Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Article on Internet trolls in The Sun

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Article on Internet trolls in The Sun

Post  saloongirl on Wed 4 Feb - 21:58

I agree Lioned, although there may be the occasional falling out between members on here, at least this forum isn't constantly slagging off the other forums. I just groan everytime I log in to one and see all that going on, what must their new members think? It's very off putting and what starts off as interesting threads just †descend into inter forum wars. I just dont see the point, its just unnecessary distraction from the important issues of the case.

saloongirl
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 757
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Article on Internet trolls in The Sun

Post  Lioned on Wed 4 Feb - 22:38

What is clear to me after eight years of following this case is that there are very few genuinely new members joining these forums (fori ?).
OK there may be the odd person who has only just started to read about it (after eight years) and joins out of genuine interest.

Lets face it,the vast majority of so called 'new members' joining any new 'Maddie' forum' are going to be reincarnations of those who have been banned from elsewhere.And maybe a few who have left here for reasons we needn't go into again.And off course a few who join both or all forums who are geniine 'old timers' like us.We know who we are !
And there will be trolls from the pro Maddie forum constantly jumping in to disrupt.

So the initial 'transfers' from here to MMM took place ages ago.

Pretty much 95% of new members joining those forums now are going to be disruptive by definition.

I dont know,neither really care much what the hells going on with Tony Bennett and CMoMM,i go there to read mostly.
And if you dont hate Tony Bennett or follow blacksmith with blind admiration on MMM then your pretty much ignored or abused by the constant stream of trolls.

I have always said new members joining a forum should declare their history to Admin when joining.

Time for a barndance Saloongirl !







Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8553
Age : 107
Location : Down South
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Article on Internet trolls in The Sun

Post  saloongirl on Thu 5 Feb - 7:14

You've hit the nail on the head there, Lioned. I think I'll just stay here now. There are too many people with their own agendas elsewhere. Good idea about the barn dance, sadly I dont think it'll save us but we can have fun trying.

saloongirl
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 757
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Article on Internet trolls in The Sun

Post  Guest on Thu 5 Feb - 9:51

saloongirl wrote:You've hit the nail on the head there, Lioned. I think I'll just stay here now. There are too many people with their own agendas elsewhere. Good idea about the barn dance, sadly I dont think it'll save us but we can have fun trying.

if you can get miley cyrus to come sing hoedown throwdown that'll be real neat.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Article on Internet trolls in The Sun

Post  Guest on Thu 5 Feb - 11:01

Lioned wrote:What the hell is wrong with people !

false prophet fallout.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Article on Internet trolls in The Sun

Post  Guest on Thu 5 Feb - 19:02

nothing like a good old drama. beats the soaps i guess.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Article on Internet trolls in The Sun

Post  Krisy22 on Fri 6 Feb - 14:26

These upsets happen over time. We for the most have been here forever. It is just human nature these things happen when there are strong characters involved.

Such a shame really, lots of people together have gone that extra mile trying to find out details of the case Unfortunately when there is a rift between parties ..it inevitably ends up with people taking sides.
Hopefully it will all die down soon...

We are so very fortunate to have Anna and Claudia to keep us all sane. Thank you both.

What a good idea Lioned about the barn dance. Any homemade wine around.

Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3380
Location : good old Oxfordshire no goats... lots of RAIN....
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Article on Internet trolls in The Sun

Post  Not Born Yesterday on Fri 6 Feb - 15:49

This is such a common occurrence in the "real world" too when former friends or colleagues fall out with each other - or even when couples split up.

All hell is let loose at first then (hopefully!) followed by a gradual thawing of hostilities and eventually amicable relations are re-established.

Not Born Yesterday
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6695
Age : 103
Location : Over the hills and far away
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Article on Internet trolls in The Sun

Post  Guest on Fri 6 Feb - 19:53

Not Born Yesterday wrote:All hell is let loose at first then (hopefully!) followed by a gradual thawing of hostilities and eventually amicable relations are re-established.

very convenient. shutting it down only breeds pent up frustrations. this is now way beyond the child who is the subject of this and other forums. it's about the 'false prophets'. those who claim god knows what and whom many get out the rah rah flags. some people need something to believe in or blindly follow. here's my take.

they're all attention seekers latching on to whatever will get attention.

ignore them.





Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Article on Internet trolls in The Sun

Post  Lioned on Fri 6 Feb - 20:26

Marky wrote:
Not Born Yesterday wrote:All hell is let loose at first then (hopefully!) followed by a gradual thawing of hostilities and eventually amicable relations are re-established.

very convenient. shutting it down only breeds pent up frustrations. this is now way beyond the child who is the subject of this and other forums. it's about the 'false prophets'. those who claim god knows what and whom many get out the rah rah flags. some people need something to believe in or blindly follow. here's my take.

they're all attention seekers latching on to whatever will get attention.

ignore them.





Couldn't agree more.

Arsehole's stroking their own ego's using the story of the probably not abduction of a probably and sadly long dead child.

And people,ostensibly adults,bickering and scratching at each other.

Quite pathetic really.

Lets all have a spat from time to time,none of us are perfect.

And yes i know i gave panda some stick but a whole forum now dedicated to the 'Hate Bennett' campaign.

The dark side must be cackling over their cauldrons.



Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8553
Age : 107
Location : Down South
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Article on Internet trolls in The Sun

Post  Not Born Yesterday on Fri 6 Feb - 21:21

I don't agree that the new forum is dedicated to that cause, Lioned.

There are no active topics about Tony at the moment.

I do my best to keep people (particularly Andrew!) returning to the subject too often. Unfortunately sometimes there is great provocation from Tony and that does lead to a lot of comments. I hope that he will eventually realise that he's doing himself no favours with his petty behaviour.

I certainly do not hate him myself.

Not Born Yesterday
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6695
Age : 103
Location : Over the hills and far away
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Article on Internet trolls in The Sun

Post  Lioned on Fri 6 Feb - 22:06

I know you dont NBY,you and CF have to work harder than is reasonable to keep watching for those trolls,many you have banned from over there are still 'sleepers' on the other one as best i can see.
As i understand it you can't get their IP until they have posted at least once,is that correct ? Have you checked out simpson yet ?
I see it tried to edit all its posts !

Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8553
Age : 107
Location : Down South
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Article on Internet trolls in The Sun

Post  Not Born Yesterday on Fri 6 Feb - 22:12

IP addresses can also be checked when a person is online, even if no posts have been made.

Simpson has been made a person of interest, shall we say!

How strange, he has put "veto" on all 3 of his posts. Do you remember what they said?

Not Born Yesterday
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6695
Age : 103
Location : Over the hills and far away
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Article on Internet trolls in The Sun

Post  Lioned on Fri 6 Feb - 22:27

Not Born Yesterday wrote:IP addresses can also be checked when a person is online, even if no posts have been made.

Simpson has been made a person of interest, shall we say!

How strange, he has put "veto" on all 3 of his posts. Do you remember what they said?

I know exactly what they said.

Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8553
Age : 107
Location : Down South
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Article on Internet trolls in The Sun

Post  Not Born Yesterday on Fri 6 Feb - 22:28

I'd be interested to know what they said - by private message will be better.

How do you remember them? I certainly don't!

Not Born Yesterday
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6695
Age : 103
Location : Over the hills and far away
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Article on Internet trolls in The Sun

Post  Lioned on Fri 6 Feb - 22:50

Not Born Yesterday wrote:I'd be interested to know what they said - by private message will be better.

How do you remember them? I certainly don't!

I have screenshots.Sent you a pm.

Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8553
Age : 107
Location : Down South
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Article on Internet trolls in The Sun

Post  Guest on Sat 7 Feb - 14:18

Lioned wrote:
Marky wrote:
Not Born Yesterday wrote:All hell is let loose at first then (hopefully!) followed by a gradual thawing of hostilities and eventually amicable relations are re-established.

very convenient. shutting it down only breeds pent up frustrations. this is now way beyond the child who is the subject of this and other forums. it's about the 'false prophets'. those who claim god knows what and whom many get out the rah rah flags. some people need something to believe in or blindly follow. here's my take.

they're all attention seekers latching on to whatever will get attention.

ignore them.





Couldn't agree more.

Arsehole's stroking their own ego's using the story of the probably not abduction of a probably and sadly long dead child.

And people,ostensibly adults,bickering and scratching at each other.

Quite pathetic really.

Lets all have a spat from time to time,none of us are perfect.

And yes i know i gave panda some stick but a whole forum now dedicated to the 'Hate Bennett' campaign.

The dark side must be cackling over their cauldrons.



it would be a helluva surprise if they weren't. it's been quite something the last several years seeing these so called messiahs come and go. quite something else how so many are taken in by them and still are. ah, well.,.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Article on Internet trolls in The Sun

Post  Sponsored content Today at 19:46


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum