Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steve Allen LBC 2 December 2014 Discussing Mccann case

4 posters

Go down

Steve Allen LBC 2 December 2014 Discussing Mccann case  Empty Steve Allen LBC 2 December 2014 Discussing Mccann case

Post  cherry1 Tue 2 Dec - 21:23

Steve Allen on LBC 2nd December 2014 talking about Mccann case

Nick Ferrari with you at 8.30am this morning as its revealed the Met.Police have spent nearly 8 million pounds on investigating Madeleine's Mccann's disappearance so far, you could be asking is it worth the money.

Marie says its unfair to parents of other children who have gone missing who have not had this publicity spent finding their children, they must feel resentful toward the Mccanns. The money should have been shared on all the missing cases.

I have said this before and I don't think I'm alone on it, I think everybody else is thinking exactly the same. If you were a parent and you lose a child no amount of money can ever compensate you know that search goes on because you don't ever give up hope, you can't. If you're a parent you just can't do it. whether you like the Mccanns or you can't stand them is neither here nor there, it's still a parent who has lost a child. I admit, we have all admitted this freely and they admitted it that they shouldn't have gone off and left the kids alone by themselves, it's not like they were in the flat next door, they were a good walk away in a restaurant enjoying themselves while the kids were in an unlocked room by themselves. I mean nobody knows what went on who knows. You weren't there, I wasn't there You can only hazard a guess that children wake up in the middle of the night, they're half asleep you know they wander off thinking they can find the toilet they can't find the toilet you know you don't know, you do not know because we weren't there.

I have to be honest when it gets to 8 million pounds investigating one child's disappearance it does seem a little bit rum for all the other people who have lost children. thousands go missing every year, they don't get any profile at all and yet the family that effectively dumped their daughter in the bedroom and left her there you know everybody knows it, if you are a family you take the kids with you whether they are asleep or not, you stick them in their prams or push chairs or they fall asleep at the table that's what it is, that's part of growing up, you educate them from an early age how to behave in a restaurant, you don't just leave them in a room you just really don't.

So but they're paying the price so you know for them they were very lucky they're a very middle class family, they're doctors and they managed to get the Prime Minister involved, what could he do, he was kind of you know caught to ransom, it's a case of what you going to be doing about our daughter. Well we'll set up a special police force. They have been over there, they've scanned the ground, they come up with all sorts of things, nothing leads to nothing. Never had any leads nothing ever close to it, nothing ever close to it, they go you know how many times have we read headlines on this programme and I think on everybody else's programme on LBC you know suspects to be quizzed over Madeleine Mccann's disappearance and that's the last you hear of it because there are no leads. We don't know. We don't know the Police are barking up as many trees as we are. They have got no idea anyway, they go over there take special dogs who are trained to sniff out I think at one point didn't we have a short while ago a lake where somebody said look that's where her body is she's in the lake, have they done anything about it , nope. If she was in the lake she's been there for seven years, I wouldn't have thought there would be much left so what are they working on. I mean the last time the Police went over to Portugal I thought they indicated they were looking for a body so they have almost accepted the fact that she not alive but they don't know, you can't just sort of say to the McCanns or anybody else who has lost a child um we think she is dead so we are not going to do anything else. You can't do that. if you were a parent you would want it exactly the same as what they've got. They are very lucky and I imagine they probably appreciate the fact they are very lucky because we all know who Madeleine McCann is but bet you don't know the names of any other thousands of children who go missing every year. You haven't got any idea have you. Yet their parents are sitting at home waiting hopefully for a knock on the door or a phone call to say mum I'm coming home. You know the Mccanns get all the high profile stuff in the papers. All these other parents get nothing. Nothing at all , they are almost like they are the forgotten children. The children that go missing and nobody gives a toss about.

The only thing and Nick will be saying it this morning you know have we actually achieved anything. 8 million pounds has been spent. There is a special dedicated force practically a team for Madeleine Mccann, why not all the other children. Why don't they get it, they in many cases were abducted, why can't they do something about them. Why are we trying to find a child we've got no idea what she looks like now. I mean she might have been taken you don't know, as I said she might have been taken by somebody it could be anything like that. She might have gone out into the road, she might have been knocked down by a car, somebody might have panicked, they might have buried her, who knows, you do not know. We have no idea and probably if I live to be 55 I'll still be wondering about you know whatever happened to Madeleine McCann and they'll go Madeleine McCann would have been 18 today, you're going to get that every year, they are going to go this is what she would have looked like and you know but it doesn't matter. They always say that if you don't find a child within about a week of them going missing there's very little chance of actually finding them because normally by that time they've been clues in this case in Madeleine McCann's case there are no clues. what are the clues, they haven't found any clothing, it's not like they could say here is an item of clothing that we know she was wearing on the night she disappeared because she was in her little pyjamas I would have thought and they have found nothing, they've searched storm drains, this is seven years ago. This is seven years ago I just don't, you know whilst you don't give up home you can't help feeling sometimes you know that is just not happening at all I'm afraid. Not happening, we are nowhere nearer and we've spent 8 million pounds, it's a lot of money to spend and then any amount of money is a lot of money to spend isn't it.

Somebody says if the Mccanns had been Sharon and Steve a working class couple from a Council estate they would have been charged with neglect and the other children taken into care. I may not have a university degree but I know never to leave children alone, it's not rocket science.

That's what everybody seems to be saying but I still insist if you were the Mccanns you'd be thinking thank God we've got a profile and they've given us this money. I've asked the question before how long how long do you keep spending this sort of money. Nick Ferrari will probably ask this question this morning how much longer do we keep spending money looking for Madeleine McCann or do we get to that stage in a year's time where we go we are closing down the Department we are just not going to find anything. You have to accept, bearing in mind 8 million its cost us so far but they've already spent a few million, haven't they had a few well meaning businessmen put money into the find Madeleine Mccann Fund and I think that's a few million pounds as well so probably about 10-12 million by now to look for this child and we haven't found her, we are no nearer to finding her, we have no clues, we have nothing they might interview a few paedophiles but then why would you assume that the person who took her was a paedophile. Why would it just not be a childless couple why would it not be the case that she wandered off by herself and got knocked down or it could be anything could be absolutely anything.

We have no idea, we don't we have nothing we have the blank canvas now that we had seven years ago you know I just don't know how much longer we keep pumping money into it, does this go on forever, do we always say right we are still going to be looking for Madeleine McCann when she is like 25 or 30 cos I just don't think about it, I just don't think that we are actually going to find her, it would be lovely to think that we would but I just don't think we will.

J says I would like to say about the Mccanns if it was myself I would be questioned and ridiculed for leaving my kids of that age alone and maybe prosecuted as its illegal.

I have to stop you there on that bit I don't know they can be prosecuted here for something that happened in Portugal, that would be up to the Portuguese authorities wouldn't it. I think it's ever the case where you can prosecute it's like going to America and going you left your child home alone and we're going to prosecute you, you can't, it didn't take place in this country. I mean I absolutely agree that you don't leave children alone ever but we don't know they might have done that before they might have been doing that every single day of the holiday, I don't know, I've go no idea, I wasn't with them on the camp site, I just know in the case of my God children I wouldn't dream of leaving them alone even when we went on holiday you know it's a case of one is eating for dinner we're all eating for dinner, no I'm just going to sit in the cabin, not its all get yourself ready come on even if you're in a bad mood and you're sulking your still coming for dinner.

Another one here says the Mccanns have spent large amounts of money in court to silence anyone who questions their account of the incident. If Madeline had gone missing in the UK there would have been a full Press Conference which we never got. this may have helped some people become better informed.

Yes at the end of the day they're still going to carry on wanting to look for her, if somebody else is paying for it why would you..... I can't remember what happened to that case, that policeman who wrote a book in Portugal who basically had defamed them by saying it was their fault . In theory in a roundabout way yes had they not gone off that night that child would still be sitting there on her bed or back here in this country but they didn't and you can't turn back the hands of time. But he was saying he thought they were responsible, how on earth that happens I have no idea but they go over there to go to court, she's got that pained expression on her face all the time, I mean you just think at some time in their life, they're going to want to smile but I don't think it's just yet I think its a long way off.
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :
Steve Allen LBC 2 December 2014 Discussing Mccann case  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Steve Allen LBC 2 December 2014 Discussing Mccann case  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Steve Allen LBC 2 December 2014 Discussing Mccann case  Empty Re: Steve Allen LBC 2 December 2014 Discussing Mccann case

Post  malena stool Tue 2 Dec - 21:30

Thanks for this cherry,
Nowhere does this explain why the McCanns deny any wrong doing, their denunciation of canine evidence or the complete lack of recriminations by any child protection agency...
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :
Steve Allen LBC 2 December 2014 Discussing Mccann case  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Steve Allen LBC 2 December 2014 Discussing Mccann case  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Steve Allen LBC 2 December 2014 Discussing Mccann case  Empty Re: Steve Allen LBC 2 December 2014 Discussing Mccann case

Post  Guest Wed 3 Dec - 10:15

You weren't there, I wasn't there You can only hazard a guess that children wake up in the middle of the night, they're half asleep you know they wander off thinking they can find the toilet they can't find the toilet you know you don't know, you do not know because we weren't there.

But Kate does know what happened, she was there, she said so herself to the TV cameras outside the courts in Lisbon.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Wed 3 Dec - 15:59

Iris wrote:
You weren't there, I wasn't there You can only hazard a guess that children wake up in the middle of the night, they're half asleep you know they wander off thinking they can find the toilet they can't find the toilet you know you don't know, you do not know because we weren't there.

But Kate does know what happened, she was there, she said so herself to the TV cameras outside the courts in Lisbon.

The 'golden oldies' are ALWAYS the 'BEST!'

GM: 'Where... where, you know... where is... where... where is... where is... where is the child? We're looking for that evidence. Where is the child? What OTHER explanation can explain how she's not here?'
-------------------------------------------------

"Well, since you've, publicly, on record, ASKED me, Ge££y!"

10th February 2010.
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Wed 3 Dec - 17:04

"I mean you just think at some time in their life, they're going to want to smile but I don't think it's just yet I think its a long way off."

Oh god, someone post him just a few of the smiling pics we've all seen!!Steve Allen LBC 2 December 2014 Discussing Mccann case  371436
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down