza and stops targetting Hospitals, Schools, Markets etc with it's bombs. Egypt does not appear to have any sway in negotiating , I think the UN should step in and chair the Meetings, the latest cease fire is falling apart. I think the £4.5 million will be used to rebuild the thousands of Homes bombed and shows yet again how generous people can be in a crisis.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 10 Aug - 11:41

Panda wrote:Your'e right Iris, nothing will change as long as Israel refuses to talk about opening the trade route for Gaza and stops targetting Hospitals, Schools, Markets  etc with it's bombs. Egypt does not appear to have any sway in negotiating , I think the UN should step in and chair the Meetings, the latest cease fire is falling apart. I think the £4.5 million will be used to rebuild the thousands of Homes bombed and shows yet again how generous people can be in a crisis.

Panda, Israel does not target hospitals, schools and markets. They target areas from which rockets have been fired and only in response to those firings. If Hamas fires rockets from residential areas, they have to expect retaliation and Israel warns civilians. Also, each time Israel has relaxed the borders, there has been a rise in suicide bombings, which have even targeted school buses. Trade routes? What would Gaza trade? It is the most heavily bankrolled strip of land on the planet, but has no commerce to speak of.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 10 Aug - 12:05

AnnaEsse. Israel has top of the range equipment and can pinpoint where rockets are coming from . Just reported, a young boy has been killed and Israel is to investigate . The Negotiators despair of any agreement being reached , Gaza wants Israel to re-open the border before they will stop sending rockets , but Israel will not agree. The Negotiators think this is not too much to ask of Israel.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  joyce1938 Sun 10 Aug - 12:27

The problems and bad feeling have been between these 2 nations FOREVER ,I think ,goes too far back to make sense of really. cant see a way for good feeling sto exist ,it goes from history and then parents hatred etc , and on it goes ,sad sad joyce1938
joyce1938
joyce1938
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 345
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 10 Aug - 12:56

Panda wrote:Your'e right Iris, nothing will change as long as Israel refuses to talk about opening the trade route for Gaza and stops targetting Hospitals, Schools, Markets  etc with it's bombs. Egypt does not appear to have any sway in negotiating , I think the UN should step in and chair the Meetings, the latest cease fire is falling apart. I think the £4.5 million will be used to rebuild the thousands of Homes bombed and shows yet again how generous people can be in a crisis.

Please explain why you think Israel should open a trade route when the Gazans have nothing to trade but suicide bombers, misery and death. Do you really believe that the Gazans intended to "trade" through those tunnels?

Oh, and it's now been proved beyond doubt that the latest "attack" on the school was staged by Hamas. Thereby making a complete mockery of your spurious claim that Israel "target" hospitals and schools. I could post a huge list of videos by French, Indian and Japanese journalists, showing Hamas launching rockets from schools, hospitals, mosques and homes, but there is no point as you would just refuse to believe it.

On a related note, last night I was drinking a very nice Israeli red wine with my friends. It's not as good as the Israeli produced wine I used to buy, but can't get anymore, because it was produced in what was then the Gazan Territories, and they stopped producing it in 2005. It was readily available in Tesco, and there was a big market for it by both Jewish people and vegetarians, because it was also an organic wine with no animal additives. Now the sad thing is, it could still have been made, and sold all over the world, to generate a nice income for the growers. I would still have bought it whether it was made by Israelis or Palestinians. Only the Palestinians can't produce and export that wine, because their leaders had them smash up the vast acreage of greenhouses, which had been freely handed over by the Israelis on their withdrawal.

NOW tell me who the evil, destructive people are who are keeping the Gazans in poverty and squalor.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 10 Aug - 12:59

joyce1938 wrote:The problems and bad feeling have been between these 2 nations FOREVER ,I think ,goes too far back to make sense of really. cant see a way for good feeling sto exist ,it goes from history  and then parents hatred etc , and on it goes ,sad sad joyce1938

Hi Joyce 1938 this really stems from the British Government who Governed Palestine allotting land from Palestine to Israel to compensate for the
Holocaust . Most of the population who built Jerusalem came from all over the World and Israel enjoys a close relationship with the U.S. which is why the U.S. is not commenting on this situation. Hamas, a Terrorist organisation and the Political arm of Gaza has been acting for the population since the conflict started Gaza claims that Israel has taken more of their land and blocked their trade route and before any ceasefire wants a guarantee from Israel that this will be re-opened , which Israel will not give.

Apparently the Israeli Government thinks Netanyahu has gone too far and maybe they will be able to stop this stalemate. Public opinion in other Countries besides Britain is negative .
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 10 Aug - 13:03

Panda wrote:
joyce1938 wrote:The problems and bad feeling have been between these 2 nations FOREVER ,I think ,goes too far back to make sense of really. cant see a way for good feeling sto exist ,it goes from history  and then parents hatred etc , and on it goes ,sad sad joyce1938

Hi Joyce 1938 this really stems from the British Government who Governed Palestine allotting land from Palestine to Israel to compensate for the
Holocaust . Most of the population who built Jerusalem came from all over the World and Israel enjoys a close relationship with the U.S. which is why the U.S. is not commenting on this situation.   Hamas, a Terrorist organisation and  the Political arm of Gaza has been acting for the population since the conflict started  Gaza claims that Israel has taken more of their land and blocked their trade route  and before any ceasefire wants a guarantee from Israel that this will be re-opened , which Israel will not give.  

Apparently the Israeli Government thinks Netanyahu has gone too far and maybe they will be able to stop this stalemate. Public opinion in other Countries besides Britain  is negative .

You said it yourself Panda, Hamas are a terrorist organisation and the Palestinians elected them.  They have to live with the repercussions of that now. And will you please stop posting lies. Israel has not "taken" any land from the Gazans. In fact it has given back the whole of Gaza and this is how it is repaid.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 10 Aug - 13:06

Iris wrote:

Please explain why you think Israel should open a trade route when the Gazans have nothing to trade but suicide bombers, misery and death.  Do you really believe that the Gazans intended to "trade" through those tunnels?  

Oh, and it's now been proved beyond doubt that the latest "attack" on the school was staged by Hamas.  Thereby making a complete mockery of your spurious claim that Israel "target" hospitals and schools.  I could post a huge list of videos by French, Indian and Japanese journalists, showing Hamas launching rockets from schools, hospitals, mosques and homes, but there is no point as you would just refuse to believe it.

On a related note, last night I was drinking a very nice Israeli red wine with my friends.  It's not as good as the Israeli produced wine I used to buy, but can't get anymore, because it was produced in what was then the Gazan Territories, and they stopped producing it in 2005.  It was readily available in Tesco, and there was a big market for it by both Jewish people and vegetarians, because it was also an organic wine with no animal additives.  Now the sad thing is, it could still have been made, and sold all over the world, to generate a nice income for the growers.  I would still have bought it whether it was made by Israelis or Palestinians.  Only the Palestinians can't produce and export that wine, because their leaders had them smash up the vast acreage of greenhouses, which had been freely handed over by the Israelis on their withdrawal.

NOW tell me who the evil, destructive people are who are keeping the Gazans in poverty and squalor.  

Iris, I really don't want to get into an argument with you, your views are so entrenched even when they can be disputed and even when I post an article by a Man who was a visitor and on the spot to write about what he saw, you dispute that. !!!!!! Please don't direct any more
comments to me , I will not answer them.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sun 10 Aug - 13:09

What you are suggesting Panda is that the elected Israeli Politicians sit down and negotiate with a Terrorist Organisation that is quite happy to place the Gazan population in harms way

Why do you admire them so?

Last edited by malena stool on Sun 10 Aug - 13:20; edited 1 time in total
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 10 Aug - 13:12

Panda wrote:
Iris wrote:

Please explain why you think Israel should open a trade route when the Gazans have nothing to trade but suicide bombers, misery and death.  Do you really believe that the Gazans intended to "trade" through those tunnels?  

Oh, and it's now been proved beyond doubt that the latest "attack" on the school was staged by Hamas.  Thereby making a complete mockery of your spurious claim that Israel "target" hospitals and schools.  I could post a huge list of videos by French, Indian and Japanese journalists, showing Hamas launching rockets from schools, hospitals, mosques and homes, but there is no point as you would just refuse to believe it.

On a related note, last night I was drinking a very nice Israeli red wine with my friends.  It's not as good as the Israeli produced wine I used to buy, but can't get anymore, because it was produced in what was then the Gazan Territories, and they stopped producing it in 2005.  It was readily available in Tesco, and there was a big market for it by both Jewish people and vegetarians, because it was also an organic wine with no animal additives.  Now the sad thing is, it could still have been made, and sold all over the world, to generate a nice income for the growers.  I would still have bought it whether it was made by Israelis or Palestinians.  Only the Palestinians can't produce and export that wine, because their leaders had them smash up the vast acreage of greenhouses, which had been freely handed over by the Israelis on their withdrawal.

Iris, I really don't want to get into an argument with you, your views are so entrenched  even when they can be disputed and even when I post an article by a Man who was a visitor and on the spot to write about what he saw, you dispute that. !!!!!! Please don't direct any more
comments to me , I will not answer them.

Good. I'm sick of dealing with a bigot and a liar anyway.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Sun 10 Aug - 14:27

Dont let the truth get in the way of a good panda lie !

I see no answers to genuine questions regarding terrorists and 'trade' routes or stolen land !

Why is this just the usual terrorist rhetoric.

As always Cordelia can provide no answers to genuine and sensible questions.

Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next