Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Libel Trial!!!!!

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Libel Trial!!!!!

Post  interested on Mon 4 May - 20:00

I hope Ben Perrin of the Sun keeps trolling the Legal Defence Fund for Mr. Amaral to gauge the magnitude of interest his article has generated and to read the comments which accompany the donations; particularly the recent one from a person whose late father was a journalist and who would be ashamed today of his profession because of the journalists who are not prepared to challenge "the official line".

interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2395
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial!!!!!

Post  weissnicht on Tue 5 May - 10:29

interested wrote:They're getting their eighth anniversary story out early so that it doesn't overlap the anticipated royal birth.
Yes, I noticed.
Last year they said 3th of May is more important than 12th. Will the Royal birth change that? (if they can't connect it somehow to their 'anniversary')

weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 810
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial!!!!!

Post  frencheuropean on Tue 5 May - 14:48

[ http://www.gofundme.com/Legal-DefencePJGA  
(also to pay with Paypal or cheque : http://pjga.blogspot.nl/  )




http://www.gofundme.com/Legal-DefencePJGA

8,585 and this last comment:


£20
Kenny Steele
0 mins ago
I have met Goncalo through work when he was in Portimao a year before Madeline went missing. He treated my colleague and I to a meal the first night we arrived there and was always asking if his officers were assisting us properly in our enquiries which they were. I found the Police in Portimao extremely professional and thorough and IT was as a result of Goncalo and his officers that our enquiries were 100% successful. Good luck if you read this Goncalo as I once said to you that "we are the biggest gang in the World"

frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1186
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial!!!!!

Post  interested on Tue 5 May - 16:11

weissnicht wrote:
interested wrote:They're getting their eighth anniversary story out early so that it doesn't overlap the anticipated royal birth.
Yes, I noticed.
Last year they said 3th of May is more important than 12th. Will the Royal birth change that? (if they can't connect it somehow to their 'anniversary')


Knowing how Gerry likes to plan ahead, they are probably working on their ninth anniversay campaign to detract from Princess Charlotte's first birthday photos and celebrations.

interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2395
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial!!!!!

Post  AnnaEsse on Tue 5 May - 16:16

There is now a petition to the European Courts on behalf of Gonçalo Amaral. I managed to sign it, even though it's in Portuguese, and then to click on the right link in the email to confirm! An achievement!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18416
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Libel Trial!!!!

Post  winjoy on Tue 5 May - 16:20

It really is so inconsiderate of the HRH Kate to go and get married and then have a baby and then the baby's birthday to detract from the Scouser Kate's big day! It's only one day a year, after all, so you'd think they could have chosen their timing better!

Sorry, couldn't resist!

winjoy
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Number of posts : 130
Location : The Garden of England
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2013-03-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial!!!!!

Post  interested on Tue 5 May - 16:27

I hope the Portugal Resident does a follow-up to their "Brits forking out en-masse......." article of the other day. The paper needs to draw attention to the fact that, while the majority of contributors are from the U.K., people from all over the world are donating to the Defence Fund for Mr. Amaral because they recognize injustice when they see it.

interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2395
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial!!!!!

Post  interested on Tue 5 May - 16:46

AnnaEsse wrote:There is now a petition to the European Courts on behalf of Gonçalo Amaral. I managed to sign it, even though it's in Portuguese, and then to click on the right link in the email to confirm! An achievement!


I'd like to sign as well (although as a Canadian I'm not sure I am eligible). Where can I locate it? "Link" please.

interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2395
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial!!!!!

Post  AnnaEsse on Tue 5 May - 17:24

interested wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:There is now a petition to the European Courts on behalf of Gonçalo Amaral. I managed to sign it, even though it's in Portuguese, and then to click on the right link in the email to confirm! An achievement!


I'd like to sign as well (although as a Canadian I'm not sure I am eligible).  Where can I locate it? "Link" please.

Here is the link. If you right click within the text, you can opt for English translation.

http://peticaopublica.com/pview.aspx?pi=PJGA

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18416
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial!!!!!

Post  interested on Tue 5 May - 18:02

AnnaEsse wrote:
interested wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:There is now a petition to the European Courts on behalf of Gonçalo Amaral. I managed to sign it, even though it's in Portuguese, and then to click on the right link in the email to confirm! An achievement!


I'd like to sign as well (although as a Canadian I'm not sure I am eligible).  Where can I locate it? "Link" please.

Here is the link. If you right click within the text, you can opt for English translation.

http://peticaopublica.com/pview.aspx?pi=PJGA


Thanks for the link. I used the English translation but can't "submit" it unless I fill in the "BI" space. I am red-faced to admit I don't understand what "BI" stands for. I tried re-entering my e-mail address in that space but that didn't work. Help would be appreciated.

interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2395
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial!!!!!

Post  AnnaEsse on Tue 5 May - 18:21

interested wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
interested wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:There is now a petition to the European Courts on behalf of Gonçalo Amaral. I managed to sign it, even though it's in Portuguese, and then to click on the right link in the email to confirm! An achievement!


I'd like to sign as well (although as a Canadian I'm not sure I am eligible).  Where can I locate it? "Link" please.

Here is the link. If you right click within the text, you can opt for English translation.

http://peticaopublica.com/pview.aspx?pi=PJGA


Thanks for the link.  I used the English translation but can't "submit" it unless I fill in the "BI" space.  I am red-faced to admit I don't understand what "BI" stands for.  I tried re-entering my e-mail address in that space but that didn't work.  Help would be appreciated.

On a tip from another British person on Facebook, I entered my National Insurance number and for some strange reason, that was accepted.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18416
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial!!!!!

Post  fred on Tue 5 May - 18:28

Thanks for the link. I used the English translation but can't "submit" it unless I fill in the "BI" space. I am red-faced to admit I don't understand what "BI" stands for. I tried re-entering my e-mail address in that space but that didn't work. Help would be appreciated.

It means Bilhete identidade (Identity card) if you take a shit in Portugal you need your identity card

I just shoved a few random numbers in and it worked

fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4830
Location : Dining in my back garden
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial!!!!!

Post  dazedandconfused on Tue 5 May - 18:30

I signed it and used my NI No as well. Got an obrigado so assume it went through though I haven't really a clue what I've signed as I couldn't find the English translation

dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial!!!!!

Post  interested on Tue 5 May - 18:40

Many thanks to "AnnaEsse" and "fred" - like "fred", I used random numbers and my response has been accepted.

I trust that if I ever have to "go" in Portugal (as "fred" suggested) I had better remember these random numbers. LOL!!!!

interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2395
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial!!!!!

Post  interested on Tue 5 May - 19:24

A recent comment from "Becky G.", on the Go Fund Me site for Dr. Amaral's Defence Fund, is worth reading, as well of course the many others.

interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2395
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial!!!!!

Post  duncanmac on Tue 5 May - 20:44

winjoy wrote:It really is so inconsiderate of the HRH Kate to go and get married and then have a baby and then the baby's birthday to detract from the Scouser Kate's big day!  It's only one day a year, after all, so you'd think they could have chosen their timing better!

Sorry, couldn't resist!

And your point about scousers ?
Please confirm the relevance of that comment

duncanmac
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 594
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial!!!!!

Post  dazedandconfused on Tue 5 May - 21:03

duncanmac wrote:
winjoy wrote:It really is so inconsiderate of the HRH Kate to go and get married and then have a baby and then the baby's birthday to detract from the Scouser Kate's big day!  It's only one day a year, after all, so you'd think they could have chosen their timing better!

Sorry, couldn't resist!

And your point about scousers ?
Please confirm the relevance of that comment

Don't think there was any disrespect for scousers in general, but Kate is a Liverpudlian isn't she?

dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial!!!!!

Post  duncanmac on Tue 5 May - 21:23

dazedandconfused wrote:
duncanmac wrote:
winjoy wrote:It really is so inconsiderate of the HRH Kate to go and get married and then have a baby and then the baby's birthday to detract from the Scouser Kate's big day!  It's only one day a year, after all, so you'd think they could have chosen their timing better!

Sorry, couldn't resist!

And your point about scousers ?
Please confirm the relevance of that comment

Don't think there was any disrespect for scousers in general, but Kate is a Liverpudlian isn't she?

So why the need to mention it?

duncanmac
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 594
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial!!!!!

Post  dazedandconfused on Tue 5 May - 22:08

duncanmac wrote:
dazedandconfused wrote:
duncanmac wrote:
winjoy wrote:It really is so inconsiderate of the HRH Kate to go and get married and then have a baby and then the baby's birthday to detract from the Scouser Kate's big day!  It's only one day a year, after all, so you'd think they could have chosen their timing better!

Sorry, couldn't resist!

And your point about scousers ?
Please confirm the relevance of that comment

Don't think there was any disrespect for scousers in general, but Kate is a Liverpudlian isn't she?

So why the need to mention it?

Why not? I must be missing something.

dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Libel Trial!!!!

Post  winjoy on Tue 5 May - 22:36

dazedandconfused wrote:
duncanmac wrote:
dazedandconfused wrote:
duncanmac wrote:


And your point about scousers ?
Please confirm the relevance of that comment

Don't think there was any disrespect for scousers in general, but Kate is a Liverpudlian isn't she?

So why the need to mention it?

Why not?  I must be missing something.

Thank you dazedandconfused - indeed, you are missing nothing. I was simply distinguishing between the one Kate and the other and one of them is a Scouser!

winjoy
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Number of posts : 130
Location : The Garden of England
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2013-03-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial!!!!!

Post  duncanmac on Tue 5 May - 23:52

Thank you dazedandconfused - indeed, you are missing nothing. I was simply distinguishing between the one Kate and the other and one of them is a Scouser!
[/quote]

So why not call one Kate Middleton, the other Kate McCann, why did you need to highlight the fact that Kate McCann is from Liverpool,

duncanmac
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 594
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-16

Back to top Go down

Libel Trial!!!!

Post  winjoy on Wed 6 May - 0:54

Goodness me duncanmac - I had no idea that such a frivolous post would cause so much distress when it is hardly new information that Kate McCann (personally I hate using her full correct name) is from Liverpool and is, therefore a Scouser.  Don't you think it is time to drop this rather silly conversation?  Certainly I wont be commenting on this again lol!

winjoy
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Number of posts : 130
Location : The Garden of England
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2013-03-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial!!!!!

Post  weissnicht on Wed 6 May - 6:55

winjoy wrote:It really is so inconsiderate of the HRH Kate to go and get married and then have a baby and then the baby's birthday to detract from the Scouser Kate's big day!  It's only one day a year, after all, so you'd think they could have chosen their timing better!

Sorry, couldn't resist!
She must be furious. First they need to postpone the 'book' publication, not to 'clash with the Royal wedding..and now this. I bet she is fuming.

weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 810
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial!!!!!

Post  frencheuropean on Wed 6 May - 8:11

http://www.gofundme.com/Legal-DefencePJGA  

(also to pay with Paypal or cheque : http://pjga.blogspot.nl/  

£9,030 of £25k
Raised by 533 people in 6 days

And interesting comments, sometimes very long.

frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1186
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial!!!!!

Post  Not Born Yesterday on Wed 6 May - 8:29

Winjoy, your crime was enough to bring DuncanMac out of hiding - he hadn't posted anything until now since mid January!

No more referring to people by their places of origin please.

Yes, I am extracting the urine as I am sure you will realise.

Not Born Yesterday
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6695
Age : 103
Location : Over the hills and far away
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial!!!!!

Post  Sponsored content Today at 17:57


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum