Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

More classy Brits abroad

View previous topic View next topic Go down

More classy Brits abroad

Post  fred on Mon 22 Jun - 20:56

http://www.antenalusa.pt/albufeira-taxi-destruido-por-grupo-ingles/

In a few words, drunken Brit scum, spitting and kicking the shit out of a táxi in Albufeira. Imagine if anyone came from Faro and did this in Brighton

fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4844
Location : Dining in my back garden
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: More classy Brits abroad

Post  Keela on Wed 24 Jun - 15:16

It's beyond the pale. The behaviour of a certain section of humanity ( I use this term very very loosely) has been nothing short of vile and disgusting. Most of the antics have been the work of drunken brits who are on stag weekends. Albufeira has become a cesspit. Blackpool with sun ( Blackpool is a shithole too). If you comment on what has been going on all you get is that they bring money into the town. They probably do but what about all the other law-abiding citizens, the locals, the people with families, don't they count for something? The Mayor of Albufeira needs to get his/her head from up their backside and sort this scum out. There have been incidents of "stags" being stripped totally naked, wrapped in clingfilm, tied to a lamp-post and a bottle shoved up his backside. This was in the middle of the day in a busy part of the town. On another occasion one was again stripped naked and wrapped in clingfilm, tied to a chair at which location he proceeded to empty his bowels. Nice isn't it. And no-one has the balls to start things off to clear the streets of this type of behaviour. Magaluf have got the right idea. Time it was done here.

Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Age : 63
Location : Darkened room, hoping for the best.
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: More classy Brits abroad

Post  fuzeta on Wed 24 Jun - 20:27

They are totally disgusting and should be put on a register as unfit to be admitted to any country.   Magaluf are supposed to be sorting it out but I doubt it. Too little too late.

When I first went to Albufeira many years ago before I met my husband it was a lovely little place, very busy because  it was August.  People could drive through the town then and we hired a car that broke down in the middle, it caused that much chaos for hours that I wanted the ground to swallow me up.  We had a lovely time there.

I did not go to Portugal again for many years, more than I care to remember.  Then one year we needed a quick holiday and decided to grab a package. I saw an advert for Albufeira, it was with one of those small companies that used to be.  They were a company that was a cut above the usual and the apartment looked lovely.  I said to my husband ' why don't we go to  Albufeira  it is lovely'.

There were probably about eight other couples arrived at the apartments with us and I remember thinking ' where is Albufeira?'   Now I do not know where we were but I presume it was  what they call 'the strip' or something very like it.
It was a road of tremendous length with nothing but bars pumping out loud music. people were squealing and shouting and this was the afternoon.     On the plus side the apartment was lovely!   Well after an afternoon and a night of drunks, loud music and screaming we had had enough.

Next day we were waiting for the rep and lo and behold the other eight couples were waiting as well.  We all asked to be moved.  We were all asked to pay more, none of us cared we just wanted out.  We were moved to somewhere further west which was lovely and quiet.     So there you have it, all the nice folk moved out and the yobs stayed. That still continues to this day

If any country allows the building of  huge strips of nothing but bars serving alcohol 24/7 they get what that attracts, the dregs of society of every country, not just the Brits .   When we lived in Greece we were on a small island that used to just have a few taverna and just an odd bar. Very nice people used to visit everything was lovely.   If we went to visit the larger Islands where they had built these strips the same happened.  At that particular time the Scandinavians used to get the most drunk. Brits and Germans close behind.

It was many years again before we went back to Portugal, my husband would not go because that was  his first experience! I persuaded him and now we have found the right places we love it. Albufeira and places like it have been taken over by these yobs, many  decent people don't go there anymore.  Who can blame them.


Last edited by fuzeta on Wed 24 Jun - 20:36; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : add)

fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4182
Location : Beautiful Staffordshire
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Re: More classy Brits abroad

Post  Keela on Thu 25 Jun - 12:52

fuzeta wrote:They are totally disgusting and should be put on a register as unfit to be admitted to any country.   Magaluf are supposed to be sorting it out but I doubt it. Too little too late.

When I first went to Albufeira many years ago before I met my husband it was a lovely little place, very busy because  it was August.  People could drive through the town then and we hired a car that broke down in the middle, it caused that much chaos for hours that I wanted the ground to swallow me up.  We had a lovely time there.

I did not go to Portugal again for many years, more than I care to remember.  Then one year we needed a quick holiday and decided to grab a package. I saw an advert for Albufeira, it was with one of those small companies that used to be.  They were a company that was a cut above the usual and the apartment looked lovely.  I said to my husband ' why don't we go to  Albufeira  it is lovely'.

There were probably about eight other couples arrived at the apartments with us and I remember thinking ' where is Albufeira?'   Now I do not know where we were but I presume it was  what they call 'the strip' or something very like it.
It was a road of tremendous length with nothing but bars pumping out loud music. people were squealing and shouting and this was the afternoon.     On the plus side the apartment was lovely!   Well after an afternoon and a night of drunks, loud music and screaming we had had enough.

Next day we were waiting for the rep and lo and behold the other eight couples were waiting as well.  We all asked to be moved.  We were all asked to pay more, none of us cared we just wanted out.  We were moved to somewhere further west which was lovely and quiet.     So there you have it, all the nice folk moved out and the yobs stayed. That still continues to this day

If any country allows the building of  huge strips of nothing but bars serving alcohol 24/7 they get what that attracts, the dregs of society of every country, not just the Brits .   When we lived in Greece we were on a small island that used to just have a few taverna and just an odd bar. Very nice people used to visit everything was lovely.   If we went to visit the larger Islands where they had built these strips the same happened.  At that particular time the Scandinavians used to get the most drunk. Brits and Germans close behind.

It was many years again before we went back to Portugal, my husband would not go because that was  his first experience! I persuaded him and now we have found the right places we love it. Albufeira and places like it have been taken over by these yobs, many  decent people don't go there anymore.  Who can blame them.


Your comments reflect the way things are now. Bars only see these sub-humans as a money machine and don't care about the decent folk. Personally I hate Albufeira although I have my shop there because it is where the holiday makers go. Families avoid the place like the plague

Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Age : 63
Location : Darkened room, hoping for the best.
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: More classy Brits abroad

Post  interested on Thu 25 Jun - 18:27

"Drunken British 'hoodlums-on-holiday' skip Portuguese justice www.portugueseresident.com

interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2425
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: More classy Brits abroad

Post  fuzeta on Thu 25 Jun - 18:36

I know Keela, it is very sad. As you say families stay away. I did not realise that is where you had your business. such a pretty place it was. I do wonder if the people that own these bars come from somewhere else and do not care what happens to it. They should knock those strips down and start again, keeping the riff raff out

When we go for around seven weeks in the winter, we now go to the Eastern Algarve to a small village called Santa Luzia. This is close to what I think is the most beautiful town in the Algarve, Tavira. It is all still very Portuguese which is what we want. All the people that go are decent people. It is a real pleasure to be there. To sit at the cafe in the village square in Santa Luzia is wonderful. In the evening sometimes we go there and sit inside the café ( because it is winter!) It is just local people at night and we have a lovely time. Long may it remain so. If those drunken yobs moved in we would move out. I don't think they will because there is absolutely nothing to attract them. I just feel so sorry about what has happened to Albufeira. It has been the same with many of the Greek Islands, you certainly have to pick your places these days.

I wonder Keela, does this affect your business? Was it better before those disgusting people started coming? I do hope that something is done about it. I just think we all get tarred with the same brush, which is awful.

fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4182
Location : Beautiful Staffordshire
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Re: More classy Brits abroad

Post  Keela on Fri 26 Jun - 13:53

fuzeta wrote:I know Keela, it is very sad. As you say families stay away. I did not realise that is where you had your business.  such a pretty place it was.  I do wonder  if the people that own these bars come from somewhere else and do not care what happens to it. They should knock those strips down and start again, keeping the riff raff out

When we go for around seven weeks in the winter, we now go to the Eastern Algarve to a small village called Santa Luzia. This is close to what I think is the most beautiful town in the Algarve, Tavira.   It is all still very Portuguese which is what we want.  All the people that go are decent people.  It is a real pleasure to be there.  To sit at the cafe in the village square in Santa Luzia is wonderful.   In the evening sometimes we go there and sit inside the café ( because it is winter!)  It is just local people at night  and we have a lovely time.   Long may it remain so.   If those drunken yobs moved in we would move out.  I don't think they will because there is absolutely nothing to attract  them.  I just feel so sorry about what has happened to Albufeira.   It has been the same with many of the Greek Islands, you certainly have to pick your places these days.  

I wonder Keela, does this affect your business? Was it better before those disgusting people started coming? I do hope that something is done about it.   I just think we all get tarred with the same brush, which is awful.


I don't think that other parts of the Algarve will get the riff raff which is attracted to Albufeira. The problem is that the bars do "happy hours" which for some unknown reason last from 10am to midnight (one hell of an hour!!). The don't care that some of their patrons may already be drunk and possibly too drunk to find their mouths with both hands. They still serve them. There is a company which runs bar crawls. I know the person who does them and she assures me that their guests are well behaved ! Maybe on that night but what of the others? All the bar owners can see is the money these alcohol fuelled guests are bringing to the town. They forget that not everyone wants to see bare male backsides, females with so little on they may just as well not bother ( and that is during daylight hours!). I too wish that someone would take the matter in hand and clean up the place. The behaviour of these drunken brits get into the local papers and then into the national and finally into the international ones like Daily Mail and then everyone thinks that is the norm and a reputation is gained which takes forever to get rid of.
Fortunately there are still some tourists who do know what a book looks like and can actually read! Although some of those who pass by, you have got to wonder!

Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Age : 63
Location : Darkened room, hoping for the best.
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: More classy Brits abroad

Post  Claudia79 on Fri 26 Jun - 15:47

There are assholes everywhere and from all origins. The key factor is the alcohol, nothing to do with nationalities. The fact that there are more news regarding UK tourists is because most tourists in the Algarve come from the UK. Of course some people generalise but there are generalising idiots everywhere.

Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7004
Age : 37
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: More classy Brits abroad

Post  fred on Fri 26 Jun - 17:59

Claudia79 wrote:There are assholes everywhere and from all origins. The key factor is the alcohol, nothing to do with nationalities. The fact that there are more news regarding UK tourists is because most tourists in the Algarve come from the UK. Of course some people generalise but there are generalising idiots everywhere.

That is true in all cases of course and you are totally right. It just seems with the Brits that alcohol is the 'main feature' in their lives, i'm British myself and yes alcohol plays a huge part of my life, I love it,end of! But the point is, most people 'love it' but don't get excessive, just look at Kavos, Magaluf, Ibiza etc. It is always the Brits or Germans who go OTT!! Even the Beer festivals in Hamburg don't get that kind of behaviour. I suppose youth and being away from home is a factor, but it is bloody silly how they carry on

fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4844
Location : Dining in my back garden
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: More classy Brits abroad

Post  Claudia79 on Fri 26 Jun - 22:59

fred wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:There are assholes everywhere and from all origins. The key factor is the alcohol, nothing to do with nationalities. The fact that there are more news regarding UK tourists is because most tourists in the Algarve come from the UK. Of course some people generalise but there are generalising idiots everywhere.

That is true in all cases of course and you are totally right.  It just seems with the Brits that alcohol is the 'main feature' in their lives, i'm British myself and yes alcohol plays a huge part of my life, I love it,end of!  But the point is, most people 'love it' but don't get excessive, just look at Kavos, Magaluf, Ibiza etc. It is always the Brits or Germans who go OTT!!  Even the Beer festivals in Hamburg don't get that kind of behaviour.  I suppose youth and being away from home is a factor, but it is bloody silly how they carry on

I don't drink (don't like the taste)and I have no patience at all for drunks although I have nothing against people who drink in a reasonable way. Young people and alcohol... It's always been like that and it will always be. During Easter break High School finalists in Portugal usually go to Spain as you may know (viagem de finalistas). Every year is the same. Many get themselves into a coma, hotels trashed, etc. I understand what you say because when it happens I also feel ashamed but I know it's not a nationality thing. Sadly there are morons from all colours, nationalities, religions, sexual orientations, etc. It's part of the human condition.

Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7004
Age : 37
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: More classy Brits abroad

Post  fred on Sat 27 Jun - 6:05

Think this is what Keela was talking about.

http://portugalresident.com/sleep-deprived-residents-demand-end-to-albufeira-strip-%E2%80%9Cexcesses%E2%80%9D

fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4844
Location : Dining in my back garden
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: More classy Brits abroad

Post  Sponsored content Today at 20:38


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum