Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Missing Children in the UK

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Missing Children in the UK

Post  Susan on Mon 4 Aug - 13:43

Launch of missing kids TV
Major initiative launched to find missing children

Missing Kids TVTM initiative unveiled with launch of MissingKids.co.uk awareness campaign at NSY.

The Missing Persons Bureau, children’s charity Parents and Abducted Children Together (PACT) and Electronic Health Media (EHM) have today, Wednesday 10.10.07, announced the launch of ‘ Missing Children’s TV’ at New Scotland Yard.

Over 100,000 children go missing annually in the UK.
now when a child goes missing unless the media tell us?

Some run away, others are children thrown out of home, some are parental abductions, or custodial battles, and others, victims of stranger abductions.

This innovative technology will allow a child’s photograph to be sent out quickly, and effectively, targeting the general public and appealing for information as to their whereabouts.

The images of the children will also be updated on the website www.missingkids.co.uk.


http://www.missingkids.co.uk/

Search Results Records Found: 134 missing children

Thats alot of kids that go missing and do we hear about them on the news? Are they found alive? Are they still missing? Are they dead? Which are the stranger abductions????

Does anyone really care??? Maybe not because the majority are non British but when a British child goes missing in Portugal...Portugal are to blame....why not blame the British for the foreign children that go missing there if people are going to take that logic on board?

The last children missing was the American child now reunited with her mother.....Shannon Matthews and Madeleine McCann....so why do we not hear about all these others still missing in the news? (all 134) cases??
avatar
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 11477
Age : 57
Location : Spain. The place where children are welcome in tapas bars
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing Children in the UK

Post  Guest on Mon 4 Aug - 17:23

[wow]Some run away, others are children thrown out of home, some are parental abductions, or custodial battles, and others, victims of stranger abductions.


Whatever the weather I havent heard of one of those kids on that site on the news.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Missing Children in the UK

Post  Guest on Tue 5 Aug - 12:20

Ambersuz wrote:Launch of missing kids TV
Major initiative launched to find missing children

Missing Kids TVTM initiative unveiled with launch of MissingKids.co.uk awareness campaign at NSY.

The Missing Persons Bureau, children’s charity Parents and Abducted Children Together (PACT) and Electronic Health Media (EHM) have today, Wednesday 10.10.07, announced the launch of ‘ Missing Children’s TV’ at New Scotland Yard.

Over 100,000 children go missing annually in the UK.
now when a child goes missing unless the media tell us?

Some run away, others are children thrown out of home, some are parental abductions, or custodial battles, and others, victims of stranger abductions.

This innovative technology will allow a child’s photograph to be sent out quickly, and effectively, targeting the general public and appealing for information as to their whereabouts.

The images of the children will also be updated on the website www.missingkids.co.uk.


http://www.missingkids.co.uk/

Search Results Records Found: 134 missing children

Thats alot of kids that go missing and do we hear about them on the news? Are they found alive? Are they still missing? Are they dead? Which are the stranger abductions????

Does anyone really care??? Maybe not because the majority are non British but when a British child goes missing in Portugal...Portugal are to blame....why not blame the British for the foreign children that go missing there if people are going to take that logic on board?

The last children missing was the American child now reunited with her mother.....Shannon Matthews and Madeleine McCann....so why do we not hear about all these others still missing in the news? (all 134) cases??


It seems the media of this country is only interested in reporting missing children in cases where there is an "interesting" background story to the child's disappearence .... imo,the children themselves offer no interest -it is the circumstances in which they disappear and whether the media can sustain interest in the case and keep a captive audience - thats the deciding factor thats important to the media - not the child itself if you ask me...alright, it is difficult to keep the attention on these missing children going for long periods at a time - but, with all the tv channels and newspapers we have ....a channel dedicated to just continually showing the faces of these missing children or a newspaper dedicating a page on a regular basis to print their faces on, would, I'm sure, go a long way to keep these children's faces in the public eye ....members of the general public who watch tv and read the papers would be the ideal people to spot any children who are on the media's missing children list
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Missing Children in the UK

Post  Susan on Tue 5 Aug - 12:52

I think you are absolutely right....the kids are not important...it the parents who cause a stink about it and their contacts that get the attention!
avatar
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 11477
Age : 57
Location : Spain. The place where children are welcome in tapas bars
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing Children in the UK

Post  lubelle on Tue 5 Aug - 13:02

Hi

I agree totally with what you are saying...it breaks my heart to think of any child being missing from there families. I don't think the newpapers or the news stations do enough for these poor children.
x
avatar
lubelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1405
Age : 48
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing Children in the UK

Post  Susan on Tue 5 Aug - 13:08

lubelle wrote:Hi

I agree totally with what you are saying...it breaks my heart to think of any child being missing from there families. I don't think the newpapers or the news stations do enough for these poor children.
x

Lubelle yesterday I looked at all the children on there and not one i recognised.....I get Sky news at home and I havent seen any of them even mentioned.....ever!

