Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mysterious death of the woman who attacked the McCanns

4 posters

Go down

Mysterious death of the woman who attacked the McCanns Empty Mysterious death of the woman who attacked the McCanns

Post  Karen Fri 10 Oct - 8:58

Brenda Leyland known on twitter as sweepyface

Maddie Case: English woman was found dead in a hotel room
British Media Regulator has received 34 complaints over Sky News report

by Marisa Rodrigues

The English authorities have not yet been able to explain the death of a woman accused of “attacking” Kate and Gerry, Madeleine McCann's parents, on the social media. Brenda Leyland, 63 years old, was found dead in a hotel room, two days after her identity was exposed in a Sky News report.

Brenda's name, according to that English TV channel, was reportedly included in a list given to the Metropolitan Police along with dozens of persons who have made comments considered excessive against Kate and Gerry. This is a 80-page dossier containing comments from Twitter, Facebook and online forums against the couple, some of which death threats.

Brenda was just another of the couple's critics. She has allegedly written that the child's parents should suffer “for the rest of their miserable lives”, and that Kate and Gerry “should burn in hell” and live “in total misery”.

A Sky News report crew decided to doorstep Brenda at her house in Leicester, where the McCanns live. With the camera always on and without protecting the woman's face the reporter asked her why she wrote those messages on Twitter, to which she replied “I’m entitled to do that”. Then the reporter informed her the police was investigating her activities. The woman did not show concern.

The report was broadcast on Thursday and the media harassment that ensued has allegedly forced her to leave her home. On Saturday night, the police were called to a hotel in Leicester and Brenda was found dead in one of the rooms. At that time, the local police said the death was not being treated as suspicious. But the causes are not yet known.

Criticism about the outing

Sky News and the reporter have been severely criticized by the British public opinion. Ofcom, the body that regulates the activity of the Media in the United Kingdom, received 34 complaints about the report and is considering whether to open an investigation against its authors.

in Jornal de notícias, paper edition, October 7 2014

English return next week

Scotland Yard (SY) is expected in Faro next week for a meeting at the Judiciary Police Directorship of Faro. The meeting between the leaders of the two police forces will be used to work out the details of the next steps in the Algarve, within the scope of the English investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine.

The team led by Andy Redwood wants to question “seven persons of interest”, including the three men that had previously testified.

JN knows that there is still no date set for the completion of these steps which appear in the fifth letter rogatory sent by the British authorities in August and received by the Public Ministry after the searches in Praia da Luz failed to produce any results.

SY's “Operation Grange”, started in 2011 - four years after the disappearance of Madeleine - and has already cost over nine million euros.

in Jornal de notícias, paper edition, October
Karen
Karen
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 635
Warning :
Mysterious death of the woman who attacked the McCanns Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Mysterious death of the woman who attacked the McCanns Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-26

Back to top Go down

Mysterious death of the woman who attacked the McCanns Empty Re: Mysterious death of the woman who attacked the McCanns

Post  weissnicht Fri 10 Oct - 9:21

Well..........“should burn in hell” .......they in my understanding (about religions) will do so, they are catholics after all, right?
weissnicht
weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 851
Warning :
Mysterious death of the woman who attacked the McCanns Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Mysterious death of the woman who attacked the McCanns Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Mysterious death of the woman who attacked the McCanns Empty Re: Mysterious death of the woman who attacked the McCanns

Post  kitti Fri 10 Oct - 9:32

Right let's tear this article apart from LIES to TRUTHS.

'attacking Gerry and Kate McCann on twitter '.......the mccanns weren't on twitter so she couldn't 'attack' them.

'Kate and Gerry “should burn in hell'...she never ever said that

'the mccanns should suffer for the rest of their miserable lives'...she answered a question that was put to her after getting abuse

'“I’m entitled to do that”...what she actually said was ..'I'm entitled to my opinion'....the 'my opinion' was bleeped out by sky to make it looks like she as being nasty by saying 'I'm entitled to do that'.

Why should facts get in the way off a story...

I be they haven't got the guts to add..'Brenda donated to the mccanns fund'....no, let's not put any facts in this story.

kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  winjoy Fri 10 Oct - 12:47

kitti wrote:Right let's tear this article apart from LIES to TRUTHS.

'attacking Gerry and Kate McCann on twitter '.......the mccanns weren't on twitter so she couldn't 'attack' them.

'Kate and Gerry “should burn in hell'...she never ever said that

'the mccanns should suffer for the rest of their miserable lives'...she answered a question that was put to her after getting abuse

'“I’m entitled to do that”...what she actually said was ..'I'm entitled to my opinion'....the 'my opinion' was bleeped out by sky to make it looks like she as being nasty by saying   'I'm entitled to do that'.

Why should  facts get in the way off a story...

I be they haven't  got the guts to add..'Brenda donated to the mccanns fund'....no, let's not put any facts in this story.

Totally agree kitti.
winjoy
winjoy
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Number of posts : 130
Warning :

Registration date : 2013-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down