Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Autumn Statement ......debt vs deficit

+2
Angelina
Panda
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Autumn Statement ......debt vs deficit Empty Autumn Statement ......debt vs deficit

Post  Panda Wed 3 Dec - 10:29

http://news.sky.com/video/1384523/autumn-statement-debt-vs-deficit

When you see what the deficit is you have to wonder at the competence of successive Governments.!!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Autumn Statement ......debt vs deficit Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Autumn Statement ......debt vs deficit Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Autumn Statement ......debt vs deficit Empty An easy guide to the implications

Post  Panda Wed 3 Dec - 10:37

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :
Autumn Statement ......debt vs deficit Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Autumn Statement ......debt vs deficit Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Autumn Statement ......debt vs deficit Empty Re: Autumn Statement ......debt vs deficit

Post  Guest Wed 3 Dec - 10:46

Panda wrote:http://news.sky.com/video/1384523/autumn-statement-debt-vs-deficit

When you see what the deficit is  you have to wonder at the competence of successive Governments.!!!

look at the size of the welfare budget. good place to start. Autumn Statement ......debt vs deficit 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Autumn Statement ......debt vs deficit Empty Re: Autumn Statement ......debt vs deficit

Post  Badboy Wed 3 Dec - 14:11

ANOTHER PLACE TO START IS CUTTING THE WORKFARE SCHEME INCOMPETENTS.
THEY COULD THEORETICALLY GET WELFARE CLAIMANTS OFF FOR £100 INSTEAD OF £1,000+ PAYMENTS TO WORKFARE CONTRACTORS BY  SETTING UP THEIR OWN WEBSITES TO PRODUCE INCOME,WORTH A TRY.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 3 Dec - 16:58

Marky wrote:

When you see what the deficit is  you have to wonder at the competence of successive Governments.!!!

look at the size of the welfare budget. good place to start. Autumn Statement ......debt vs deficit 25346

I think Gordon Brown was a poor Chancellor and made a big mistake abolishing prescription charges Doctors in my Surgery are very thorough but are too ready to issue Prescriptions for items which can be bought over the Counter. I worked as a receptionist at Clinics and saw first hand the waste of Money in the NHS. we have become a Nanny State.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 3 Dec - 17:14

Badboy wrote:ANOTHER PLACE TO START IS CUTTING THE WORKFARE SCHEME INCOMPETENTS.
THEY COULD THEORETICALLY GET WELFARE CLAIMANTS OFF FOR £100 INSTEAD OF £1,000+ PAYMENTS TO WORKFARE CONTRACTORS BY  SETTING UP THEIR OWN WEBSITES TO PRODUCE INCOME,WORTH A TRY.

Time was Badboy that Apprentices were taken on , that stopped when Britain lost its Manufacturing to China and India , Car production to Germany etc and this is why the Welfare payments are such a huge burden, because of the recession.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Wed 3 Dec - 18:34

Panda wrote:
Marky wrote:

I think Gordon Brown was a poor Chancellor and made a big mistake abolishing prescription charges Doctors in my Surgery are very thorough but are too ready to issue Prescriptions for items which can be bought over the Counter. I worked as a receptionist at Clinics and saw first hand the waste of Money in the NHS. we have become a Nanny State.

Well, where I live you have to pay unless you are under 16 or over 60, or suffering from something like diabetes and it's about £7.00 per item - don't pay myself but I'm sure someone can confirm the actual cost.
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2933
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 3 Dec - 18:50

Angelina wrote:
Panda wrote:
Marky wrote:

Well, where I live you have to pay unless you are under 16 or over 60, or suffering from something like diabetes and it's about £7.00 per item - don't pay myself but I'm sure someone can confirm the actual cost.

Hi Angelina , i think wjk mentioned a while ago that she pays , maybe it's Wales . Aneuran Bevan , a Welsh Politician said the NHS should be free from "the cradle to the grave". It's all very well , but has backfired . My American friends think Britain is mad to try to sustain such a burden. They take out Health Insurance , anybody out of work is given Food vouchers , not unemployment benefit , all in all it makes for more self supporting.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Wed 3 Dec - 18:53

Panda wrote:
Angelina wrote:
Panda wrote:
Marky wrote:

Hi Angelina , i think wjk mentioned a while ago that she pays , maybe it's Wales . Aneuran Bevan , a Welsh Politician said the NHS should be free from "the cradle to the grave". It's all very well , but has backfired . My American friends think Britain is mad to try to sustain such a burden. They take out Health  Insurance , anybody out of work is given Food vouchers , not unemployment benefit , all in all it makes for more self supporting.

Americans may take out health insurance if they can afford it...and it's extremely expensive but as far as I know that does not include any prescription drugs...they have to pay extra for those. I know an American who goes to Mexico every year and buys a year's supply of her medication...it's cheaper to do the trip than buy it in the US.

We had food vouchers here but it was claimed they were discriminatory so were scrapped.
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Wed 3 Dec - 19:20

Panda wrote:
Angelina wrote:
Panda wrote:
Marky wrote:

Hi Angelina , i think wjk mentioned a while ago that she pays , maybe it's Wales . Aneuran Bevan , a Welsh Politician said the NHS should be free from "the cradle to the grave". It's all very well , but has backfired . My American friends think Britain is mad to try to sustain such a burden. They take out Health  Insurance , anybody out of work is given Food vouchers , not unemployment benefit , all in all it makes for more self supporting.

Hi ladies, here is the cost of prescriptions in England

http://www.prescriber.org.uk/2014/03/prescription-charges-for-2014/

£8.05
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 3 Dec - 19:30

Angelina wrote:
Panda wrote:
Angelina wrote:
Panda wrote:
Marky wrote:

Americans may take out health insurance if they can afford it...and it's extremely expensive but as far as I know that does not include any prescription drugs...they have to pay extra for those.   I know an American who goes to Mexico every year and buys a year's supply of her medication...it's cheaper to do the trip than buy it in the US.

We had food vouchers here but it was claimed they were discriminatory so were scrapped.

I do think we have to toughen up in some ways Angelina, the Welfare bill is astronomical and the way we live today is a throw away Society , people managed after the War but now where do youngsters manage to buy ipods etc. when they are not working??? There is no need today for any teenager to get pregnant , but they know they will be housed, given free rent, child benefit , loans to buy prams etc where else in the World would you find such Government support???

Thanks wjk, do Pensioners in England get free Prescriptions and Bus Passes?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 3 Dec - 19:55

Panda wrote:
Angelina wrote:
Panda wrote:
Angelina wrote:
Panda wrote:

Americans may take out health insurance if they can afford it...and it's extremely expensive but as far as I know that does not include any prescription drugs...they have to pay extra for those.   I know an American who goes to Mexico every year and buys a year's supply of her medication...it's cheaper to do the trip than buy it in the US.

I do think we have to toughen up in some ways Angelina, the Welfare bill is astronomical and the way we live today is a throw away Society , people managed after the War but now where do youngsters manage to buy ipods etc. when they are not working??? There is no need today for any teenager to get pregnant , but they know they will be housed, given free rent, child benefit , loans to buy prams etc where else in the World would you find such Government support???

the UK perception of US medical system is coloured by those who champion the NHS. research it properly, you might be surprised.

Autumn Statement ......debt vs deficit 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 3 Dec - 20:00

Marky, do you want to run that back to me , not sure I know what you mean> Autumn Statement ......debt vs deficit 25346
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Wed 3 Dec - 20:07

Panda wrote:
Angelina wrote:
Panda wrote:
Angelina wrote:
Panda wrote:

Yes, Panda, they do.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 3 Dec - 20:19

Thanks wjk.....one perk disabled people get is a brand new Car that is theirs to sell after 3Years. They have to pay insurance, maybe tyres , but even this perk is being abused , I know for a fact that the Person who the Car is for doesn't use it , another Member of the Family does.We have all read about so called people on invalidity
benefit hardly able to walk photographed on Holiday abroad.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Wed 3 Dec - 22:10

Hello Panda, in England they do not keep the car to sell after three years, it goes back to the leasing company and is replaced by another. They do not pay insurance, they get it taxed and insured. I know this because someone in my husband's family is disabled, also the fellow that lives next door. They don't have to replace tyres all repairs are down to the leasing company.
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 4 Dec - 7:00

fuzeta wrote:Hello Panda, in England they do not keep the car to sell after three years, it goes back to the leasing company and is replaced by another.  They do not pay insurance, they get it taxed and insured.  I know this because someone in my husband's family is disabled, also the fellow that lives next door.   They don't have to replace tyres all repairs are down to the leasing company.

HI Fuzeta, an even better perk than I thought . I feel sorry for people who are disabled but this benefit goes too far. It would be much cheaper to provide a motorised wheelchair and free Taxi if the person has to travel some distance. We have all read of Benefit cheats , maybe a tighter control would save a lot of money.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Thu 4 Dec - 16:55

Pensioners in the London area get free bus passes (at the moment) but I don't think that applies to the whole country
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 4 Dec - 17:27

Angelina wrote:Pensioners in the London area get free bus passes (at the moment) but I don't think that applies to the whole country

Hi Angelina, whatever the Chancellor says he is going to do is just to win the Election then all his plans will gather dust . This is the same Government who charged for a second Bedroom a year ago. They can't have it both ways, we have created a Monster because of easy Credit and youngsters get into debt to buy the latest iphone, computers etc . When i was growing up . there was no such thing as Credit ,if there was something you liked in a shop you paid so much a week until it was paid for , only then would the Shopkeeper let you have the item.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Thu 4 Dec - 17:47

Everyone of state pensioner age in England can apply for a free bus pass

https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-elderly-person-bus-pass
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 4 Dec - 17:56

wjk wrote:Everyone of state pensioner age in England can apply for a free bus pass

I do like that idea wjk because it is not abused and helps Pensioners who don't drive , they deserve a bit of help having probably worked hard all their lives.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Thu 4 Dec - 19:06

wjk wrote:Everyone of state pensioner age in England can apply for a free bus pass

Thanks WJK. I didn't realise that...when I've spoken to people about having free travel into London they have sometimes seemed surprised so I thought it wasn't countrywide. Do you happen to know how long it has been available to everyone?
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Thu 4 Dec - 19:09

Panda wrote:

I do like that idea wjk because it is not abused and helps Pensioners  who don't drive , they deserve a bit of help having probably worked hard all their lives.

There is quite a lot of talk about it being removed but I think that would be a disaster. The trains into London are always busy with people using bus passes in the day. Obviously they are going to spend money in restaurants, theatres, museums etc so if they take away the passes then those businesses will suffer. We have local pubs where you can get a roast dinner and desert for £6.00 but they will lose trade if people have to pay £2 each way to get there and home. It would put the price of the meal up to £10 which will be just too much for some on a limited budget.
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Thu 4 Dec - 19:19

Angelina wrote:

Thanks WJK.   I didn't realise that...when I've spoken to people about having free travel into London they have sometimes seemed surprised so I thought it wasn't countrywide.  Do you happen to know how long it has been available to everyone?

Hi Angelina, I've not got a clue when it became available to all
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Thu 4 Dec - 20:23

If you live in a London borough and are aged 60 you can get a 60+ Oyster card which gives you free travel on bus,train,tube in the tfl (transport for London) area (outside of peak times on the trains).
This was introduced by Boris when they moved the OAP (freedom pass) age from 60 to 65.

This was designed to fill the gap until you are 65 and get the OAP (freedom pass).
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next