Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Brenda (sweepyface) on FB

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Brenda (sweepyface) on FB

Post  Guest on Tue 7 Oct - 20:09

pennylane wrote:
mossman wrote:
Marky wrote:
pennylane wrote:
Marky wrote:

brunt, like all journos, has to be careful not to imply anything he can't prove hence ignoring those gritty facts you speak of, add to which sky's lawyers wouldn't let him anyway.

I realise Brunt is a lacky for his paymasters! á
maybe, maybe not. just remember, you can say and print anything you want provided you can prove it. now that might bug the hell out of a lot of people but there it is and unless you want to fill gerry's pockets with more dollars you'll tread careful, which pretty much sums up the media's position.

But, there should be a balance, no ? áThere has never, ever been fair and balanced reporting in this case. áTake Amarals trial as an example. áWhen did any journalist from th UK go to Lisbon, sit in court, listen, come home and write an article, simply stating what happened.á

So I understand what you are saying, and agree with the principle of it, I just don't see the results.

Here is my reply to Marky, which is very similar to yours mossman:

Have you ever read what went down in the Lisbon courts, and seen what Sky News, et al, actually reported? áThey cherry pick the pieces that make the McCanns look good, and leave out the devastating, negative parts that expose the pair for what they are! áThe wording is skewed and inaccurate, and designed to keep the McCanns smelling like roses. áFor the most part this is not down to a fear of being sued, it's more a pro-McCann brainwashing exercise, with a decidedly pink tinge, and an agenda that lacks any integrity whatsoever (imho).

like i said. prove it or shut up.

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic on Tue 7 Oct - 20:23

Jerry Lawton ‏@JerryLawton
Kate #McCann returns to gym despite knowing one fellow fitness fanatic is a secret troll who posted online abuse about her

-------------------------------------------

Well at least she won't be at the mercy of one of your fellow slime balls hounding her to death.
So STFU you fat creep.

almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue 7 Oct - 20:25

Chris wrote:
Marky wrote:
Chris wrote:
Marky wrote:
Chris wrote:

What is good about an article riddled with factual inaccuracy? It distorts how the story panned out. For example the police as far as is known had no involvement in identifying anyone but were reportedly looking into information provided by "concerned members of the public". Again GM's statement didn't precede the story but was made in response to the story. The writer also fails to explore how MB came by his information. There may be some questions the coroner will consider about this affair which may well throw a little further light on what looks increasingly like irresponsible journalism resulting in a tragic outcome. I doubt anyone will emerge with credit.

what factual inaccuracy?

The two examples given to start with. Do you stop after the first sentence?

and you know these to be inaccurate how? i suspect the author is much better informed that you are or is it just because you don't agree but see prooving it as a irritating inconvenience? i suggest you read the article properly. it makes more sense than you do.

So you are saying the author of this piece has better information than Brunt himself who stated the source of the information (as have most of the other media commenting on the story). GM's statement is a matter of record on Radio 4.
nope my little meerekat. your agenda is anti sky in general and brunt particular. your post is rubbish. you read the headline and nothing more. you didn't like it and went off on one. what you fail to realise is that you do the cause no favours. 90 some odd % of this country couldn't give a toss about this case. every time you shout out this nonsense you play into gerry's hands.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue 7 Oct - 20:27

interested wrote:
margaret wrote:
Marky wrote:
Annabel wrote:http://www.thedrum.com/opinion/2014/10/07/why-skys-martin-brunt-was-right-investigate-story-mccann-twitter-troll-brenda

good article.

Hi marky, I disagree, second paragraph in...

After her death we may never know, but what we are sure of is the police had identified Leyland as being part of an online trolling campaign against Kate and Gerry McCann and were investigating.

The police had done nothing of the sort! They were handed a dossier, nothing else.

That's the key point, the police had a dossier and the information contained therein somehow came into the hands of Sky News' Martin Brunt.á The police had not started an investigation, as far as I know.

as far as you know.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue 7 Oct - 20:29

margaret wrote:
Marky wrote:
Annabel wrote:http://www.thedrum.com/opinion/2014/10/07/why-skys-martin-brunt-was-right-investigate-story-mccann-twitter-troll-brenda

good article.

After her death we may never know, but what we are sure of is the police had identified Leyland as being part of an online trolling campaign against Kate and Gerry McCann and were investigating.

The police had done nothing of the sort! They were handed a dossier, nothing else.

as far as you know.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue 7 Oct - 20:34

mossman wrote:
Marky wrote:
pennylane wrote:
Marky wrote:
pennylane wrote:

Yes I did read the article, and it does make some really good points, but I thought it was far too soft on Martin Brunt, whose benign, McCann friendly reporting, whilst ignoring the gritty facts, is a major part of the reason why most people are so angry, and have been since labelled as 'trolls!'

brunt, like all journos, has to be careful not to imply anything he can't prove hence ignoring those gritty facts you speak of, add to which sky's lawyers wouldn't let him anyway.

I realise Brunt is a lacky for his paymasters! á
maybe, maybe not. just remember, you can say and print anything you want provided you can prove it. now that might bug the hell out of a lot of people but there it is and unless you want to fill gerry's pockets with more dollars you'll tread careful, which pretty much sums up the media's position.

But, there should be a balance, no ? áThere has never, ever been fair and balanced reporting in this case. áTake Amarals trial as an example. áWhen did any journalist from th UK go to Lisbon, sit in court, listen, come home and write an article, simply stating what happened.á

So I understand what you are saying, and agree with the principle of it, I just don't see the results.
sometimes good things take a little time. a japanese warlord once said "if you wait long enough by the riverside sooner or later the bodies of your enemies will come floating by."

patience.

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman on Tue 7 Oct - 20:58

Marky wrote:
sometimes good things take a little time. a japanese warlord once said "if you wait long enough by the riverside sooner or later the bodies of your enemies will come floating by." á

patience.

I will take your word for it, if you could give me a hint. - áare we talking decades or centuries ? á The clock is ticking on my end, I'd hate to miss something eventful. áá

mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  interested on Tue 7 Oct - 21:01

With the "review" costingáBritish taxpayers millions, as well as the media presenting the McCanns as "cleared". is it any wonder that people are sceptical.á Surely people are entitled to express their views and sceptical attitudes.á Sadly I think it has taken Brenda Leyland's death for a lot of nonbelievers to surface.

interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2395
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue 7 Oct - 21:03

mossman wrote:
Marky wrote:
sometimes good things take a little time. a japanese warlord once said "if you wait long enough by the riverside sooner or later the bodies of your enemies will come floating by." á

patience.

I will take your word for it, if you could give me a hint. - áare we talking decades or centuries ? á The clock is ticking on my end, I'd hate to miss something eventful. áá

let's hope the battery doesn't runs down real soon. á

Last edited by Marky on Wed 8 Oct - 7:29; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue 7 Oct - 21:22

interested wrote:With the "review" costingáBritish taxpayers millions, as well as the media presenting the McCanns as "cleared". is it any wonder that people are sceptical.á Surely people are entitled to express their views and sceptical attitudes.á Sadly I think it has taken Brenda Leyland's death for a lot of nonbelievers to surface.

the review like the leveson joke was a cameron knee jerk. as for ms leyland she hid behind the cloak of anonymity believing she wouldn't get caught. she was wrong. she was on a list and hey, someone has to be first. she wasn't stalked and she wasn't hounded. when faced with what she'd done the consequences which she had to face proved way too much.

Back to top Go down

Post  interested on Tue 7 Oct - 21:45

The cursed UK major TV networks tweeting Brenda Leyland's son with their "Hi there Ben......." messages, looking for the big exclusive after his mother was hounded to death.á Iáam notásurprised at the depth of their insensitivity, but I have to say I am still appalled.

interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC on Tue 7 Oct - 22:06

Marky wrote:
interested wrote:With the "review" costingáBritish taxpayers millions, as well as the media presenting the McCanns as "cleared". is it any wonder that people are sceptical.á Surely people are entitled to express their views and sceptical attitudes.á Sadly I think it has taken Brenda Leyland's death for a lot of nonbelievers to surface.

the review like the leveson joke was a cameron knee jerk. as for ms leyland she hid behind the cloak of anonymity believing she wouldn't get caught. she was wrong. she was on a list and hey, someone has to be first. she wasn't stalked and she wasn't hounded. when faced with what she'd done the consequences which she had to face proved way too much.

Well this reaction is not knee jerk because I have been thinking about this alot today and you are not the only one to say something along these lines Marky. But this is my opinion:

If Brenda Leyland hid behind the cloak of anonymity, it wasn't because she made the McCanns feel threatened; it is because she herself felt threatened by them. You say she wasn't stalked and she wasn't hounded. Okay, I concede, Mr Brunt was trying to be polite. But he did not knock on her door first and ask permission to film her. He did not ask if he could come inside so they could talk about the matter in private (as the police would have done); yes she did what she did in the privacy of her own home and if she were to be confronted over this, that as well should have been done in the privacy of her own home and, imo, nobody should be filmed without their permission, and nobody on film should form part of a TV programme without their permission.

I am not disputing that she was offensive; but she was obsessive over this case, even writing to the Prime Minister about it. It had got under her skin a great deal, perhaps too much so. Does that make her a criminal? Or does that mean perhaps she needed help? Make your own minds up. Many of us have obsessed about this case for some time but the majority of us know how far to take matters. Brenda Leyland, I think, took things a bit too far, and she was not on her own. But a case getting under your skin is like a drug getting into your system. Its can get addictive. Many alcoholics are abusive to hospital staff and cost the NHS loads of money - are they doorstepped? Many drug users rob and steal and attack elderly people in the street - do they get doorstepped? Many gamblers commit fraud to feed their habit - do they get doorstepped? Well no actually, in these instances the police are allowed to investigate their crimes via proper procedures giving them the opportunity of legal representation and some of them are even let off with a caution! But not Brenda Leyland. No warning caution for her. Martin Brunt may have been polite but he still threw her to the lions and all because, imo, she got herself so wound up and angry over this case that it became an obsession to her.
When faced with what she'd done the consequences which she had to face proved way too much.
Yes perhaps you are right, because I do not believe she really thought she was doing anything wrong or that she was making the McCanns feel threatened. If she wanted to be a threat to the McCanns she only lived 15 miles away from them, she could easily have gone to their house and posted nasty letters through the door or even shout abuse at them to their faces. But instead she wrote to the Prime Minister about it and vented her anger online instead where she probably thought the only people listening were like-minded. But her dread of the McCanns threatening her became a reality instead.

LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Judge Dread on Tue 7 Oct - 22:08

Marky wrote:

Hi Marky... After all these years, and you're still a WUM...

Judge Dread
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 594
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic on Tue 7 Oct - 22:09

@ interested

Jeez - they have hides like rhinos and they're twice as ugly.
And so thick they don't even realise how they appear to normal people - ie people with intelligence and proper jobs.

I hope he told them all to go forth and not multiply.

almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris on Tue 7 Oct - 22:43

Marky wrote:nope my little meerekat. your agenda is anti sky in general and brunt particular. your post is rubbish. you read the headline and nothing more. you didn't like it and went off on one. what you fail to realise is that you do the cause no favours. 90 some odd % of this country couldn't give a toss about this case. every time you shout out this nonsense you play into gerry's hands.

What a load of tosh. If as you say I stopped the headline it would have been difficult to comment on the content.

Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1607
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Judge Dread on Tue 7 Oct - 22:49

Marky wrote:
margaret wrote:
Marky wrote:

good article.

as far as you know.

No, it's a fact. They were handed a dossier but had taken no action...

Sky News undaunted by the lack of police action, sent in Martin Brunt to 'out' Brenda Leyland even though they knew the police had not approached or spoken to her and she had not been charged with any offence.

And that is not acceptable...

Judge Dread
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 594
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris on Tue 7 Oct - 22:51

LJC wrote:
If Brenda Leyland hid behind the cloak of anonymity, it wasn't because she made the McCanns feel threatened; it is because she herself felt threatened by them. áYou say she wasn't stalked and she wasn't hounded. Okay, I concede, Mr Brunt was trying to be polite. áBut he did not knock on her door first and ask permission to film her. áHe did not ask if he could come inside so they could talk about the matter in private (as the police would have done); yes she did what she did in the privacy of her own home and if she were to be confronted over this, that as well should have been done in the privacy of her own home and, imo, nobody should be filmed without their permission, and nobody on film should form part of a TV programme without their permission.

(edited for comment)

Unlike many posting here and elsewhere she was actually prepared to go on record and made statements on her views to both SY and Crime Watch if her tweets are to be believed. If Brunt/Sky had taken the trouble to read her tweets at length the absurdity of using her as the centrepiece example of their "troll" story should have been apparent.

Last edited by Chris on Tue 7 Oct - 23:01; edited 1 time in total

Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1607
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue 7 Oct - 22:53

It may interest you to know that Sweepy was in contact with the Met just after Crimewatch was broadcast and she said that they treated her very respectfully. That does not sound like a woman who was under investigation by the police, who have since confirmed that they did not interview her or were taking any action.

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi on Tue 7 Oct - 23:14

hiya Iris not doubting you at all about the police not taking any action. is there any where I can see read this. for others, not here.

tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3096
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue 7 Oct - 23:25

tanszi wrote:hiya Iris ánot doubting you at all about the police not taking any action. áis there any where I can see read this. áfor others, not here.
They said so on the BBC news a couple of days ago.

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi on Tue 7 Oct - 23:34

Thanks Iris. so police action or lack of its wasn't to someones satisfaction. hence the doorstepping. what some people will do or have done for them. to me its beyond belief.

tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Back to top Go down

Post  interested on Wed 8 Oct - 1:17

I don't know if it has been mentioned before but I've been thinking about Martin Brunt's 'billing' as a "Crime Correspondent".á What "crime" did he think was involved here?á Or, is he some sort of vigilante fighting what he perceives to be crime?

As I understand it, Brenda Leyland's tweets were not addressed to the McCanns.á Theyáexpressed her opinions about the McCanns but were posted on twitter which in turn can be read by anyone in the world.

There has been a lot of chatter on the "#mccann" timeline tonight which suggests that Brenda herself was the subject of some very disturbing comments/threats from pro-McCann tweeters.

Perhaps Mr. Brunt might have looked into both sides before accosting this lady while accompanied by a camera crew.

interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi on Wed 8 Oct - 1:49

interested the thought that two sides of the situation might be considered in any other case but this might have been considered. áthat any pro McCs could be abusers is something which cannot be seen to be less there be implications for the McCs, and their reputations. áthe McCs will surely have been aware that some of their supporters post in a manner which G would have investigated by the police and a request that the perpetrator be made an example of. áyet again one rule for one, and another for others. imo.

tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Back to top Go down

Post  jinvta on Wed 8 Oct - 2:01

It drives me bonkers every time I read that the McCanns have been cleared! However, surely the McCanns love this misinformation being spread almost on a daily basis.

Many still believe everything they read in the papers, and are thus supportive of the McCanns. So very frustrating! Who exactly "cleared" the McCanns and when?

jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1065
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed 8 Oct - 6:55

Chris wrote:
Marky wrote:nope my little meerekat. your agenda is anti sky in general and brunt particular. your post is rubbish. you read the headline and nothing more. you didn't like it and went off on one. what you fail to realise is that you do the cause no favours. 90 some odd % of this country couldn't give a toss about this case. every time you shout out this nonsense you play into gerry's hands.

What a load of tosh. If as you say I stopped the headline it would have been difficult to comment on the content.

when considering your post i'd say difficult is just about right.

Last edited by Marky on Wed 8 Oct - 11:03; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:55

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top