Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Madeleine police face deadline - questioning Portuguese-suspects

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Madeleine police face deadline - questioning Portuguese-suspects

Post  jassi on Thu 26 Mar - 10:08

Politicians and indeed the Met are very good at PR, so that should be no problem.

jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 911
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine police face deadline - questioning Portuguese-suspects

Post  Guest on Thu 26 Mar - 10:13

jassi wrote:Politicians and indeed the Met are very good at PR, so that should be no problem.

well, politicians for sure but i'm not sure why the police would want to, after all, it would make for a handsome feather in their cap if they cracked the case, wouldn't it?


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine police face deadline - questioning Portuguese-suspects

Post  jassi on Thu 26 Mar - 10:44

Marky wrote:
jassi wrote:Politicians and indeed the Met are very good at PR, so that should be no problem.

well, politicians for sure but i'm not sure why the police would want to, after all, it would make for a handsome feather in their cap if they cracked the case, wouldn't it?


Well it would indeed, but as we are beginning to see in the 'establishment paedophile' cover-up, high ranking police officers can't always be trusted to do the right thing.

jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 911
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine police face deadline - questioning Portuguese-suspects

Post  Guest on Thu 26 Mar - 11:24

jassi wrote:
Marky wrote:
jassi wrote:Politicians and indeed the Met are very good at PR, so that should be no problem.

well, politicians for sure but i'm not sure why the police would want to, after all, it would make for a handsome feather in their cap if they cracked the case, wouldn't it?


Well it would indeed, but as we are beginning to see in the 'establishment paedophile' cover-up, high ranking police officers can't always be trusted to do the right thing.

good point but what's to cover up where this case is concerned?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine police face deadline - questioning Portuguese-suspects

Post  Not Born Yesterday on Thu 26 Mar - 11:43

I have to admit that, speaking entirely personally, I think that this could be being covered up for the same reason as the other cases mentioned by Jassi.

Then again, if that was true, the McCanns screaming their version of events from the rooftops from day one, rather than keeping schtum, is very strange.

So really the answer is I don't know!

Not Born Yesterday
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6697
Age : 103
Location : Over the hills and far away
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine police face deadline - questioning Portuguese-suspects

Post  Guest on Thu 26 Mar - 13:16

me neither.but if it's a cover up its been a very public one.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine police face deadline - questioning Portuguese-suspects

Post  jassi on Thu 26 Mar - 14:21

Marky wrote:
jassi wrote:
Marky wrote:
jassi wrote:Politicians and indeed the Met are very good at PR, so that should be no problem.

well, politicians for sure but i'm not sure why the police would want to, after all, it would make for a handsome feather in their cap if they cracked the case, wouldn't it?


Well it would indeed, but as we are beginning to see in the 'establishment paedophile' cover-up, high ranking police officers can't always be trusted to do the right thing.

good point but what's to cover up where this case is concerned?

A monumental lack of judgement, at the very least.

jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 911
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine police face deadline - questioning Portuguese-suspects

Post  jassi on Thu 26 Mar - 14:25

Marky wrote:me neither.but if it's a cover up its been a very public one.


Yes, but going through the motions yet coming to the wrong conclusion can be a very effective way of avoiding the truth - eg numerous government initiated inquiries that never reveal anything.

jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 911
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine police face deadline - questioning Portuguese-suspects

Post  tanszi on Thu 26 Mar - 19:17

I wasn't at the inquest so don't have first hand knowledge of it. however several people have reported that there were no photographs presented or referred to as exhibit whatever number, of helium cans or other items needed to cause helium asphyxiation, which surprised me. I only have experience of one inquest and all the documentation, of which I was given a copy, all forensic reports etc., was also with the coroner, and were referred to. So yes im very surprised at that.

tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3098
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine police face deadline - questioning Portuguese-suspects

Post  interested on Thu 26 Mar - 19:37

tanszi wrote:I wasn't at the inquest so don't have first hand knowledge of it. however several people have reported that there were no photographs presented or referred to as exhibit whatever number,  of helium cans or other items needed to cause helium asphyxiation, which surprised me.  I only have experience of one inquest  and all the documentation, of which I was given a copy, all forensic reports etc., was also with the coroner, and were referred to.  So yes im very surprised at that.



Surprising too that the cause of death (complete with details of helium cans and other item required) were "leaked" to the press prior to the inquest.

interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2428
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine police face deadline - questioning Portuguese-suspects

Post  Guest on Thu 26 Mar - 20:11

and so the thread goes off topic.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine police face deadline - questioning Portuguese-suspects

Post  Guest on Fri 27 Mar - 8:08

jassi wrote:
Marky wrote:
jassi wrote:
Marky wrote:
jassi wrote:Politicians and indeed the Met are very good at PR, so that should be no problem.

well, politicians for sure but i'm not sure why the police would want to, after all, it would make for a handsome feather in their cap if they cracked the case, wouldn't it?


Well it would indeed, but as we are beginning to see in the 'establishment paedophile' cover-up, high ranking police officers can't always be trusted to do the right thing.

good point but what's to cover up where this case is concerned?

A monumental lack of judgement, at the very least.

if you refer to messrs blair and brown then yes, you have a point.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine police face deadline - questioning Portuguese-suspects

Post  Guest on Fri 27 Mar - 8:10

jassi wrote:
Marky wrote:me neither.but if it's a cover up its been a very public one.


Yes, but going through the motions yet coming to the wrong conclusion can be a very effective way of avoiding the truth - eg numerous government initiated inquiries that never reveal anything.

aside from a little political ass covering i still can't see what's to cover up.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine police face deadline - questioning Portuguese-suspects

Post  jassi on Fri 27 Mar - 8:21

Nor can I, though that might indicate how effective any such cover up is - if there is a cover-up.

jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 911
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine police face deadline - questioning Portuguese-suspects

Post  Guest on Fri 27 Mar - 8:26

jassi wrote:Nor can I, though that might indicate how effective any such cover up is - if there is a cover-up.

ah, right.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine police face deadline - questioning Portuguese-suspects

Post  Lioned on Fri 27 Mar - 19:41

Well if Maddie was an experimental IVF 'frankenstein' baby that would be something to cover up !

Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Age : 107
Location : Down South
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine police face deadline - questioning Portuguese-suspects

Post  Guest on Fri 27 Mar - 19:59

Lioned wrote:Well if Maddie was an experimental IVF 'frankenstein' baby that would be something to cover up !

wouldn't it just and hey, wasn't she ivf? oooher missus.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine police face deadline - questioning Portuguese-suspects

Post  Judge Dread on Fri 27 Mar - 20:00

A cover up of illegal acts by high rankers, perhaps...

Judge Dread
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 594
Location : Planet Earth
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine police face deadline - questioning Portuguese-suspects

Post  Guest on Fri 27 Mar - 20:03

Judge Dread wrote:A cover up of illegal acts by high rankers, perhaps...

gonna flesh that out??

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine police face deadline - questioning Portuguese-suspects

Post  Judge Dread on Fri 27 Mar - 20:31

Marky wrote:
Judge Dread wrote:A cover up of illegal acts by high rankers, perhaps...

gonna flesh that out??

Nothing to flesh out really… As this thread has meandered in to ‘cover ups’, it was just an observation based on the fact that the IPCC believe a number of high ranking VIP’s ‘illegal acts’ have been covered up by corrupt police…

Judge Dread
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 594
Location : Planet Earth
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine police face deadline - questioning Portuguese-suspects

Post  Guest on Fri 27 Mar - 20:40

Judge Dread wrote:
Marky wrote:
Judge Dread wrote:A cover up of illegal acts by high rankers, perhaps...

gonna flesh that out??

Nothing to flesh out really… As this thread has meandered in to ‘cover ups’, it was just an observation based on the fact that the IPCC believe a number of high ranking VIP’s ‘illegal acts’ have been covered up by corrupt police…

which is relevant to this case how?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine police face deadline - questioning Portuguese-suspects

Post  Judge Dread on Fri 27 Mar - 20:57

Marky wrote:
Judge Dread wrote:
Marky wrote:
Judge Dread wrote:A cover up of illegal acts by high rankers, perhaps...

gonna flesh that out??

Nothing to flesh out really… As this thread has meandered in to ‘cover ups’, it was just an observation based on the fact that the IPCC believe a number of high ranking VIP’s ‘illegal acts’ have been covered up by corrupt police…

which is relevant to this case how?

We'll just have to wait and see, won't we...

Judge Dread
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 594
Location : Planet Earth
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine police face deadline - questioning Portuguese-suspects

Post  Guest on Sat 28 Mar - 6:43

Judge Dread wrote:
Marky wrote:
Judge Dread wrote:
Marky wrote:
Judge Dread wrote:A cover up of illegal acts by high rankers, perhaps...

gonna flesh that out??

Nothing to flesh out really… As this thread has meandered in to ‘cover ups’, it was just an observation based on the fact that the IPCC believe a number of high ranking VIP’s ‘illegal acts’ have been covered up by corrupt police…

which is relevant to this case how?

We'll just have to wait and see, won't we...

no, didn't think you could.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine police face deadline - questioning Portuguese-suspects

Post  cherry1 on Sat 28 Mar - 13:25

I would say most possibly relevant as there was obviously some coverup done which we know from the fact security services were involved, interference from British Government, Freedom of Information Acts being unanswered due to national security, holding back of the Gaspar Statements by Police etc.

cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6243
Location : Here, there and everywhere
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine police face deadline - questioning Portuguese-suspects

Post  Guest on Sat 28 Mar - 13:28

cherry1 wrote:I would say most possibly relevant as there was obviously some coverup done which we know from the fact security services were involved, interference from British Government, Freedom of Information Acts being unanswered due to national security, holding back of the Gaspar Statements by Police etc.

okey doke, why?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine police face deadline - questioning Portuguese-suspects

Post  Sponsored content Today at 17:22


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum