Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'ts a wonderful life

5 posters

Go down

I'ts a wonderful life Empty I'ts a wonderful life

Post  katertaif Thu 7 Apr - 15:46

Today's news showed a clip of the extremely wealthy Mr. Cameron reading an excerpt from the tax payer funded brochure telling us how disastrous it would be to leave the Common Market/European Union/ United States of Europe. staying in will secure jobs, whereas leaving would cost jobs he thundered. Perhaps this hasn't been explained clearly enough to the families of Port Talbot. Or of Teesside, Corby, Scunthorpe, Ravenscraig, etc. etc. not forgetting the service industries large and small who depend on them. The blast Furnace at Redcar, hailed; when I worked on Teesside as almost an eighth wonder of the modern world, now worth scrap metal. If this is what Cameron claims is securing jobs. the question must be asked, how many jobs can we as a country afford to secure?

A little while ago Cameron pleaded with India to graciously allow us to continue sending them foreign aid, when they bluntly told us they neither needed nor wanted it. How many jobs could that save? One thing is certain, if anyone does take over what is left of our steel industry, the good old tax payer will underwrite any losses, while waving goodbye to any profits. Always assuming they don't simply asset strip!!
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1296
Warning :
I'ts a wonderful life Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100I'ts a wonderful life Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2014-02-24

Back to top Go down

I'ts a wonderful life Empty Re: I'ts a wonderful life

Post  malena stool Fri 8 Apr - 16:37

katertaif wrote:Today's news showed a clip of the extremely wealthy Mr. Cameron reading an excerpt from the tax payer funded brochure telling us how disastrous it would be to leave the Common Market/European Union/ United States of Europe. staying in will secure jobs, whereas leaving would cost jobs he thundered. Perhaps this hasn't been explained clearly enough to the families of Port Talbot. Or of Teesside, Corby, Scunthorpe, Ravenscraig, etc. etc. not forgetting the service industries large and small who depend on them. The blast Furnace at Redcar, hailed;  when I worked on Teesside  as almost an eighth wonder of the modern world, now worth scrap metal. If this is what Cameron claims is securing jobs. the question must be asked, how many jobs can we as a country afford to secure?

A little while ago Cameron pleaded with India to graciously allow us to continue sending them foreign aid, when they bluntly told us they neither needed nor wanted it. How many jobs could that save? One thing is certain, if anyone does take over what is left of our steel industry, the good old tax payer will underwrite any losses, while waving goodbye to any profits. Always assuming they don't simply asset strip!!

Good afternoon katertaif,
While we don't have the depth of wholly British owned companies in manufacturing now after almost 30 years of cuts, asset stripping and sales under the auspices of various political administrations, we do however need to leave the dictatorship of Brussels behind. So a kick start in manufacturing will probably be needed. We do have the technology, innovative businessmen and a veritable wealth of skilled tradesmen who are most likely stacking shelves in Lidl or Aldi so we could rebuild our industries again with new investors and government money being plowed into this country, not propping up German industry, French farmers and thousands of unelected EU bureaucrats across Europe, whose greatest contribution is to produce straight carrots and cucumbers.

I'm not sure of how many jobs we could secure, but Cameron is, I would imagine extremely fixated on saving his own 'nice little earner' in No.10 at this particular point in time.

Last edited by malena stool on Fri 8 Apr - 16:40; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typos)
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :
I'ts a wonderful life Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100I'ts a wonderful life Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  katertaif Fri 8 Apr - 23:11

Good evening old son

Monsieur Cameron certainly seems to have made a mess of things. It simply reinforces the popular opinion that with the exception of Dennis Skinner the entire boiling of them in both houses, and regardless of the colour of rosette they wear are as pretty a bunch of rogues as you would find in a long  days march.

Cameron as de facto ruler off the country especially. If we cannot trust the incumbent of that office, who can we trust?
I agree with you. pulling out of the tyranny of Europe, will be a rocky road, but preferable to staying in, and watching our cultures going down the pan.

If it wasn't all so serious it would make a good subject for a Whitehall farce. Livingstone this afternoon slagging off Mynheer Cameron, while conveniently forgetting his own transgressions. As several of them do.  I have no objection at all to this  groundswell calling for his resignation(no chance of that) Quite a few of them should be adding their own names to the list.

If we do vote to leave the new jackboot of Europe, I wonder if a la Eire, a second vote giving the right answer will be called for.

Last edited by katertaif on Fri 8 Apr - 23:13; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missed word)
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sat 9 Apr - 12:25

Good morning, katertaif.
Yes, Mr. Cameron has certainly played a leading role in the making of a 'pig's ear' out of a potential silk purse since the Tories were gifted solo possession of the keys to No.10.. The volume of blatant lies, disingenuous half truths, increased job losses, vicious cuts to our Armed Services, Social Welfare, Public Health and Education issued since his tenure took effect shows an astounding and a grossly unfair burden placed on those lesser well off of our society, in effect about 99% of the population.

Cameron could and should have stood up to and cleaned the detritus of deviancy and corrupt practice from Parliament, which is as rife now as ever was and placed the blame for the state of our economy and falling living standards where it really lies, on the shoulders of corrupt bankers, shady businessmen and sticky fingered politicians. Had he done so, even to some small degree he may well have been a popular figure instead of one held in disdain, contempt and mocked by both the electorate and his colleagues. But plainly he has a greater interest in ensuring his own investments bear fruit than the well being of the Nation and people who rely on his and his cabinet's sound unbiased judgements. No change from the underhand Thatcher/Heath/Blair/Brown eras of British politics, then....  

The Labour party has, imo, no true leader amongst its ranks, Cobyn is a beatnik, a communist living in the past, nurturing policies which failed 30 years and more ago... Even the Russians have flushed Corbyn's brand of communism down the loo. I believe the Labour Party tea lady is more of a leader than Corbyn or Livingstone, who is yet another 'Red till I'm dead' dinosaur, with as you say a whole flotilla of transgressions in tow, as do they all.

Should the vote to leave the EU come to fruition, the UK will need a new man at the helm. It may well come to another coalition government, so surely out of 650 overpaid 'Honourable Members' we can magic another Churchillian figure who is unafraid to do what is right for the country, one who will have his own bank balance firmly here in the UK where he pays the appropriate taxes that the law demands.

I have an ex colleague who now resides in Eire, they are planning to move overseas once her husband retires. I don't think they are particularly happy with the unelected edicts coming from Brussels.

Sorry if it's a bit of a rant.. ms.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sat 9 Apr - 15:04

A HUMBLE SUGGESTION FROM YOUR HUMBLE SERVANT,THAT EVERYONE SHOULD BUY A WEBSITE OFF EBAY AND MAKE MONEY SUPPORTNG THE BRITISH ECONOMY.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  katertaif Sat 9 Apr - 23:13

Good evening malena stool. a rant perhaps, but  in this day and age where our politicians of all shades simply regard us as vote fodder, what would you? Whether  we can magic another Churchillian like figure from the 650 odd who at present infest the lower house, and God only knows how many in the upper house is at best debatable.

Churchill crossed the floor and re crossed it, in each case saying that the party had changed not him. I believe he was about the last true statesman we have had and was able  to inspire people even when it seemed the Wehrmacht would be marching down the mall imminently.

That is the frightening thing about us leaving a Europe whose politicians are every bit as corrupt as our own. I don't doubt that whoever gets he job under those conditions will do their best. However, given all measurable political criteria, it won't be much of a best. Based on present day politicos with their brand of politics based on "Yah boo, sucks to you!!" "Yeah, well you're another!!" coupled with a knowledge of politics which to  all intents and purposes ended with "Impeach Lincoln" and we have a recipe for disaster whichever way we vote. I could not agree  with you more about the swingeing cuts especially to our armed forces. When inquiries into a campaign last longer than the campaign did, there is a fundamental flaw in the system. Time for a root and branch  change after the referendum.
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  katertaif Sun 10 Apr - 9:07

Badboy wrote:A HUMBLE SUGGESTION FROM YOUR HUMBLE SERVANT,THAT EVERYONE SHOULD BUY A WEBSITE OFF EBAY AND MAKE MONEY SUPPORTNG THE BRITISH ECONOMY.

Sorry Batboy, I can't see the point unless it's a tongue in cheek comment.
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sun 10 Apr - 17:35

Good evening katertaif.
You are right, Churchill was a political, 'one off.' They did indeed throw away the mold following his tenure. Apparently he was not particularly well liked by many of the servicemen/women of the day, (according to my older rels) but he was a man, he had done what he expected others to do. He also put the safety and sanctity of this country first, something both the present and several more recent administrations show little or no concern with. His wit, personality, drive and oratory, even now puts the present bunch of overeducated bean counting; 'Yah boo, sucks to you' 'DisHonourable Members' firmly in the shade.

Political correctness is the 'in thing' with politics at the moment, no one is permitted under any circumstances to speak the truth, hence the over extended inquiries into military campaigns, or criticise the parents of 3 year old child left to babysit her younger siblings, or our police and soldiers being persecuted by politicians (who have never, ever in any way served their country) for defending themselves and the Nation. We should leave the EU, put our own house in order and return our ethical and moral values to those of pre 1975, when a politician was far more respected and knew the lot of the people he was elected to serve.

But obviously will never happen while there are loopholes designed by the powerful and rich 1% and built into our system of law and justice, purely for the use of the powerful and rich 1% of our society.

Oh yes, If anyone asks.... I'm an inverted snob. I'ts a wonderful life 294124
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  katertaif Sun 10 Apr - 23:25

Good evening Malena Stool. in my book, an inverted snob is still a few rungs higher up the political ladder than the just plain snobs we have. The only time some of them deign to notice us is at all is when they want our vote. The rest of the time we hardly exist, and certainly don't matter. It seems to me they have a comfortable existence, with apparently 3 political parties to choose from.(4 with the SNP) In actual fact you couldn't get a cigarette paper between them morally, intellectually or politically. They are in effect 3 heads of the same animal, and they have a vested interest in keeping it that way. As you say, "politspeak" is the in thing. No one is allowed to tell it the way it actually is, with the almost guaranteed certainty of being dubbed a racist or a fascist, or even both. In Churchill's day, people entered politics for love of the country, and many had proved it. Money, and how large a cellar of wine you could amass while you were Mayor was not a factor, whereas now it seems to be the overriding factor. They are always banging on about the poor salaries of MP's I have yet to hear that ay law has been passed saying they MUST enter politics. that being the case why have we so many candidates at election time? Grrr. One thing for sure is that we are sleepwalking into disaster led by the unknowing with a vastly overinflated sense of their own worth

I'ts a wonderful life 680495
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Tue 12 Apr - 20:24

katertaif wrote:Good evening Malena Stool. in my book, an inverted snob  is still a few rungs higher up the political ladder than the just plain snobs we have. The only time some of them deign to notice us is  at all is when they want our vote. The rest of the time we hardly exist, and certainly don't matter. It seems to me they have a comfortable existence, with apparently 3 political parties to choose from.(4 with  the  SNP) In actual fact you couldn't get a cigarette paper between them morally, intellectually or politically. They are in effect 3 heads of the same animal, and they have a vested interest in keeping it that way. As you say, "politspeak" is the in thing. No one is allowed to tell it the way it actually is, with the almost guaranteed certainty of being dubbed a racist or a fascist, or even  both. In Churchill's day, people entered politics for love of the country, and many had proved it. Money, and how large a cellar of wine you could amass while you were Mayor was not a factor, whereas now it seems to be the overriding factor. They are always banging on about the poor salaries of MP's  I have yet to hear that ay law has been passed saying they MUST enter politics. that being the case why have we so many candidates at election time? Grrr. One thing for sure is that we are sleepwalking into disaster led by the unknowing with a vastly overinflated sense of their own worth

Good evening katertaif,
Yes, their opinion of the smelly masses was displayed quite vividly by Alan Duncan yesterday when defending the alleged superiority of the upper class to the lower classes in the very Nation where his boss stated, "we are all in this together". We untermensch were described by this obnoxious, smooth talking oaf as "they" and, "they hate anyone who has a hint of wealth in their life".

In his eagerness to prove his superiority he managed to forget that the majority of "they" who never get a "hint of wealth in their lives" are hard working, underpaid and upright citizens of this Nation, completely unlike the inbred, silver-spoon parasites who infest Westminster, creatures that happily fiddle expenses and avoid/dodge taxes, who are mere elected public servants for all their airs and graces. It's plain to see why Denis Skinner has a problem fitting in..

Whoops, I'm afraid I just had another mild attack of inverted snobbery.. A pint and a bag of chips will soon put that right though... I'ts a wonderful life 294124

malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  katertaif Tue 12 Apr - 21:13

Good evening malena stool

Nail on the head as per. I think untermensch describes us quite well at least according to the Ubermensch we have elected to carry out our collective wishes. (something they conveniently forget when they get there) We certainly have no one in parliament today that you could say were demonstrably better than the ruck.

I'll get no roars of applause, and cries of Bravo for saying, I think Margaret Thatcher was closer to the Churchillian model than the pallid ghosts of those who inhabit the lower house now. Regardless of their wealth. In her case, she fitted the criteria of:- Whom the Gods would destroy they first make mad. We can only hope the country as a whole votes the right way come June. It's the best chance we'll ever have of avoiding becoming a province of the new "Festung Europa" with hordes of scheming politicians looking for new ways to mulct us.

katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Wed 13 Apr - 22:30

TODAY I RECEIVED MY EU REFERENDUM BOOKLET,SAYS OVER 3 MILLION JOBS AT RISKS IF WE LEAVE EU,I CALCATUTE 4 MILLION JOBS,HAVEN'T READ MOST OF BOOKLET.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Thu 14 Apr - 9:03

Hi Badboy, we've also had our forecast of doom from the Rt Dishonourable Prime Minister delivered also. It now lies awaiting the recycling collection. How can we believe anything of what Cameron says when he only gives one side of the story? The story he wants us to hear, not necessarily, (in fact almost certainly not) the truth. Especially after the fiasco and plainly blatant lies about his income and offshore accounts... We traded quite successfully with the world before we were taken into the common market, and the EU will still need our expertise and trade if we come out.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Thu 14 Apr - 20:38

I THINK THE IMF HAS GIVEN WATNINGS ABOUT CONSEQUENCES OF BREXIT.
JEREMY CORBYN HAS SAID WE SHOULD REMAIN IN EU FOR SAME REASONS.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  katertaif Thu 14 Apr - 22:12

Badboy wrote:I THINK THE IMF HAS GIVEN WATNINGS ABOUT CONSEQUENCES OF BREXIT.

We have been given plenty of warnings about our possible exit badboy. None of them make a great deal of sense in that they are about trade. Why should we lose trade? If for the sake of a discussion, we are supplying a German company with ball bearings, made of a special steel for instance. The German company will still want them after we have pulled out. To say we will lose trade in that fashion is a lie. It seems they have to resort to lies at every turn, we were taken in on a lie. According to Heath it was just a collection of countries who would offer more generous financial incentives to member states. No one mentioned the United States of Europe THEN.

What is amusing in a perverse way is the attitude change among so called senior statesmen. Barroso, until recently the head commissioner, which I believe is a euphemism for unemployed. has until fairly recently, said if the English want to leave, let them, they are of little consequence. Now it's no!! Don't go, you won't like it, we love you really. Obama (you will have gathered over the months, I have absolutely no time for him) He made it quite clear in his first term of office that he had no time for us either. Now suddenly we are important people. I was unaware the US of A was in the EU at all. the finance markets of the world will collapse into a sort of financial nuclear winter. While trade will be decimated around the world.

Rubbish badboy. What I do know and understand is that we have lost our ship building industry. Even our fishing industry has lost, while our European partners have more than treble the size of the Spanish fishing fleets, and allowed them to fish our waters.. Our steel industry is a hollow echo of what it was once, and even that is foreign owned. We are flooded with cheap this, and cheap that, while our farmers close down. The NHS, once the envy of the world is in parts no longer able to cope. Some benefits are already being cut. There are just too many people taking from the pot. We are constantly told these people are not immigrants but eastern country EU members. We simply could not be worse off out of it. We are being bled white in it.(PS my problem with Obama is that he is a Democrat. No other reason. Were I an American, I would be Republican)

katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sun 24 Apr - 13:32

SOME ARE SAYING REFERUNDUM IS AFFECTING CONSUMER SPENDING,NOT SURE IF IT IS.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sun 24 Apr - 14:09

Badboy wrote:I THINK THE IMF HAS GIVEN WATNINGS ABOUT CONSEQUENCES OF BREXIT.

Hi Badboy,
Corbyn, up until a few weeks ago was all for leaving the EU.... He has probably been told by Unite boss, Len McCluskey (Corbyn's cash-cow who is funding New Labour) to toe the union's line... Corbyn voted against Britain's membership of the Common Market back in 1975 and has always criticised EU policy. He is not the leader neither the Country nor the Labour movement needs nor deserves.. IMHO anyway..
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Thu 19 May - 22:52

RECEIVED LEAFLET ABOUT BENEFITS OF BEING IN EU LIKE SAVING MONEY ON FOOD ETC ETC
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Fri 20 May - 14:46

Who really knows what would or wouldn't happen? No-one because it's never happened before. We can't decide by the "facts" the 2 camps are spouting.it's just a personal preference.
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2933
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Fri 20 May - 19:06

Angelina wrote:Who really knows what would or wouldn't happen?   No-one because it's never happened before.    We can't decide by the "facts" the 2 camps are spouting.it's just a personal preference.

You are right Angelina.  Although I don't see why the remain campaign say the cost of food will go up if we leave. . As far as I can see the cost of food has gone up tremendously these last few years.  Also the quality of it is rubbish. As you say it all depends on personal preference and what we can see with our own eyes. Some see one thing and others see differently.

Last edited by fuzeta on Fri 20 May - 19:07; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add)
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Fri 20 May - 19:14

fuzeta wrote:
Angelina wrote:Who really knows what would or wouldn't happen?   No-one because it's never happened before.    We can't decide by the "facts" the 2 camps are spouting.it's just a personal preference.

You are right Angelina.  Although I don't see why the remain campaign say the cost of food will go up if we leave. . As far as I can see the cost of food has gone up tremendously these last few years.  Also the quality of it is rubbish. As you say it all depends on personal preference and what we can see with our own eyes. Some see one thing and others see differently.

I must admit my supermarket bills have certainly gone up a lot in the last 2 years...and it's not because I'm buying more.

And some people can't or don't want to see what's in front of their noses.
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2933
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Mon 30 May - 22:54

THE ELECTORAL COMMISSION IS INVESTIGATING BIASED LEAFLETS SEND OUT BY BRISTOL CITY COUNCIL AND OTHERS WHERE A TICK IS INDICATED BY REMAIN IN EUROPE BOX.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Tue 31 May - 9:33

Hello Badboy, yes it is the postal vote package. Here it is -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36411509
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down