Why dont they merit a mention?
avatar
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 11477
Age : 57
Location : Spain. The place where children are welcome in tapas bars
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing Children in the UK

Post  lubelle on Tue 5 Aug - 13:21

Hi Ambersuz

It all seems totally wrong...we should have these children's details in papers updated every week and also on the tv.

What really makes me cross is the way children don't seem to be as important as some of the rubbish they print.x
avatar
lubelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1405
Age : 48
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing Children in the UK

Post  Susan on Tue 5 Aug - 13:27

lubelle wrote:Hi Ambersuz

It all seems totally wrong...we should have these children's details in papers updated every week and also on the tv.

What really makes me cross is the way children don't seem to be as important as some of the rubbish they print.x

You are so right....

Who cares if Amy Winehouse is making herself ill through her self inflicted drug problems???

Some things have priority over others it seems and its disgusting
avatar
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 11477
Age : 57
Location : Spain. The place where children are welcome in tapas bars
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing Children in the UK

Post  lubelle on Tue 5 Aug - 13:37

Its all soooo wrong...children should always come first in my opinion.
People used to say to me.. when you have children the fun stops...i can't even begin to tell you how wrong that is in my case.

My two children are my world and make every day worth livingx
avatar
lubelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1405
Age : 48
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing Children in the UK

Post  Susan on Tue 5 Aug - 13:48

lubelle wrote:Its all soooo wrong...children should always come first in my opinion.
People used to say to me.. when you have children the fun stops...i can't even begin to tell you how wrong that is in my case.

My two children are my world and make every day worth livingx

Yes you are right...so do mine and now I have a grandchild too which makes it all the better!!

I think the fun really starts when you have children and so do the real responsibilities....ppl who think that way are not responsible people!
avatar
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 11477
Age : 57
Location : Spain. The place where children are welcome in tapas bars
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing Children in the UK

Post  Guest on Tue 5 Aug - 19:09

Fun and children absolutely go in the same sentence!! I love my boy he's great company and people that think having kids is when the fun stops shouldn't have kids!!!
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Missing Children in the UK

Post  Guest on Wed 6 Aug - 18:20

Ambersuz wrote:Launch of missing kids TV
Major initiative launched to find missing children

Missing Kids TVTM initiative unveiled with launch of MissingKids.co.uk awareness campaign at NSY.

The Missing Persons Bureau, children’s charity Parents and Abducted Children Together (PACT) and Electronic Health Media (EHM) have today, Wednesday 10.10.07, announced the launch of ‘ Missing Children’s TV’ at New Scotland Yard.

Over 100,000 children go missing annually in the UK.
now when a child goes missing unless the media tell us?

Some run away, others are children thrown out of home, some are parental abductions, or custodial battles, and others, victims of stranger abductions.

This innovative technology will allow a child’s photograph to be sent out quickly, and effectively, targeting the general public and appealing for information as to their whereabouts.

The images of the children will also be updated on the website www.missingkids.co.uk.


http://www.missingkids.co.uk/

Search Results Records Found: 134 missing children

Thats alot of kids that go missing and do we hear about them on the news? Are they found alive? Are they still missing? Are they dead? Which are the stranger abductions????

Does anyone really care??? Maybe not because the majority are non British but when a British child goes missing in Portugal...Portugal are to blame....why not blame the British for the foreign children that go missing there if people are going to take that logic on board?

The last children missing was the American child now reunited with her mother.....Shannon Matthews and Madeleine McCann....so why do we not hear about all these others still missing in the news? (all 134) cases??

So out of 100,000 that went missing in this particular year all we heard about was Madeleine and Shannon? Shame on the police and shame on the media.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Missing Children in the UK

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum