Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brenda (sweepyface) on FB

+29
frencheuropean
almostgothic
jeanmonroe
comperedna
winjoy
jinvta
Chris
interested
LJC
mossman
tanszi
saloongirl
dutchclogs
princess_leia
margaret
pennylane
chrissie
wjk
Annabel
weissnicht
kathybelle
AnnaEsse
ann_chovey
Roasted Arizona
SteveT
cherry1
Justiceforallkids
dazedandconfused
mara thon
33 posters

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Brenda (sweepyface) on FB - Page 6 Empty Re: Brenda (sweepyface) on FB

Post  Roasted Arizona Mon 6 Oct - 11:29

That's convenient....they were quick to say that people should be made an example of. Here's your example Gerry.
Roasted Arizona
Roasted Arizona
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 719
Warning :
Brenda (sweepyface) on FB - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Brenda (sweepyface) on FB - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Mon 6 Oct - 11:31

Roasted Arizona wrote:That's convenient....they were quick to say that people should be made an example of.  Here's your example Gerry.

I was just about to say exactly the same thing Brenda (sweepyface) on FB - Page 6 944533
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :
Brenda (sweepyface) on FB - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Brenda (sweepyface) on FB - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Mon 6 Oct - 11:39

Iris wrote:
Lord Sugar ‏@Lord_Sugar 2h1 hour ago
If the McCanns are not on Twitter, question must be asked who pointed out to media the so called trolling of the McCanns by Brenda Leyland

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1503919163191828&set=gm.866661556691861&type=1
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 6 Oct - 11:40

Link not available Kitti but it may just be me.

I am on Facebook but many pages are not available to me.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  saloongirl Mon 6 Oct - 11:52

Let's hope the police put as much effort into investigating Brenda's death as they've put into trying to clear the McCanns. We can but dream
saloongirl
saloongirl
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 757
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Mon 6 Oct - 12:05

Not Born Yesterday wrote:Link not available Kitti but it may just be me.

It's another tweet by Lord Sugar..

'Brenda Leyland. If she took her own life by pressure by media....There may be a legal case against the media for incitement to commit suicide'

kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 6 Oct - 12:17

kitti wrote:
Not Born Yesterday wrote:Link not available Kitti but it may just be me.

It's another  tweet by Lord Sugar..

'Brenda Leyland.   If she took her own life by pressure by media....There may be a legal case against the media for incitement to commit suicide'

don't know if he's right or not but can't see any such case being proven.

Brenda (sweepyface) on FB - Page 6 36898
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 6 Oct - 12:23

I'm reminded of the case of the EastEnders actor who committed suicide after being hounded by the press.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBnCNlWS88Q

This is part 1 which for some reason I can't access though I can the other three parts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ht161V6I1PI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSF7i0ImTAE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxJyw4uWRmw

Last edited by Not Born Yesterday on Mon 6 Oct - 12:28; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Extra link added)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Mon 6 Oct - 12:28

An article by Matthew Steeples:

Social misdemeanour
The death of Brenda Leyland should be a lesson to the media

http://thesteepletimes.com/editorial/social-misdemeanour/
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Mon 6 Oct - 12:29

i find that quite disturbing from the MCcs spokesperson. haven't the family, friends, advisers and the McCs themselves commented on matters that are for the police. Ill ask the questions, again, were the McCS aware of the actions reporters for Sky intended to take with Brenda Leyland and were the msm briefed on the this, if so who briefed them, or did they just pick up on the story and why did they decide to give it national coverage in the press and online?
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  ann_chovey Mon 6 Oct - 12:38

tanszi wrote:i find that quite disturbing from the MCcs spokesperson.  haven't the family, friends, advisers and the McCs themselves commented on matters that are for the police.   Ill ask the questions, again, were the McCS aware of the actions reporters for Sky intended to take with Brenda Leyland and were the msm briefed on the this, if so who briefed them, or did they just pick up on the story and why did they decide to give it national coverage in the press and online?

All very strange indeed, Brenda is conveniently 'disappeared'. Brenda (sweepyface) on FB - Page 6 303636
ann_chovey
ann_chovey
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2529
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  frencheuropean Mon 6 Oct - 12:54

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Brenda-Leyland-Public-social-media-passionate/story-23049903-detail/story.html

Hundreds of people react on Facebook and Twitter after learning about the death of Brenda Leyland, the woman accused of sending abusive message to Kate and Gerry McCann

By PA_Warzynski | Posted: October 06, 2014

Brenda Leyland was accused of posting a series of abusive messages on Twitter aimed at Kate and Gerry McCann

Brenda Leyland and her son Ben Leyland

The death of ‘Twitter troll’ Brenda Leyland has caused a huge reaction from members of the public and sparked a passionate debate about social media and the press.

The 63-year-old, from Burton Overy, who was accused of sending abusive messages to the parents of Madeleine McCann, Kate and Gerry, was found dead at the Marriott Hotel, in Smith Way, Enderby, on Saturday.

Folling the news, hundreds of people have taken to social media to make comments about her death, the abusive messages to the McCanns and the way the media has handled the situation.

Her son Ben Leyland, who lives in LA, was one of the first to post a message and expressed his grief through Facebook, saying: “I love you mum and miss you forever”.

Related content

'Twitter troll' Brenda Leyland found dead in Leicestershire hotel room after being accused of targeting Madeleine McCann's parents, Kate and Gerry

'Twitter troll' Brenda Leyland 'flees Leicestershire home' after being accused of targeting Madeleine McCann's parents, Kate and Gerry

His friends and family offered messages of condolence via social media, and hundreds more have taken to the Internet to express their views on the news.

Keith Osbourne was one of those paying his respects to the Leicestershire mother.

He posted: “Such sad news RIP BRENDA u dint deserve death. Wunt be same not seing u in Leicester.”

John Cawley also expressed his sorrow at the news.

“Sad,” he wrote. “We have to admit that social media is a drug just like real drugs and alcohol.

“Don't judge this lady, judge the world we live in. God bless her. RIP.”

Tanveer N Anisha Mohinudeen wrote: “Omg so sad to hear. Going back to college days n remembering Brenda she wasn't like that but I guess pple chnge but still sad tho.”

Other people have not been as sympathetic, and have continued to condemn the way she had attacked the McCanns.

Daniella Ella wrote: “No disrespect to her family but she was giving out something she couldn't take!

“Bullying should not be tolerated in any form and should always be exposed!!”

Lucy Willgress posted: “I'm sorry, but anyone who attacks other people online behind a facade (without knowing the full story) is not a nice person.

She added: “I'm sorry for this woman's family but she did what she did...obviously couldn't face the music for her own actions.”

Responding to the post, Sheetal N Krupesh wrote: “She couldn't face the music? Are u serious?

“Yes she may have said a few things that maybe were taken out of term!!

“But she did not deserve to be hunted down, stalked or harassed to the point she had to take her life!”

Many have also blamed the press for the death of Brenda Leyland.

Sky News reporter Martin Brunt, who filmed her outside her home and questioned her about the hateful messages, has been receiving abuse from people on Twitter.

Sarah Thomas (@ArsenalSarah) tweeted: “Abhorrent hounding of a Woman who's mental strength was obviously unimportant to you.

“Shame on @Skynews @skymartinbrunt RIP #BrendaLeyland.”

Others have also expressed concerns about how the media has gone about the story.

Commenting on the story on Facebook, Abdul Khaled wrote: “These newspapers are selfish and have no regards to people's welfare all they are interested in is chatting and spreading rubbish.”

Erica Justice Williams wrote: “Rupert Murdoch's henchman should hang their heads in shame!”

frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1203
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Mon 6 Oct - 13:21

Monday, 6 October 2014
In Memoriam

http://blacksmithbureau.blogspot.co.uk/
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Mon 6 Oct - 13:33

I only found out about this on the news this morning and have become increasingly angry as the day is going on. How dare the media label this poor woman in the way that they are! The reporting is absolutely appalling. Her poor family.

chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Mon 6 Oct - 13:43

A sweepyface tweet from Mon 11th Nov 2013:

#Mccann. I would also hope that were I to die in odd circumstances people WOULD Q and not just accept the first version.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Mon 6 Oct - 13:55

almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  weissnicht Mon 6 Oct - 14:05

frencheuropean wrote:"Last night the McCanns’ spokesman Clarence Mitchell said the couple – who have nine-year-old twins Sean and Amelie –were aware of the news.

He added: “Kate and Gerry will not be saying anything. It is entirely a matter for the police.”

How convenient!

After gerry mccanns screamed all over the press..quote "Gerry McCann Says Make Example Of Web Trolls"
weissnicht
weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 851
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  weissnicht Mon 6 Oct - 14:26

frencheuropean wrote:"Last night the McCanns’ spokesman Clarence Mitchell said the couple – who have nine-year-old twins Sean and Amelie –were aware of the news.

He added: “Kate and Gerry will not be saying anything. It is entirely a matter for the police.”

How convenient!

How they are using the twins...when it's needed. I despise them. I mean of course k8, gerry and clarrie..
weissnicht
weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 851
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 6 Oct - 14:42

Yes, nothing to say about your fine "example" Gerry? Now there's a first.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 6 Oct - 15:48

Iris wrote:Yes, nothing to say about your fine "example" Gerry?  Now there's a first.

one of gerry's main defects has always benn his inability to know when to speak and when to shut up. Brenda (sweepyface) on FB - Page 6 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Mon 6 Oct - 15:59

How convenient!

I would point out that the matter of Madeleine's "disappearance" was/is a matter for the police as well.  Part of that "matter" was the expectation that both parents would co-operate in the investigation.  Madeleine's own mother refused to answer 48 questions regarding the "disappearance" despite being advised that her refusal to do so would hinder the police investigation.  Yet here we are seven years later and the McCanns are suing Mr. Amaral for hindering the investigation.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Mon 6 Oct - 16:11

What is really getting to me is the fact that all news concerning the McCanns had gone very quiet. Nothing on SY's investigation, nothing on the court case, all very quiet on the forums.

But I do not think the McCanns like it when there is no news about the case. And Sky News do seem, imo, to strive to keep Madeleine in the news on their behalf.

And I might be wrong but I would find it hard to believe that the McCanns would not be briefed on the upcoming Sky Special Report. In fact I doubt very much that Sky would run such a story without consulting with them first because, if nothing else, the twins have already said their school friends are asking questions and the McCanns surely would need an opportunity to prepare the twins for more questions which would inevitably be asked following screening of this report. And the fact that Brenda Leyland also lived in Leicestershire is probably why, over all others, they (Sky) chose to make an example out of her.

On that basis I believe they knew beforehand what Sky were about to do, perhaps even the name of the person who Sky were going to expose and were, imo, relishing making the headlines again.

Well, as a result of a tragedy borne out of publicly making an example of Brenda Leyland, the result of this is now endless talking about this case, which will carry on because there will be her funeral in the news and an inquest and the name of Madeleine and the McCanns will no doubt keep cropping up. Is this really what they wanted?

What will the twins make of these latest headlines? Seeing their name McCann in the same headline about a lady who has killed herself? I think now Kate and Gerry will struggle to explain this one away and to protect the twins from the interest that is bound to arise at their school.

Certainly it would seem that the price of keeping Madeleine in the headlines has come with a very hefty price tag indeed.

LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Mon 6 Oct - 16:16

Before sleeping last night my thoughts were of Brenda Leyland.  How I wish she had been able to escape the chaos of the last few days by spending some time with her son in California.  I wonder if she saw that column by Carole Malone before she made the final decision.  I wish I had been able to comfort her by saying all this was just a temporary problem and not worth her permanent solution.

Earlier yesterday when I read the article about her death in the Daily Mail, I added a condolence comment.  I noticed today, while my comment received over 2,000 green arrows, sadly over 1,000 red arrowed it.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Mon 6 Oct - 17:09

LJC I agree with your post  is it the reason why I have asked did the McCs know beforehand that Brunty was going to ambush Brenda Leyland in the way he did and for sky to run a special report on it.  my reasons for this are the ones you have stated so much clearly than I could have in your post.  I also question whether the msm received a briefing and who briefed them because the story was in all the hard copy and online media.  why?  as the McCs spokesman said  It is entirely a matter for the police.  they should have left it with the police.

eta I really don't think this was about keeping Madeleine in the public eye, it was about keeping her parents in the public eye.

Last edited by tanszi on Mon 6 Oct - 17:24; edited 1 time in total
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next