Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madeleine McCann search dogs used in hunt for missing teen - Mirror

+8
tanszi
jassi
LJC
weissnicht
interested
AnnaEsse
wjk
Angelina
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Madeleine McCann search dogs used in hunt for missing teen - Mirror Empty Madeleine McCann search dogs used in hunt for missing teen - Mirror

Post  interested Tue 30 Sep - 0:26

The Mirror has an article entitled: "Alice Gross missing:  Madeleine McCann search dogs used in hunt for missing teen".  (Although they say the dogs are named "Tito" and "Muzzy" not Eddie and Keela.)

By the way, has Ambassador McCann been involved in the search for Alice?.........I didn't think so.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :
Madeleine McCann search dogs used in hunt for missing teen - Mirror Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Madeleine McCann search dogs used in hunt for missing teen - Mirror Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann search dogs used in hunt for missing teen - Mirror Empty Re: Madeleine McCann search dogs used in hunt for missing teen - Mirror

Post  weissnicht Tue 30 Sep - 7:16

weissnicht
weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 851
Warning :
Madeleine McCann search dogs used in hunt for missing teen - Mirror Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Madeleine McCann search dogs used in hunt for missing teen - Mirror Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann search dogs used in hunt for missing teen - Mirror Empty Re: Madeleine McCann search dogs used in hunt for missing teen - Mirror

Post  Angelina Tue 30 Sep - 7:48

They're not the McCann dogs then are they if they're not the same ones.

Why do these newspapers keep publishing misleading headlines Madeleine McCann search dogs used in hunt for missing teen - Mirror 371436
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2933
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 30 Sep - 7:51

They are the ones used in the searches in June this year.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Tue 30 Sep - 8:14

Not Born Yesterday wrote:They are the ones used in the searches in June this year.

Oh, didn't realise that...thanks Madeleine McCann search dogs used in hunt for missing teen - Mirror Icon_flower
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2933
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 30 Sep - 10:09

interested wrote:The Mirror has an article entitled: "Alice Gross missing:  Madeleine McCann search dogs used in hunt for missing teen".  (Although they say the dogs are named "Tito" and "Muzzy" not Eddie and Keela.)

By the way, has Ambassador McCann been involved in the search for Alice?.........I didn't think so.

Ambassador McCann has been silent on this case. You'd think she'd be in there, offering her ambassadorial support, but not a whisper from her. I think the answer to this case lies closer to home and perhaps Kate McCann thinks so too.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 30 Sep - 11:35

If she is dead then they would off found her body now nearby.

The Latvian had a bike, did he have a car?

Off course he could off killed her, hid her body and used a car to transport her body elsewhere .

Was she picked up by someone with a car after she was last seen on the bridge which would account for her not being seen after walking over the bridge?

Where is her phone?

If someone had killed her they wouldn't off had time to rummage through her rucksack unless it was a theft gone wrong.

kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 30 Sep - 12:03

And maybe that Latvian man is completely innocent, but realised that he was spotted on CCTV and feared that he would be "fitted up" for it. I'd have done a runner back to Latvia as well. Yes, he killed his wife but it was a completely different set of circumstances, he went to prison and served his time. There is zero evidence that he is involved in the disappearance of Alice Gross. But the papers pretty much have him tried, convicted and hung already, in much the same was as they did Chris Jeffries.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Tue 30 Sep - 12:04

AnnaEsse wrote:
interested wrote:The Mirror has an article entitled: "Alice Gross missing:  Madeleine McCann search dogs used in hunt for missing teen".  (Although they say the dogs are named "Tito" and "Muzzy" not Eddie and Keela.)

Ambassador McCann has been silent on this case. You'd think she'd be in there, offering her ambassadorial support, but not a whisper from her. I think the answer to this case lies closer to home and perhaps Kate McCann thinks so too.

Anna said, " I think the answer to this case lies closer to home"

I'm glad to see someone else is thinking along the same lines as me, Anna.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Tue 30 Sep - 12:07

Iris wrote:And maybe that Latvian man is completely innocent, but realised that he was spotted on CCTV and feared that he would be "fitted up" for it.  I'd have done a runner back to Latvia as well.  Yes, he killed his wife but it was a completely different set of circumstances, he went to prison and served his time.  There is zero evidence that he is involved in the disappearance of Alice Gross.  But the papers pretty much have him tried, convicted and hung already, in much the same was as they did Chris Jeffries.

Exactly, Iris. As Anna says above, I think the police should be looking closer to home (maybe they are).
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 30 Sep - 12:08

Iris wrote:And maybe that Latvian man is completely innocent, but realised that he was spotted on CCTV and feared that he would be "fitted up" for it.  I'd have done a runner back to Latvia as well.  Yes, he killed his wife but it was a completely different set of circumstances, he went to prison and served his time.  There is zero evidence that he is involved in the disappearance of Alice Gross.  But the papers pretty much have him tried, convicted and hung already, in much the same was as they did Chris Jeffries.

I agree, Iris. He cycled across the bridge 15 minutes after Alice crossed it and there is no evidence linking him to Alice's disappearance. I think he may have panicked once he was identified and tried by the media.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 30 Sep - 12:10

wjk wrote:

Exactly, Iris. As Anna says above, I think the police should be looking closer to home (maybe they are).

Wjk, I have not seen any "emotional" appeals from Alice's parents and the "anguished" parents have never shown very much anguish in my opinion. I think the dogs should be taken closer to Alice's home.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 30 Sep - 14:00

I'm afraid like the Rachel Nickell murder, when the police get a bee in their bonnet and have someone in their sight, there's no turning them .
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  jassi Tue 30 Sep - 15:35

kitti wrote:I'm afraid like  the Rachel Nickell murder, when the police get a bee in their bonnet and have someone in their sight, there's no turning them .

In other circumstances, The Latvian, himself, would be classed as a missing person as he hasn't been seen nor has he accessed his phone or bank account for several weeks.
jassi
jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 911
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  jassi Tue 30 Sep - 15:35

kitti wrote:I'm afraid like  the Rachel Nickell murder, when the police get a bee in their bonnet and have someone in their sight, there's no turning them .

In other circumstances, The Latvian, himself, would be classed as a missing person as he hasn't been seen nor has he accessed his phone or bank account for several weeks.
jassi
jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Tue 30 Sep - 16:11

jassi wrote:

In other circumstances, The Latvian, himself, would be classed as a missing person as he hasn't been seen nor  has he accessed his phone or bank account for several weeks.

The Guardian wrote:Zalklans was last seen on 3 September, and reported missing on 5 September. By 11 September the Met had contacted their Latvian counterparts, and checks through Interpol revealed the suspect’s murder conviction. But it was not until 17 September that detectives scouring CCTV of the area near where Alice had been walking on the day she disappeared, spotted a cyclist who resembled Zalkalns.

Alice went missing after going for a walk by a canal in west London on 28 August. CCTV shows Zalkalns riding a bicycle past the same spot 15 minutes later. Police believe he would have encountered the teenager.

Zalkalns, 41, served an eight-year prison sentence in his native Latvia, where he was jailed in 1998. In 2009, he was arrested over an alleged indecent assault on a teenage girl in Ealing, west London, but the case was dropped because the alleged victim declined to make a statement.

Unusual, because it seems the Met suspected him first (I would think due to the alleged indecent assault on a teenage girl in Ealing), then through Interpol discovered he had a murder conviction, then spotting him on CCTV 15 minutes behind Alice on the towpath.

He has to be found. I, for one, can fully understand why the Met are anxious to trace this man. Call it a bee in the bonnet or whatever, but it is right that he is found and, given his past, it is right that he is a suspect, but he cannot be eliminated either if he is not found.
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Tue 30 Sep - 16:23

Angelina wrote:They're not the McCann dogs then are they if they're not the same ones.

Why do these newspapers keep publishing misleading headlines Madeleine McCann search dogs used in hunt for missing teen - Mirror 371436

They never seem to miss a chance to post Madeleine's picture and make a "connection" to her case.  I just wish they would concentrate on the facts contained in the official files and make the "connection" to her parents.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 30 Sep - 16:56

Here we go. I'll put money on it. "Was this Latvian guy in Portugal in 2007". Madeleine McCann search dogs used in hunt for missing teen - Mirror 371436
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Tue 30 Sep - 17:15

Iris wrote:Here we go.  I'll put money on it.  "Was this Latvian guy in Portugal in 2007".   Madeleine McCann search dogs used in hunt for missing teen - Mirror 371436

Oh, Dear God "Iris" you're right!!  Some paper is probably working on tomorrow's headline as we speak.  British investigative 'journalism' at work again totally ignoring the evidence in the files.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Tue 30 Sep - 17:54

Dominic Gover (International Business Times) has picked up on the "connection" to Madeleine.  "Missing Alice Gross: Madeleine McCann Search Dogs Join Investigation".  The Latvian man is noted as "prime suspect".
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jassi Tue 30 Sep - 18:02

interested wrote:Dominic Gover (International Business Times) has picked up on the "connection" to Madeleine.  "Missing Alice Gross: Madeleine McCann Search Dogs Join Investigation".  The Latvian man is noted as "prime suspect".

Even the police admit they have no evidence against him and that he is only one of many leads, so beats me how he can be ' prime suspect' unless he is the ONLY suspect.
jassi
jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  weissnicht Tue 30 Sep - 18:43

interested wrote:
Iris wrote:Here we go.  I'll put money on it.  "Was this Latvian guy in Portugal in 2007".   Madeleine McCann search dogs used in hunt for missing teen - Mirror 371436

Oh, Dear God "Iris" you're right!!  Some paper is probably working on tomorrow's headline as we speak.  British investigative 'journalism' at work again totally ignoring the evidence in the files.
Just what I thought..
weissnicht
weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 851
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Tue 30 Sep - 18:56

Impossible to say whether there is zero evidence of his involvement or not until he himself is found and questioned.

As for him serving his time for murder, not in the opinion of many people. He only served 7 years, released 2 years early. For that short time in prison, he dug his wife a grave, battered her with an iron bar, stabbed her through the stomach, buried her in the grave he had previously dug, and reported her as a missing person.

So, for many people he should still be in prison, he should be there for life.

I am not saying he is guilty but I would very much hope the Police can find this man because I, for one, am unhappy that he is out of prison and think the sooner he is found and questioned the better.
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jassi Tue 30 Sep - 20:17

All sounds a bit desperate, though. Based, it would seem, upon the fact that he was seen in the vicinity some time later.
jassi
jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Tue 30 Sep - 21:52

jassi wrote:All sounds a bit desperate, though. Based, it would seem, upon the fact that he was seen in the vicinity some time later.

And based on the fact that he has gone missing too, that he has allegedly assaulted a 14 year old in the same area. And he has murdered. Don't forget, he is a fit man, ex army, on a pushbike which, I would imagine, could travel faster than a 14 year old girl on foot, albeit she was power walking in all probability. 15 minutes time difference is not that long and I think it possible he caught up with her.

LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next