Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Syria warns West against intervention

+7
fuzeta
katertaif
AnnaEsse
Lioned
kitti
Claudia79
Panda
11 posters

Page 4 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 25  Next

Go down

Syria warns West against intervention - Page 4 Empty Re: Syria warns West against intervention

Post  katertaif Sun 19 Oct - 14:37

Badboy wrote:KURDISH FORCES APPEAR TO STILL BE GAINING GROUND AGAINST ISIS FORCES AROUND KOBANI,YOU HAVE TO ADMIRE KURDISH FORCES,PROPERBLY OUTGUNNED AND OUTNUMBEREDTHERE SEEM TO BE WINNING.

You do indeed have to admire them. I believe that is in part the problem with Turkey, and why they don't want to have to fight them in pursuit of a Kurdish homeland. Of course Turkey has superiority in every way, then as you say look what they are doing against an enemy, a vicious enemy at that, who outnumber them in men and materiel. A force to be reckoned with, and one who when ISIL is finally beaten deserve their own slice of home.
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1296
Warning :
Syria warns West against intervention - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Syria warns West against intervention - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2014-02-24

Back to top Go down

Syria warns West against intervention - Page 4 Empty Fierce fighting in Kobane

Post  Panda Sun 19 Oct - 19:16

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Syria warns West against intervention - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Syria warns West against intervention - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Syria warns West against intervention - Page 4 Empty Could IS be flying War Planes?

Post  Panda Sun 19 Oct - 19:44

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Syria warns West against intervention - Page 4 Empty Re: Syria warns West against intervention

Post  Badboy Sun 19 Oct - 22:40

katertaif wrote:
Badboy wrote:
katertaif wrote:
Badboy wrote:ISIS HAVE LOST OVER 1,000 IN FIGHT FOR KOBANI,KURDISH FORCES ARE WINNING IT SEEMS.
ISIS ARE TRAINING FIGHTER PILOTS AND FLYING FIGHTER PLANES,IT IS REPORTED.
ALSO ISIS ARE TELLING FIGHTERS NOT TO TWEET.

The more they lose the better. that means fewer our forces will have to take out sooner or later. I can well believe they are training fighter pilots, they must have captured a few aircraft by now and I imagine there will be some defectors at least among their ranks.

I don't think it's a great problem though. They cannot possibly be up to the touch of the western pilots against them. The danger would come in if they started using "divine wind" tactics and using the aircraft as flying bombs.
I HAVE JUST REMEMBER THERE ARE BEING TRAINED BY IRAQI PILOTS WHO USED TO WORK FOR SADDAM HUSSEIN.
THESE FIGHTER PLANES HAVE BEEN SEEN NEAR ALEPPO,I THINK ISIS HAVE CAPTURED A SYRIAN AIRFORCE BASE WHICH IS WHERE PLANES COME FROM.

Yes Badboy I had a feeling they would be Iraqi pilots. As I say, unless they start using them as flying bombs which is the  big danger, I can't see them being much of a match for the vastly more modern western aircraft. Even the Tornado is newer than the MiG's and Sukhois provided by the Russians. The Iraqi aircraft that Iran was supposed to be refurbishing alone are getting on for 30-35 years old. Syrian ones may be a little more modern but it won't be much. Even the Russians will draw the line at providing more to Syria at the moment.
ITS BEEN REPORTED THAT ISIS WERE FLYING 3 MIGS FROM AN AIRFORCE BASE NEAR ALEPPO.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sun 19 Oct - 22:50

JHADIS HAVE BEEN TAKING THEIR CHILDREN INCLUDING A 8YEAR OLD BOY TO THE`CALIPHATE'
LEBANON MIGHT BE NEXT,THEY RECKON.
A SPECTULAR ON HEZBOLLAH HQ COULD IGNITE LEBANON'S CIVIL WAR.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Mon 20 Oct - 0:19

ISIS IS FACING A GUERILLA CAMPAIGN OF THEIR OWN IN DEIR-EZ-ZEIR PROVINCE WITH REGULAR ATTACKS,SO MUCH SO,THERE ARE NOW TRAVELLING IN GROUPS.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Syria warns West against intervention - Page 4 Empty How Kurds the World forgot are holding off IS

Post  Panda Mon 20 Oct - 17:03

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Mon 20 Oct - 21:38

ARMS ARE BENG DROPPED INTO KOBANE BY PLANE.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 21 Oct - 7:38

Badboy wrote:ARMS ARE BENG DROPPED INTO KOBANE BY PLANE.

Yes Badboy ,I read that .Assad has lost control of Syria .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-29698930
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  katertaif Tue 21 Oct - 8:25

I confess I have mixed feelings on this one. Any action that helps the Kurds is to be welcomed of course, but one possible problem is that the situation on the ground is so fluid, and we keep getting reports that Kurdish and Iraqi forward positions can actually hear IS forces, I wonder if all the ordnance is getting to the right people.

I feel there must be special forces on the ground there to help the Kurdish armed forces get the equipment working. Some of it, I am thinking of the "stinger" needs training to operate it.

Then, I am fairly sure that Turkey is putting pressure on because a strong Peshmerga is the last thing they want. To a large degree they're stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Western policy is fragmentary at best. Obama and the US who are in the best position seem to change their stance with the weather. We are doing our best but the cuts in our own armed forces over years mean that our best is not a great deal. Plenty of others are supplying aircraft for air strikes which seem to be bothering IS only a little bit.

Russia and China seem to be sitting in the fence, sooner or later they will have to get off it, just as sooner or later we have to defeat these people. That is fraught with danger I agree with the "my brother right or wrong" syndrome coming in to play. It will very likely spawn more terrorist gangs. The alternative is even worse as they will just get stronger and stronger taking over by what used to be called "salami" tactics. A slice at a time.
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  katertaif Tue 21 Oct - 10:34

Badboy wrote:JHADIS HAVE BEEN TAKING THEIR CHILDREN INCLUDING A 8YEAR OLD BOY TO THE`CALIPHATE'
LEBANON MIGHT BE NEXT,THEY RECKON.
A SPECTULAR ON HEZBOLLAH HQ COULD IGNITE LEBANON'S CIVIL WAR.

The Lebanon has been simmering for some time with faction fighting breaking out periodically. Hezbollah might have enough on it's plate propping up Assad and may be seen as an easy target by some other terror group. You have to give thanks that these terrorist factions are part of the peaceful and tolerant faith that is Islam.
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Tue 21 Oct - 22:20

reported that 5 brits a week areHEADING TO JOIN ISIS IN SYRIA/IRAQ.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Tue 21 Oct - 22:37

Panda wrote:

Yes Badboy ,I read that .Assad has lost control of Syria .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-29698930
THE MAP SEEMS TO SHOW ISIS EXPANSION IN ALEPPO AREA.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  katertaif Tue 21 Oct - 23:30

Badboy wrote:reported that 5 brits a week areHEADING TO JOIN ISIS  IN SYRIA/IRAQ.

That does not surprise me in the least old son. I don't believe in this radicalisation concept anyway. I m mildly surprised that it is only 5 a week.
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Syria warns West against intervention - Page 4 Empty IS claims video shows they intercepted US Arms drop to Syria

Post  Panda Wed 22 Oct - 9:36

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Syria warns West against intervention - Page 4 Empty Fourth Portsman dies in Syria

Post  Panda Sat 25 Oct - 16:02

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  katertaif Sat 25 Oct - 16:33

Let's say he had a British Passport. That has nothing to do with where his sympathies lay. From the horrendous accounts of the things these people have done and given that his self evident sympathies were at least in broad agreement with them I have no feelings for him
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 25 Oct - 16:45

katertaif wrote:

Let's say he had a British Passport. That has nothing to do with where his sympathies lay. From the horrendous accounts of the things these people have done and given that his self evident sympathies were at least in broad agreement with them I have no feelings for him

Nor me, it is another example of the World we are living in and Man's incapacity to stop the rot.

The latest victim of Ebola is a two year old girl from Mali

The exodus from Ukraine into Russia is just what Putin wants , does the UN censure him for arming the Rebels in Ukraine?

Canada, a peaceful Country not involved in World Politics now has the problem of finding the Rebels.

The list goes on.

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sat 25 Oct - 21:13

LEBANON'S ARMY IS BATTLING ISIS MILITANTS IN TRIPOLI.
ISIS DURING THE LAST HOUR HAS LAUNCHED AN OFFENSIVE AGAINST KOBANI,FIERCE FIGHTING I BELIEVE IS TAKING PLACE.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sat 25 Oct - 21:23

katertaif wrote:

SEVERAL LESS TO WORRY ABOUT.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 25 Oct - 23:08

Badboy wrote:
katertaif wrote:

I don't get it either. The government policy seems to be to spend loads of taxpayers money to retrieve them and rehabilitate them. Or try and discourage them from going in the first place. Well, here is a radical idea... if they've gone that far, they're radicalised already, they are gone. Leave them to get on with it. I really do not care if these people get killed. Their ideology means that they would kill me and mine, in a heartbeat. I don't want them back here.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  katertaif Sat 25 Oct - 23:31

Badboy wrote:
katertaif wrote:

Absolutely Badboy!!! I think you echo the feelings of all right thinking people. Of course IS will declare him a martyr. I won't lose any sleep over that either.
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  katertaif Sat 25 Oct - 23:40

Iris wrote:
Badboy wrote:
katertaif wrote:

I don't get it either.  The government policy seems to be to spend loads of taxpayers money to retrieve them and rehabilitate them.  Or try and discourage them from going in the first place.  Well, here is a radical idea... if they've gone that far, they're radicalised already, they are gone.  Leave them to get on with it.  I really do not care if these people get killed.  Their ideology means that they would kill me and mine, in a heartbeat.  I don't want them back here.

Perfectly put Iris. As you say they are already radicalised. It doesn't seem to take much to radicalise them does it? I wonder what the real attraction is. fighting for Islam or the prospect of women on demand and a part in the killing of anyone disagreeing with their narrow views. I do know that anyone who thinks he's entitled to take a woman whenever he wants one, or the mass killing of innocents is normal is someone we do NOT want back. The more of those who go, and preferably get killed the better.

In all the years I spent in Saudi Arabia, Oman Libya etc. One thing that shone through was that many of them had sex uppermost in their minds. This seems to be borne out by what is happening there. To some degree here as well. As you say we do not want them back.
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  katertaif Sat 25 Oct - 23:52

Panda wrote:
katertaif wrote:

Nor me, it is another example of the World we are living in and Man's incapacity to stop the rot.

The latest victim of Ebola is a two year old girl from Mali

The exodus from Ukraine into Russia is just what Putin wants , does the UN censure him for arming the Rebels in Ukraine?

Canada, a peaceful Country not involved in World Politics now has the problem of finding the Rebels.

The list goes on.

Canada recently joined the coalition of air strikes against the IS murderers and rapists. There is a very strong sense in Islamic countries of "My brother right or wrong". Canada signing up even though they put the caveat of 6 months on it, was enough to declare them an enemy. Their security wasn't geared up for a random attack such as this. Hopefully they will be now. It seems a number of these attacks are being committed by "converts" They seem more fundamental in whatever it is they believe in.
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sun 26 Oct - 0:23

katertaif wrote:
Iris wrote:
Badboy wrote:
katertaif wrote:

I don't get it either.  The government policy seems to be to spend loads of taxpayers money to retrieve them and rehabilitate them.  Or try and discourage them from going in the first place.  Well, here is a radical idea... if they've gone that far, they're radicalised already, they are gone.  Leave them to get on with it.  I really do not care if these people get killed.  Their ideology means that they would kill me and mine, in a heartbeat.  I don't want them back here.

Perfectly put Iris. As you say they are already radicalised. It doesn't seem to take much to radicalise them does it? I wonder what the real attraction is. fighting for Islam or the prospect of women on demand and a part in the killing of anyone disagreeing with their narrow views. I do know that anyone who thinks he's entitled to take a woman whenever he wants one, or the mass killing of innocents is  normal is someone we do NOT want back. The more of those who go, and preferably get killed the better.

In all the years I spent in Saudi Arabia, Oman Libya etc. One thing that shone through was that many of them had sex uppermost in their minds. This seems to be borne out by what is happening there. To some degree here as well. As you say we do not want them back.
IT IS BEING SAID THAT SEX AND POSSIBLY MURDER IS THE MAIN ATTRACTION OF JOINING ISIS
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 25  Next