Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goncalo Amaral DID NOT LIE ABOUT Madeleine McCann - Daily Express (Dec. 7, 2015)

5 posters

Go down

Goncalo Amaral DID NOT LIE ABOUT Madeleine McCann - Daily Express (Dec. 7, 2015) Empty Goncalo Amaral DID NOT LIE ABOUT Madeleine McCann - Daily Express (Dec. 7, 2015)

Post  interested Mon 7 Dec - 15:55

While scanning the McCann tweeter account, I noticed a tweet from Anthony Bennett (posted about four hours ago) stating that the Daily Express has corrected an earlier false headline which accused Mr. Amaral of lieing. Sorry, I can't find the Express item online; perhaps someone more talented than I can come up with more information.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :
Goncalo Amaral DID NOT LIE ABOUT Madeleine McCann - Daily Express (Dec. 7, 2015) Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Goncalo Amaral DID NOT LIE ABOUT Madeleine McCann - Daily Express (Dec. 7, 2015) Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Goncalo Amaral DID NOT LIE ABOUT Madeleine McCann - Daily Express (Dec. 7, 2015) Empty Re: Goncalo Amaral DID NOT LIE ABOUT Madeleine McCann - Daily Express (Dec. 7, 2015)

Post  pamalam Mon 7 Dec - 18:48

interested wrote:While scanning the McCann tweeter account, I noticed a tweet from Anthony Bennett (posted about four hours ago) stating that the Daily Express has corrected an earlier false headline which accused Mr. Amaral of lieing.  Sorry, I can't find the Express item online; perhaps someone more talented than I can come up with more information.

Maddy: Detective did lie about death cover-up claim

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/press/96april15/Express_29_04_2015.htm

"Amplifications and Clarifications Gonçalo Amaral –Correction

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/press/104dec15/Express_07_12_2015.htm
pamalam
pamalam
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 364
Warning :
Goncalo Amaral DID NOT LIE ABOUT Madeleine McCann - Daily Express (Dec. 7, 2015) Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Goncalo Amaral DID NOT LIE ABOUT Madeleine McCann - Daily Express (Dec. 7, 2015) Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-11-11

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Goncalo Amaral DID NOT LIE ABOUT Madeleine McCann - Daily Express (Dec. 7, 2015) Empty Re: Goncalo Amaral DID NOT LIE ABOUT Madeleine McCann - Daily Express (Dec. 7, 2015)

Post  interested Mon 7 Dec - 19:24

Many thanks to "pamalam" for posting the above links. I guess even if I had a copy of the paper I would have missed that small correction item (on page 21 no less) under Amplications and Clarifications. I have to wonder, since Anthony Bennett posted the "tweet", was he the person responsible for getting the Daily Express to recant what was prominently printed on the front page? If so, congratulations to him!!!!!
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  comperedna Tue 8 Dec - 11:50

I believe he was. Good on him!
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 865
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Tue 8 Dec - 23:26

Many thanks to "Not Born Yesterday" for providing the above links. I know not everyone is a fan of Tony Bennett but I for one admire his perseverance in his dedication to hold the McCanns responsible for the disappearance of Madeleine. I applaud him for what he did to have this correction printed (albeit on page 21). I'm sure even he didn't expect it to make the front page. I'm sure Mr. Amaral is appreciative of Tony's effort on his behalf.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Wed 9 Dec - 14:15

Good on the Resident for picking up on the story. It is the only paper albeit a very small regional paper for ex-pats, but they are very good about printing both sides of the story.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveT Fri 11 Dec - 15:54

Well done Tony Bennett!
SteveT
SteveT
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 602
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down