Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cliff Richard's house in Sunningdale investigated by South Yorkshire police

5 posters

Go down

Cliff Richard's house in Sunningdale investigated by South Yorkshire police Empty Cliff Richard's house in Sunningdale investigated by South Yorkshire police

Post  comperedna Thu 14 Aug - 14:17

... for historic (1980s) allegation of 'impropriety' in Sheffield with an underage boy. Sky pointed out that someone was there (not Mr Richard) at the house and let the police in. Sky stated that he lived in Portugal in the summer and the West Indies in the winter. Mr Richard came on TV made a statement more or less saying 'old news'. There had been allegations of this type circulating on the internet for many months and there was no truth in them. He would cooperate with the police investigation. He would not speak on the matter further till the police investigation is finished. The police are still at the house.
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 865
Warning :
Cliff Richard's house in Sunningdale investigated by South Yorkshire police Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Cliff Richard's house in Sunningdale investigated by South Yorkshire police Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Cliff Richard's house in Sunningdale investigated by South Yorkshire police Empty Re: Cliff Richard's house in Sunningdale investigated by South Yorkshire police

Post  kathybelle Thu 14 Aug - 18:29

Whilst I agree with the police investigating all the allegations of sex assaults, made against people in the public eye and people who aren't in the public eye.  I can't help but think, why the allegation made by Katherina Gaspar, against David Payne, was not deemed serious enough by Leicester police, to be investigated.

Even though the allegation concerned Madeleine McCann who had mysteriously disappeared. Especially as Madeleine's father, had been brought into the allegation and he along with Madeleine's mother, was the root cause of Madeleine's disappearance.

The Chief Constable of Greater Manchester, Sir Peter Fahy, is facing a criminal probe, over an allegedly poor handling of a suspected child sex offender.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-28755375

All  those within Leicester police, who were involved in the holding back of Katherina Gaspar's statement, could find themselves in the same position as Fahy, if Sean and Amelie, do some probing themselves, once they are old enough to understand the facts of this case. The ones who've protected Sean and Amelie's parents, knowing that they are the root cause of Madeleine's disappearance, could also find themselves in the same position as Fahy, if Sean and Amelie decide to probe the case.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :
Cliff Richard's house in Sunningdale investigated by South Yorkshire police Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Cliff Richard's house in Sunningdale investigated by South Yorkshire police Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Cliff Richard's house in Sunningdale investigated by South Yorkshire police Empty Re: Cliff Richard's house in Sunningdale investigated by South Yorkshire police

Post  interested Thu 14 Aug - 20:20

What with all the recent "celebrity" allegations (and in some cases charges and trials) regarding sex offences going back to the '60's and the talk of a possible whitewash in connection with Madeleine's case, I am beginning to think I will be dead and buried before the truth about Madeleine's "disappearance" sees the light of day.  One thing I am sure of though; someone (possibly one or both of the twins) will delve into the mystery and insist that all the evidence contained in the official files (and the many conflicting statements given by those who were present during that vacation) be investigated.  Madeleine deserves nothing less.   With SY siding with the McCanns in considering her "disappearance" an abduction,  I just don't think I will live long enough to see a final resolution of what really happened to her.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Thu 14 Aug - 20:29

interested wrote:What with all the recent "celebrity" allegations (and in some cases charges and trials) regarding sex offences going back to the '60's and the talk of a possible whitewash in connection with Madeleine's case, I am beginning to think I will be dead and buried before the truth about Madeleine's "disappearance" sees the light of day.  One thing I am sure of though; someone (possibly one or both of the twins) will delve into the mystery and insist that all the evidence contained in the official files (and the many conflicting statements given by those who were present during that vacation) be investigated.  Madeleine deserves nothing less.   With SY siding with the McCanns in considering her "disappearance" an abduction,  I just don't think I will live long enough to see a final resolution of what really happened to her.

It depends what camp you are in really. The pro-McCann supporters are, I am sure, expecting and looking forward to an outcome in the not too distant future. Shame SY appear not to be giving them what they want. I wonder why?
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 14 Aug - 21:04

I was under the Impression that the police did investigate it...British police....and dismissed it.

I read it somewhere .
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Thu 14 Aug - 22:14

LJC wrote:
interested wrote:What with all the recent "celebrity" allegations (and in some cases charges and trials) regarding sex offences going back to the '60's and the talk of a possible whitewash in connection with Madeleine's case, I am beginning to think I will be dead and buried before the truth about Madeleine's "disappearance" sees the light of day.  One thing I am sure of though; someone (possibly one or both of the twins) will delve into the mystery and insist that all the evidence contained in the official files (and the many conflicting statements given by those who were present during that vacation) be investigated.  Madeleine deserves nothing less.   With SY siding with the McCanns in considering her "disappearance" an abduction,  I just don't think I will live long enough to see a final resolution of what really happened to her.

It depends what camp you are in really.  The pro-McCann supporters are, I am sure, expecting and looking forward to an outcome in the not too distant future.  Shame SY appear not to be giving them what they want.  I wonder why?

Most importantly, Scotland Yard's Operation Grange led by Andy Redwood, are not giving Madeleine what she deserves and that is justice. Madeleine never will get justice, until someone with a backbone, who has knowledge of why the McCanns have been protected for the past 7yrs.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Thu 14 Aug - 23:11

kathybelle wrote:
LJC wrote:

It depends what camp you are in really.  The pro-McCann supporters are, I am sure, expecting and looking forward to an outcome in the not too distant future.  Shame SY appear not to be giving them what they want.  I wonder why?

Most importantly, Scotland Yard's Operation Grange led by Andy Redwood, are not giving Madeleine what she deserves and that is justice. Madeleine never will get justice, until someone with a backbone, who has knowledge of why the McCanns have been protected for the past 7yrs.

On that we both agree Kathybelle. Madeleine may indeed never get justice. But SY cannot just push the McCanns into Court if its not going to end with a positive result and a conviction. They have to gather more evidence. Enquiries that are so complex do take years and years. We may have to live with it I'm afraid. There was a long thread which discussed the complexes of 'no body murder convictions' and it was demonstrated just how much more evidence is needed when convictions of these sorts are successfully achieved. It is clear, even Pat Brown agrees (not that I am a big fan of hers), that no such evidence really exists in this McCann case, sad to say.
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Thu 14 Aug - 23:31

LJC wrote:
kathybelle wrote:
LJC wrote:

On that we both agree Kathybelle.  Madeleine may indeed never get justice.  But SY cannot just push the McCanns into Court if its not going to end with a positive result and a conviction.  They have to gather more evidence.  Enquiries that are so complex do take years and years.  We may have to live with it I'm afraid.  There was a long thread which discussed the complexes of 'no body murder convictions' and it was demonstrated just how much more evidence is needed when convictions of these sorts are successfully achieved. It is clear, even Pat Brown agrees (not that I am a big fan of hers), that no such evidence really exists in this McCann case, sad to say.

Even if they wanted to, SY/Operation Grange, couldn't push the McCanns into court, the only ones who can do this, are the PJ. Regarding Pat Brown, she has an opinion and she is entitled to express her opinion, however her opinion counts for nothing. Neither does mine or anyone else's opinions.

kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Sat 16 Aug - 11:11

kathybelle wrote:Even if they wanted to, SY/Operation Grange, couldn't push the McCanns into court, the only ones who can do this, are the PJ. Regarding Pat Brown, she has an opinion and she is entitled to express her opinion, however her opinion counts for nothing. Neither does mine or anyone else's opinions.

I think that may have changed Kathybelle; after all it has been discussed previously, that the CPS were over in Portugal and I seem to remember something being stated about the possibility of a British prosecution if evidence is found to support such a prosecution.

LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Sat 16 Aug - 12:29

LJC wrote:
kathybelle wrote:Even if they wanted to, SY/Operation Grange, couldn't push the McCanns into court, the only ones who can do this, are the PJ. Regarding Pat Brown, she has an opinion and she is entitled to express her opinion, however her opinion counts for nothing. Neither does mine or anyone else's opinions.

I think that may have changed Kathybelle; after all it has been discussed previously, that the CPS were over in Portugal and I seem to remember something being stated about the possibility of a British prosecution if evidence is found to support such a prosecution.

David Cameron stated that Operation Grange, were assisting the PJ and it appears to be true because when Operation Grange, wanted to search the homes of the 3 burglars, they were refused permission.

Regarding the CPS, being over in Portugal, if this was true, no one should have known they were in Portugal, let alone the reason why they were supposedly in Portugal.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Sat 16 Aug - 14:05

A Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) spokesman said: "Prosecutors from CPS London, and investigators from the MPS [Metropolitan Police Service], visited their Portuguese counterparts on April 17-18 to discuss possible next steps in relation to the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

Why should this information not have been made public?
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down