Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Daily Star: Mccanns Dont Give Up Hunt for Maddie

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Daily Star: Mccanns Dont Give Up Hunt for Maddie

Post  cherry1 on Thu 19 Mar - 1:22

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/431523/Madeleine-McCann-s-parents-urged-police-chief-not-give-up-hunt



Kate and Gerry McCann said they are incredibly grateful to every officer working to find Madeleine.

They insisted there is “still a job of work to be done” by the 31-strong Operation Grange team assigned solely to the case.

They spoke out after the London Metropolitan branch of the officers’ union the Police Federation called for the inquiry, which has already cost £10million, to be shelved.

Threat Chairman John Tully said the Met, which has made £600m cuts and faces another £800m by 2020, could no longer afford to take on “last resort” specialist cases others could not crack.

He said the 31 Operation Grange detectives could ease the workloads of colleagues investigating 14 unconnected murders in the capital since Christmas and battling the threat posed by Islamic State terrorists.

A friend of Kate, 47, and Gerry, 46, said: “It is up to the Met, the Prime Minister and the Home Office to decide the longevity of the investigation – not the Police Federation which has its own agenda.”

Madeleine, of Rothley, Leics, was three when she disappeared from a holiday flat in Praia da Luz, Portugal, on May 3, 2007.

cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6243
Location : Here, there and everywhere
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Daily Star: Mccanns Dont Give Up Hunt for Maddie

Post  fred on Thu 19 Mar - 8:02

Picked up by the Mail. Wonder wha is really going on?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3001635/It-s-time-ended-search-Maddie-officers-focus-threats-public-says-police-union-chief.html

fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4845
Location : Dining in my back garden
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Daily Star: Mccanns Dont Give Up Hunt for Maddie

Post  MaryB on Thu 19 Mar - 9:44

Maybe forced to end the inevestigation because of cut backs would be a sensible way out for an investigation that certainly appears to be going nowehere. Except perhaps round in circles. So the McCanns will be free to continue with their appeals and fundraising and own investigation. The police have only not solved the case and found the abductor because of cut backs.

MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Daily Star: Mccanns Dont Give Up Hunt for Maddie

Post  almostgothic on Thu 19 Mar - 10:41

Strikes me that the motive behind yesterday's Lawton copy & paste was transparent to one and all.
Hence this rapid, emollient response from TM today.

A friend of Kate, 47, and Gerry, 46, said ......

almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Location : Lost in the barrio
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Daily Star: Mccanns Dont Give Up Hunt for Maddie

Post  interested on Thu 19 Mar - 14:32

So the McCann "friend" said the Police Federation has its own agenda; the McCanns would know all about agendas, wouldn't they.

Since this investigation has not uncovered anything beyond what is contained in the official Portuguese files, the recent news reports are part of the agenda to distract the public from the expected verdict in Lisbon and the inquest into the death of Brenda Leyland.

interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2428
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Daily Star: Mccanns Dont Give Up Hunt for Maddie

Post  interested on Thu 19 Mar - 16:23

Having just re-read the Daily Star article, I'm left wondering just exactly does a "Threat Chairman" do?

interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2428
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Daily Star: Mccanns Dont Give Up Hunt for Maddie

Post  fuzeta on Thu 19 Mar - 17:27

MaryB wrote:Maybe forced to end the inevestigation because of cut backs would be a sensible way out for an investigation that certainly appears to be going nowehere. Except perhaps round in circles.  So the McCanns will be free to continue with their appeals and fundraising and own investigatioryBn. The police have only not solved the case and found the abductor because of cut backs.  

This sounds about right to me MaryB.

fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4182
Location : Beautiful Staffordshire
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Daily Star: Mccanns Dont Give Up Hunt for Maddie

Post  Guest on Thu 19 Mar - 20:30

fuzeta wrote:
MaryB wrote:Maybe forced to end the inevestigation because of cut backs would be a sensible way out for an investigation that certainly appears to be going nowehere. Except perhaps round in circles.  So the McCanns will be free to continue with their appeals and fundraising and own investigatioryBn. The police have only not solved the case and found the abductor because of cut backs.  

This sounds about right to me MaryB.    

nothing definitive either way. parents not involved or in the clear. case open. rational and reasonable people will draw their own conclusions.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Daily Star: Mccanns Dont Give Up Hunt for Maddie

Post  jassi on Thu 19 Mar - 20:33

Marky wrote:
fuzeta wrote:
MaryB wrote:Maybe forced to end the inevestigation because of cut backs would be a sensible way out for an investigation that certainly appears to be going nowehere. Except perhaps round in circles.  So the McCanns will be free to continue with their appeals and fundraising and own investigatioryBn. The police have only not solved the case and found the abductor because of cut backs.  

This sounds about right to me MaryB.    

nothing definitive either way. parents not involved or in the clear. case open. rational and reasonable people will draw their own conclusions.

And therein lies the problem for the McCanns

jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 911
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Daily Star: Mccanns Dont Give Up Hunt for Maddie

Post  Guest on Thu 19 Mar - 20:52

jassi wrote:
Marky wrote:
fuzeta wrote:
MaryB wrote:Maybe forced to end the inevestigation because of cut backs would be a sensible way out for an investigation that certainly appears to be going nowehere. Except perhaps round in circles.  So the McCanns will be free to continue with their appeals and fundraising and own investigatioryBn. The police have only not solved the case and found the abductor because of cut backs.  

This sounds about right to me MaryB.    

nothing definitive either way. parents not involved or in the clear. case open. rational and reasonable people will draw their own conclusions.

And therein lies the problem for the McCanns

the finger of suspicion is always there. hmmm, well...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Daily Star: Mccanns Dont Give Up Hunt for Maddie

Post  Sponsored content Today at 18:06


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum