Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

K and G hope Theresa May will revive the search

+4
cherry1
maebee
fuzeta
Badboy
8 posters

Go down

K and G hope Theresa May will revive the search  Empty K and G hope Theresa May will revive the search

Post  cherry1 Tue 19 Jul - 15:52

MADDIE HOPE Kate and Gerry McCann hope new PM Theresa May will revive search for missing tot

The new PM already has given Met Police an extra £95,000 to help keep the search for Maddie going

Exclusive

By LAUREN FRUEN and TRACEY KANDOHLA

19th July 2016, 12:55 pm

THE parents of missing Madeleine McCann have been offered fresh hope in finding their little girl by Britain’s new Prime Minister Theresa May.

Kate and Gerry hope that the former Home Secretary – who has publicly backed their search – could save the fading police hunt.

Scotland Yard’s £12 million pound investigation into Maddie’s disappearance is due to be axed within months.

But former Home Secretary May – who previously backed the couple – could now make a U-turn giving the family fresh hope.

A source close to the McCann’s said yesterday: “Kate and Gerry know the inquiry has to end one day but it is possible more time could be granted by Mrs May and her new Home Secretary Amber Rudd. Theresa has met the couple in the past and has been very supportive.”

Maddie disappeared from a holiday apartment in Praia da Luz, Portugal, nearly 10 years ago.

In her role as Home Secretary May granted the Met Police an extra £95,000 to help keep the search for Maddie going until October despite failing to unearth any new clues.

Maddie’s gran Sue Healy said at the time: “This is good news and we are very grateful for that.”

But Scotland Yard boss Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe later admitted that unless they get a new line of inquiry they will have to give up the search.

He warned in Spring that the high profile search could end soon as police have just one final lead left to follow which he said “everybody agrees if worth pursuing.”

Hogan-Howe said: “There is a line of inquiry that remains to be concluded and it’s expected in the coming months that will happen.

“There’s been a lot of investigation time spent on this terrible case. Everybody wants to know if she is alive and if she is where is she, and sadly if she’s dead then we need to give some comfort to the family.”

The investigation has been drastically scaled back surviving with a team of three when there were, at one stage, thirty officers.

Mrs May previously told The Sun: “We all want to see this beautiful little girl returned to her parents. That’s why we have been doing everything we can behind the scenes.”

Before The Met Police inquiry was ordered in May 2011 by then PM David Cameron Kate had slammed the Government for “giving up on Madeleine”.

Launching an online petition in November 2010 to lobby the British and Portuguese authorities for a review of the case, she told her “disappointment”.

She said: “There is an abductor out there who is free to take another child. Other children are at risk and nothing is being done. Theresa May said she didn’t want to make any commitment. It was disappointing.

“I can’t get my head round the Government giving up on Madeleine. Why are missing children not important? They look for terrorists, why can’t they look for child abductors?”

The Government had a change of heart after Kate penned an emotional open letter, published in The Sun and delivered to Downing Street.

She called on the PM to press for a full independent and transparent review into Maddie’s case.

Mr Cameron wrote to the McCann’s, after ordering the Met Police to reopen every file on the missing youngster, saying he hoped “new action” would “help boost efforts in the search.”

He added: “Your ordeal is every parent’s worst nightmare and my heart goes out to both of you. I simply cannot imagine the pain you have experienced over the years.”

A Yard spokesperson said yesterday: “The Operation Grange team have considered the recent media speculation but we are not prepared to discuss our ongoing investigation to discover what happened to Madeleine McCann.”

The McCann source added: “It would be a boost to Kate and Gerry for the inquiry to continue but when it does end they will continue the search themselves.”
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :
K and G hope Theresa May will revive the search  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100K and G hope Theresa May will revive the search  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

K and G hope Theresa May will revive the search  Empty Re: K and G hope Theresa May will revive the search

Post  Badboy Tue 19 Jul - 15:57

THAT AMOUNT OF MONEY COULD BUY LOTS OF ESTABLISHED WEBSITES FOR MYSELF AND I MIGHT PAY SOME TAXES AS WELL IN THE PROCESS.
BETTER IF THEY HAVEN'T LEFT HER ALONE.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :
K and G hope Theresa May will revive the search  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100K and G hope Theresa May will revive the search  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

K and G hope Theresa May will revive the search  Empty Re: K and G hope Theresa May will revive the search

Post  fuzeta Tue 19 Jul - 19:39

The McCann's are really pushing it now. How dare they? I think Theresa May should spend money on our depleted police force (depleted by her) to help keep us all safe in these terrible time. Not throw it down the drain trying to find a scape goat to exonerate the McCann's I have no faith in Theresa May and I think it is very likely that she will throw even more of tax payers money into this so called investigation K and G hope Theresa May will revive the search  157799
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Tue 19 Jul - 20:23

I've no doubt the McCanns would like the PM to revive the search. They are probably at work organizing the 10th anniversary commemoration event and reviving the search would play nicely into their ongoing agenda. If the PM reads the Sun, I hope she takes the time to read the comments in response to the article. The comments should give her a sense of the public mood about the McCanns and the vast sum of public money which has already been spent in support of this folly.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  maebee Tue 19 Jul - 22:31

interested wrote: If the PM reads the Sun, I hope she takes the time to read the comments in response to the article.  The comments should give her a sense of the public mood about the McCanns and the vast sum of public money which has already been spent in support of this folly.

Indeed. Just read all 23 comments and not one of them is supportive of the McCanns.
maebee
maebee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 467
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Wed 20 Jul - 8:14

I would hope that Theresa May is more politically astute than to put the aspirations of two narcissistic child neglectors before the real needs of this country and the task set to the office she now holds.

Politicians of all ilks and the Police and Judiciary have been drawn into and meddled enough in the tragedy that occurred in Portugal in 2007.

It's high time Madeleine's disappearance was settled once and for all on the real evidence that was gathered and collated by forensic scientists, the dogs and the Portuguese Police.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Wed 20 Jul - 14:39

cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Wed 20 Jul - 14:43

The Mirror now has the story about giving the family "fresh hope". Kate has said she can't get her "head round the Government giving up on Madeleine". Maybe she should read the comments in the Sun and Mirror and let the public's words sink into her head; the public believe the dogs.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  weissnicht Wed 20 Jul - 20:07

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/rebekah-brooks-accused-of-bullying-government-over-mccanns-7737611.html (I really wonder what Brooks has on May)

Theresa May will do as told...imo.

Who cares about running UK...or finally do something about 'Brexit is brexit' etc. mccann demands...mccanns will get...as usual.
weissnicht
weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 851
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Thu 21 Jul - 1:40

According to the story in the Daily Star a 'source' is quoted as saying, "...the couple would be willing to meet Mrs. May to put their case for extra taxpayer funding". That's right, they would be WILLING to meet the PM. I guess the question is, will the PM be willing to meet them? I hope her answer is "No, get lost".
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Thu 21 Jul - 10:07

Interested said, Kate has said she can't get her "head round the Government giving up on Madeleine".

Perhaps May, as head of our government at this time has something else to do.... Just like Madeleine's parents did in 2007 when they also had an important task... being responsible for the safety and well being of their children?

They themselves give up on Madeleine for an appointment with their friends, feeding their faces with freebie food and drink at a happy hour!!!
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Thu 21 Jul - 11:15

fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Thu 21 Jul - 15:12

interested wrote:According to the story in the Daily Star a 'source' is quoted as saying, "...the couple would be willing to meet Mrs. May to put their case for extra taxpayer funding".  That's right, they would be WILLING to meet the PM.  I guess the question is, will the PM be willing to meet them?  I hope her answer is "No, get lost".

It's the bloody arrogance that continues to make my blood boil - they would be WILLING to lower themselves to meet the PM to ask for further public money.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  weissnicht Thu 21 Jul - 18:22

interested wrote:
interested wrote:According to the story in the Daily Star a 'source' is quoted as saying, "...the couple would be willing to meet Mrs. May to put their case for extra taxpayer funding".  That's right, they would be WILLING to meet the PM.  I guess the question is, will the PM be willing to meet them?  I hope her answer is "No, get lost".

It's the bloody arrogance that continues to make my blood boil - they would be WILLING to lower themselves to meet the PM to ask for further public money.

Maybe the 'willing to meet PM' has everything to do with...whatever Murdoch and Brooks have on May. May can be ruined in a second if not doing as told?

"Rebekah Brooks was accused of bullying the Government into ordering a British police investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

QC Robert Jay claimed Mrs Brooks threatened to put Home Secretary Theresa May on the front page of The Sun every day until she ordered a new inquiry into the missing child."

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/rebekah-brooks-accused-of-bullying-government-over-mccanns-7737611.html
weissnicht
weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 851
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down