Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rotherham sex abuse scandle

+5
kitti
fuzeta
katertaif
Lioned
chrissie
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Rotherham sex abuse scandle Empty Rotherham sex abuse scandle

Post  kitti Tue 26 Aug - 18:04

Girls as young as 11 were abducted, beaten and past around and regularly raped and this was going on up to last year.

The perps.....Asians

Doused in petrol and threatened to be set alight...bastards

This WAS KNOWN and suppressed for years.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :
Rotherham sex abuse scandle Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Rotherham sex abuse scandle Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Rotherham sex abuse scandle Empty Re: Rotherham sex abuse scandle

Post  chrissie Wed 27 Aug - 9:50

This is absolutely dreadful. It was known about but nothing was done. Those poor children.
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :
Rotherham sex abuse scandle Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Rotherham sex abuse scandle Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  katertaif Wed 27 Aug - 10:02

chrissie wrote:This is absolutely dreadful.  It was known about but nothing was done.  Those poor children.

Quite right chrissie. Nothing was done because of political correctness, and the ethnic dimension, which everyone now says is at least insignificant if not totally unimportant.

The parallel is a doctor treating someone having made the wrong diagnosis.

The fact is that many of those children are now so severely traumatised, as to never be able to lead normal lives. This is not the first time, and unless the root cause is properly discussed and appropriate penalties introduced it isn't going to be the last.
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1296
Warning :

Registration date : 2014-02-24

Back to top Go down

Rotherham sex abuse scandle Empty Rotherham Abuse: Police Boss Refuses To Quit

Post  Angelina Wed 27 Aug - 17:35

Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2933
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  katertaif Wed 27 Aug - 21:03

apparently Angelina few If any are prepared to resign, and I agree with that. They should not be given that dignity. they should be sacked with cause, and never allowed to hold public positions again. Those children deserve that much at least, and that is little enough compared to what they have suffered.

In the news tonight they are still playing down the ethnic dimension, and IMHO unless they do start to recognise that aspect of it for fear of upsetting the multi cultural paradise image. it will continue.
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Fri 29 Aug - 21:53

Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Fri 29 Aug - 22:08

Its child abuse,the ethnic dimension makes a good excuse for some,you cannot believe the whole community would condone this.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Fri 29 Aug - 22:14

Lioned wrote:Its child abuse,the ethnic dimension makes a good excuse for some,you cannot believe the whole community would condone this.

Couldn't agree more.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wantthetruth Sat 30 Aug - 12:22

Claudia79 wrote:
Lioned wrote:Its child abuse,the ethnic dimension makes a good excuse for some,you cannot believe the whole community would condone this.

Couldn't agree more.

Me too. This forum is getting more and more racist by the day.
wantthetruth
wantthetruth
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 934
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sat 30 Aug - 13:31

The fact is.....the girls were White and the perps were/are Asian.

That's not racist that's a FACT.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 30 Aug - 13:38

Claudia79 wrote:

Couldn't agree more.

Exactly. They are child abusers whether they are black, white, pink or purple. And they should be investigated and dealt with as the scum that they are.

But if it is proved that they were not investigated by Social Workers purely on the grounds that they were Asian, then that is discrimination on the part of the Social Workers. It is discrimination against non-Asian people. And that is illegal too.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  katertaif Sat 30 Aug - 14:27

kitti wrote:The fact is.....the girls were White and the perps were/are Asian.

That's not racist that's  a FACT.

Quite so kitti. Until we do recognise the facts, whether they accord with individual beliefs or not this scenario will continue. Yes there are individuals like Savile, and Harris who did absolutely unmentionable things to children. In this case we are talking about organised gangs and the Rotherham case is not the first. I would sincerely hope it's the last, but I have my doubts.
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Sat 30 Aug - 16:31

wantthetruth wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:

Couldn't agree more.

Me too.  This forum is getting more and more racist by the day.  

Sadly, I think you may be right. And if it is so, it saddens me.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Sat 30 Aug - 16:39

Iris wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:

Couldn't agree more.

Exactly.  They are child abusers whether they are black, white, pink or purple.  And they should be investigated and dealt with as the scum that they are.

But if it is proved that they were not investigated by Social Workers purely on the grounds that they were Asian, then that is discrimination on the part of the Social Workers.  It is discrimination against non-Asian people.  And that is illegal too.

There are many reasons for cover ups. Money, power and fame are the more common. A crime is a crime no matter who the perpetrator and the victim is. And it has to be deal with no matter the fortune, the race, the religion or the colour of the criminal. If someone whose job is to insure the protection of others fails, then it has to be punished. No matter the reason behind the failure.
However, many times when you have particularly stomach churning crimes the race/religion often comes up except if the criminals are white. The Casa Pia case involved white Christian sexual abusers and not once was the skin colour or the religion mentioned. The same goes for other crimes. And I'm pretty sure the UK is not different.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Sat 30 Aug - 16:44

wantthetruth wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:

Couldn't agree more.

What an awful thing to say wantthetruth, If people telling it like it is is racist how can we have a discussion about anything.  It's a sort of invert racism that we are taken to task for saying things that are a fact.

This forum is a good forum and it is not right to call it racist.
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Sat 30 Aug - 16:49

The truth is that in the last months admin has had to delete more bigoted posts than in the last years. And I really dislike having to do it.

ETA: not to mention the amount of PMs with complains.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Sat 30 Aug - 16:56

Claudia79 wrote:The truth is that in the last months admin has had to delete more bigoted posts than in the last years. And I really dislike having to do it.

Are the PMs from just one or two people or are there a lot of people complaining?
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Sat 30 Aug - 16:59

fuzeta wrote:
wantthetruth wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:

Couldn't agree more.

What an awful thing to say wantthetruth, If people telling it like it is is racist how can we have a discussion about anything.  It's a sort of invert racism that we are taken to task for saying things that are a fact.

This forum is a good forum and it is not right to call it racist.

It was exactly that problem that allowed Rotherham to happen.....people to afraid of being called racist which stopped them from taking action.

Feeling unable to do their jobs for fear of being labelled racist enabled those abusers to abuse all those children. We need to be able to get these things out in the open.
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Sat 30 Aug - 17:04

Angelina wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:The truth is that in the last months admin has had to delete more bigoted posts than in the last years. And I really dislike having to do it.

Are the PMs from just one or two people or are there a lot of people complaining?

Let's just say that never did I get so many complaints from different posters. I would say that given the amount of posters actively posting, it is significant and also one of the reasons why some posters chose to mostly read according to what I've been told. If this forum had been created by me, I'd certainly would be much more strict with some things, like I am in my personal pages. As it wasn't, it's sometimes a difficult balance between someone's opinions and another one's sensitivity. That said, since this forum is currently closed to new members and we are all adults and civilised people who have, for the most part, been here for quite some time, I see no reason whatsoever why admin would have to delete posts or warn posters to amend their posts. It really shouldn't be necessary and I hate doing it.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Sat 30 Aug - 17:13

All I can say Claudia is that maybe calling the forum racist needs some attention, because it is not.

If the gangs were white from Birmingham, it would be said if they were Eastern European it would be said etc etc So I cannot understand the problem with saying they were Asian.
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Sat 30 Aug - 17:23

fuzeta wrote:All I can say Claudia is that maybe calling the forum racist needs some attention, because it is not.

If the gangs were white from Birmingham, it would be said if they were Eastern European it would be said etc etc  So I cannot understand the problem with saying they were Asian.

The forum certainly isn't racist. Some posters may be. As I said, it's a difficult balance and I wish Admin hadn't been forced to intervene as it has before, because it would be a good sign.
I don't see a problem with saying they were Asian. But I see a problem with implying being Asian means it's more likely to commit a crime, for instance. I disagree with you re one thing, though: I doubt that if the criminals were white and UK citizens their origins would come up. But I'd very much like to be wrong.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Sat 30 Aug - 17:27

You are wrong on that Claudia, if they were white their origins would come up, always.
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Sat 30 Aug - 17:28

fuzeta wrote:You are wrong on that Claudia, if they were white their origins would come up, always.

It's your opinion. Not mine.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Sat 30 Aug - 17:31

No Claudia, not my opinion, it is a fact.
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Sat 30 Aug - 17:32

fuzeta wrote:No Claudia, not my opinion, it is a fact.

As far as you're concerned. That is not my experience at all.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next