Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

British expats among new suspects

+4
mara thon
kitti
fred
Annabel
8 posters

Go down

British expats among new suspects Empty British expats among new suspects

Post  Annabel Tue 11 Nov - 19:29

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/nov/11/madeleine-mccann-british-expats-seven-new-suspects

Two British expats are among seven new suspects identified by detectives investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

The men, who have been declared arguidos – or formal suspects – by the Portuguese police, will be questioned later this month and ordered to provide DNA samples. The Britons, who are not known to each other, are believed to have lived on the Algarve in Portugal before Madeleine’s disappearance on 3 May 2007. A further four individuals are being treated as witnesses.

Two other Britons – a man and a woman who also live in Portugal – will assist the investigation as witnesses, the Guardian has learned.

Detectives will question the suspects between 24 and 28 November in a process expected to include ordering them to provide DNA samples that may be matched against evidence recovered during the original investigation seven years ago.

None of the seven new suspects was questioned by Portuguese police in the summer, when detectives interviewed four Portuguese nationals about the three-year-old’s disappearance from a holiday apartment in Praia da Luz.

Detectives from Scotland Yard’s Operation Grange investigation are pursuing a number of lines of inquiry, but Portuguese police chiefs are understood to consider the theory Madeleine was abducted by a foreign national – rather than a local – as among the most probable.

The imminent questioning of new suspects comes after British forensic analysts visited Portugal last month to revisit some of the evidence retrieved from the Ocean Beach Club holiday apartment where Madeleine was last seen.

In July officers questioned four Portuguese nationals over the disappearance. Those interviews followed a ground-level search in Praia da Luz in June in an operation that failed to recover any new evidence.
Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :
British expats among new suspects Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100British expats among new suspects Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

British expats among new suspects Empty Re: British expats among new suspects

Post  kitti Tue 11 Nov - 20:19

Shouldn't they be witnesses first and if they find something then made suspects ?
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :
British expats among new suspects Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100British expats among new suspects Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 11 Nov - 20:21

There not in any hurry then to question these 'suspects'.

So they know who they are, they know their names...aren't they frightened these 'suspects' might flee?
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Tue 11 Nov - 21:51

kitti wrote:Shouldn't they be witnesses first and if they find something then made suspects ?

Don't be silly Kitti, they are suspects, mass killers, paedophiles, ex jail birds, they are questioned then cleared, all the time being named and shamed by the British media.  Witnesses don't take the spotlight of mummy and  daddy do they?
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Wed 12 Nov - 7:37

So more innocent people being named and shamed who just happened to be in the vicinity off pdl and used their phone that night, who prob rang another person in pdl because it was a friend or work mate...

So we have the cleaner and washing machine man...the waiter and gardner and then the two ex pats ....remember two ex pats who gave their opinion in pdl one an ex policeman....well their opinions werent exactly pro so after Brenda it wouldn't surprise me that those two will be named because off their opinion

This is getting really ridiculous now and how can the mccanns get away with this, it's like their on a mission off spite because they were made suspects, they know SY are doing this and it's prob with the mccanns knowledge and they don't bloody care that people's lives are being ruined.

And i think perhaps someone around pdl either working or living prob has something, mr Amaral knows their is a snippet off information that the mccanns want....badly...and this is their way off getting it by using SY to force it out off this person or persons, they can't get it via the withheld files so they will try another tactic .... Make them a suspect and interview them again, this time via SY and under caution.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mara thon Wed 12 Nov - 9:24

This must be the biggest wasted of public money ever. Perhaps they´ll go on and on wasting money until they have interviewed every single person who has ever been to Portugal, or maybe they are intent on interviewing everyone in the world. What a farce this is and has been since day one, interview everyone and anyone except those who should be interviewed.
mara thon
mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7076
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Wed 12 Nov - 9:46

I'm still optimistic about this and am hoping that they are going through a process of elimination until they get to a small number of people who can't be eliminated.

I wonder if John Gerahty will be amongst these to be interviewed. He did store the car for them after the event.
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Wed 12 Nov - 10:37

I don't know what I think any more......I'm confused British expats among new suspects 389741

In my more positive moments I hope they are eliminating absolutely every possibility, until there is no where left to go but directly to those responsible.  In support of this, they only have one chance, if they are truly working for justice, this HAS TO be done correctly with a water tight outcome.  They can never go back and re-visit it after this.  Least of all because of finances.

The longer it goes on the bigger the risk of something being un-covered or somebody talking.  So such an elaborate and expensive charade is a huge risk.

This advance warning for arguido interviews is crazy, not least because it gives people time to get stories straight.  Then again, perhaps that is the plan, get them talking amongst themselves while having phones tapped ?

Now most likely I have confused everybody else too.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Wed 12 Nov - 13:46

chrissie wrote:I'm still optimistic about this and am hoping that they are going through a process of elimination until they get to a small number of people who can't be eliminated.

I wonder if John Gerahty will be amongst these to be interviewed.  He did store the car for them after the event.

Well he is an ex-pat. But I don't think he will be included. He is part of the McCann to be sheltered brigade.
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Thu 13 Nov - 15:27

"Sarah, i'm on my mobile, a child's gone missing from the Ocean Club"

"really? ok, i'll call Jack, Sheila and Charles, i've got their number in my mobile"

"Ok Sarah, i'll also call Tommy, Madge and Andy, they live near there"

"Ok, i'm heading up to the Ocean Club now, to see if i can help"

"thanks Sarah"
------------------------------------

"'ello, 'ello, 'ello, youz two is well 'nicked'!"
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down