Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update on Sonia Poulton doco!

+6
winjoy
comperedna
Lioned
joyce1938
cherry1
fred
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Update on Sonia Poulton doco! Empty Update on Sonia Poulton doco!

Post  fred Mon 8 Jun - 18:37

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1smj42h

Click Here!

In answer to the question: When can I see your Madeleine #McCann documentary?

I write this with some trepidation, knowing full well it will be examined to within an inch of life. And not always by friendly and welcoming eyes.

Myself and a production crew have been filming this documentary for over seven months. Initially we planned to do the whole thing, start to finish, in a couple of months.

Events changed that.

The story developed. Brenda Leyland's inquest was delayed until March 2015, we waited for the Gonçalo Amaral Lisbon result, I waited for various responses and FOIs (delayed, again) to come in.

Just to make this clear. This documentary is not a YouTube video. It has been made to specific broadcasting standards and the process involved is considerably more time-consuming and costly than that involved in a YouTube which (as I know well) is essentially a record-edit-upload process.

If only it were that straightforward.

But then this is a media story that needs to go beyond online and into the mainstream media. That's what online campaigners tell me all the time - and they are right.

I have worked in msm for decades and I also make You Tubes, I love doing it all, but the former requires such stringent disciplines and standards to be met, legally, technically and visually, that I knew I needed a production company to back me making this film.

For the reality is - and anyone who knows this case will also know there are media and legal issues attached - I am loathe to give away too much information because I am aware of how problematic that could be for us.

From the outset I knew I would struggle to get a broadcaster to fund it the way I realised, over a number of years, that the story needed to be told.

I had already been warned off by a msm producer of my acquaintance. Other colleagues (and journalist friends) have expressed similar concerns about my curiosity of the case over the years.

In order to make this documentary I needed to be able to take a package to a broadcaster. It could not be footage, to be chopped and edited according to someone else's idea of how it should be portrayed, but a complete, honest and whole film package that I would not allow to be tampered with.

If you know how msm works (and I mean REALLY know) you will know this requirement of mine is me coming with A VERY TALL ORDER, indeed. But then you will also know that that is what this story requires.

The disappearance of Madeleine McCann - and the multiple issues attached to that - is a story that very much needs updating in the way the public perceive it.

I was inspired, as a journalist and broadcaster, to pursue this by the shocking (and I'm still shocked) death of Brenda Leyland. I address this tragedy fully in the film and over the course of months as I, and a small camera crew, attended her inquests.

People will be left in no doubt about my position on Brenda Leyland - and about the events that led to her death, and those events subsequent to her death.

Let me say this at this point:

Yes, I am a professional journalist - despite detractors trying every trick to undermine my hard won and decent reputation in my industry - but I am also passionate as well as professional.

Those who oppose this documentary, and there are a few, have tried to use that against me. They have failed. I am proud to be emotionally engaged with my work, I do not want to be one of those 'professionals' who are so 'professional' that they can do a job like, say, watch child abuse images without so much as a flicker of emotion.

I don't want to be the type of person who is able to emotionally detach from the wickedness of the world in the course of their 'job'. We should never acclimatise to what is wrong, that's how I see my work. I view passion as a help not a hindrance, a strength not a weakness.

Anyone who knows me will know this and in this film I make that point very clearly.

I do this by going to the people at the heart of this story (while being clear not to interfere in any way with the ongoing police investigation) and by asking questions of public interest. (Many millions of pounds of public interest, in fact, and that's just the financial cost of this case to the public).

In this documentary, I tackle the anomalies that exist. All the stuff that is in the public domain - only you wouldn't know it judging by the lack of real investigation media organisations have conducted around this case. On that point, at least, I agree with Clarence Mitchell - the McCann's spokesman who appears in the documentary.

So, forgive me for going the long way around answering the question: when will your documentary be aired?

The short answer is I can't yet tell you. At the moment. That's me being as transparent as I can without giving ammunition to the enemies of this project.

The film is, and has been for weeks, in post-production. We have started broadcast meetings about it. Several broadcast executives have expressed a keen interest in getting involved. Myself, and a small trusted team, are (through necessity) playing our cards close to our collective chests.

Those who want justice for Madeleine McCann will understand and appreciate that. Those with other agendas, will not. Either way, we get to know who's who.

