Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kate: Maddie still in Algarve - Monday's Sun

+2
Angelina
cherry1
6 posters

Go down

Kate: Maddie still in Algarve - Monday's Sun Empty Kate: Maddie still in Algarve - Monday's Sun

Post  interested Sun 14 Feb - 23:54

I've just seen the front page of tomorrow's Sun. This "McCann Exclusive" is by Antonella Lazzeri.

I suppose Madeleine's body could very well still be in the Algarve - Kate would know more about that than I do.

I can't get the actual article; possibly others will see it and decide if it is worth posting.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :
Kate: Maddie still in Algarve - Monday's Sun Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Kate: Maddie still in Algarve - Monday's Sun Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Kate: Maddie still in Algarve - Monday's Sun Empty Re: Kate: Maddie still in Algarve - Monday's Sun

Post  cherry1 Mon 15 Feb - 9:59

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/6931353/Maddie-not-taken-far-says-Kate-McCann.html

KATE McCann yesterday said she is convinced whoever snatched Madeleine from the Algarve resort of Praia da Luz never took her far.

She said: “That’s where she last was and I don’t think she’s been taken a million miles from there.

“I’ve always said Praia da Luz is the place where I feel closest to her.”
In the nine years since three-year-old Madeleine was abducted from the family’s apartment on 3 May 2007 there have been thousands of “sightings” of her worldwide.

There have also been many theories that she was rushed out of Portugal to be sold to a childless couple. But Kate believes Madeleine probably never left the country.
She said she and husband Gerry have learned from their years of research that abducted children are generally not taken far.

She said: “It’s all only speculation, but we’ve learned that’s usually the case.”

Kate, 47, is spearheading a two-week drive to get a million people in the UK to register for free Child Rescue Alerts. The Royal Mail-funded scheme sends appeals to phones, computers and tablets when a child goes missing.

She believes if CRAs had been around in 2007 Madeleine may have been found safe and sound within hours.
Kate said: “It’s nearly nine years and that’s so ridiculous and so unbelievable. You think, ‘Gosh that could have been hours, or a day’.

“If enough people had been mobilised and galvanised early then who knows what the outcome would have been.”

Madeleine’s 13th birthday is in May. And Kate said in her mind’s eye she jumps from seeing her as she was when she vanished — to seeing her as she would be today.

She said: “Nine years. Time just goes too quickly. It’s the quiet times that are tough. Times when you are thinking about her — or something related to her.”
Scotland Yard’s investigation into Madeleine’s abduction has been scaled down. But Kate and Gerry will continue to search for her.

She said: “The urge to look for Madeleine absolutely hasn’t changed at all. You hear all the time about people who have been missing for years being found. There have been so many cases like that.

“We will never give up. You couldn’t settle if you thought about giving up. I want an end, an answer. Whatever that it is.”

TO register and receive alerts just text HERO and your postcode to 85080.

It’s estimated only around six alerts a year are likely to be sent when cops believe the life of a missing child is in imminent danger.

Registration costs a standard network text message rate. At www.childrescuealert.org.uk it is completely free to sign up.

If you receive an alert do exactly what Kate says and “be the eyes and ears of a search”.

If you see or hear anything suspicious phone the number given on the text.
Kate says: “If it turns out you are wrong it doesn’t matter, but if you are right it could save that child’s life.”

(similar articles in Mail, Mirror, and other papers)
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :
Kate: Maddie still in Algarve - Monday's Sun Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Kate: Maddie still in Algarve - Monday's Sun Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Kate: Maddie still in Algarve - Monday's Sun Empty Re: Kate: Maddie still in Algarve - Monday's Sun

Post  Angelina Mon 15 Feb - 10:07

I agree with her...apart from the bit about being alive Kate: Maddie still in Algarve - Monday's Sun 389741
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2933
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Mon 15 Feb - 11:01

It's the same story in the mirror............

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccanns-mum-kate-believes-7372654

Madeleine McCann's mum Kate believes her daughter is still alive in the Algarve
00:19, 15 FEB 2016 UPDATED 07:11, 15 FEB 2016
BY PAUL HOOPER
She is convinced Madeleine never went far from the Praia da Luz resort where she was snatched in 2007 - despite thousands of reported sightings of her around the world

PAMadeleine McCann
Madeleine McCann went missing from her room in 2007

Kate McCann has revealed she believes missing daughter Madeleine is still alive in the Algarve.

She is convinced Madeleine never went far from the Praia da Luz resort where she was snatched on May 3 2007 - despite thousands of reported sightings of her around the world.

Launching a campaign to get a million people to sign up for missing child alerts, Kate said: “Praia da Luz is where I feel closest to her.

“That’s where she last was and I don’t think she’s been taken a million miles from there.”

As well as the scores of apparent sightings , other theories on the tot’s disappearance include that she might have been rushed out of Portugal and sold to a childless couple.

But Kate, 47, said that her and husband Gerry’s years of research has taught them that kidnapped children are not usually taken far away.

Kate and Gerry say research has taught them stolen children are often not taken far
“It’s all only speculation, but we’ve learned that’s usually the case,” she said.

Kate is heading up a two-week drive to get a million people in the UK to register for free Child Rescue Alerts (CRAs).

Read more: Madeleine's parents still place presents in her untouched room

The scheme, funded by the Royal Mail, sends appeals to phones, computers, and tablets when a child vanishes.

Kate thinks if the scheme had been around back in 2007 then Maddie, aged three at the time, may have been found within hours.

Praia da Luz, where Kate feels closest to Madeleine
“It’s nearly nine years and that’s so ridiculous and so unbelievable,” she said.

“You think ‘gosh that could have been hours, or a day’.

“If enough people had been mobilised and galvanised early then who knows what the outcome would have been.”

With Maddie’s 13th birthday approaching in May, Kate said: “Nine years. Time just goes too quickly. It’s the quiet times that are tough.

Hearbreak: Kate talks of missing Madeleine
“Times when you are thinking about her - or something related to her.”

Despite Scotland Yard’s probe into Madeleine’s abduction being scaled down , her parents insist they will continue to search for her.

Kate said: “The urge to look for Madeleine absolutely hasn’t changed at all.

“You hear all the time about people who have been missing for years being found.

Read more: Kate and Gerry to launch new appeal to find daughter

“We will never give up. You couldn’t settle if you thought about giving up.

“I want an end, an answer. Whatever that is.”

To register and receive Child Rescue Alerts, text HERO and your postcode to 85080.

Only about six alerts per year are likely to be sent when police believe the life of a missing child is in immediate danger.

Registration costs a standard network text message rate.

It is free to sign up at www.childrescuealert.org.uk
Unquote.....

My favourite comment of this article.....

Kate said:-
Unquote...

Wow.... Memory problems Kate?...........Jogging, Tennis, 48 unanswered question?

malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Mon 15 Feb - 14:21

I know its off topic but is there any news of Dr Goncalo Amaral s appeal. I'm just wondering as there doesn't appear to be any real reason for the wallpapered article. what is being hidden is always my question when there blanket msm coverage. perhaps I'm wrong.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Mon 15 Feb - 16:12

She thinks the child rescue alerts could have mobilized people at the time of Madeleine's disappearance. How mobilized was she, the child's mother, to search and answer questions regarding her "disappearance", unlike the good people of Portugal who were mobilized and did search.

The timing of the articles makes me wonder if news from Portugal is coming soon. As well, the ninth anniversary is approaching; time to get the donation buckets out again.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Mon 15 Feb - 16:40

I just noticed the Daily Mail has a much shorter take on Kate's speculation. The DM is not accepting comments which seems odd because that paper does very well with all the "hits" they get.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Mon 15 Feb - 20:41

This "McCann Exclusive" (as the Sun calls it) just seems to be another general press release because so many news outlets are running with it, including Radar Online. The question remains why now?
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Mon 15 Feb - 22:02

Huffington Post have joined in the fun....

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2016/02/15/madeleine-mccann-news-kate-gerry-algarve_n_9234404.html?ir=UK+Parents

Madeleine McCann News: Mother, Kate, Says She Is 'Not A Million Miles' From Algarve
The Huffington Post UK  |  By Chris York

Posted: 15/02/2016 07:35 GMT Updated: 15/02/2016 07:59 GMT

Kate McCann has said she believes her daughter's kidnapper did not take her "a million miles" from the Algarve.

Madeleine McCann was just three when she disappeared from the family's holiday apartment in Praia da Luz in Portugal in May 2007.

Mrs McCann, of Rothley, Leicestershire, vowed she and her husband Gerry would "never give up" hope of finding their daughter.

The 47-year-old, who is an ambassador for charity Missing People, said her research had led her to believe abducted children were not usually taken far from the scene, reports the Press Association.

She told the Sun: "That's where she last was and I don't think she's been taken a million miles from there. I've always said Praia da Luz is the place where I feel closest to her."

"The urge to look for Madeleine absolutely hasn't changed at all. You hear all the time about people who have been missing for years being found. There have been so many cases like that.

"We will never give up. You couldn't settle if you thought about giving up. I want an end, an answer. Whatever that it is."

SEE ALSO:
Madeleine McCann's Parents' List 23 Things They Miss About Their Daughter
A German Serial Killer Could Be Quizzed Over Madeleine McCann
Mrs McCann added that Child Rescue Alerts, a scheme of early warning messages she helped launch, could have "mobilised" people at the time of Madeleine's disappearance.

Since 2011, the Met have been assisting in the search for clues as to what happened to the youngster with officers visiting the holiday resort in 2014

The couple had previously praised the "meticulous and painstaking work" of detectives, and have again offered thanks to the police.

But last year the number of officers working on the case was reduced.

The Home Office said in June that the investigation had cost £10 million, with a further £2 million budgeted for the year ahead.
Unquote.

Yet another laughable quote, this has to be one of Mitchell's...
Since 2011, the Met have been assisting in the search for clues as to what happened to the youngster with officers visiting the holiday resort in 2014.

Assisting with the investigation??? Assisting who???? The McCanns????

They have no shame....
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Mon 15 Feb - 23:24

The Daily Express is a day late weighing in with: "Maddy - Why I think our daughter is still alive and in Portugal"
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Tue 16 Feb - 12:02

At last, a response from the Leicester Mercury.... So it must be true.....

Kate McCann believes missing Madeleine is still in Portugal
By AlanThompson | Posted: February 15, 2016

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Kate-McCann-believes-missing-Madeleine-Portugal/story-28737022-detail/story.html

The search goes on for Madeleine, missing since May, 2007

Madeleine McCann's mum Kate says she believes her little girl is still in Portugal, not far from where she was abducted nine years ago.

Speaking in The Sun, Kate McCann said she is convinced whoever snatched Madeleine from the Algarve resort of Praia da Luz never took her far.

She said: "That's where she last was and I don't think she's been taken a million miles from there.

"I've always said Praia da Luz is the place where I feel closest to her."

RELATED CONTENT
Madeleine McCann: Parents will start 2016 with 'fresh hope' daughter will be found
​Madeleine McCann's parents to 'launch new privately funded search for daughter'
Madeleine McCann's parents highlight plight of people living in limbo after loved one disappears
There have been thousands of "sightings" worldwide In the nine years since three-year-old Madeleine was abducted from the family's apartment on May 3, 2007.

There have also been many theories that she was smuggled out of Portugal to be sold to a childless couple.

She said she and husband Gerry have learned from their years of research that abducted children are generally not taken far.

She told The Sun: "It's all only speculation, but we've learned that's usually the case."

Kate, 47, is spearheading a two-week drive to get a million people in the UK to register for free Child Rescue Alerts (CRSAs).

The Royal Mail-funded scheme sends appeals to phones, computers and tablets when a child goes missing.

She believes if CRAs had been around in 2007 Madeleine may have been found safe and sound within hours.

Kate added: "If enough people had been mobilised and galvanised early then who knows what the outcome would have been.

"Nine years. Time just goes too quickly. It's the quiet times that are tough. Times when you are thinking about her — or something related to her."

Scotland Yard's investigation into Madeleine's abduction has been scaled down. But Kate and Gerry will continue to search for her.

She said: "The urge to look for Madeleine absolutely hasn't changed at all. You hear all the time about people who have been missing for years being found.

"We will never give up. You couldn't settle if you thought about giving up. I want an end, an answer. Whatever that it is."

To register and receive alerts just text HERO and your postcode to 85080.

Registration costs a standard network text message rate.

It is completely free to sign up at www.childrescuealert.org.uk

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Kate-McCann-believes-missing-Madeleine-Portugal/story-28737022-detail/story.html#ixzz40KalS5w4
Follow us: @Leicester_Merc on Twitter | leicestermercury on Facebook.
Unquote...

People might give your thoughts and beliefs some consideration, Kate... If you had answered the questions put to you by the Portuguese Investigators or gave a valid reason why you refused.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  joyce1938 Tue 16 Feb - 12:24

Ihave a feeling ,she said that her lawyer told her not to answer ,I have read that ,so cant be %100 .on that .joyce1938
joyce1938
joyce1938
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 345
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Tue 16 Feb - 14:51

If I had nothing to hide, no lawyer, in fact no one on earth could convince me to remain silent if my child was missing.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  joyce1938 Tue 16 Feb - 15:08

I agree, I too would not keep quiet ,maybe some would be looking for an excuse to not reply ?joyce1938
joyce1938
joyce1938
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 345
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Tue 16 Feb - 16:15

Anorak's view of "Madeleine McCann: speculation, claims and the Algarve crime scene" asks the question, "How can Kate McCann 'firmly believe' that something 'could' be true?"

www.anorak.co.uk (under News, Madeleine McCann)
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down