Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gerry McCann bitching...............

4 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Gerry McCann bitching............... - Page 2 Empty Re: Gerry McCann bitching...............

Post  Guest Wed 11 Mar - 14:41

Gerry McCann : It really was a circus.

Is this idiot taking the mick?

He started the circus Gerry McCann bitching............... - Page 2 948585
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Gerry McCann bitching............... - Page 2 Empty Re: Gerry McCann bitching...............

Post  Krisy22 Wed 11 Mar - 15:00

Gerrys awful grin was so weird it made me feel ill. Gerry McCann bitching............... - Page 2 477442 There is something very strange about him. Gerry McCann bitching............... - Page 2 847843
Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3382
Warning :
Gerry McCann bitching............... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Gerry McCann bitching............... - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 11 Mar - 15:02

Krisy22 wrote:Gerrys awful grin was so weird it made me feel ill. Gerry McCann bitching............... - Page 2 477442 There is something very strange about him. Gerry McCann bitching............... - Page 2 847843

Anyone who is married to a stick insect is strange :Devil:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Gerry McCann bitching............... - Page 2 Empty Madeleine McCann's father Gerry calls for tighter press regulation

Post  Susan Wed 11 Mar - 20:48

* Oliver Luft
* guardian.co.uk, Tuesday 10 March 2009

The father of missing toddler Madeleine McCann today called for more stringent regulation of the press and slammed coverage surrounding the disappearance of his daughter in Portugal in 2007, calling it some of the most "irresponsible and damaging" in press history.

Gerry McCann, talking to the Commons culture, media and sport committee looking into press standards, said that despite an initial desire in some elements of the press to help find Madeleine, her disappearance quickly became a means to sell newspapers. He added that ficticious stories were detrimental to the search for Madeleine.

"Our family has been the focus of some of the most sensational, untruthful, irresponsible and damaging reporting in the history of the press," McCann told the committee.

"If it were not for the love of our family and friends and the love of the general public this disgraceful conduct, particularly in the tragic circumstances we found ourselves in, may have resulted in the complete destruction of our family."

Asked by MPs if he and his wife, Kate, considered a complaint to the PCC, McCann said the outgoing Press Complaints Commission chairman, Sir Christopher Meyer, advised him that his best course of action was a legal claim.

McCann said that the PCC had been helpful in protecting the privacy of his other children. However, he went on to say that more stringent regulation and a greater level of redress against press stories was required. There were gaps in regulation, he said.

"There has to be some degree of control, I believe, or deterrent to publising untrue and particularly damaging stories where they have the potential to ruin people's lives."

Asked by the committee why he and his family only took action against a single newspaper group, McCann said that Express Newspapers were the biggest offenders by some distance but they could have easily sued more publishers. "That was not what we were interested in, we were interested in putting a stop to it first and foremost," McCann said.

The McCanns launched a libel action against Express Newspapers for more than 100 articles that appeared in its newspapers.

A year ago, Express Newspapers published front-page apologies in the Daily Express, Sunday Express, Daily Star and Daily Star Sunday to the McCann family and paid them £550,000 in libel damages over coverage of Madeleine's disapperance.

Flanked by his legal representatives, Adam Tudor of Carter-Ruck, and press representative Clarence Mitchell, McCann told MPs that it became a cause for concern that he was in dispute with Express Newspapers when the Express editor Peter Hill was sitting on the board of the press watchdog. Hill subsequently left the PCC board.

"I did think it was surprising that the editor of the paper that had so flagrantly libelled us could be a representative of the PCC," McCann said.

Oh really Gerry?

Quote of the Day - Looking back on the Madeleine Case

"Tomorrow will be a family day. We are doing a photo-shoot with the twins for the Sunday newspapers in the morning but will involve stuff that we want to do with them anyway."

Gerry McCann blog Day 23 - 26/05/2007 - Saturday
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 11477
Location : Spain. The place where children are welcome in tapas bars
Warning :
Gerry McCann bitching............... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Gerry McCann bitching............... - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-21

https://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  pm Wed 11 Mar - 21:07

can i suggest a clown award?

and the winner is ....Gerry Mccann

when i read his last interviews i always laught a lot...for not crying

he thinks we don´t have memory?
pm
pm
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4300
Location : Cave of the MOUNTAIN OF THE 3RD WORLD - PORTUGAL - St Gerald i am sending your goats to you again
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Wed 11 Mar - 21:09

pm wrote:can i suggest a clown award?

But thats the thing....as Doctors you'd thinkthey would have a good memory but Gerry and Kate and the rest of them are thick if they think we are stupid!
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pm Wed 11 Mar - 21:12

Ambersuz wrote:
pm wrote:can i suggest a clown award?

But thats the thing....as Doctors you'd thinkthey would have a good memory but Gerry and Kate and the rest of them are thick if they think we are stupid!

i think they know that many don´t read all the news and those they can fool!

Why he don´t simply shut up as Kate decided to do!

Is better for him and at the end is better for us

they want to be seen as the vitims for....more money for the fund

Oh, we are so unhappy, we are so sad , but sometimes we go to parties, we go to holidays...
pm
pm
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Location : Cave of the MOUNTAIN OF THE 3RD WORLD - PORTUGAL - St Gerald i am sending your goats to you again
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Wed 11 Mar - 21:17

I think they know they cant fool everyone as they are looking at the forums but its odd that people who dont read forums still believe them!

I was having a manicure yesterday and took along the booklet along for the owner...all the other women in there were asking what the heading meant as we were sort of discussing it out loud...I told them to read one reason each and all I could hear was Gerry McCann bitching............... - Page 2 29204 and Gerry McCann bitching............... - Page 2 29204 and more Gerry McCann bitching............... - Page 2 29204

They couldnt believe it....anyways I now know I wont get the book back for ages! Gerry McCann bitching............... - Page 2 25346
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pm Wed 11 Mar - 21:20

Ambersuz wrote:I think they know they cant fool everyone as they are looking at the forums but its odd that people who dont read forums still believe them!

I was having a manicure yesterday and took along the booklet along for the owner...all the other women in there were asking what the heading meant as we were sort of discussing it out loud...I told them to read one reason each and all I could hear was Gerry McCann bitching............... - Page 2 29204 and Gerry McCann bitching............... - Page 2 29204 and more Gerry McCann bitching............... - Page 2 29204

They couldnt believe it....anyways I now know I wont get the book back for ages! Gerry McCann bitching............... - Page 2 25346

a good way to spread the word and information about Maddie is with a TV report!

i wish some day someone do a TV report - a good one with all the facts - about it

that will change many people opinions
pm
pm
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Wed 11 Mar - 21:22

pm wrote:
Ambersuz wrote:I think they know they cant fool everyone as they are looking at the forums but its odd that people who dont read forums still believe them!

i wish some day someone do a TV report - a good one with all the facts - about it

There is one on the way.....in October I think Gerry McCann bitching............... - Page 2 849426
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pm Wed 11 Mar - 21:25

Ambersuz wrote:
pm wrote:

There is one on the way.....in October I think Gerry McCann bitching............... - Page 2 849426

out of Portugal?

because we had one very good - i posted it - but in Portugal only a minority of people believe in MCCanns inocence
the ones that can´t belive that they were capable of killing her, says that they know what happened to her and they helped hiding the body
pm
pm
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Wed 11 Mar - 21:35

Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 12 Mar - 5:59

They [PCC] are down on the Press at the moment, somewhat credulously indulging criticisms of newspapers made to them on Tuesday by Gerry McCann, whose three-year-old daughter, Madeleine, vanished from the family's apartment in Praia da Luz in Portugal in May 2007.

According to Mr McCann, he and his wife 'have been the focus of some of the most sensationalist, untruthful, irresponsible and damaging reporting in the history of the Press'.

Up to a point, I'd say. God knows, some newspapers committed some unpardonable excesses. But newspapers also provided indispensable publicity to the McCanns in their desperate attempt to track down Madeleine. Indeed, the McCanns and their PR people became expert at manipulating the media to their advantage. Nor, I am afraid to say, was their own conduct invariably above criticism, either at the time of their daughter's disappearance or later.

Of course, the McCanns have a case against newspapers, and are not to be bracketed with Max Mosley, who in my view has none at all. It seems odd, though, that members of the Culture Committee, who are presumably in favour of a free Press, should be giving such a field day to its critics at a time when the future of some newspapers is in peril.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1161336/A-privacy-law-suit-Mr-Mosley-nicely-Like-father-does-believe-freedom.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 12 Mar - 6:30

I don't think the McCanns wil take too kindly to this bit from an article by Mariella Frostrup in todays Guardian

Gerry McCann said on BBC2's Newsnight only a couple of days ago that the search for Madeleine was ongoing, and he would go "public when we feel we need more in the public arena". It seems he hasn't learned his lesson. The media don't just sit there waiting to publicise what they're told, they set their own agenda - not that of those hoping to bend it to their advantage, however worthy the cause.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 12 Mar - 6:44

justagrannynow wrote:I don't think the McCanns wil take too kindly to this bit from an article by Mariella Frostrup in todays Guardian

Gerry McCann said on BBC2's Newsnight only a couple of days ago that the search for Madeleine was ongoing, and he would go "public when we feel we need more in the public arena". It seems he hasn't learned his lesson. The media don't just sit there waiting to publicise what they're told, they set their own agenda - not that of those hoping to bend it to their advantage, however worthy the cause.

Gerry thinks he can rule the everyone, including the media and how mistaken he is.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Gerry McCann bitching............... - Page 2 Empty Gerry Attacks Journalists : ‘We cannot forgive the Newspapers suggestion that Madeleine is dead’

Post  pm Thu 12 Mar - 11:30

Gerry Attacks Journalists : ‘We cannot forgive the Newspapers suggestion that Madeleine is dead’

Called to the British Parliament to discuss the behaviour of media coverage in the case of the disappearance of his daughter, the doctor made harsh criticisms.

by Duarte Levy

The father of Madeleine, Gerry McCann, was heard yesterday by the members of the standing committee of the British Parliament for the matters of Culture, Media and Sport, to whom he explained, for during little more than an hour, which was his viewpoint about the work of the journalists, particularly the Portuguese, to whom he has not spared criticism.

"Although the elements of media coverage have undoubtedly been useful in the search for Madeleine, our family was the focus of some of the most sensationalist content, false, irresponsible and harmful in the history of the press," lamented the father of the girl best known of the planet. After expressing its solidarity with Maddie’s parents, the members of the commission questioned the three witnesses about the behaviour of the media, aiming in particular at the Portuguese newspapers.

Considering that the content of news published in the early days did not help at all the couple, Madeleine’s father failed to explain why the couple did not respect the advice of the authorities to not use the media, putting at risk the life of their own daughter.

"Drunken" English

The spokesman of Kate and Gerry even accused his former colleagues of having worked in Praia da Luz in a "convivial atmosphere" where they spent the time getting drunk, which eventually forced him to intervene in a daily basis to prevent that the journalists published whatever they obtained from the bad translations of the Portuguese newspaper covers, after they had spent the night drinking in bars.

Gerry McCann also criticized the Portuguese journalists that would be at the origin of news that affected the couple and that were immediately copied by English colleagues, which would then be quoted in the following day in Portugal.

For Madeleine’s father, the fact that Portuguese laws date back to the time of a fascist government and afterwards of a communist government explain the reasons of the said laws not working, which, according to the doctor, explains, as well, the existence of the secrecy of justice to which the journalists did not comply without suffering any legal consequences, stressing that the source of much information was the police.

The British parliamentary committee, consisting predominantly by members from the [Labour] party of the Prime Minister Gordon Brown, who directly interfered in the investigations, is conducting a survey on the standards applied to the work of journalists in England.

The committee wants to assess whether the media professionals respected the privacy of those involved and understand what has happened in the cases where the media was accused of libel and ended up paying important sums for cases that never reached the courtrooms.

Along with Madeleine McCann’s father, were still questioned Clarence Mitchell, spokesman for the couple, and Adam Tudor, a Carter-Ruck lawyer which represented Kate and Gerry in the processes interposed against several media outlets in the United Kingdom. It was equally this lawyer’s office who directly threatened several journalists in Portugal and abroad without ever having taken the case to court.

Source: 24 Horas page 9
pm
pm
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pm Thu 12 Mar - 11:30

And I'm sure they cannot forgive Eddie and Keela for signaling blood spots and cadaver scent in their apartment, car and clothes, and their handler Martin Grimmes,the british police for suggesting to bring the dogs to the scene, the first FSS report, etc., etc. ...
Rosie
pm
pm
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 12 Mar - 11:37

There is evidence that Madeleine died in the apartment.

There is NO evidence whatsoever that she was abducted.

I do not believe that Gerry McCann is deluded, therefore he is a liar, IMO of course.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 12 Mar - 13:34

justagrannynow wrote:There is evidence that Madeleine died in the apartment.

There is NO evidence whatsoever that she was abducted.

I do not believe that Gerry McCann is deluded, therefore he is a liar, IMO of course.

He should ask the police and experts. They say a child is more likely to be dead after 3 hours if they havent found her/him.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Gerry McCann bitching............... - Page 2 Empty Gerry attacks journalists

Post  lynn Fri 13 Mar - 10:22

pm wrote:Gerry Attacks Journalists : ‘We cannot forgive the Newspapers suggestion that Madeleine is dead’

The couple know exactly what happened to Madeleine and this is why they can continue their attacks on journalists and the media.

Called to the British Parliament to discuss the behaviour of media coverage in the case of the disappearance of his daughter, the doctor made harsh criticisms.

by Duarte Levy

The father of Madeleine, Gerry McCann, was heard yesterday by the members of the standing committee of the British Parliament for the matters of Culture, Media and Sport, to whom he explained, for during little more than an hour, which was his viewpoint about the work of the journalists, particularly the Portuguese, to whom he has not spared criticism.

"Although the elements of media coverage have undoubtedly been useful in the search for Madeleine, our family was the focus of some of the most sensationalist content, false, irresponsible and harmful in the history of the press," lamented the father of the girl best known of the planet. After expressing its solidarity with Maddie’s parents, the members of the commission questioned the three witnesses about the behaviour of the media, aiming in particular at the Portuguese newspapers.

Considering that the content of news published in the early days did not help at all the couple, Madeleine’s father failed to explain why the couple did not respect the advice of the authorities to not use the media, putting at risk the life of their own daughter.

"Drunken" English

The spokesman of Kate and Gerry even accused his former colleagues of having worked in Praia da Luz in a "convivial atmosphere" where they spent the time getting drunk, which eventually forced him to intervene in a daily basis to prevent that the journalists published whatever they obtained from the bad translations of the Portuguese newspaper covers, after they had spent the night drinking in bars.

Gerry McCann also criticized the Portuguese journalists that would be at the origin of news that affected the couple and that were immediately copied by English colleagues, which would then be quoted in the following day in Portugal.

For Madeleine’s father, the fact that Portuguese laws date back to the time of a fascist government and afterwards of a communist government explain the reasons of the said laws not working, which, according to the doctor, explains, as well, the existence of the secrecy of justice to which the journalists did not comply without suffering any legal consequences, stressing that the source of much information was the police.

The British parliamentary committee, consisting predominantly by members from the [Labour] party of the Prime Minister Gordon Brown, who directly interfered in the investigations, is conducting a survey on the standards applied to the work of journalists in England.

The committee wants to assess whether the media professionals respected the privacy of those involved and understand what has happened in the cases where the media was accused of libel and ended up paying important sums for cases that never reached the courtrooms.

Along with Madeleine McCann’s father, were still questioned Clarence Mitchell, spokesman for the couple, and Adam Tudor, a Carter-Ruck lawyer which represented Kate and Gerry in the processes interposed against several media outlets in the United Kingdom. It was equally this lawyer’s office who directly threatened several journalists in Portugal and abroad without ever having taken the case to court.

Source: 24 Horas page 9
lynn
lynn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 928
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 13 Mar - 10:26

Welcome to the forum Lynn :Hiya:

You are right, they do know and this is now why they need to stop the media as Tony is shaking them up and the Macs know one of them may report it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Gerry McCann bitching............... - Page 2 Empty Gerry McCann calls for tighter press regulation

Post  lynn Sat 14 Mar - 1:40

A bit hypocritical seeing the press had been used to the max by the McCanns and Mr Clifford had been hired too. Anyone who has had a child who has gone missing would welcome as much press, TV, and media outlet input in order to help try to find the child. How often has bad press, according to the McCanns, happened when a child has gone missing, very little, if any. They the McCanns ask for what they call "bad press". Their behaviour has been intolerable and has made a lot of people angry.
lynn
lynn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 928
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Gerry McCann bitching............... - Page 2 Empty Gerry's complaints leave a bitter taste

Post  Guest Sat 14 Mar - 7:09

The press are changing Gerry McCann bitching............... - Page 2 29204

Daily Mail

13 March 2009

Jan Moir

Gerry's complaints leave a bitter taste

How strange it was to see pale, pugnacious Gerry McCann back in the news this week. It serves as a reminder that while the world has moved on for the rest of us, time stands still for him.

For the McCann family, the clocks stopped nearly two years ago, on that terrible night in the Algarve when their three-year-old daughter slipped from public view and has not been seen since.

In their quest to find Madeleine, the desperate McCanns invited the world's Press into their lives. It was a relationship that was doomed to sour.

Grievance: Gerry McCann has complained about the Press

For months, the McCanns' efforts to keep their daughter's plight high on the news agenda were intense. Far from shrinking from the oxygen of publicity, what they feared most was the muffle of public apathy. In the process, they became experts at manipulating the media to their own advantage.

At one point, Mr McCann even returned to the family home in Leicestershire to tie his own yellow ribbon to the teddystocked Madeleine shrine that had been hastily erected in the centre of the village.

Then and now, watching Gerry McCann walking the red carpet of his grief, as knowing as a Cannes film star, can be an uncomfortable experience.

This week, Mr McCann took the opportunity to air his grievances about the Press and its treatment of his family in front of the House of Commons Culture Select Committee.

For what possible purpose? Certainly, some bad judgment decisions were made by the more excitable newspapers, who have been punished with hefty libel payments and widespread approbation for their troubles. Surely that is an end to the matter?

No. Mr McCann is not finished complaining. Yet the more and more he complains about what happened in the aftermath of his daughter's disappearance, the more I feel he is attempting to assuage his own guilt for failing to be there when she needed him most.

Still, it's not his fault that these useless Select Committees, stuffed with the third rate and the Parliamentary walking wounded, give an indulgent platform for anyone with a grievance.

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/debate/article-1161605/JAN-MOIR-Please-girls-We-THAT-desperate.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 14 Mar - 7:12

So much for the big government cover-up that was keeping the press from ever saying anything critical about the McCanns. The press's polite fiction that it believes that Madeleine was abducted and that Kate and Gerry are fine, upstanding members of the community who did nothing whatever wrong, not even in going out for dinner, seems to be officially over. I don't expect the press to act sensitive and kind to the McCanns as the anniversaries of Madeleine's "slipping away," or her birthday, or Christmas, or the twins' birthday (complete with presents from a spectral Madeleine) come up, because . . .

GERRY YOU IDIOT!!! You bite the press and they bite back a thousand times harder. They're not on your side any more. They're not planning on protecting you any more. They think you're "pugnacious" (lookit up, Ger). They think that your daughter "slipped away from public view," but now that they've seen the DVD from the PJ, they don't think she was "abducted" any more than the police do. They think you manipulated them. They think that trot back with the yellow ribbon was lame and contrived, not touching (I mean, a man who was looking very hard for his daughter wouldn't have time to let off balloons or meet with the press endlessly or fly in and out of the country to tie ribbons on trees. They're hardly the sorts of things that find missing people). They think you're a whinger. They think you posture and try to claim that the press were bad, the press were at fault, in order to distract attention from the reality that you were bad, you were at fault, and that what happened to your daughter that night--whatever it was--is your fault. Not theirs, not 3A's, but your fault.

Suck it up like a man, for once, go home, and shut up. There weren't leads to follow up, and you can't say exactly what it is that your discrete bunch of people working behind the scenes to find Madeleine are doing because you don't have a discrete bunch of people working behind the scenes. You know it, the press knows it, and frankly, we know it. Stop play-acting the outraged, put-upon father. You weren't the victim.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 14 Mar - 8:09

lynn wrote:A bit hypocritical seeing the press had been used to the max by the McCanns and Mr Clifford had been hired too. Anyone who has had a child who has gone missing would welcome as much press, TV, and media outlet input in order to help try to find the child. How often has bad press, according to the McCanns, happened when a child has gone missing, very little, if any. They the McCanns ask for what they call "bad press". Their behaviour has been intolerable and has made a lot of people angry.

Well said Lynn and welcome to the forum :Wave:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next