Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What does he future hold?

5 posters

Go down

What does he future hold? Empty What does he future hold?

Post  katertaif Tue 1 Dec - 21:41

Amid the growing clamour for air strikes in Syria, there s also a lot of talk about a diplomatic solution. Fair enough. As unlikely as that seems at the moment, it is something we would all wish for. The problem being that among the western governments, any such solution must be made in light of at the least a transitional government with Assad out, or at least well on his way have they heard of a man called Vladimir Putin. who is supporting Assad all the way. I personally believe it is because of the warm water ports at Russia's disposal through Syria, but whatever the reason, Russia and Putin are supporting Assad.

I do not see a scenario where that will change significantly, so would that mean we would be prepared to go to war with Russia over it? I think not.

Besides which, Assad, while a brutal dictator in our eyes, is a perfectly normal leader in theirs. Some would even say too easy going on Christians Sunnis/Shi'ites Israel etc. Democracy plays no part in Islam, that is one of the few things the different factions agree on. To that degree at least, Assad is not as bad as we make him out to be. We just cannot impose our values in a few short years on people's mother nature has taken tens of thousands to accomplish
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1296
Warning :
What does he future hold? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What does he future hold? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2014-02-24

Back to top Go down

What does he future hold? Empty Re: What does he future hold?

Post  joyce1938 Wed 2 Dec - 14:50

Katerteif wise words from you ,joyce1938
joyce1938
joyce1938
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 345
Warning :
What does he future hold? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What does he future hold? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Wed 2 Dec - 18:22

Yes I absolutely agree. Have we not learned anything since  Gaddafi and Hussein?   In my opinion to depose Assad  would be the worst possible thing we could do.  What then?   Different factions running amok but this time blaming us.   I would not trust Putin as far as I could throw him, about the same as I trust Turkey,  he has his own agenda but he is right on this.     Yes we need to stop these terrorists but what then another Iraq? what is the plan, does anyone know? It's a nightmare.

One thing I do know is that we cannot allow these terrorists to become even more powerful which they are doing on a daily basis. They are not only in the Middle East they are amongst us and continue to infiltrate us as they please. We all know how.

Last edited by fuzeta on Wed 2 Dec - 19:13; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add)
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Thu 3 Dec - 11:21

The future holds nothing but the things that wars bring.....death, destruction and human misery and suffering. Lives destroyed, children mained etc etc....heartbreaking What does he future hold? 389741
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2933
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Thu 3 Dec - 13:53

ONE PROBLEM I THINK IS PSYCHOPATHS WHICH IS WHAT SOME OF ISIS ARE,THEY CAUSE WARS MASS DEATHS,ALTHOUGH NOT ALL PSYCHOPATHS DO THAT.
THEY SEEK POWER ETC.
EXAMPLES INCLUDE HITLER,AL-BAGHDADI,SADDAM HUSSEIN ETC ETC
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down