This documentary has taught me so much and not least that the enemies of it are not always immediately identifiable. I have learnt that there are detractors who claim to be on the side of justice for Madeleine McCann - in terms of finding out what happened and where she might be - but are, in actuality, the opposite.

Some of these have already become the most vocal and scathing opponents of a film - this film - that has yet to be aired. Odd behaviour. Or maybe not.

Finally, I would like to say a big thank you to every single person who has informed me on the intricacies of this story - and also made me aware of the many dubious and opportunistic characters who surround it.

This experience has been an education - a harrowing and sad one, at times - and one I believe I have conveyed in our film for the public, at large, who are not clued-up like many of those online.

Thank you for your patience. As soon as I have broadcast details, I will let you know.

Oh, and one more thing, we will shortly release a two-minute trailer to social media to give people a flavour of what to expect. Again, I have to wait for the go-ahead but as soon as I can, I will.

Have a lovely week.
Sonia X

Sonia Poul
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :
Update on Sonia Poulton doco! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Update on Sonia Poulton doco! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Update on Sonia Poulton doco! Empty Re: Update on Sonia Poulton doco!

Post  interested Mon 8 Jun - 19:23

Thank you "fred" for posting this up-date from Sonia Poulton. As a Canadian, I am not familiar with Sonia Poulton's work other than the comments I have read online, both pro and anti. Her post appears to me to be quite straight forward in describing the difficulties she is experiencing in making sure her work is not tampered with. I believe she is sincere in wanting to present the facts of the past eight years and how they are intermingled with the "disappearance" of Madeleine McCann including the devastating death of Brenda Leyland. I wish her only the best in her endeavour. Like so many others who are waiting for the whole story to be told, I have waited eight years now, I can be patient while Sonia carries on to get her work recognized. I had admire her resolve to get this project broadcast on her terms.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :
Update on Sonia Poulton doco! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Update on Sonia Poulton doco! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 10 Jun - 11:50

sonia poulton is starting to sound like blacksmith with tits. no surprises there then.

Update on Sonia Poulton doco! 608891
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Wed 10 Jun - 20:36

Update on Sonia Poulton doco! 424625
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Wed 10 Jun - 20:36

interested wrote:Thank you "fred" for posting this up-date from Sonia Poulton.  As a Canadian, I am not familiar with Sonia Poulton's work other than the comments I have read online, both pro and anti.  Her post appears to me to be quite straight forward in describing the difficulties she is experiencing in making sure her work is not tampered with.  I believe she is sincere in wanting to present the facts of the past eight years and how they are intermingled with the "disappearance" of Madeleine McCann including the devastating death of Brenda Leyland.  I wish her only the best in her endeavour.  Like so many others who are waiting for the whole story to be told, I have waited eight years now, I can be patient while Sonia carries on to get her work recognized.  I had admire her resolve to get this project broadcast on her terms.

Well said.
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 11 Jun - 7:48

There's no such thing as a sincere PRO.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 11 Jun - 11:38

It's a mystery to me why Sonia's documentary is causing such a stir in some quarters.

It may be a load of old cobblers, it may be brilliant or it may never materialise. The sky isn't going to fall in whichever one of these is true.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  joyce1938 Thu 11 Jun - 14:59

I too agree ,what all the fuss about Sonia ,I just don't know ,it seems biggest subject on line on other side too.joyce1938
joyce1938
joyce1938
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 345
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 11 Jun - 15:54

I'm sorry to have to say it but, with its screaming topics about Cristobell and Sonia Poulton, the Jill Havern site is hard to distinguish from Bonnybraes' cesspit JATYK2.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 11 Jun - 18:40

Not Born Yesterday wrote:It's a mystery to me why Sonia's documentary is causing such a stir in some quarters.

It may be a load of old cobblers, it may be brilliant or it may never materialise. The sky isn't going to fall in whichever one of these is true.

the only stir is with those who think it'll blow the case, thus suggesting there is information that can be proven and in the hands of the proper authorities can lead to a criminal prosecution. if so, then sonia poulton could be accused of withholding evidence which will not look good on her resume as well as probably being illegal. so, at best it'll be insinuation and inference but given this country's libel laws it'll likely turn out to be a resume of what we already know and will contain nothing to put the champagne on ice for.

Last edited by Marky on Fri 12 Jun - 12:32; edited 3 times in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  winjoy Thu 11 Jun - 20:49

True to form Marky Update on Sonia Poulton doco! 424625

Very well said interested Update on Sonia Poulton doco! 25346
winjoy
winjoy
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Number of posts : 130
Warning :

Registration date : 2013-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Thu 11 Jun - 22:31

At best Sonia's documentary will be a regurgitation of what we already know.If she has anything new then that will be quite an achievement.Infact worth considerably more than the £10mill + that SY have allegedly spent.

Mrs Wall has been very quiet ?
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 12 Jun - 4:17

Lioned wrote:At best Sonia's documentary will be a regurgitation of what we already know.If she has anything new then that will be quite an achievement.Infact worth considerably more than the £10mill + that SY have allegedly spent.

exactly but as you've seen that's not what some want to hear. anyways, out of interest, who's mrs wall?

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 12 Jun - 7:31

Marky wrote:
Lioned wrote:At best Sonia's documentary will be a regurgitation of what we already know.If she has anything new then that will be quite an achievement.Infact worth considerably more than the £10mill + that SY have allegedly spent.

exactly but as you've seen that's not what some want to hear. anyways, out of interest, who's mrs wall?

oh, siily me. dci wall.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 12 Jun - 12:35

winjoy wrote:True to form Marky  Update on Sonia Poulton doco! 424625

eye thank yew. Update on Sonia Poulton doco! 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Fri 18 Sep - 22:22

Don't recall any documentary....have I missed it Update on Sonia Poulton doco! 303636
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2933
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 18 Sep - 22:58

She posted this on Twitter last Sunday.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f21/14/71/15/18/sonia_10.jpg

Anyone who doesn't know which "cesspit forum" she refers to, please ask! It's not JATYK2 as you might expect.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sun 20 Sep - 11:32

You would be out off you minds to believe her.

She's a sheep in wolves clothing...believe me.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  comperedna Sun 20 Sep - 12:30

She is a twerp. Why do people give her any serious attention? I heard her interviewed on Sky opposite a senior researcher into the incidence and treatment of certain cancers, and for some dumb reason she was given equal time to warble on about her pet anti-cancer foods, and vegetable remedies. It was a shocking faux pas on Sky's part. She appeared to be two pennies short of a shilling IMHO. I know we should not insult people on here, and that is not my intention... I just mean to say that I think she is what my Mum used to call a 'blowbroth': someone who likes to hear the sound of her own voice, and has no particular talents or insights, but a lot of pushiness.
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 865
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sun 20 Sep - 14:35

She talks alot but says nothing

She goes on sky and talks about trolls but doesn't mention 'what trolls'

She talks about people being attacked on forums but doesn't mention who's doing the attacking and what forum

She talks about vile attacks on twitter but doesn't mention who's doing the attacking and who has been attacked

What she says on YouTube etc isn't what she says on sky news...she hasnt got the guts or isn't payed enough to speak the truth where millions can make up their own minds

As I said .....her job is worth more than the truth ...don't hold your breath, she's an active pro pretending to be a sympathetic anti.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  winjoy Sun 4 Oct - 13:12

Does anyone know if the trailer to this documentary has been released yet? I thought it was to come out on the anniversary of Brenda Leyland's death? That was yesterday.....
winjoy
winjoy
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  winjoy Sun 4 Oct - 13:26

Thank you for the link Not Born Yesterday...it was certainly a very brief trailer! I don't buy into Sonia being a pro myself. I think it took a lot of guts to ring Kate's doorbell! She sounded very nervous, and if she had been a pro I don't think that would have been noticeable in her voice.
winjoy
winjoy
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Sun 4 Oct - 16:05

Many thanks to "Not Born Yesterday" for the link.

I suppose some might say that Kate shouldn't have been doorstepped as poor Brenda was by Brunt, but I see a big difference between the two instances. Kate has courted the media and welcomed the status as a "celebrity", to the extent that the fund paid heavily to have she and Gerry
front page news, much as celebrities pay PR firms to keep them in the news. The McCanns are "public" persons whereas Brenda was not - big difference.

I found the link containing the interesting narrative promising and hope Sonia's entire project receives a great deal of attention.

interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next