Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Just picked up from Twitter: Gonçalo's appeal

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Just picked up from Twitter: Gonçalo's appeal

Post  fred on Tue 26 Apr - 22:03

jassi wrote:There is no reason why an English version of the book should not be put on sale in Portugal and indeed throughout Europe. Plenty of English-speaking tourist around to snap them up.

Exactly!! English is the common language through out most of the world, what with internet sales it could easily prove to be a best seller even if it isn't on sale in the UK.

fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4843
Location : Dining in my back garden
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Just picked up from Twitter: Gonçalo's appeal

Post  Keela on Wed 27 Apr - 13:03

jassi wrote:There is no reason why an English version of the book should not be put on sale in Portugal and indeed throughout Europe. Plenty of English-speaking tourist around to snap them up.


Correct, there are plenty of english speaking tourists around but how many of them would really be interested in reading the book? To a lot of people this is something which happened ages ago and they have pushed it to the back of their memory banks. It is only us who want to see GA back where he belongs who are interested. Having said that, I would sell it in my shop.

Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2303
Age : 63
Location : Darkened room, hoping for the best.
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Just picked up from Twitter: Gonçalo's appeal

Post  flower on Wed 27 Apr - 13:10

Keela wrote:
jassi wrote:There is no reason why an English version of the book should not be put on sale in Portugal and indeed throughout Europe. Plenty of English-speaking tourist around to snap them up.


Correct, there are plenty of english speaking tourists around but how many of them would really be interested in reading the book? To a lot of people this is something which happened ages ago and they have pushed it to the back of their memory banks. It is only us who want to see GA back where he belongs who are interested. Having said that, I would sell it in my shop.


Please let us know if this happens. I for one would buy at least one from you!  

flower
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 678
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Just picked up from Twitter: Gonçalo's appeal

Post  pennylane on Wed 27 Apr - 18:24

flower wrote:
Keela wrote:
jassi wrote:There is no reason why an English version of the book should not be put on sale in Portugal and indeed throughout Europe. Plenty of English-speaking tourist around to snap them up.


Correct, there are plenty of english speaking tourists around but how many of them would really be interested in reading the book? To a lot of people this is something which happened ages ago and they have pushed it to the back of their memory banks. It is only us who want to see GA back where he belongs who are interested. Having said that, I would sell it in my shop.


Please let us know if this happens.  I for one would buy at least one from you!  

Me too x

pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5351
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Just picked up from Twitter: Gonçalo's appeal

Post  fred on Wed 27 Apr - 20:00

This might be a bit of an obvious question, but can't people self publicate, surely in a case like this when a book has been a best seller, just translating it wouldn't be a problem. Amaral has many supporters and the hype and publicity would be an easy thing to achieve woudn't it?

fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4843
Location : Dining in my back garden
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Just picked up from Twitter: Gonçalo's appeal

Post  Chris on Thu 28 Apr - 12:03

fred wrote:This might be a bit of an obvious question, but can't people self publicate, surely in a case  like this when a book has been a best seller, just translating it wouldn't be a problem.  Amaral has many supporters and the hype and publicity would be an easy thing to achieve woudn't it?

The difficulty is more distribution not publication with a threat of legal action.

Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1607
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Just picked up from Twitter: Gonçalo's appeal

Post  interested on Thu 28 Apr - 17:49

There has been 'chatter' on twitter that individuals who contributed to the Go-Fund-Me campaign are being doorstepped by the Daily Mail. If that is correct, I wonder if they will be visiting the homes of the police officers who contributed.

I find it hard to believe that the DM would do this considering the sad and untimely death of Brenda Leyland, but I suppose nothing comes in the way of good headlines and photos.

interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2422
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Just picked up from Twitter: Gonçalo's appeal

Post  interested on Thu 28 Apr - 19:17

interested wrote:There has been 'chatter' on twitter that individuals who contributed to the Go-Fund-Me campaign are being doorstepped by the Daily Mail.  If that is correct, I wonder if they will be visiting the homes of the police officers who contributed.

I find it hard to believe that the DM would do this considering the sad and untimely death of Brenda Leyland, but I suppose nothing comes in the way of  good headlines and photos.


According to further 'chatter', the people who have been targeted had posted their own names, addresses and Facebook information on Pat Brown's The Daily Profiler in response to Pat's post dated October 5, 2014 following the tragic death of Brenda Leyland. Some had indicated in their replies to Pat that they believed they were included in the original dossier.

I take it now that whoever is doing the doorstepping today did not get their information from the Go-Fund-Me site or PayPal.

interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2422
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Just picked up from Twitter: Gonçalo's appeal

Post  kitti on Fri 29 Apr - 22:00

THE BOOK WENT BACK ON SALE TODAY.


I don't see why it can't be translated into English and sold anywhere in the world so you can buy it from abroad ..America, Australia and Europe...so the Mccanns won't win either way...just buy it online but not from the UK.

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Just picked up from Twitter: Gonçalo's appeal

Post  Sponsored content Today at 17:56


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum