Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What yes vote means for bills etc

2 posters

Go down

What yes vote means for bills etc Empty What yes vote means for bills etc

Post  Panda Fri 12 Sep - 18:34

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/household-bills/11082803/Scottish-independence-What-Yes-vote-means-for-bills-energy-mobiles-petrol-and-even-sta

I can't see this, if you are a Virgin customer you surely pay the same price in Scotland as the rest of the U.K., unless of course the Scottish £
devalues.I don't want the U.K. to break up but the business World thinks it will be a disaster , the EU will not accept Scotland as another Country and older people in Scotland are starting to panic, I think it will end up as a NO vote.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
What yes vote means for bills etc Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What yes vote means for bills etc Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

What yes vote means for bills etc Empty Re: What yes vote means for bills etc

Post  fuzeta Fri 12 Sep - 22:29

Hello Panda the Scottish pound is the same as ours, it is Sterling. It cannot devalue on it's own
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :
What yes vote means for bills etc Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What yes vote means for bills etc Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 13 Sep - 3:06

fuzeta wrote:Hello Panda the Scottish pound is the same as ours, it is Sterling. It cannot devalue on it's own

Hi fuzeta, I know the Scottish £ has the same value as the English £ but if Scotland votes to leave the U.K. their currency has to be like a foreign currency and have a different value . The repercussions for this breakaway are enormous which is why I think the older generation in Scotland are now thinking "No" and will settle for what the Government is offering.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 13 Sep - 8:17

Panda wrote:
fuzeta wrote:Hello Panda the Scottish pound is the same as ours, it is Sterling. It cannot devalue on it's own

Hi fuzeta, I know the Scottish £ has the same value as the English £ but if Scotland votes to leave the U.K. their currency has to be like a foreign currency and have a different value . The repercussions for this breakaway are enormous which is why I think the older generation in Scotland are now thinking "No" and will settle for what the Government is offering.

quite right panda. they can call it what they like but it won't be sterling no matter what salmond thinks or hopes and yes, the repercussions are enormous.
What yes vote means for bills etc 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 13 Sep - 9:03

Marky wrote:
Panda wrote:

quite right panda. they can call it what they like but it won't be sterling no matter what salmond thinks or hopes and yes, the repercussions are enormous.

Marky, there is controversy now about the Treasury butting in, various Businesses claiming Scotland will suffer , Banks doing the same ,
Deutchebank joining in would you believe .....what are they all afraid of? Scotland has a good export trade, oil, whisky, holiday resort, etc, no immigration problems , presumably no housing shortage , excess Benefit payments .....and I'm not Scottish LOL
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 13 Sep - 9:07

Panda wrote:
Marky wrote:
Panda wrote:

Marky, there is controversy now about the Treasury butting in, various Businesses claiming Scotland will suffer , Banks doing the same ,
Deutchebank joining in would you believe .....what are they all afraid of? Scotland has a good export trade, oil, whisky, holiday resort, etc, no immigration problems , presumably no housing shortage , excess Benefit payments .....and I'm not Scottish LOL

they're saying what the yes lobby don't want anyone to hear. What yes vote means for bills etc 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 13 Sep - 9:09

Marky wrote:
Panda wrote:
Marky wrote:
Panda wrote:

they're saying what the yes lobby don't want anyone to hear. What yes vote means for bills etc 25346

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 13 Sep - 9:16

try post that again panda. whatever you said didn't make it. What yes vote means for bills etc 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

What yes vote means for bills etc Empty Scotland heading for a Great Depression after a YES vote

Post  Panda Sat 13 Sep - 9:18

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/scottish-independence/11093574/Scotland-heading-for-a-Great-Depression-after-a-Yes-vote.html

Here's the doomsday report Marky, just what is everyone afraid of? Scots will still buy British goods etc and because Scotland has a strong economy the valuation of their new currency will not be too severe.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 13 Sep - 9:21

Marky, I don't know what you mean, but coincidentally my Computer is very sluggish, what can i do to speed it up??
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 13 Sep - 9:29

Panda wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/scottish-independence/11093574/Scotland-heading-for-a-Great-Depression-after-a-Yes-vote.html

Here's the doomsday report Marky, just what is everyone afraid of? Scots will still buy British goods etc and because Scotland has a strong economy the valuation  of their new currency will not be too severe.

if they're afraid of anything it's the uncertainty of it all which what happens when you don't think things through. this has mess written all over it but what bothers me is all this running around promising a new bunch of freebies if they vote no. if up to me i would offer nothing.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 13 Sep - 9:32

Panda wrote:Marky, I don't know what you mean, but coincidentally my Computer is very sluggish, what can i do to speed it up??

see your post at 10.09. you could try a defrag. What yes vote means for bills etc 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 13 Sep - 10:00

Marky wrote:
Panda wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/scottish-independence/11093574/Scotland-heading-for-a-Great-Depression-after-a-Yes-vote.html

Here's the doomsday report Marky, just what is everyone afraid of? Scots will still buy British goods etc and because Scotland has a strong economy the valuation  of their new currency will not be too severe.

if they're afraid of anything it's the uncertainty of it all which what happens when you don't think things through. this has mess written all over it but what bothers me is all this running around promising a new bunch of freebies if they vote no. if up to me i would offer nothing.

The Government did the same thing with Wales when it threatened a Referendum, it was going to be the end of the World LOL and because the Welsh were given a bit more autonomy a referendum was not necessary. I definitely thought at the time that because of the closure of the Mines it was better to remain in the U>K>, still do. The economy now is picking up, more Companies choosing Wales to open up , but big immigration problems .
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down